• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything We Know About XIV/Xion So Far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyMaker

The fact is Xion would be pronounced Shion in japanese seeing as there isn't actually the letter X in the japanese language just like there is no letter L. so it's said(Zee-on) its said (Shi-on) get it Xion equals Shion. I've looked over some of the scans untranslated and studied it a bit, with what I do know there isn't a doubt in my mind that I am right.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The fact is Xion would be pronounced Shion in japanese seeing as there isn't actually the letter X in the japanese language just like there is no letter L. so it's said(Zee-on) its said (Shi-on) get it Xion equals Shion. I've looked over some of the scans untranslated and studied it a bit, with what I do know there isn't a doubt in my mind that I am right.

I'm not sure if I got this exactly right, your wording confused me a bit, so forgive me if I'm mistaken.

Well, the way the japanese language works is they write everything as it's meant to be pronounced. For example, Xaldin is written as "Zarudin" in japanese.

What you said isn't really true though; as I explained in the first page, since there is no "zee" sound in the japanese language, "ji" is used as an approximate. If her name was really meant to be pronounced as "Zee-on", her name would be written as "Jion" in japanese. It's not. So we can safely assume her name isn't meant to be pronounced as "Zee-on" in the english language, though they might alter it in localization that and make it "Zee-on" anyway. The actual spelling of the name is up for debate though, it could be Shion, could be Xeon, Xion, each is technically just as valid, though IMO it makes more sense that there be an "x" in her name (though perhaps not, as she appears to be an exception, having no pillar/chair in the meeting room or grave in the Proof of Existence). I should point out this is the case with Xigbar's name as well, it's written as "Shigubaaru (Shig-bar)" instead of "Jigubaaru (Zig-bar).

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Well, the way bittermeat explained it is with Zexion. In Japanese, it's like:
Zekushion. So, Shion might equal Xion.

C

Colours

Well, the way bittermeat explained it is with Zexion. In Japanese, it's like:
Zekushion. So, Shion might equal Xion.
Shion is Xion, Namine just said another name of hers.

Lmao, I was thinking the same thing,though Zee-on sounds abit dull.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Wait, nvm, my mind wonders sometimes lol.
Not getting much sleep -_-

C

Colours

There isn't "Another" name, that's what people are trying to tell you. It's a different spelling for the same thing, both of which are possible until we'll get the official spelling.

Well, IDK, I thought it was the same since alot of rumors saying, it's this and that, it's both.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, IDK, I thought it was the same since alot of rumors saying, it's this and that, it's both.

Until they'll start flashing numerous Japanese ways to spell it, any English spelling save for the official one don't mean squat. There's one way to spell it correctly, no one knows it yet save for maybe Nomura.

A

Audo

lol.
I don't get what prompted that though, which is why i'm a bit confused.
I mean, i didn't say anything cocky or anything v________v

Sexy Angel
I think he's refering to your coffee/staying up late ability to make threads like these. lol.

A

Audo

=/
I don't see how that makes me have a big ego... I'll i'm doing is helping people O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back