• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

explanation for english aqua's voice, proof/footage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Yes, i'm quite aware of that sky. Most people who said Willa had an accent, said it was a british accent, so I assumed that Aqua. was saying that Aqua's JP VA had a british accent of some sort.
exactly, there are more accents then just british... there's probably a more specific one to compare to willa's voice but yeah idk i don't know all the languages/accents of the world lol.

loll.. it's like thinking that there's "spanish japanese " and "english japanese" , "british japanese" lol.. but no it's like the accent i guess if it came from a person who spoke english/spanish/british.

i just meant that jp aqua has an accent in general, idk which kind, but kinda like how in ff13, vanille and fang have an accent. but i didn't know it was an equivalent to an austrailian accent in english.
so maybe since aqua has a slight accent in jpnese, the equivalent in english would be to make her have a slight accent in english. errr if that makes sense ?

I kinda like the japanese VA better. The english VA was ok, but in a few parts (from what we have seen already) her voice was kinda...meh?

(And I have met a few japanese women that had a high voice like that, though they were more like...16ish)
exactly, 16 is like kairi's age,a year older maybe. KAIRI, has a girly kid sounding voice. like namine kind of. and if they're 16 they're TEENS. not women. and yeah are you sure that was their real voice? or where they like faking/acting cute voice? idk. some people do have naturally high pitched voices i mean look a justin beiber.. but then again isn't HE 16 as well ?

aqua is suppose to be like 19/20 or 18..

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Aqua. you're jsut comparing the tone of voice. but just because english is lower doesn't mean it's stronger.

Well, lower might not necessarily mean stronger, but high-pitched female voices tend to connote both femininity and weakness. =/

...of course, lower-pitched female voices tend to connote lack of moral character rather than strength. Then again, "bad girls" get to be strong more often than good girls, anyway (...how's that for Unfortunate Implications -_-).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's not so much the tone that makes people dislike Willa, but the delivery. Everything seems so underplayed, monotone, awkward, or devoid of personality to me.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
exactly, there are more accents then just british... there's probably a more specific one to compare to willa's voice but yeah idk i don't know all the languages/accents of the world lol.

loll.. it's like thinking that there's "spanish japanese " and "english japanese" , "british japanese" lol.. but no it's like the accent i guess if it came from a person who spoke english/spanish/british.

i just meant that jp aqua has an accent in general, idk which kind, but kinda like how in ff13, vanille and fang have an accent. but i didn't know it was an equivalent to an austrailian accent in english.
so maybe since aqua has a slight accent in jpnese, the equivalent in english would be to make her have a slight accent in english. errr if that makes sense ?

I'm... very confused rn. I think you meant to bold a different part of what I said because you said "exactly" like you agreed with the bolded part of what I said and then agreed with skyfoxx. I said I was aware that there are accents other than british but people in the VA thread were specifically pointing out that she sounded british because Willa lived in England for a small amount of time when she was younger. So, I assumed (this wasn't smart on my part to assume but you never said an accent in particular so I just went with british) that you meant that she sounded like she had a english/british accent.

Idk, I still don't hear an accent with Japanese or North American Aqua.

Last edited:

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
It's not so much the tone that makes people dislike Willa, but the delivery. Everything seems so underplayed, monotone, awkward, or devoid of personality to me.
i agree w/ the underplayed/monotone/awkward but only for the first "luckycharm/fruit" part she said, the whole segment was like "erk.."
but idk, maybe it's my personality or w/e, but i would rather have her suck and have a deep/normal voice then a fake sounding high pitched voice.. but that's mostly cuz even if it's not about kh or anything, i just don't like it when video games/animes/anything make females w/ super high pitched voices, especially asians cuz its kinda like a stereotype [in my point of view anways..] but w/e..
I'm... very confused rn. I think you meant to bold a different part of what I said because you said "exactly" like you agreed with the bolded part of what I said and then agreed with skyfoxx. I said I was aware that there are accents other than british but people in the VA thread were specifically pointing out that she sounded british because Willa lived in England for a small amount of time when she was younger. So, I assumed (this wasn't smart on my part to assume but you never said an accent in particular so I just went with british) that you meant that she sounded like she had a english/british accent.

Idk, I still don't hear an accent with Japanese or North American Aqua.
i said exactly cuz i agreed w/ skyfox.. woah sorry i know i like suck at explaining things ugh so confusing ! lol

well idk what accent but i just mean like, she seems to have an accent. but everyone has one, even if they speak the language they speak "perfectly" or english w/e.. lol.

NOTE: er ima close this thread now ~ i guess it served it's purpose ? hehe.

jp aqua had slight accent -> reason why eng aqua sounds as if she has slight accent as well.

ok ! yes ! byebye !

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I didn't think Japanese Aqua had an awfully high-pitched voice. English Aqua was kind stepping into tranny territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back