• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Explaining Timeless River's supposed violations of time travel laws and parallel worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Eeeeh, that's not correct. They do actually refer to Timeless River as Disney Castle's past multiple times, though.

The entire point of that world was that Pete was desperate to change the past and his future. The manga makes this a bit more apparent by having Maleficent send Pete to plant the seeds of the thorns in the past so they can obstruct the light of the cornerstone in the future. Though since that's the manga it's not the same as in game confirmation, but it's closer than nothing. If the world hadn't been in the past, then I don't think altering it would have done anything to Disney Castle in the present.

I think there's something to the parallel worlds thing, especially since the disney cast's timelines are so odd but Timeless River is pretty specifically supposed to be the actual past of Disney Castle.
Oh ho I forgot Maleficent. Though why would a time traveler like Merlin call it one thing but her another?
Mehhh I wouldn't consider manga canon info, the quotes of Maleficent are more than enough.

Interesting. Then what do you think of the parallel worlds bit? generally curious since it's rare to agree on theories

I still don't understand why people always defend Xehanort's rules and try to bend the "logic" of the other games around them while it's clearly easier to dismiss them as an over-complicated method to achieve stuff without breaking the plot in thousand pieces (maybe there exists a fourth or even fifth rule why Xehanort has to use time travel this way he's not telling the player about).
Cause I'm bored and the theory kills time. Don't know about everyone else.

Even DDD supports this by sending Sora & Riku in the past without discarding their bodies, changing their future by taking the raft and arriving back in the present when they land in The World That Never Was without any complication.
Sora & Riku didn't change the future not once. We never see the raft again after the 2nd day on DI in KH1 leaving what happened to it up in the air.
Nothing said they'd arrive exactly where they first started either. They was only told to back to Yen SIDS tower safety and he'd pass them.

it is the worlds dream. dreams don't always make sense. perhaps all of that happened, without pete, and pete gathering heartless is what sent the world into it's slumber, so the dream takes the bigger bad of the two incedents and meshes them together. idk. dreams man. they be crazy.
Doubtful because Sora points out the people in the dreams were there, that's the whole point of the momento explaining why worlds create dream versions to fill the void left by the real like in the case of Jimeny.

I always felt like everyone was in disguise in the Musketeer world. Maybe Pete went there to terrorize the people, then Mickey followed, but they all had to disguise themselves?

Still doesn't explain Minnie.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Merlin: Now, one more thing. You're heading into a very special world. While you're there,the nature of that world may tempt you to do something dark.
You must resist that temptation at all costs!

Sora:What do you mean?

Merlin: You'll know soon enough. I have faith in you, my lads!
Sounds like old wizard talk for "I know this is the past, but I'm not gonna tell ya because I'm a wizard."

It is clearly supposed to be Disney Castle's past, so...I think it may be a copy made by Pete's wanting to go back.

Pete: Why, when I was startin' out... Oh...I miss those good ol' days...
What I wouldn't give to go back in time...
What I wouldn't give... *magic door appears*

Even though it's a copy it's tied to the real Disney Castle, so whatever happens in the copy past affects the present.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the only thing that gets me about the Timeless River door is the fact that Pete summoned that in Hollow Bastion, then transported himself to Disney Castle's past. That means the door also served as a transportation device from one world to another.

yamibakura

i have tho a question.the muskketters is aworld in sleep.what happens if it awakens?would there be a past version of mickey like xehanort has YX?and if that is possible why didnt xehanort take advantage of this possibility?he could avoid all this nonesce with the org 13.
and more importanty how did fantasia had muskeeters fall in sleep?also is evey1 in the realm of sleep made of dreams menaing they are just alligoric beings wihout a real existence?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Interesting. Then what do you think of the parallel worlds bit? generally curious since it's rare to agree on theories
Nothing much, other than Mickey and his friends have always existed specially. Unaging and in various incarnations. This may carry over to the canon.

