• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything We Know About Coded | KH Mobile So Far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Kris, I love your unnatural hate for the PSP.

It's refreshing. If that makes ANY lick of sense.

In all honesty, I'd prefer Coded on the DS before the PSP. :<

Ren

adios motherfucker

You're so prejudiced. :<
You are absolutely not a normal KH fan.

Kris, I love your unnatural hate for the PSP.

It's refreshing. If that makes ANY lick of sense.

In all honesty, I'd prefer Coded on the DS before the PSP. :<

This. All parts of it.
I do not enjoy your infectious hate for FF, though, Kris. I don't think I've touched a single one ever since I joined the forums.

I think I would enjoy KH Mobile more than I should. It's all so cute. @_@;

Cissy

Bronze Member
I found it hilarious that Sora was at a carnival-thing with Maleificent.

Just...ha.

Fun stuff.

Ren

adios motherfucker
It screams pedo!

Seriously, does anyone agree with me that KHM looks too adorable for its own good? :<

A

Audo

[size=+2]-CODED UPDATE-[/size]​

The main post has now been updated with an 'Interview Section'. I will be posting translated interviews after this point that will be linked to in the main post. I may have to double post to do this, but hopefully you can all understand. :3
Also, I've added a more detailed trailer summary for the TGS 07 Impressions as well. xD

A

Audo

[size=+2]KINGDOM HEARTS: CODED[/size]
[size=+1]-Famitsu Interview: September 2007-[/size]

[size=-2](Translated by Xaldin of KH-Vids)
NOTE: KH-Vids do not have the best translations, please take all translations with a grain of salt.[/size]​

---The Screen is Horizontal, even though the game is for the cellphone, why is this?
Nomura: This is not just the length screen but also a model screen specification for the most recent cellphones. It is what we assume the game to look like when it's released to the public. The method for the horizontal screen has already been talked about, it is a basic horizontal screen size.

---Is the screen in 3D incase or just giving that impression?
Nomura: The Background is 3D, and the characters are 2D. The Development of this game is still in progress, and we plan to have the game both 3D, and 2D. The reason is so that we can have the game available to a range of cellphones. The reason we developed this idea, is because we wish to send this game overseas.

---What shape will the delivery form take?
Nomura: Unlike the situations in larger game development, we always thought the world of Kingdom Hearts could be made mobile. For instance, there is a huge amusement park, and the main attraction is KHc (Kingdom Hearts Coded). It can be like an entrance to an Amusement park, free of charge, allowing you to visit each world. That is the delivery plan of KHc. We plan on taking full advantage for the mobile phone.

---Will the storyline be based on Sora's adventures in Kingdom Hearts?
Nomura: The timeline is based on after Kingdom Hearts II, Jiminy's Journal is analyzed, and the adventure will take place in that. Therefore data of Sora will appear, not Sora. The world that was shown was a stage, though this was through the time of COM, and re:COM over the memory of Sora.

---What will this game be able to do?
Nomura: This is going to be a puzzle game, mixed with action. Data is being displayed, and there are some bugs in Jiminy's book. The area must be analyzed in order to find the bug that is violating the data, and then you need to remove the bug. However some may get a bit more confusing as there will be ladders Sora will use to get to higher areas.

---When do you think this game will be released?
Nomura: You may have to wait a while, as there are still some problems with the specs of cellphones for now.

---Will these works be connected with the "New" KH game?
Nomura: KHc features Sora, however the DS, and PSP both are completely different stories, though I cannot say what they are yet. I can say these titles are not the last of the series, and all three will connect to a New Kingdom Hearts Game sooner or later

A

Audo

[size=+1]-(2ch): October 2007-[/size]

[size=-2](Translated by Xaldin of KH-Vids)
NOTE: KH-Vids do not have the best translations, please take all translations with a grain of salt.[/size]​

---How will this continue after the KH2 Story?
Nomura: What Sora and Co. are doing in the 'real' world will not be shown. This is because the story continues in the Data world. There are many mysteries that will be answered in this game, and there may be key points that will be important to the future of the series. The phone that this game will come out on, is not released yet. But this means when it is released, there will be many possibilities with this game in the future.

A

Audo

[size=+1]-Famitsu Interview: October 2007-[/size]

[size=-2](Translated by bittermeats)[/size]​

---This time there is high quality graphics, but do you think it will be a success on the mobile phone?
Tabata: I don’t know yet, though it’s development specs are very close to Final Fantasy XIII Agito’s.

