• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everto Sanctus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
Creative-writing project; rushed, untitled, but somehow, A+ worthy. Don't know if this is worth building off of, ie. another chapter. I supppose it'd depend on the reception.

So, yes. Onward...

A smirk crept effortlessly across Adrian’s face as he surveyed the final moments of his unfortunate prey. He watched them writhe in agony, screaming, quivering, slithers of crimson spurted in all directions as they let out a series of coughs. Said coughing intensified into desperate gulps for the stale, midnight air; Adrian, meanwhile, was breathing softly and pleasantly. His eyes never left the ground.

“…Are you quite finished?”

This tone he knew all too well. The elder of the deities, and inherently the superior, stood several feet to the left. Whilst Adrian possessed a mop of onyx hair, coupled with a sickening mustard glint of the iris, Damien had managed to comb his silver follicles back into a singular parting, eyes plainly sapphire. The two were distant siblings.

Damien was Adrian’s polar opposite. His every move seemed to be calculated to the most insignificant detail. His strength could only be countered by his lack of patience, his underlying rage. These qualities had earned him the role of not only superior, but also as somewhat of a supervisor. The latter Adrian shared equal disdain for.

“Dear, dear, brother.” Yet again, he smirked. “You always manage to ruin my fun.”

He dug a vicious heel into the corpse. Various layers of flesh were stripped away in the process, and Adrian couldn’t help but gaze longingly at the open wound which followed. Before he could let animosity overcome him, Damien swept over and cast the customary glare.

“You disgust me.” He spat.

“I’m HUNGRY, damnit!”

“Father said--“

“Since when did I listen to--!?”

Damien validated his disgust by executing a vice-like grip, proceeding to hold a miscellaneous blade to the entirety of the throat. He spoke in low, lingering murmurs.

“He specifically told us to wait.” A momentary pause. “You disobeyed him.”

“So I did!” Adrian’s hands pierced left and right. “Perhaps now he will acknowledge me!”

The first words would drift from a set of cold, crooked lips, sprung forth from a tongue drenched in saliva, oozing with perpetual venom, fed betwixt a tightly locked jaw complete with reddening molars.

“Who was this?”

There was little to no movement. Damien jolted Adrian’s side, and gave the faintest of smiles. “Who was whom?” He said, gracefully albeit weakly. Every syllable brimmed with acid, coming to an inadvertent surface as he took the first of many steps forward. Having done so, another smile was given, though it was far more condescending than its predecessor.

“The corpse.” Talons glinted in a sallow beam of moonlight and motioned towards what remained of the previous victim. It was a woman. A young one. Surprisingly so, seeing as she had fought so relentlessly. “What was its moniker…?”

~*~​

Alexis graced the room and did something truly extraordinary; lips, two blushing petals nestled sweetly upon her delicate frame, curved upwards. Embers danced within their proper boundaries, their light cascading upon an ominous if not comfortable armchair. As she placed herself upon it, she couldn’t help but muse as to the location of her child, yet to be named. She swept some golden locks aside in deep thought. There was scarcely a doubt, even to Alexis, that she was powerless if demons had been involved. Over the past and coming weeks, kidnappings would occur at almost the instant a minor was given life. In the awaiting months, however, the lives of both mother and daughter would take an all too interesting turn. Said daughter had arrived admist Alexis’ slumber.

“Wake up.” She whispered. “They’re waiting.”

Half asleep, Alexis replied: “… Patience is a virtue.” And with that, she grinned. “Repeat this to them.”

In a few moments, the daughter would return, more than slightly petrified. “They said they cared nothing for virtue, mother.”

“Then they have no place in MY house.” A cross was lifted from the mantelpiece. “Repeat THIS to them.”

“They said…they said, they were going to break us.”

A frown. “Surely not.”

“Surely!” Came the sardonic echo. It began raining tinted glass. Alexis glanced sideways and, to her horror, a lone figure was crouched beside two of the church windows, claws put to immediate work. In one foul swoop the demon would prise a particularly angelic scene apart and force their head through any resulting shards. A cackle. Then they would repeat this action.

