• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything We Know About Birth By Sleep | Unversed So Far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Re: Everything We Know About Birth By Sleep | Unbirths So Far

how are we sure this is a positive site?
i mean how do we know us AMERICANS know that we AMERICANS know about this?
example the game is taking place upon Japan....
so how could we possibly know? i mean from my eyes where did they get there info?

Hey Im only going by what I read. But if you want to try and find a more reliable source, good luck. Google Megumi Toyoguchi and Aqua see what you come up with.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

No, not yet.

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com

hos so?
i thought someone said she sounded like paine in the japanese language arts whatever.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

it seems like a pretty sensible cast for the game is what i mean. so in my opinion it seems accurate. sorry for not being specific.

soplox

I think Mickey's role in this game will be very interesting

rmyulfo

mickey will always be having a big role in kh.
he is the 1 that makes some things go in some directions.
what are the unbirths exactly something that master xenahort invented.

Charlie K

Back in Business

Do we have any details about the Demo's and Trailers for BBS at TGS, I want to know if it;s in the closed mega theather or not, and if the demo is the same as the earlier one of different...If you could fill me in. :D

A

Audo

It's always in a closed mega theater.
Trailers and Demos are always new.

PhoenixPs24:16

Aaaah this is good...this is much better. This really helps. There's even videos to look at. Superb Job(not that I could do ANYTHING like THIS AT ALL)!

Faris

Perfect Harmony

what are peoples opinions on yen sid in the game? will he have a big impact or one similar to KH II

Ren

adios motherfucker

I'd assume he'd have greater importance, as he's Mickey's master.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

so would I, but he didnt have much of a presence in KH II, and i can only assume he is still mickeys teacher then

A

Audo

[size=+2]-BIRTH BY SLEEP UPDATE-[/size]​

The main post has now been updated with an 'Interview Section'. I will be posting translated interviews after this point that will be linked to in the main post. I may have to double post to do this, but hopefully you can all understand. :3

A

Audo

[size=+2]KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP[/size]
[size=+1]-Famitsu Interview: September 2007-[/size]

[size=-2](Translated by Xaldin of KH-Vids)
NOTE: KH-Vids do not have the best translations, please take all translations with a grain of salt.[/size]​

---Can you tell us a bit about the development of Birth By Sleep?
Nomura: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is being worked on by the same team that created Re: Chain of Memories. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep's development had originally started before the development of re: CoM, but production was stopped to complete Re:CoM. At first it felt a bit weird starting the project again. I believe this project started before the other two of the Kingdom Hearts games, and I also believe it will be the last to hit the market.

---The game still relates to Birth By Sleep? [KH2: FM+'s secret ending]
Nomura: The secret ending is actually a scene from Birth By Sleep, therefore the title of the game is also the same. However, because it is difficult to express such a violent battle as playable content, the secret ending is an image of the end.

---How much talk was put into it, as it seems to be a game taking place in the past.
Nomura: This game goes the farthest back in the Kingdom Hearts timeline, about ten years before the original Kingdom Hearts. There is a screenshot of two children playing on the beach, and I believe the fans can understand what that means.

---In the story it's said that there are "Three Scenarios by Three Heroes". Is there a relation between each scenario?
Nomura: There are three Heroes: Terra, Ven, and another character in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. We have already prepared a story for each of them. Therefore, in a way you can say three games were made at the same time. (Laughs) It's difficult to zap through the explanation right now, as we are still creating all of the scenarios. However, the beginning will be a bit hard to understand, but by completing all three scenarios, the player will understand the entire story.

---Do the names of the three heroes represent something?
Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts, Sora meant Sky, Riku meant Land, and Kairi meant Sea. In this game, the three meanings make a large impact on the game.

---Do all of the scenarios take place at the same time?
Nomura: All of the scenarios do take place around the same time, however there are also some gaps between the timelines. Also there are times when all three heroes will meet.

---Is the playing order decided yet?
Nomura: I believe it would be better if we gave the players a freedom of choice. However this is still being talked about, but I believe it would be better to choose whoever you want out of the three.

---What is the importance of story?
Nomura: For example, the name Xehanort is bought up in Kingdom Hearts 2. The game will answer several things like, "Why is the elderly person who appears in Birth by Sleep bringing up the same name?" and ,"Why is he wearing the same clothes as Ansem in the original Kingdom Hearts?" Another thing I want to bring up, is ,"Ven has the same hairstyle, face, clothes, and voice of Roxas, but just who is he?

---Is the voice actor of Ven the same as Roxas?
Nomura: Yes, it is the same actor. Therefore the player will only look at Ven as Roxas from Kingdom Hearts 2.