i have tho a question.the muskketters is aworld in sleep.what happens if it awakens?would there be a past version of mickey like xehanort has YX?and if that is possible why didnt xehanort take advantage of this possibility?he could avoid all this nonesce with the org 13.
There is only, as far as we know, one Mickey. That Mickey confirmed he was "working on a problem" in the country of the musketeers. What that problem is probably had something to do with Pete, or it is indeed a parallel world and Mickey wanted to find out what in the world was going on. In any case, it's not asleep anymore. Any residents who were in the world when it was destroyed are probably back on it, awake and healthy.

and more importanty how did fantasia had muskeeters fall in sleep?also is evey1 in the realm of sleep made of dreams menaing they are just alligoric beings wihout a real existence?

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but the worlds and their inhabitants in the Realm of Sleep are the manifestation of that world's dreams. Meaning that you are not actually interacting with those characters, just the world's dream-memories of them. The only case where this isn't quite what's going on is Traverse Town, but Joshua explains that in game.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think the only thing that gets me about the Timeless River door is the fact that Pete summoned that in Hollow Bastion, then transported himself to Disney Castle's past. That means the door also served as a transportation device from one world to another.
That never crossed my mind. o_0

Nothing much, other than Mickey and his friends have always existed specially. Unaging and in various incarnations. This may carry over to the canon.
A good point. Just like there are many cartoons there could be many incarnations of him and his world.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Royalty is a lineage.
When someone marries a King they become a Queen. Mickey is the rightful King of Disney Castle and Minnie is Queen because she married him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
When someone marries a King they become a Queen. Mickey is the rightful King of Disney Castle and Minnie is Queen because she married him.

It was never said which was the king/queen before marriage. Plus this still doesn't explain why Mickey is visiting what he views as another world. If it was truly a past version of his own Disney Castle he wouldn't have needed to play the musketeer and he'd be the royal one rather than Minnie there.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It was never said which was the king/queen before marriage.
Mickey is the King of Disney, it literally never even has to be outright stated by Nomura or anyone else.

Plus this still doesn't explain why Mickey is visiting what he views as another world.
Because he traveled while training to be a Keyblade Master.

If it was truly a past version of his own Disney Castle he wouldn't have needed to play the musketeer and he'd be the royal one rather than Minnie there.
Well, because it isn't Disney Castle. The Country of Musketeers is Minnie's homeworld.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was never said which was the king/queen before marriage. Plus this still doesn't explain why Mickey is visiting what he views as another world. If it was truly a past version of his own Disney Castle he wouldn't have needed to play the musketeer and he'd be the royal one rather than Minnie there.

It seems more likely that he brought Minnie, Donald, and Goofy with him back to his own world. It was a Sleeping World, which means that it was destroyed so he likely saved them all.

Edit: ninja'd

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well, because it isn't Disney Castle. The Country of Musketeers is Minnie's homeworld.

Touche~ Was that confirmed anywhere tho- meh that's to good a possibility never mind. I don't think she'd leave her own homeworld though if she rules it unless she left it as it was falling into it's sleep.
But what of the peg legged pete? I highly doubt even Disney can regrow something like a missing leg.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It seems more likely that he brought Minnie, Donald, and Goofy with him back to his own world. It was a Sleeping World, which means that it was destroyed so he likely saved them all.

Edit: ninja'd

I don't think Donald and Goofy came from Court of Musketeers. When they were in timeless river, they said it felt like Deja Vu implying that they existed in the past version of Disney Castle alongside Pete and Mickey

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Touche~ Was that confirmed anywhere tho- meh that's to good a possibility never mind. I don't think she'd leave her own homeworld though if she rules it unless she left it as it was falling into it's sleep.
But what of the peg legged pete? I highly doubt even Disney can regrow something like a missing leg.
Minnie is the Princess of Country of Musketeers and you can tell by all of her dialogue that she lives there. Like Master Spockanort said, she probably left because it fell to darkness. Mickey isn't going to leave his lady behind.

Magic. Disney Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back