Mother and daughter burst into the scene at once. Stood directly behind them, Adrian tapped each of their shoulders and brought both round to face him.

“My sincerest apologies.” He said, radiating malice. “But my brothers and I wished to converse with you, and saw this,” a gesture; St. Peter’s remains shattered and cascaded overhead, “as the only means of attracting your attention.”

Alexis didn’t favour the way he said “Attracting”.

“So…” He placed unlimited force to Alexis’ gullet. Expectedly, she let out a choke, but also managed a quiet whimper as Adrian kicked off from the green and perched high on the ugliest gargoyle he could find. It resembled his father. “…This seems as good a place as any, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Be gone!”

He was bemused, amused and confused, expression to match. “What’s that?” Thrusting the victim forward on her stomach, tantalizingly close to something like a 100 foot plummet, Adrian watched with cunning eyes for any sign of weakness, of movement, of acceptance. Alexis could only hold onto the gargoyle and summon every ounce of strength to do so. “Be gone!” She rasped. “Be gone, be gone, be gone, be gone, be gone, be—“

“What in the literal hell?” Adrian cupped her chin, once again, bringing her round to face him. “Who do you think you are, a priest? There’s nothing pure about you.”

The claw moved from chin to nose. It was a gentle, taunting prod. Then he returned Alexis to the previous downward stance, upon which, he saw tears. Small ones. Delicate ones. It was these he savoured more than any meal.

The unnerving distance between above and below became apparent. Demons were in frenzied pursuit. It was no use. Each atmospheric chill as wind sighed through the daughter’s bones, the unattainable niche of displacing impossible amounts of mud and rainwater in order to pass from oasis to chilly oasis, namely, clambering on and off each available tombstone. Demons of this region were well built, almost human in appearance. They would catch her eventually, and all Alexis could do was watch and scream.

“Do you want to save her?” Adrian whispered to the mother. He had flexed his wings like a cape behind him. “Do you want me to save her?”

Alexis kicked, loosening her grip until she had slid from the gargoyle’s back only to cling for dear life onto its warty neck. A cringe. Adrian had stepped on three fingers. “WHY ARE YOU HERE?!”

He spoke with the air of a businessman. “Good, good; you’re conversing. This is progress.” Four fingers. “I, like you, have a brother…”

The daughter squealed, yet Alexis was unable to see why.

“…This brother. He was given a mission.” Adrian let himself carry the smallest tune as he spoke. “And he’s not-so-reliable-in-this-” another gentle prod to her forehead, “-department, if you get my meaning.”

The entire hand was now pulsing with how much weight Adrian had thrust to it. His own hands, however, pressed against the ragged collar of his overcoat, gesturing kindly to himself. “I’m doing him a…tremendous favour.”

The sound of bare feet scraping against stone was no longer heard.

“…W-w-why should I care?! What does this--?!”
”If you’d kindly shut up and listen.” Adrian spoke, clenched teeth and fists. “All I need from you…”

Screaming.

“All…we, need from you…”

Jeering.

“Is…”

Alexis began a desperate struggle. She raised her free hand as high as it would stretch, but not far or fast enough to evade capturing his attention. Adrian curved another wing over them both. He was salivating.

“Your child.” The demon finished.

Silence. He touched her arm. She flinched. His smile widened. He leaned closer, crouching on one of the gargole’s corroded ears. More flinching. Another lean. A collective pulse. It was counting down the seconds. Five. She was hung by one arm. Four. A firm grip on her wrist. Three. The same fingers he had come close to breaking, he had brought upwards, toward his mouth. Tonguing them. Two. He lowered with a grip on a single, quivering digit. One.

He watched her fall.

A smirk crept effortlessly across Adrian’s face as he surveyed the final moments of his unfortunate prey. He watched them writhe in agony, screaming, quivering, slithers of crimson spurted in all directions as they let out a series of coughs. Said coughing intensified into desperate gulps for the stale, midnight air; Adrian, meanwhile, was breathing softly and pleasantly. His eyes never left the ground.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: A Little Something...

“What in the literal hell?”

