• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Expanded Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Dengeki have posted their recent interview with Tetsuya Nomura online, containing several new questions that weren't included in the magazine publication.

Thanks to Zephyr, you can read translations below:

- As I played KH0.2, I didn’t expect to have such a hard time because of the Shadows (laughs).

Nomura: Influence from the Realm of Darkness have caused Shadows to become much more powerful. In the E3 demo, you could fight a boss made up of a cluster of Shadows. Thanks to the specs of the current engine, we were able to create this boss while animating so many enemies.

- Character decorations have been introduced to the series as a novelty element.

Nomura: Due to the limited volume, we tried to think of something fun to play with and the staff devised it in a rush. You can change the appearance of the character, so please collect many of the items and customize your own Aqua.

- Will decoration elements be introduced in KHIII?

Nomura: Although we knew we could put it in this game, putting it in KHIII would depend on the timeframe as other things are of higher priority. We'll keep an eye on the reactions for customization in 0.2.

- The encounter between Aqua and the King, as well as their joint combat, have been revealed.

Nomura: I think many fans had begun to realize that Aqua and the King do meet in the Realm of Darkness. Because Aqua is alone until she meets the King, it was really difficult to write the scenario dialogue. Once the King appears, writing conversations between the two proved easier.

- In 0.2, there are scenes of Riku and the King with new outfits, so I’m looking forward to the announcement for KHIII.

Nomura: All costume designs have been finished and I feel very confident about them. It is based on the costume Riku wore in the KHX 3rd anniversary illustration.

- The light tone from Master of Masters stands out and there's an eeriness as you can't read his motives.

Nomura: I thought it would be cool if a character like that could think deeply and scheme, and I wondered if it would be easy to understand. After thinking about it, the idea for this "tremendously great guy" materialized inside of me, and that became the Master. 

I’m sure he’s an amazing person, and will behave in such a way.

- I think the voice acting from Tomokazu Sugita reflects the personality of the Master quite well.

Nomura: I had difficulty during the casting. Since I decided to have a master figure, I searched for someone who could play such a role.

I thought about how the conversations would be executed and Mr. Sugita was the most qualified. The recordings were done individually for each voice actor, but the conversations feel as though they weren't.

- Little by little, we're getting to see Ephemer. Will his role be more important?

Nomura: Ephemer and Skuld are becoming considerably more important in the second season of KH Unchained X. Although the story of KHX (PC) has concluded, the story of Unchained Chi exists in another dimension. The relationship around that will be told in the second season, so please wait for the next report.

- For additional content in the HD version of Dream Drop Distance, three new Spirits were added.

Nomura: They are small but exciting additions. Catanuki, Sudo Beat, and Yuagari Penguin have been chosen from our ideas. It's interesting to note that for Yuagari Penguin, there is no hot water (laughs).*

*Note: 'Yuagari' refers to a warm bath at the end of a long day. The joke is that the Penguin's bathwater is not hot at all.

- Over 50 spirits will appear in the game but what’s your favorite?

Nomura: Same as before, it must be Meow Wow. Every time I make a new enemy type I draw the first one as a base (Shadow for Heartless, Dusk for Nobody) but in the case of Dream Eaters, Meow Wow was the most memorable.

A while ago at Artnia (Square Enix Official Shop/Cafe), I found the original drawing of Meow Wow I drew at the time but it was clearly sketchy… I am surprised I made it so cute from there.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Nomura: I had a really amazing guy in me
tumblr_oj1betXeEG1ugvzu5o1_250.png

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
- We also had a close up on Ephemer little by little, will his role be more important?
Nomura: Ephemer and Skuld are becoming considerably important in the second season of KH Unchained Chi. Because the story of KHX was finished, KH Unchained Chi is the story that exists in another dimension. The relationship around that will be told in the second season so please wait for the next report.
I knew it. gib season two Nomura pls

