• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Exclusive: KHInsider Interviews Tetsuya Nomura - Part 2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Let's just say that we had like 20-30 questions for him and we were only allowed a small fraction of them.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I mean, Ni no Kuni was released here with dual language support, with the only caveat being that once you picked a language you had to stick with it for the whole game.

Anyway, this interview has convinced me that only fans should even bother to interview Nomura. He had no escape.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nomura: On one hand, technological tests have proven that we are capable of making an HD version of the game, but on the other hand, I also feel that it may not be as appealing (compared to KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX) if we release KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] on its own. We are still trying to determine what would be the best course of action.
This answer will be the death of me. God damn it Nomura.

1) With the technological tests proving they can do a game, was it just viewing some renders in HD (such as Tron Legacy and Musketeer's?) or did they try gameplay as well and proven it can work.
2) Obviously because doing the test meant there was an end platform in mind, which one would it be.
3) Apart from putting Chi or BBSv.2 with DDD, there's nothing to stick with it. I'm a bit wary of putting Chi onto a console disk and seeing how that would go, and BBSv.2 would need to be made from the ground up, what could possibly go with it to justify a release.
3) WHY NOT JUST RELEASE IT BY ITSELF ON PS4 AND XBOX ONE NOMURA YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WANT IT.

The only thing giving me comfort right now is they said they did HD tests on Type-0 soon after it's original PSP release and look at it now. Coming to PS4 and Xbox One with a FFXV demo.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Good interview. You asked some hard hitting questions.

---What was the inspiration of creating a villain like Master Xehanort?

Nomura: I wanted this character to be not like a monster, but more like a master of martial arts who has trimmed away anything unnecessary. A being that would represent darkness, and a sense of terror exuding from his silent demeanor. One who wants to negate Sora -- that is the root of my inspiration.

This confused me. What does he mean by this?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Good interview. You asked some hard hitting questions.

This confused me. What does he mean by this?

I guess you could say that Xehanort has no earthly tethers. He cares for nothing and therefore has nothing to lose. He's willing to do whatever it takes, no matter what the costs, to achieve his goals.

Compare that to Sora, who cares about everyone and everything and who would do anything to protect them. They are exact opposites.

To give credit where credit is due, Churro asked that question, as well as the one about the hint in the 2.5 credits and the favorite Org. XIII battle.

Whereas I asked about KH3D HD, the Book of Prophecies and dual-audio.

Heartkeeper

Awards
The second part was great, I bet Nomura was thinking: "damn this guys know their stuff!". Great job guys.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The second part was great, I bet Nomura was thinking: "damn this guys know their stuff!". Great job guys.

Now he knows that we're all keeping an eye out everywhere for everything! Nothing slips past us! :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Now he knows that we're all keeping an eye out everywhere for everything! Nothing slips past us! :D
It's what scares me about KHInsider. No other website notices the stuff our members do. If anything happens anywhere, it's noticed by someone on here.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
More great questions! I'm glad you asked these. It's nice to show Nomura and team what questions are on the minds of us western fans.

It seems kind of strange to have dual audio for the Japanese version but not the US version. Can't really just blame capacity for that one.

Nomura: I wanted this character to be not like a monster, but more like a master of martial arts who has trimmed away anything unnecessary. A being that would represent darkness, and a sense of terror exuding from his silent demeanor. One who wants to negate Sora -- that is the root of my inspiration.

I really liked this question and answer. Master Xehanort really is the opposite of Sora. I can't wait to see Sora meet and interact with him.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Whereas I asked about KH3D HD, the Book of Prophecies and dual-audio.
And you're my personal heroine for doing so.
When reading the interviews with Nomura by professional magazines and huge gaming websites the questions are often trivial at best, nothing scrapes the surface. I know I can't expect every interview to be as exciting as in the Ultimanias or that Nomura even answers questions that drift into spoiler-ish territory but I am glad at least the fans could ask some really interesting things. Keep up the good work.:biggrin:

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Great question asking about the inspiration for Xehanort, one of the things that make great game's stories successful is how good the primary antagonist is. If that was what Nomura wanted Xehanort to be, he hit the nail on the head. However, Nomura did forget to mention he wanted Xehanort to be brilliant enough to do this

just-die-xehanort_o_681127.jpg

Throw in the rest of New Org. XIII and Xehanort will be in more forms than you can count on your hands lol! That's got to be my favorite part about him, someone so smart and calculating that he could predict losing or having his plans foiled in all those games and still have the upper hand coming into KH3!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree that the second part is more interesting than the first. Shame you were limited to a small number of questions.

I can understand that'd it'd take up a lot of data having the game render both English and Japanese cutscene data...considering a game like KH3 is going to install onto the HDD and the only limit that should be anticipated is the minimum HDD size that PS4/XB1s come with.

And say KH3D was a solo game, it'd have more than enough space left for dual audio.

The lip-sync excuse is just that, an excuse. Wasn't the JP 2.5 English version lip-synced already?

The Japanese voice track (lip-sync + audio) for Lightning Returns is 4,7GB. Most of it is audio data which is already included in the ReMIXes - no space issues there. Plus, both ReMIXes clock at around 20GBs, they still have plenty of room left, especially if they went to 50GB-discs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree that the second part is more interesting than the first. Shame you were limited to a small number of questions.

The lip-sync excuse is just that, an excuse. Wasn't the JP 2.5 English version lip-synced already?

The Japanese voice track (lip-sync + audio) for Lightning Returns is 4,7GB. Most of it is audio data which is already included in the ReMIXes - no space issues there. Plus, both ReMIXes clock at around 20GBs, they still have plenty of room left, especially if they went to 50GB-discs.

Yes, it was in 2.5.

It was more of Nomura's way of not committing to something that probably hasn't been discussed. I'm glad we brought it up to him so the thought is there. It is clearly desired by fans after DoD3, LRFF, Type-0 HD, and fans want it for FFXV. KH3 having it would be the next logical step. It not only adds a new experience to replaying the game a second time since we all probably will do a second playthrough, it also allows fans the choice to choose between what language they might be more familiar/comfortable with.

Here's the GIF for staff members who interviewed Tetsuya Nomura. ;P

giphy.gif

I'm laughing and crying

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
On the subject of voice acting, I prefer the English cast for the Disney characters, but I find the Japanese cast for the original characters to be much better.

Cloud's English voice actor is very good, too.

WanPisu

Awards
On the subject of voice acting, I prefer the English cast for the Disney characters, but I find the Japanese cast for the original characters to be much better.

This is pretty much how I feel about that. I really do wish for dual audio in KH..and any other japanese franchise.

Very interesting stuff in Part 2, if only there were more questions :(

Gram

Banned
Awards

Boy did he get it right in that regard. Geezornort is creepy as fuck.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
You know, since KH3D was the only one not to get a remaster, I still hope that it will one day get one along with a release with BBSV2 (I guess they could call it 0.5?). Or bundle it with a playable version of Days and Coded. Either one works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back