You went and did another piece of writing. I can only hope that this might reach longevity similar to 'Days in the Life', so that my enjoyment might be prolonged, even were you to strip this of it's mystery, character's of their... well, character, and remove the violence, I could simply be happy in reading the fluent writing of dear Cinollex here. And then you add the layers to the cake, put on the personalities, just enough so that we know, yet don't know, just who Adrian and Damien are, until near to the very end, and only then does our understanding of them increase infinitesimally. Then we add the mystery to the scene, already half-way into the story, it seems, and then we find conversation between the two Demons, enough to learn that they are just that through the story, and slight tidbits about what their characters are like through description rather than through actions or conversation. The violence, while not overly violent (dare I say the same for my own writing, at times) both in the severity of it and its description, unless the intention were to be incredibly violent and/or gorey, in which case, depending on how you read a scene, a lot of description can mean a lot of violence/gore, while very little could mean less, but at the same time, less could be more, in which a more action- and speed-oriented scene forgoes the need for long descriptions, in which case it only improves the scene in the pace it's trying to move at. Either way works.

And then we begin the story half way through, then onto the succeeding part, only to be put in a preceding time. I love that in a story, absolutely love it when I see something like that in a story, where the later scene, you'd think, would provide more information, detail about the characters and the setting, but lo and behold, we skip to the later text yet earlier scene to find that, in a good way, we are proven totally unknowledgable of just what was going on and who the people truly are. I thought Damien and Adrian were most likely standing over a homeless person's body down some alley or on some street in a city with cobblestoned roads, but the next paragraph reveals were are actually in a church, and there is a fourth person present.

This is a cake I would gladly go another, fresher serving of, if you'd so please.

Merlin326

*chuckles as the line "what in literal hell?"*

Cinollex, that was a very good piece of writing there. I also enjoyed our demon brother characters, quite interesting and unique in a good way. the switch to the scene just prior the the one above i also enjoyed.

all in all, very well done, Cinollex. i am eager to see more of this in the future if you do expand upon it.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Quick Cino! Post! You have our word on it, it is worth continuing this story!

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
That was great. :3 I love the way you detail things, and your writing style is very unique.
I want to read more. Now you have at least three persons who want you to continue the story. :)

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
That makes four persons. XD
Hope you get a new chapter up soon. :3

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
Rushed, as last time; felt I'd need to to finish a chapter, before you lose what interest you have. Forgive me if it's, well, Subpar.

Amidst the web of support beams, wings spread, claws extended, eyes flickering with anxiety, was none other than Adrian himself. Damien stood beside him, ever observant. From above, the room was a perfect, dimly lit circle. No carpeting, no furniture; bare, and, up until Gabriel's intrusion, lifeless. Both demons leant at an angle as he'd close the distance between them. Another trailed. She was beautiful, breathless, reasonably gothic attire, black, endless wisps curled over the scalp, clinging to where precipitation had its solemn way. Adrian could see everything through waterlogged lace. Everything. Every movement, every curve, every whisper of a cut. He also noted, somewhat grudgingly, that she was locking gazes with the fallen angel.

"Three days..." Gabriel fumbled. "...Right?"

"She ain't dead, Gabe." Said the woman, with a thick, intoxicated accent. "Jus'...outta your reach."

It was apparent; he'd heard this before. "But, Alexis..."

"Stop sayin' that name." She hooked both arms to him. "Say my name."

Lips purse. A hand grips the back of her head, he sighs, and speaks tenderly. "Lena. I've made a vow. A sacred one."

"But...but..."

"I..." motion, as though to embrace, a slight shudder as he exercised restraint, "...can't."

"Damn." After she'd pivoted out of sight, whimpering, Adrian could be heard with a scoff, a smile, and a step from above, Gabriel just able to exclaim. The former was hung by his leather-clad knees, said material concaving inwards. "That was bold." At this, both knees retracted, and Gabriel was dealt in the stomach. Damien made navigation betwixt two corresponding beams. He'd land gracefully. Contrast to a now unconscious bystander.

"This can't be him."

