• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything We Know About XIV/Xion So Far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

This actually only took a few minutes... It was kind of a copy and past ordeal =P

yugi300

Good job RK people look to you as the KH organiser/helper. I can't wait to see
the ?Thread!~.

DarkSoldier85

-claps hands-
All right! Fight, fight fight! I love these threads cuz they are soooo useful. Thank you so much for all of your work.

REP for you!!!!!

Sexy Angel
Aqain?!?!?

Dude, nice going.

You should make a new thread about "everything we know about Aqua, Terra, and Ven
:p

rikus_dawn

Dang you practily listed everything about the new games oh yeah and maybe Xion is pronounced like the Xion in Zexion

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm pretty sure the name is supposed to be pronounced exactly the same way it's pronounced in japanese. To my knowledge, the way japanese spell words is the way they pronounce them, 100% of the time. For instance, Xemnas' name is written as ゼムナス (Zemunasu). Generally, when dealing with "zi" sounds, japanese use "ji" as an approximate.

Xion's name is written as シオン (Shion). So, if her name was really supposed to be pronounced "Zion", it would be spelled as ジオン(Jion). Oh, and if it was supposed to be pronounced as "Zaion/Zeyeon", it would be spelled like so: ザイオン .

It's the same case with Xigbar, his name is written as シグバール (Shigubaaru). With that knowledge in hand, I think we can be sure the pronounciation is "Shion", though the way her name will be spelled is at this point up for debate, it could be Shion, Xion, Xeon, Xeean, etc. But erm, this is just my two cents. I think bittermeat would know more then I do, so if I have anything wrong I think she'll let me/us know. I guess it's a bit irrelevant anyhow, you can all pronounce it however you want.

Last edited:

Mikazuki

Ok, after seeing a few posts on people who still have trouble with Xion's name, I thought I'd do this...

YouTube - new scene organization XIII ("the new headquarters")

^ ^ Listen to the beginning part where Vexen is calling Zexion's name. Zexion actually has the 14th member's name in his name, so that's exactly how it should be pronounce. It is, in fact, a "She-on." It might later be differently pronounced for American's, but for the Japanese, it is, as we were told several times, a "She-on" pronunciation.

Also, are there no new pics yet? I went to bed and expected at least a picture or two of Xion and her Keyblade with her hood off. T.T

KCDjedi

I'm pretty sure the name is supposed to be pronounced exactly the same way it's pronounced in japanese. To my knowledge, the way japanese spell words is the way they pronounce them, 100% of the time. For instance, Xemnas' name is written as

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Impressive as ever R-K major grats! Still waiting on that ? Thread!

Mr. Creative

Damn R-K awsome job on ths thread u rrly do a good job on these. nd i 2 kinda wonder wat da new keyblade will look lik, i get da feelin it will be da keyblade riku gave 2 kari @ da end of da game in Kh2 but thts jus me not tryin 2 start a rumor

Mikazuki

^ ^ I'm expecting something looking like Aqua's. I don't know why. I think it might just be the colors though. I can picture her's just being a purple and blue mixture...But that's as descriptive that I get. :p Can't say much more.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
I'm pretty sure the name is supposed to be pronounced exactly the same way it's pronounced in japanese. To my knowledge, the way japanese spell words is the way they pronounce them, 100% of the time. For instance, Xemnas' name is written as ゼムナス (Zemunasu). Generally, when dealing with "zi" sounds, japanese use "ji" as an approximate.

Xion's name is written as シオン (Shion). So, if her name was really supposed to be pronounced "Zion", it would be spelled as ジオン(Jion). Oh, and if it was supposed to be pronounced as "Zaion/Zeyeon", it would be spelled like so: ザイオン .

It's the same case with Xigbar, his name is written as シグバール (Shigubaaru). With that knowledge in hand, I think we can be sure the name is spelled Xion and the pronounciation is "Shion". But erm, this is just my two cents. I think bittermeat would know more then I do, so if I have anything wrong I think she'll let me/us know. I guess it's a bit irrelevant anyhow, you can all pronounce it however you want.

He's exactly right, puts it better than I could have. When I first reported about her, I called her Shion, because that's the way her name is written. But not all names are spelled the way they are written like HD demonstrated. So to make sense of her place in the Organization, I chose to spell it with an x as in Xion. It could be Xeon, etc, the pronunciation is still "she-on".

Mikazuki

So. What I wanna know so I can sleep better at night is exactly how much we know about her possible relation to Kairi/Namine beyond going to visit Namine and having her seiyuu.

Are you sure you want to know? It could lead you to believe she's even more closely related to Kairi, hence you might jump into a river. :p

He's exactly right, puts it better than I could have. When I first reported about her, I called her Shion, because that's the way her name is written. But not all names are spelled the way they are written like HD demonstrated. So to make sense of her place in the Organization, I chose to spell it with an x as in Xion. It could be Xeon, etc, the pronunciation is still "she-on".

Well with Xigbar as an example, I can only imagine that her name's pronounciation will be something more like "Zee-on." That would definitely make people settle down and put down the Xion-name-flaming-guns. ^_^

Oh, and a better example, just say Zexion's name in English. Just take out the "Ze" and you have how her name will be pronounced, which, as I said, is a "Zee-on" sound. I gotta say that since her name is already part of Zexion's, I'm disappointed at the originality. T.T I mean, anything could have been better than Xion. It's just that fact that it's in another member's full name that's bothering me really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back