• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Excessive Masturbation=Harmful

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Women do it less regularly, but no cancerous problems there, just stress relief and the psychological help.

Masamune

Big Boss
Bringing another point..

can you stop once you have developed the habit of Masturbation???

Awards
I don't find masturbation evil. But of course, you had to pick the other one, instead of assuming the obvious choice.

Then allow me to rephrase myself: would you judge it proper for a priest, men bound to a life of servitude to a supposedly divine being and assumed to show at least a fleeting amount of decorum, to masturbate?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
can you stop once you have developed the habit of Masturbation???

Technically, yes, but it will be troublesome and unhealthy, and there's no reason to stop.

Then allow me to rephrase myself: would you judge it proper for a priest, men bound to a life of servitude to a supposedly divine being and assumed to show at least a fleeting amount of decorum, to masturbate?

Yes. Why not? They're not sinning.

So is there anything bad?? because it is kind of helping us both, men and women...

Sigh, no, there isn't anything bad about it.

Masamune

Big Boss
Sigh, no, there isn't anything bad about it.

so there is no point of this thread then.. because whoever started it said its harmful which is wrong...

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Not really. This thread is against *excessive masturbation*, like 10 times a day every day. *That* can be harmful, like excessive eating, or excessive reading.

Awards
Yes. Why not? They're not sinning.

But they are 'God's chosen followers'. They are supposed to remain free of corruption and refrain from any sins of the flesh. By logic, masturbation comes across as a sin of the flesh, which would corrupt their souls and so forth. Therefore, it would also be logical to assume that, among priests, masturbation would be condemned as submitting to the will of Satan and all that jazz.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
By logic? It would be logical? Why? Where in the Bible does it say masturbation is obviously sinning?

Masamune

Big Boss
But they are 'God's chosen followers'. They are supposed to remain free of corruption and refrain from any sins of the flesh. By logic, masturbation comes across as a sin of the flesh, which would corrupt their souls and so forth. Therefore, it would also be logical to assume that, among priests, masturbation would be condemned as submitting to the will of Satan and all that jazz.

well you make good point.. these people are suppose to set examples for other people..

and atleast in my opinion Masturbation is not a very good example to show...

thats what i think... so dont start flaming..

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
We know that's what you think, Riku. The question is "why"?

Awards
By logic? It would be logical? Why? Where in the Bible does it say masturbation is obviously sinning?

You seem to believe that all thoughts of morals must be contained within the Bible which I believe to be, quite frankly, absurd. If such were the case, the Christian church would remain incapable of evolving with the world around it and, in turn, would fade.
Simply because the Bible doesn't tell us God's gender or, as in this case, if it is proper for clergymen to masturbate does not mean that conceptions concerning the beliefs cannot be founded, and because the Bible does not specify on a subject or run it through with a fine tooth comb does not mean room for interpretations canot be made. The Bible is merely the source of Christian faith, whereas you seem to regard it as the answer to every question that could ever be put to God.
Besides, no mention of Christian priests is made in the Bible, nor of a Pope. You refuse to allow a religion to adapt from it's beginnings, which seems to me somewhat unjust.

However, we have not come here to indulge in theology, and I have digressed enough for now. The point is that just because a Christian belief has not been set in stone does not mean it holds no value it the eyes of their God.
As they are so apt to saying, you need faith for otherwise, the actions of the devout will never make sense to you.

Masamune

Big Boss
We know that's what you think, Riku. The question is "why"?

Well i know it has alot of advantages but if you think of it would people go around showing other people how to Masturbate.. its just wrong and in my religion it is condemned..

TwilightSora

I'm back? Maybe.
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
You seem to believe that all thoughts of morals must be contained within the Bible which I believe to be, quite frankly, absurd. If such were the case, the Christian church would remain incapable of evolving with the world around it and, in turn, would fade.
Simply because the Bible doesn't tell us God's gender or, as in this case, if it is proper for clergymen to masturbate does not mean that conceptions concerning the beliefs cannot be founded, and because the Bible does not specify on a subject or run it through with a fine tooth comb does not mean room for interpretations canot be made. The Bible is merely the source of Christian faith, whereas you seem to regard it as the answer to every question that could ever be put to God.
Besides, no mention of Christian priests is made in the Bible, nor of a Pope. You refuse to allow a religion to adapt from it's beginnings, which seems to me somewhat unjust.

However, we have not come here to indulge in theology, and I have digressed enough for now. The point is that just because a Christian belief has not been set in stone does not mean it holds no value it the eyes of their God.
As they are so apt to saying, you need faith for otherwise, the actions of the devout will never make sense to you.

The Christian church hasn't officially come out and said "masturbation is evil". I can ask several Christian's whether or no they believe it's evil and they will blatantly disagree. You seem to be using your own idea of the bible to make this claim that masturbation is a "sin of the flesh". We however, Christian or not, share a different opinion.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

Quite right. So, since we're not using the Bible, why is masturbation evil logically, then?

Well i know it has alot of advantages but if you think of it would people go around showing other people how to Masturbate.. its just wrong and in my religion it is condemned..

Nor do you see married people having sex on the sidewalk, yet the Bible promotes sex in marriage.

What religion are you? You're not christian, since the Bible never speaks of masturbation.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Here is an easy way to solve all the questions. Look it up on wikipedia. It states that it can be bad, but is not eveil. Depending on your religion and beliefs, that is how it pretains to each individual person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back