Adrian stayed in an upside-down position. " '6' 2', blonde, well built--" Dust was swept from either hand-- "not what I'd picture as ' Reverend'."

"Friend? Relative?"

"Only one way to find out." He was now hoisting Gabriel up by the bloody collar. As depthless eyes bore into his own, a latter's sprung open, to give some rapid movement. Gabriel couldn't struggle. He couldn't think. He couldn't breathe. He tried for oxygen. Nothing. He tried for movement. Nothing. He tried for speech. Success:

"...Who--?"

"Are you the Reverend?"

"They don't go for 'pleasurable company'." Laughed Adrian, moreso to Damien than Gabriel. "Unless, well..."

Breath. He needed breath...this voice...it overruled the very senses. So foreign, so familiar, so light, so low, so very...inhuman. Like nothing and everything Gabriel had ever known. Lena? Father? Who were they; what did they want with him? Would they kill? Would he suffer? If only he could look, if only he could speak, but something, something powerful, kept him from doing so. Breath...breath...breath...what little air remained, Gabriel lost. Adrian threw him to one side. Then, as though by magic, that same demon stood, a steel-tipped boot inches from the angel's face, flanked by Damien and two, formerly spread, wings. Breath. At last.

"Lena's not a prostitute." Gabriel began. "She's..."

"A whore?"

This prompted him to sit bolt upright. "She's a kind, decent, pure human bei--!"

"Because she's beautiful?" Adrian spat, in fluid motion. "Face it, kid; twisted as any demon, looks and all."

Cringing. "This isn't about appearance!" He'd pause, turn away, and fumble for words. "It's about..."

"Love?"

Having risen to a decent level, Gabriel, cross in hand, went straight for them. Damien stood still, as did Adrian, though he managed some visible scepticism as 'Be gone!' after 'Be gone!' would drift into perpetual silence. The angel was out of options.

"...Fine..." Cross abandoned, he was once again, breathing soft. "...Who are you, and what do you want?"

"Are you the Reverend?"

"No."

Damien leant in, to interject. "A friend?"

"No."

"Round here, you're known as 'The Fallen Angel'." Adrian meshed some fingers together. "Elaborate."

"What is this? Interrogation?"

"Ah. Alexis' brother."

It took only the smile on Gabriel's face to confirm this. "Reverend’s nephew."

The flurry of punches, kicks, and much more besides, drove him downward. He felt blood, smooth, almost comfort, trail beside either wrist, as Lena had trailed, an imperfect moment ago. Not death. No. Not yet. Even in this wavering state, he could tell, they had use for him. Once Adrian desisted, he brought Gabriel from the floor, to the air, to inches away, until their noses were almost in contact.

"Ferocity aside, I can't help but wonder. You, or the church. Which does he value?"

Pitiful, near lowly, spluttering. "Why?"

"You'd better pray your Uncle's up for a conflict." Before each disappeared, Adrian would add. "Pray whilst you can."

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Once again, an awesome chapter. :)

"That was bold." At this, both knees retracted, and Gabrielle was dealt in the stomach.

My favourite part. <3 Made me smile sadistically. >:3
You are too good. XD

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Nicolle's wirting shall be praised and looked forward to.

I liked the interactions between the characters; the personalities are well-defined in all perspectives.

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
Lol I've been forgetting "Chapter I", "Chapter II", etc. Prepare for more fail.

Chapter III

General Hospital was a large, decrepit, rectangular building, nestled on the meekest of hills, just east of town, south of woodland. Limited residence; not a scraped knee, not a stubbed toe, nothing resembling an injury would occur, in days, perhaps weeks, even months. Adrian'd care less for 'good business', but he did socialize, from time to time. Perhaps even, drink. He'd traverse the vast expanse of green, leather shifting against leather, pick a lock, step inside, and exhale...death. Damien, visibly non-plussed, followed with his hands in his pockets. Floors above, Gabriel. Sound asleep. Blissfully unaware of any impending demise.

"So..." Spreading each arm, Adrian struck thin air. "...Where's the kid?"