However, are Roxas and Ven really the same character?

Moreover, what about the mystery surrounding the existence of Ven and Roxas?

These are keys that will be revealed from playing Birth By Sleep. You will be able to separate Ven from Roxas with ease; I will hint though by connecting the story between Roxas and Sora, you will understand who Ven is.

---May I believe that the one you fight in KH2FM+, and Terra are the same person? Because they both use a very similar kind of Keyblade.
Nomura: If they really are the same person or not is uncertain, though it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person.

---In Birth by Sleep, after all three are divided, the king appears?
Nomura: It may be deeply related to the story, however I cannot tell whether or not that he is a"King" at that current age. This is because the development of Birth by Sleep will contain a very serious story.

---In Birth by Sleep, is the gameplay done by choosing action commands lined up in command list?
Nomura: I believe it is necessary to say first, The Command Menu that was shown to the public has now changed. A system close to that of re:COM has been created, feeling like a command deck. However, the present screen shots show it was a bit too close to the idea of re:COM. The battle screens you see in the images now, have already been changed. However the operating sense is similar to that of the Kingdom Hearts series. The gameplay has slight influence from the DS game "It's a Wonderful World" (also known as, The World Ends With You).

---Are there any features for the Growth System? (Leveling System)
Nomura: A new Growth System has been added into the game, in which you have to match four obligations with the scenario (?). We tried this variously because it was a bit hard with the PSP. However we made the best use of its Analog.

---Are there new enemies you can confirm that are not shown in the screens?
Nomura: The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody, because the story takes place before even they appear. I can only give out more information, little by little, as time passes: an example being like the Shadow enemies that are heartless, and the Dusk enemies that are nobodies.

---With the PSP, will it be possible for two people to communicate through a connection method?
Nomura: It's too early to answer that, however, there will be some features that will be taking advantage of the PSP.

A

Audo

[size=+2]KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP[/size]
[size=+1]-Famitsu Interview: October 2007-[/size]

[size=-2](Translated by bittermeats)[/size]​

---The Osaka team is diligently working on the development of Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories?
Nomura: Actually, development of BBS started earlier, but we had to interrupt its development in order to improve Re:CoM from it's original plan.

---Then the plot made from before, that image is a reflection of the Kingdom Hearts II: FM+ Secret Movie?
Nomura: Yes.

---Is there special meaning behind the names of Terra and the other characters?
Nomura: The meaning of Terra is earth. Ven has the same feeling as saying wind. But Ven is a nickname, his real name is longer.

---The figure and age of the old man called Master Xehanort is different than the Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts II. Also what are the connections between the character resembling Roxas and Roxas?
Nomura: Because the mysteries about who the characters are is the heart of the story, I think i'll let you imagine the various ways they're related.

---The Keyblade Master that the three characters study under has not appeared in the previous games?
Nomura: That's right.

---The story will center around these three character's progress?
Nomura: Yes. It is a considerably complicated story that becomes serious. Daisuke Watanabe is in charge of the scenarios, he's good at it. By the way, Watanabe is also supervising the other two titles. As for the game play system, the story is played through the 3 character's respective points of view.

---In other words, there are 3 scenarios where each individual story unfolds?
Yasue: Yes. Because each of their personalities and abilities are unique, I think the gameplay for each is different. It almost feels like making three games. (Smiles).

---In Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM, there were two scenarios, one for Sora and one for Riku. Will this be similar?
Yasue: The individual scenarios won't be played in order, after completing one character's story, more unsolved puzzles will become available for the others.

---Kind of like zapping?
Yasue: It's different. The system isn't like the previous games.

---How is the battle system coming along? The Secret Movie and the battle with the Lingering Sentiment was very cool! (Smile)
Yasue: That part is hinting, because it's the last image. (Smiles). While valuing the characteristics of the KH series is important, we are in the midst of building a new system.
Nomura: Perhaps the gameplay of these three announced titles is closest to the former series. The Growth System is the most original idea adopted thus far.
Yasue: "Like a tree!?" he says. (Smiles) It's quite original, and shocking. It grows with some people, and...

---!? Is an option for connect play on the PSP being set up?
Yoshimoto: It's still in the midst of developing more, but cooperating play and competing play on the PSP has countless options to consider, therefore I'm excited.
Nomura: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days has a completely different multiplay concept.
Yoshimoto: Various ideas emerge, and hurdles rapidly rise, but having fun overcoming these hardships is like a tradition for the KH series. (Smiles).
Nomura: (Smiling) Even if all the mysteries of the story become clear, the game is full of various elements that are enjoyable to play. Please expect a follow-up report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back