• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Everyone makes mistakes, kid! [Gravity Falls inspired fic]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[I HAVEN'T WRITTEN SINCE NOVEMBER SO THIS IS PROGRESS FOR ME YAAAAAY lol. This is a silly plot bunny idea that I had, but I just wanted to get this part out there, so here's a summary of the short story itself~

This takes place before my Gravity Falls fic, Paradox Falls. It focuses on one of the two main characters, Aaron who is about 8 or 9 years old in this. Since he was little, he's constantly worried about being cool and being friends with the cool kids. At school, he learns from one kid that they apparently think running away from home is cool, since it's a rebellious thing to do and rebellious things are cool. (YAY DUMB KID THINGS) So he decides to run away from home. In January. In a snowstorm.

His little sister, Rena, doesn't want him to go and follows him. The two become lost in the woods and then separated, and Aaron is left with the guilt of his big mistake. But, since this is set in the Gravity Falls universe, there's someone around to cheer him up! ...sort of.

Enjoy! :D Let me know if you'd like to see more/would like to see the completed short story!]

---------------

"I-I messed up," said the young boy with a shake. He buried half of his face in his crossed arms, muffling his words, "I just... I wanted those kids to like me. Maybe, if I did something cool, they'd like me..."

"Hey, we all make mistakes, kid!"

Aaron focused on his inward-turned sneakers, catching a glimpse at the triangle-shaped shadow cast on the snow.

"Well, not me, but you fleshbags do that a lot," laughed the monster, giving the boy a light slap on the back. "Yup! Gullible, naive, stupid, worthle--"

"Will you leave me alone?" he snapped in his squeaky voice, throwing his arms to his sides and glaring down the monster, "You're not helping."

Bill laughed, throwing up his hands, "Whoa! Sorry, touched a nerve there, didn't I?"

The boy said nothing, hugging his knees and focusing on the ground.

There was a rift of silence between them, the dream demon floating and glowing in the darkness, staring him down with that one, big eye, as the boy tried to cope with what he had done.

It was at least a good minute of silence. Perhaps longer.

"...y'know."

He was too impatient to keep it any longer. Aaron grumbled, focusing on Bill's shadow.

"Aren't you moping about your dumb sister?"

The boy said nothing, pulling his knees in tighter.

Bill chuckled, floating in front of the boy. He landed on the ground and, when he set his feet in the snow, he raised his hand. Like pulling something out of his hat, a cane appeared and he started doodling on the ground.

"C'mon! You run away from home, she chases after you, you both get lost in the woods, and now you have no idea where she is," he said. He seemed to be drawing very crude stick figures on the ground in the snow.

Aaron could barely make out two figures running, one looking much tinier than the other; the sight of it made him reach for his hood, frown twisting.

"Now," Bill placed his cane on the ground just before him, placing both hands atop it, "if I were a human, stuck in the middle of the woods during a snowstorm, what's one big worry I'd have?"

The boy refused to make eye contact, shoulders rising.

"Aw, c'mon, kiddo!"

"Ahh!" his eyes bugged, Bill slamming his little hand on top of his head and forcing the boy to look at him.

"You know the answer!" he said, seeming to smile as his eye creased, "You act like you don't care, but you do! Deep down, it scares you!"

Aaron gulped.

"W-What... does?"

Any emotion that the monster tried to show was completely gone. He just stared, his eye wide and daunting.

"The fact that your sister could be dead," he said, "Because of you."

jnh71193

Awards
The was pretty good! I liked it! You captured Bill very well!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Bill! You're so mean! ;w; He's just a boy! You shouldn't make him feel guilty! Please tell me his sister is alive! This was so good though and you captured Bill's personality so dang good that it's almost scary. (In a good way. xD) I can't wait for more! Please tell me there's more! <333 Loved it so much! First Gravity Falls fanfiction I've ever read too!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The was pretty good! I liked it! You captured Bill very well!
Thanks!! :D Bill is really fun to write haha

Bill! You're so mean! ;w; He's just a boy! You shouldn't make him feel guilty! Please tell me his sister is alive! This was so good though and you captured Bill's personality so dang good that it's almost scary. (In a good way. xD) I can't wait for more! Please tell me there's more! <333 Loved it so much! First Gravity Falls fanfiction I've ever read too!
he's a little shit but he's the best little shit lol

His sister's fine! :D Sorta! :D;;; nO MORE DETAILS ON THAT *RUNS* And Bill is seriously so much fun to write xD He reminds me a lot of my OC Aoi, who is one of my favorite characters to write for, so I kinda channeled that for Bill. But ahhhhh I want to write more for him ;~;

I will definitely do more!! :D I actually want to finish this, either as a full one-shot or possibly a comic (after I finish everything else I'm working on 'cause I GAVE MYSELF TOO MUCH TO DO //CRI), but I will post whichever one I pick once I finish it. I mainly posted this last night to see if there was interest for the full one-shot, I guess; that and I'm really impatient xD;

But ahhhhhhh thanks for the comments, guys! :D I'll post the rest as soon as I finish it, which should be soon-ish~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back