• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Exclusive: KHInsider Interviews Tetsuya Nomura - Part 2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZombieTommy

My big idea for the possible release of KH:3D would be to do something similar to what they did with 1.5 and 2.5. He said the technology was there for them to make a re-master of 3D, so with that in mind, I would assume and hope that the DS games are able to be remastered as well, right? What if they did a combo-disc like they did with 1.5 and 2.5, but with the 3 other portable games remastered for PS3 or PS4? Or both? All three of the Nintendo console games: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days remastered, Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded remastered, and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, all remastered for full playability. That would be a great alternative to just releasing KH:3D by itself remastered.

Davidsawr

My big idea for the possible release of KH:3D would be to do something similar to what they did with 1.5 and 2.5. He said the technology was there for them to make a re-master of 3D, so with that in mind, I would assume and hope that the DS games are able to be remastered as well, right? What if they did a combo-disc like they did with 1.5 and 2.5, but with the 3 other portable games remastered for PS3 or PS4? Or both? All three of the Nintendo console games: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days remastered, Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded remastered, and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, all remastered for full playability. That would be a great alternative to just releasing KH:3D by itself remastered.

That sounds awesome but it would require ALOT of work for square. It would prob be released on the ps4 even if they did that

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What has been said in the past by Nomura and Yasue is that it would take too much time to remaster Days and Re:coded into full games. The models are very low res, so it is like making completely brand new games. Essentially that is time and resources that could be spent on KH3.

The difference with KH3D is that the game seems to be made from the same engine that BBS was made with, which should mean it is an easier feat to upscale and remaster. Nothing would need to be recreated. The graphics themselves seem to be on par with/likely better than BBS or any PS2 KH game but sadly the 3DS doesn't show off the quality of the assets well.

So I wouldn't expect them to remake those games just to have a bundle for a console.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I wonder if in the future (after KH3) if they might end up making full versions of 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for PS4 (or PS6, whenever they might get around to it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back