---About the game’s concept?
Nomura: It is not a concept limited to this game, but we wanted to create a fun playground. Though Tabata mentioned he wanted to make it like Disneyland. There are various attractions (contents), that’s the image of this game.
Tabata: The very beginning of it started late one night, Nomura was explaining the contents of the mobile phone on a white board and the idea arose.
Nomura: At that point, I wasn’t thinking about continuing the Kingdom Hearts series. But I had this concept… And it began from that sort of talk…
Tabata: That concept was really interesting. Though it’d take great effort, we said let’s do it with Kingdom Hearts, so it came to be.
Nomura: This title will be distributed in a format that will spread the story, but we’re thinking of various components that will adapt to these circumstances. Like with Before Crisis -FFVII- and Monotone, various battle systems and episodes were implemented. Incorporating the know how gained from those games plus new experiments, I think this mobile game will be a compilation of these features.

---This game sounds like a great idea. As for the setting, is it taking place after Kingdom Hearts II?
Nomura: Yes. But because the stages of the story are made mainly of data from Jiminy’s Journal, Sora appears as he did in the first Kingdom Hearts. This Sora is not the genuine Sora, it is made out of data. Even so, it’s organic existence is not a matter of concern, the data version contains Sora’s memories of the adventures up to now and it will solve the truths of the past.

---So it seems with the sensation of a genuine Sora, we’ll be able to enjoy the adventures with the unchanged Sora. Will the story in the real world develop too?
Nomura: I think there might be some development in the real world. There is story hypothesizing, but how far it will spread from there depends on how much the fans play.

---In Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories we adventured around the worlds of the first Kingdom Hearts. If the story revolves around the worlds made of data that are created from the same adventures written in Jiminy’s Journal, how will this game greatly differ from it?
Nomura: It’s different from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories where the contents were reliving the worlds from Sora’s memories. This game tells a new side of the story in the data world that is eroded by bugs. By this process, the mysteries about where the King was and what Riku was doing during the Kingdom Hearts time frame is explained.

---Considering the lines “free them from their torment”, have the people being referred to appeared in the series before?
Nomura: As expected, I can’t answer that right now. An appearing enemies will be heartless made from data, but who could the real enemy be? Matching those parts together, I can’t say anymore about it yet.

---How will the battles be?
Tabata: The battles are characteristic of the Kingdom Hearts series, but I sense the button operations on the mobile phone will be simple. A new element will also be implemented. An example being Debugging Mode, it uses a system with a certain sense of trickery in order to exterminate the bugs.

---What kind of elements that make use of the communication functions were you thinking of?
Tabata: The intention is to be able to go back and forth in the worlds between players. For example, Player A eradicates the bugs in their world, and then even if they could not go ahead earlier, they can solve a problem from Player B’s world, and then return back to their world. This sort of system where people meet mutually is under development.

---The erosion of the bugs spreading day by day, is that the sort of image we’ll see?
Tabata: Perhaps it’ll be something like that. One of the concepts was to have it so the player could check once a day on the state of things.

---Please say any last statements.
Tabata: Out of the series, this game can be played very casually. I think the people experiencing Kingdom Hearts for the first time can enjoy it too.
Nomura: Including this title, the intention is to prepare a fun playground everyone can enjoy. I think it’ll be available a little earlier, so there’s always the opening day to look forward to.

Last edited:
A

Audo

[size=+1]-Famitsu PS3 Interview: August 2008-[/size]

---About the line, "their torment has been lessened"; whenever a mission is completed, does that wound heal?
Tabata: It's not as simple as that.
Nomura: When you advance to the next stage, a movie event is shown. I think the beginning of the latest trailer reflected it, the lines "A forbidden secret――" are connected to it. Though it is on the mobile phone, it's not to be taken lightly. The contents of it's story draw near to the conviction of the series.

---Are it's contents connected to the future of the Kingdom Hearts series?
Nomura: That's right. It's in a position similar to how Chain of Memories was. I think if you can play it, you'll recognize it draws upon the mysteries of the entire series.

---What kind of story will it become?
Nomura: "Their torment has been lessened" is the foundation of the story, and the "forbidden secret" is connected to it.