"Fallen Angel?" Damien gave an uncharacteristic shrug.

Once non-corporeal, they'd ascend, through concrete, wiring, networks of the latter, until they each occupied a doorway. Footsteps. Sword drawn, Damien turned, only to see, and hear, absolutely nothing.

"Relax; this is A&E. Damage's been done."

The weapon was reluctantly sheathed. "It's awake."

"It is?" Adrian began rounding a corner, eyes demonically narrow. It was open. He clasped the handle, and, feeling warmth, wrenched it aside. What little he could see, he'd scan. Heavy, somewhat reluctant, breath. Gabriel; semi-conscious. Lena, stood towards him. She didn't move, she didn't flinch, even as Adrian leant, half whispering, half drawling, exhalation like sulphur to the skin.

"Why, hello."

Gabriel shifted in place. A twitch. Then another. First of an eye, second, an arm, until finally, he was awake. Having taken Lena by her follicles, Adrian slung. Fluid motion. Like star's origin, glass burst to violent, shimmering, cascade. He'd sigh, hear Gabriel exclaim. Then, eyes narrowed in contrast with the former's, Adrian would execute yet another fluid motion. He stood, once again, leant, until he could smell, feel, taste, what little solidity, what unending cowardice, radiated from Gabriel's soul.

Lips curved, eyes heavy, Gabriel spoke in a soft whisper. "I forgive you."

"Damnit..." Adrian grunted, tripping over himself.

"Pardon?"

Chair adjacent; now occupied by Adrian's left foot. He'd grimace, exert some weight, so to ease the pain. "I know you're in there."

Just as Gabriel would emit another "Pardon?", Adrian had delivered a swift, albeit, misguided, punch. His fist met fabric. Struck through, to the wall. Irreversible damage. Abruptly cooperative, Gabriel's foot surged. It'd miss. He tried, again, Adrian already straddling, scowling, gripping either arm.

"Get...out." Words etched forth, his teeth in a grind.

~*~

Before Adrian, Kam was helpless, leaderless; virtually pointless. The Lessers thrived on chaos, yet, despite themselves, they'd crave an incentive. They'd follow whatever he presented to them, so long as it was catalyst for mayhem, misery. The more Kam saw, the more he heard, the more his obsession with Adrian grew. How he'd dream of face-to-face, one-on-one, encounters, days, years, spent, by master's side. Unfortunately, Kam lacked both the face, voice, and mind, to do so. Enigma. Ergo, he'd possess. Tonight’s; Male. Slim. Bludgeoned. Something in their form, their function, their figure. Women, to Kam, were inferior. Too slim, too vulnerable. Curves. Nothing for manoeuvrability.

"If Master were here." Kam traced some digits for his, or, his victim's, pillow. "He'd take me."

The nurse, softly spoken, told him to "relax".

He held up a hand. "You see? How masculine it is?"

"Gabriel, lay down."

"This body..." Kam lay, lost in thought. Fist, though weak, able to clutch at a section of mattress as said thought was made audible. "Imagine. Our fingers. Our eyes. Our genita-"

"Rest. Please." She left. Minutes later, another woman. Scantily clad, onyx hair.

Silence.

~*~

"...S-s-sir!" Kam immersed himself in the leather of Adrian's jacket. "Take me!" He'd sit up, holding; closer, and closer, until, tantamount to embrace. Met with a left hook. The temple, the stomach, somewhere unmentionable. Claws drawn, Adrian felt. Kam, however, continued with his masochistic display.

"Take! Savour!" Perspiration. "Violate!"

"Wait. Kam?"

"Yes!" With that, second embrace.

Damien, entering, surveyed. He'd clear his throat. Adrian shot a backwards glance, whilst Kam took the opportunity to admire those impeccable biceps, from this all-too-flattering angle. Thin, yes, but built. If Master's attention was diverted, perhaps, he would pay no mind to physical contact. Just a prod. A caress.

"It's touching you."

"I'm well aware." Adrian dug his elbow into "Kam's" gullet. "Mission complete?"

Expressionless. With pause.

"Mission complete."

