• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Excuse My Language, But Let's Kick Some Asses Into Gear!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Ahahaha...Why am I still here? *ahem!* Focus, don't lose it, just jump in...

Okay then.

I hereby proclaim a challenge to whoever the hell wants it. Is it gonna go anywhere? Probably not. Doesn't mean I can't try. The premises is an old one, another remake, though with a different goal this time. Instead of just nilly willy do-whatever-the-hell-you-want type of thing, it's going to deliberately be made into teams with three goals:

1. Find the roses
  2. Remember what happened to you
  3. Get out

The RP in section is an original/not really original Final Fantasy-esque RP I once called War of the Roses. Pretty much it's White Versus Red, there are no good and bad guys and the goal is to pretty much figure out what's going on (omg YES! There actually IS a plot! For every rose of your color found, you'll progress the story) while trying to evade the other team. OR while trying to kill them. OR while trying to mingle and make peace. It's your story, you're the star. ;D There's a closed map and the roses are in different sections, meaning contact is inevitable, again what you want to do about it is entirely up to you.

Kinda like Slender gathering up the pages except for the fact that it's not a horror thing.

A little background, familiar to whoever did the last RP: With a vivid vision of the last thing you remember, you are given a 'class'--ranging anywhere from warriors to mages to summoners--and a weapon at your side. You are assigned a team and a Valkyrie to guide you. You are not alone, but the goal is set by the mysterious maiden: gather the roses.

The land is closed in, surrounded by tall mountains, deep rivers, and broken bridges, meaning there is no way out. Your only choice is to go and find the sacred roses that the Valkyries speak of. Be forewarned, for the opposing team is also searching for theirs. Is it a race? You could always defend the other team's rose, but that means one less person searching, and if you're approached by too many of the opposite team you're, well, screwed, right?

The 'roses' look very much like they should: colored a cloudy white or a blood red, except they shine with an illuminating dew that gives it an eerie aspect. Every time you or a teammate collects one, your memories are restored; why you're here, who is behind all this, the identities of the Valkyries guiding your path. Your memories are the key, because once you remember how you got here, that is the exact way to get out.

What exactly is the challenge? To find out what's going on. Should you fight a battle, there are consequences to losing, though nothing dire; you simply get K.O.'d, just like in Final Fantasy, and need to be revived. Reviving someone is simple; waddle on over to them and the Valkyrie will heal them back up to health. Talented mages also have the ability to do this, which is handy since the Valkyries may not come right away. Other challenge is to make this interesting; maybe instead of fighting you'll try to get to know the enemy. Maybe you'll want to sneak around them like the epic ninja you are. Maybe you don't give a damn and wanna go Leeroy Jenkins on them; that works too.

...Something like that. :D

[Inspired by Slender, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and some various DDR songs I played while thinking]

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Holy batman, balls, this sounds swell!

I love Amnesia, but never played Slender...

Either way, FF and Amnesia rolled into one? It's a crazy and oh so magical idea rolled into one.

My interest is beyond piqued. I'd like to see this turn into a real thing, and how the whole closed map aspect and locations of the roses... this really seems like a nice, in depth roleplay. I look forward to what this could potentially become.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
can i be the monstar

omg WHY YOU GOTTA SPOIL

I mean maybe perhaps so.

@ Smoofy - Think of it as a lighter Amnesia. Not as dark but mysterious with dark undertones and repeated WTF IS THIS. The ONLY reason I don't go full on Amnesia is 'cause I wanted something to distract everyone with. :3

So glad a few people popped in. Any questions/comments/concerns will be answered, it'll probably maybe be up on the weekend.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'm kind of interested, so I'll support this being a thing.

Yes, I know I was in the first incarnation of this. That's why I'm interested. Go Eva.

Sorry.

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Yeah, that's what I was guessing it would turn out to be. I'm thinking about movement and positioning that would cause players to give more thought and action to their movements like "If I went in here, will I be safe, will I be able to escape?" etc. etc. helping not only with writing, but further submerging the author into the psyche of their character.

I'm hoping that it'll be creepy as well as mysterious :3 This might be a roleplay that I only post in at night to get myself in that mind set.

Mmmmeeeerrrrrr I'm excited :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back