• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Expectations for Paris Game Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mytomxxx

So Paris Game Week is about to go down (haha)

I would like to read you guys expectations, hopes and wishes about KH3 at PGW.

They confirmed the demo, and a live stream, but not confirmed KH3 in the live.

My expectations are pretty low, I'm kinda accepting the possibility that we already got all the disney worlds. That being said, I don't see they showing anything at all at PGW. Please prove me wrong, I'm depressed t.t.

But I hope they show us a world reveal (especially Disney), if not at least more info about Olympus, and FF characters.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I still think they have a few Disney worlds left to reveal. Though I don't think it's happening at PGW at this point. The focus might just be on Olympus and Twilight Town.

mytomxxx

I still think they have a few Disney worlds left to reveal. Though I don't think it's happening at PGW at this point. The focus might just be on Olympus and Twilight Town.

So you think they will show new info, but it will be about Olympus and Twilight Town?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So you think they will show new info, but it will be about Olympus and Twilight Town?

Maybe. Those two worlds have been the focus of last week's magazines and today's Famitsu leak. I'd like to be proven wrong though. Aside from that maybe a preview of the opening theme song.

mytomxxx

Maybe. Those two worlds have been the focus of last week's magazines and today's Famitsu leak. I'd like to be proven wrong though. Aside from that maybe a preview of the opening theme song.

Woo didn't know we had a leak today, do you have a link about it?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
My expectations have gone way down since earlier in the year. Originally, I thought this would be a pretty big deal, with the opening cinematic revealed like 0.2. But now that they’ve been fairly quiet about this event, I’m not as confident in new content here. I think it’s because the public trailers so far have been shown at promoted showcases, streams, etc. They’re certainly capable of breaking from that and dropping something straight through social media channels, but I don’t want to expect that until it actually happens.

I do think there will be something somewhat new shown at the Lucca panel, but who knows what that will be? Maybe just new real time gameplay of pieces we’ve already seen like the TGS panel.

Maybe they want to save the last two Disney worlds for Jump Festa to have a really big showing there right before release? It’d be pretty awesome to get two trailers there, each featuring a new Disney and original world. Then a final launch trailer in January.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It is a five day event so I guess they can drop news anytime between Friday and Tuesday.

If they reveal the final Disney worlds at Jump Festa as Zip mentioned it's no big deal. We are at the three month mark and December will be here before we know it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i get it if the last worlds at jump festa but i think it stupid and not take adavege of event like paris game sor game award show to show something espically the game award show to show something to the gerneral public

in all hisnelty jump festa traier should the final trailer ak the big story trailer

kingsoraful

Awards
If something is coming it won't just drop out of the sky. Something will be announced for PGW. Like is there any day right now sceduled where anything KH can potentially drop.

If not I think we'll have to wait till the panel on Nov 2nd.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
How was the opening for 0.2 presented? Was there some kind of showcase that it premiered in during that PGW?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I mentioned this earlier but if not a world reveal a confirmation on how many Disney and original worlds there will be would be nice.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
How was the opening for 0.2 presented? Was there some kind of showcase that it premiered in during that PGW?
no it just showed up and people find about during perscrope becuase sora form ddd was introduce into to woff

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From memory it wasn’t a part of any presentation. Square Enix just released it when Paris Games Week began.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
From memory it wasn’t a part of any presentation. Square Enix just released it when Paris Games Week began.

Well if so, that makes my outlook a bit more positive. If there’s precedent for something dropping at PGW without warning, the same might happen again.

I think the timing is right for a content drop like that. In particular, if there’s a world reveal that may not necessarily be as hype-worthy to the general public as ones like Frozen and BH6, it may be to their benefit to not hype up the trailer beforehand. That way expectations for the trailer aren’t set and the surprise element will fuel the hype.

With that in mind, my dream scenario for PGW would be a new trailer featuring a world based on a 2D Disney film, preferably Princess and the Frog, and a new original world. Plus, a bit of Face My Fears. If something like that dropped essentially out of the blue, I’d be ecstatic. But for my sanity, I’m keeping myself prepared to not get anything for a little while longer.

kingsoraful

Awards

It leaked, there was a literal trailer on the streets that showed the opening from what I recall. And people recorded it on their phones then it was released online a couple hours later.

But here is the thing I'm not sure we're getting the opening. Not when there's still more Disney Worlds to be revealed.

Plus lets also recall that aside from the opening BBS Fragmentary Passage did not really have that many hype points so that's why they showed the opening 2 months before the games release.

But Utada's opening song won't even be available till the week of release of KH3 so I'm not sure it'll be released during PGW.

My prediction is PATF is revealed this month or during the panel in Novembber and The Jungle Book is revealed in December.

Is there gonna be any panel at PGW where a trailer or info can drop? Like a Sony/Microsoft press conference or something?

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
there no confernce at paris games week doesnt menan they can drop info or a trailer just like that besides ireally though the panel on november 3 will have anthing new

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It leaked, there was a literal trailer on the streets that showed the opening from what I recall. And people recorded it on their phones then it was released online a couple hours later.

But here is the thing I'm not sure we're getting the opening. Not when there's still more Disney Worlds to be revealed.

Plus lets also recall that aside from the opening BBS Fragmentary Passage did not really have that many hype points so that's why they showed the opening 2 months before the games release.

But Utada's opening song won't even be available till the week of release of KH3 so I'm not sure it'll be released during PGW.

My prediction is PATF is revealed this month or during the panel in Novembber and The Jungle Book is revealed in December.

Is there gonna be any panel at PGW where a trailer or info can drop? Like a Sony/Microsoft press conference or something?

It doesn’t necessarily have to be the opening this time. It’s just that there is a precedent for new content being dropped without notice at this particular event, the same time frame away from a game’s release. I don’t believe there are any events or showcases for Sony, Xbox, or SE scheduled. But Square Enix can easily drop something on social media and then play that at their booth during the event. I’d love to see something like the old Roy Conli reveals where there’s a pre-recorded message that segues into the trailer. Give me Keith David introducing Princess and the Frog. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back