• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Excel Saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
It seems I always post the not mostly known animes...oh well.. ^-^
-------
This anime is about the secret organization of ACROSS trying to take over the large city of F in Japan.The anime is named after the main character Excel, who is the complete opposite of what her name means. It tells the story of ACROSS's quest to take over the city of F and then possibly the world, while putting in random things, and continuous puns, rather suprisingly.
-------
Anyways, Excel Saga is a pretty goofy anime
While having a plot, which actually gets serious near the end,
it seems to be completely random, stupid, and of course, hilarious
-------
It even goes farther than FLCL with the random acts with jokes and puns on the genre of anime.
I found it extremely hilarious, how Excel constantly drools over Lord Illpalazzo, and General Hyatt was funny, always randomly dying or coughing up blood.
If you like the randomness of Fooly Cooly, I highly recommened watching or reading Excel Saga(though I laughed more watching it.)

If you happen to know of it, post your thoughts please!!

thanks
s-k

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
When it comes to Excel Saga, I am... ambivalent.

Frankly, it sucks. It is horrible.
Then, on the other hand...
It is good.

The problem is the the author of the manga, Koshi Rikudo, does not know what if funny and what is not. Manga and animé are all about characters, and the characters in Excel Saga are stereotypes (the exception perhaps being Hyatt, and animé-exclusive Pedro). Koshi Rikudo thinks they are fun because they are stereotypes.

They are not.

The sheer amount of wasted potential in Excel Saga makes me want to cry- you catch a glimpse of what it could have been in episodes 24 and 25, where it parodies Hokuto no Ken, but rarely anywhere else.

Rincewind

Excel Saga can be blamed for moving me up from a stage 2 anime fan to a stage 3. I had to watch a wider variety of anime than a stage 2 does just to get the parodies. The series is proof that insanity is related to genius. There's a healthy dose of both in ES.

P

PIG.

I don't watch the anime, but I do collect the manga! *waits eagerly for ES vol. 14 to come out*

Any day now...

Elgala should've been in the anime, she was cool. (clueless by day, drunkard by night! DOGGIE TAPAS!)

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I saw the first couple of episodes, but I didn't really like it so I didn't continue to watch it ^^; (I'm not a big fan of comedy XD; )

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
[I didn't think I'd even get a response out of this!! <3]

PIG. You are my new bestest friend
I <3 Nabeshin!!!

It's funneh how he pulls guns out of his afro <3 Menchie cracks me up also, cuz Excel is always trying ot eat him. Heh life sucks for Menchie, but he's cute <3

Thanks for teh responses!!

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
Menchi will always live, he never died, which was weird because Excel was always showing off that he was emergency food and how she was going to eat him.

Well, this anime was great in many ways, but some episodes bored the hell out of me. I got some of the parodies, especially how they copied Dragon Ball Z.

Instead of Kame Hame Ha they went: Nabe Nabe Haaaaaaaa!

And Puni Puni Poemy was a spinoff of the show, and they mentioned it.

Overall this anime was okay and great in some ways.

Deadlock

Website
www.myspace.com
Ug, Excel Saga... bugs me. It's funny, but it's so random, and realy quite stupid. I like my anime to have a straight-foward plot, but hey, that's just me. Fooly Cooly is better IMO..

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
In Excel Saga I liked the theme song and the dog menchi(mince) who was about to be eaten by Excel, Hayate how ends up on the floor in a pool of blood and Lord Ilpalazo who always makes Excel fall into a pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back