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
In the event, there are scenes of Riku and the King in new outfits and I'm looking forward to the announcement of KHIII.
Nomura: All costume designs have already been finished and I feel confident about them. It is based on the costume Riku wore during the KH X 3rd anniversary illustration.</p>
Speaking of the 3rd anniversary illustration I can't believe I never shared the full-sized image here

Nomura: I had a “really amazing guy” in me

tumblr_inline_oicqfjoSY21tzeopo_540.gif

[X]

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Made corrections to the interview for grammar and shiz~

Edit: okay yeah i think i'm done now

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I honestly forgot the possibility for Mickey obtaining a new outfit. This interview reminded me. I had been wondering what those suitcases were for. xD

Awards
I really hope Donald and Goofy have new outfits as well. They deserve it just as much as Sora, Roku, and Mickey do. Especially since they'll obviously be getting more screen time in KH3 than the latter 2. I

stareyedprince

Nomura: All costume designs have been finished and I feel very confident about them. It is based on the costume Riku wore in the KHX 3rd anniversary illustration

Oh wow, I didn't think we'd get to see the new outfits this early. I figured that would be something for KH3 mostly because Sora was still gonna be in his KH2 outfit for a while but now I can't wait!!

namidawa

Wait, Riku had a new outfit in the trailer? Thought it was the one from DDD, unless that's his new outfit they're referring to.

So excited for that customization though, I hope it'll be popular enough to consider putting into KHIII :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, Riku had a new outfit in the trailer? Thought it was the one from DDD, unless that's his new outfit they're referring to.

So excited for that customization though, I hope it'll be popular enough to consider putting into KHIII :D

I think they may be referring to 0.2 as a whole. By now, Japanese press have all received review copies since 2.8 is releasing on the 12th for them.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Is the part about Mickey's outfit referring to the 0.2 bit or is an hint that he will too get a new one in KH III?
Also, Riku's outfit in 0.2, it seems? I'm curious.

Btw, for anyone participating in the IGN discussion earlier, this is precious.
I've seen at least 10 italian websites about this interview, and they only report the Riku outfit bit, shamelessly inflated with random new parts. They don't even mention the fact that custom in KH III isn't certain yet, and I assume that would also be interesting to report.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
so nomura showed us kairi and riku new outfits for kh3 in the third anniversay art what a clever person he is

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Donald and Goofy are always left out,Mickey always getting new duds.

Because they've been wearing the same outfits since KH1 i can't help but feel they haven't gotten any stronger since then.

SoraForeverKH

Wow! I can't believe it! I didn't know Riku and Mickey had new outfits in 2.8!now I'm really exciting now! Can't wait! I liked this but man, I've gotta be careful around spoilers. I'll have to type to stay away from YouTube completely for a couple weeks next month. That won't be easy banding myself from it. I for one like the outfits of Sora, Riku and Kairi we saw in that KHUX illustration. Hope the next one shows more of them!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Donald and Goofy are always left out,Mickey always getting new duds.

Because they've been wearing the same outfits since KH1 i can't help but feel they haven't gotten any stronger since then.

Yep. I love their current outfits but they should get some form of update.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Really looking forward to the Shadow boss now! Sounds like it'll be fun. Also the relationship between Chi and Unchained will be explained in part 2, nice!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Tbh, Donald and Goofy's KH outfits are still my favourite overall (I'd wear Goofy's).
More than new outfits or accessories, I'd like costumes. Like, their original Disney outfits, their Disney Castle getups, things like that.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Tbh, Donald and Goofy's KH outfits are still my favourite overall (I'd wear Goofy's).
More than new outfits or accessories, I'd like costumes. Like, their original Disney outfits, their Disney Castle getups, things like that.
Agreed, I feel like theirs are the most original aaand they really look nice. Kinda also like Mickey's KH2 duds but eh I digress

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i can't wait to see kairi and riku new outfits in unreal engine form

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back