---Being made from the data of Jiminy's Journal, will it relive the first Kingdom Hearts?
Nomura: Even though it advances according to the story of Kingdom Hearts, the stages are different and each one slowly approaches the "forbidden secret". Why did someone leave a message in the Jiminy Journal? The story will solve this mystery.

---Is there a connection to 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep?
Nomura: Yes, they link in various ways.

---The arrow commands were revealed publicly, it seems the game could be played with only one hand?
Tabata: Now one can enjoy Kingdom Hearts quality gaming with the input buttons of their mobile phone, this will lead to other elements.
Nomura: Since the contents of mobile phone software has become outstanding, please anticipate this game.

A

Audo

[size=+1]-Dengeki PS Interview: August 2008-[/size]

---How is the development status of each of the KH titles?
Nomura: About the mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Coded, it's development is progressing steadily. It's being tuned for operations suitable for the mobile phone, it's easily held in one hand and invigorating to play.

---As for the scenarios, what kind of development is going on?
Nomura: Of the 3 titles, it is the only story taking place after Kingdom Hearts II, so in that way it becomes the most enigmatic of them. Will it feel close to Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories in that sense? Those who are familiar with the story will have a deeper understanding of the world of Kingdom Hearts.

In conjunction with Coded, Kingdom Hearts Mobile will begin this fall shortly. Content for it will be added on a regular basis. The portal site is intended to be something Kingdom Hearts fans won't want to miss.

A

Audo

[size=+1]-Dengeki Wii + DS Interview: September 2008-[/size]

――-KH Coded is the direct sequel of KHII, could you tells about it's highlights?
Nomura: The content of KH Coded is similar to that of KH Chain of Memories (COM below). Even for players who aren't aware of the previous story, everyone will be able to deepen their understanding
of the KH series. Therefore people who already fans of KH will really want to play this game by all means.

――-What kind of concrete development will it have?
Nomura: The story investigates the mystery message left inside Jiminy's Journal, so like in COM the characters travel through the past. But like the case of COM, a new drama following KH unfolds, those intervals will enter as original episodes. In the case of KH Coded, they visit the same Traverse Town but something is different. Why is that? Examining those kind of parts close up becomes the content of this game.

――-A very deep story seems to unfold.
Nomura: It's breadth is not so vast, but the inner part of the story becomes deep. At the private event last month the keywords "the forbidden secret" were compiled in the trailer, so generally speaking that becomes the image of this title.

――-In recent screenshots, depictions of arrows on the screen are shown, are these instructions for attacking?
Nomura: The arrows indicate the order of input for the direction keys. The system works by inputting the keys in order which results in a simple combo of attacks. Since it's operations are suited to work on the mobile phone, it becomes similar to ordinary mobile phone operations.

――-Will KH Coded also be released via mobile delivery format?
Nomura: That's right, but it won't be released in it's entirety. Because the KH series is based on moving through the worlds while advancing the story, I'm thinking that the new worlds for the title will be distributed gradually.

A

Audo

[size=+2]KINGDOM HEARTS: MOBILE[/size]
[size=+1]-Dengeki Wii + DS Interview: September 2008-[/size]

---Kingdom Hearts Mobile starts on the mobile phone, what kind of service will it be?
Nomura: The portal site for KH Mobile will be crammed with KH related information and items. You'll be able to look up information on the games of the KH series, mobile phone screensavers and ringtones will be available, the plan is to have this site contain everything related to KH so that it can easily be accessed on the mobile phone. But in order to keep it from being a dull general information site, users can create avatars. So when the user wants a new screensaver or ring tone, they take their avatar to the town shop and make a purchase (downloading it).

---Will users be able to change their avatars after they've made one?
Nomura: As for that, they'll be able to do it freely. (Smiles) Your avatar could have the face of Sora and body of Riku. With accessories and costumes, and customizing the face and hairstyle little by little, the users can create good variations. In order to do so they'll have to go to the town shop and purchase these things (download them).

---Other than the avatars, will site information and other buyable items be updated?
Nomura: It's intended to be updated regularly. As the number of buyable items increase, hopefully event items for every season will become available.

---Will contents of Kingdom Hearts Coded be available on KH Mobile?
Nomura: Well, KH Mobile will be the first out, so from it you'll be able to choose to play KH Coded.

---When does the service start?
Nomura: It's announced for this Fall, but the portal site is earnestly being developed so that is ready in time for Tokyo Game Show. There isn't a particular update yet, but it'll be an fun place people will want to play at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back