• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Explain Your Religion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
This is a question to those who follow a religion. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism...Jedism??...ect.

What is the reason you follow that religion? Is it because it is convienient and more to your liking? Does it sound like truth to you? Please enlighten us on your beliefs and why you believe them. What really made you decide this is the religion for you?

The Watchman

One thing I do when looking for a particular religion to be a part of is I try to find ways to prove this religion wrong. If there is one thing that I can prove wrong, I do not join it. Christianity has been the one that can't prove wrong. The Bible is the Word of God. There has been no way I could prove it wrong. This says a lot considering I have grown up in 6 different churches, 4 different religions within these different churches. Christianity goes along with everything I agree with.

This is a question to those who follow a religion. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism...Jedism??...ect.

What is the reason you follow that religion? Is it because it is convienient and more to your liking? Does it sound like truth to you? Please enlighten us on your beliefs and why you believe them. What really made you decide this is the religion for you?

I personaly don't follow a religion, however a close friend of mine has felt a sense of peer-preassure from her family and local church . In any case if you are exposed to this kind of element one would think to pull out, but if she were, it'd make her look like the 'bad guy'.

If anything I'd want her to only be with the church if she wanted to be with them on her own will, not feel the need to be, a big difference.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
Hinduism is too complex to explain in one post.
I'll sum it up in a few points for you:

We have lots of gods
We are essentially a non-violent religion.
Supposed to be Vegetarian, but there are hindus that eat meat.
We reincarnate after death. Being in an endless cycle until purity is achieved.

Buddhism takes a lot of it's ideology from Hinduism.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Except the ambiguity about whether any divinity exists. And yes, Buddhism came form Hinduism, kinda like Christianity came from Judaism, no?

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
One thing I do when looking for a particular religion to be a part of is I try to find ways to prove this religion wrong. If there is one thing that I can prove wrong, I do not join it. Christianity has been the one that can't prove wrong. The Bible is the Word of God. There has been no way I could prove it wrong. This says a lot considering I have grown up in 6 different churches, 4 different religions within these different churches. Christianity goes along with everything I agree with.

Wow. Six different churches eh? Did each one teach the exact same thing? I mean..besides the basic Christian teachings..

Christianity was a... replacement type from Judaism, not just an inspired branch from it. Is that how Hinduism and Buddhism is?

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
130481373_ce618e1031_o.jpg

Not like It's different from anything else.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I myself more or less am a Christian, but I'm far from devote. I find it hard to believe that out of every religion, only one could possibly be right, especially since so higher deity can be proved or disproved to exist.

If there is one thing that I can prove wrong, I do not join it. Christianity has been the one that can't prove wrong. The Bible is the Word of God. There has been no way I could prove it wrong.

I'd love for you to prove it right then. All we "know" is that the Bible was written by humans who claim it to be the Word of God. No answer this. How do we know for a fact that it is indeed the absolute word of the Creator, if such a thing exists? They could have easily have made it up. After all, if anyone in our time were to come out and say God spoke to them, they would be deemed insane and have no credibility whatsoever.

Everything in religion simply comes down to faith and belief. Trying to prove one over the other is pointless if no one is willing to change their beliefs.

K

kingdomfighter5

i was born into a family full of methodists christians. i believe alot of the things in the bible and believe in the christian religion. I like the reality of a god that forgives and one with a plan for everyone. but i would not call myself methodist even though that is what i am due to conformation but i really notice that the division of faith is not that important. I believe that if you believe in a all powerfull god who does have a plan and is kind and will bring you salvation then it doesnt matter. And that is budists and islamic religious beliefs as well at least thats what my islamic friend said.

Sephiros_TH

Actually it is the word of the Council of Nicea, not god, and not directly the word of Christ's apostles, the bible is the word of the Roman Empire. And there in Catholicism must be the only true Christian religion as it was the one which was spawned due to the bible.
Anywho I practice a new religion which shares many values with Buddhism and Hinduism. This religion is as of yet to have one exact name but the gist is that the universe is under the will of the exult. They are the gods of our existence. One's souls is born from them and is marked by them. You live your life according to the marks you have been given. They do not directly control you but your path is set, who you are and how you act. When you die you face Death the leader of the exult. He will survey your marks and your individual actions during your life and then you are reborn as anything Death sees fit. The gods are not conscious beings, they are existence of concepts that are beyond human comprehension. The only escape from the exult's eternal test is liberation. Liberation will only occur when one discovers the only truth: that truth is nothing. When one find that there is no such thing as truth because truth is equivalent to nothing may one aspire towards liberation. Once one has achieved this knowledge it will stay with them through reincarnation. Once one has deticated their entire life to becoming as close to nothing as possible in physical form will Death appear before you and liberate you from the shackles of existence. You have been freed from the pains and toils of existence and you have now surpassed the gods.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Wow. Six different churches eh? Did each one teach the exact same thing? I mean..besides the basic Christian teachings..

Christianity was a... replacement type from Judaism, not just an inspired branch from it. Is that how Hinduism and Buddhism is?

Eh, Buddhism was a case of Siddhartha displeased with various aspects of Hinduism and so he split from it to find his own path to enlightenment. From that, while it does borrow some aspects (example, reincarnation) from Hinduism, Buddhism came into existence. And from there, various interpretations came into being, like Theravada and Mahayana. But Buddhism isn't really a direct descendant of Hinduism. Siddhartha broke away from his family after seeing the sick, the aged, and suffering in the world, and decided he was going to find a way to escape the suffering.

Last edited:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The basic Buddhist believe doesn't care about gods. All it concerns itself with is releasing yourself from material attachment. It sounds really bitter and jaded when you see Buddhism's earliest form.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Thanks everyone for your posts. Please continue to do so.

Since Christianity is the most popular belief, can you guys tell me what it is that you do not feel is correct or right about it's teachings?

Buddhism

Hinduism.. ect???

Awards
The Bible is the Word of God. There has been no way I could prove it wrong.

Then you are quite possibly the shittiest debater I have ever met. If you can't find a logic argument against the theory that the world was created by an invisible man who lives in the sky, how do you even manage to put on your pants without getting your **** caught in the zipper?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
As I said earlier, religion involving higher beings is practically impossible to prove or disprove. Logic and faith simply do not mix and will constantly be at odds with one another.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Oh? Can you prove the Bible false, Son of Sam?

Do you promise not to call anything that might do the trick a metaphor?

Last edited:

Sephiros_TH

Oh? Can you prove the Bible false, Son of Sam?

I know I can. Here is a little known fact, the Bible was compiled by the council of Nicea there fore all you believe about Jesus Christ was molded to the liking of the Roman Empire. If the Bible is the word of god wouldn't Jesus have brought it himself? it was brought what, 300 years after Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back