Last edited:

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
Chapter IV

I remember, albeit, vaguely, the Autumn. A stark, limitless, crescendo; red, amber, intermittent jade, my first, my last, glimpse of Atheism. Life without boundaries, without religion. Without mother. The present, and the past. All I had. All I thought I needed. I was 13. Recently defected from Catholicism. Upon mother's demise; father's decent, I'd lost. Faith. In God, in myself. In it all. I'll admit, I was stubborn. Stubborn and proud. Why should I, the intelligent, creative, individual, get anything less than what you, the faceless slug, the nameless by-product, could receive? I'm better. Better looking, better sounding, better. You? Who are you? You're no-one. Nothing.

We're all, nothing.

~X~

In heavenly love abiding,

no change my heart shall fear,

And safe in such confiding,

for nothing changes here.

~x~

"I tried to contemplate your reasoning, but..." Damien's hand shifted in his pocket; voice soft, inaudible. He'd retrieve a light, immaculate, glove. Hesitation.” I know, now." Donning the slither of fabric, Damien rotated, arched, eyed Adrian up and down. "You have none."

Adrian's own gloves, distinctly scarlet, were shed. He paused, to reiterate; "Mission compl--"

"Irrelevant."

"No, see, when I say 'mission complete'," gesture, nuance, "it does not, in any way, shape, or form, mean 'keep talking'."

"As you wish." Damien, weary, reclined for the corresponding branch. Adrian, in contrast, would rise. Foliage aside, sunlit perspective. Tombs; like dominoes, miss-aligned, oblivious to the metaphorical, and yet, capable, digit; readied, offsetting balance, instigating chaos. Pieces. Playthings. Little more, little less. One topple, another, another. How simple, he'd ask, how simple, can it be, to inflict such 'chain reactions', on any nameable, obtainable, scale? "Although." Abrupt. "Your wishes, per your reasoni--"

"Damien."

"Hm?

Again, abrupt, all but lips, tongue, and teeth, immobile. "Tombstone."

"Rarity, in a graveyard."

"That (left, fair distance; fresh, maintained, lilies abound) one. Look." They'd each do so. "What...do you see?"

Genuine thought, genuine response. "...No."

"Yes." Adrian drew a heel, hoisted, and hung, by the feet, from either secondary branch, arms folding in apparent disdain. "Damnit."

Forefinger would emit not one, not two, but three, individual, launches, each, having missed, ricocheting inwards and upward, casting Adrian asunder. He gripped, manic. The culprit; semi-muscular, although, skeletal, round the waist. Mortici. Another launch, another miss.

"Fu--...!" Adrian, instinctive, spread his wings, spanned, some distance apart. "Mission complete! Mission comple--!"

"I can't hear you!" Drawling, slurring from octave, to octave.

He'd whirl, in mid dive. "Damie--!"

Reply. "Mission complete." Hadn't flinched, hadn't shifted, hadn't blinked. "Go molest a primate, or something."

"Oh, you offendin' me?" Mortici; eyes, narrow, electric blue. "You think you're so...fun...funny...well...--"

Adrian streamlined, the turbulence in his ears matched only by the rasp in his exhalation. Roundhouse. Uppercut. Roundhouse. Uppercut. All of which, ironically, had little to no effect, leaving Adrian an open, breathless, target. Below, Damien, eyes trained on nothing on particular, sat upright. Mortici, meanwhile, froze, hovering, adjusting his vision. Still; despite, of course, the occasional shift, the perpetual lag, such a breeze, such a rush, had instigated. Adrian, again, vulnerable, took it upon himself to disappear from view. Once visible, he was above. Then, hands raised, he'd hail the aforementioned breeze, and liberate an exclamation.

Damien, uncharacteristically, sighed. "Qui--"

Within character, Mortici, ignored. "Adrian!" Upward. "Vos!" Lunge. "Intereo!"

He'd dodge, although, hap handed, circle round, and propel his cranium into the small of Mortici's back, doubling up when he emitted a long, drawn out, screech. However, said action gave him ample time to regain stability; Adrian soon found himself elbowed, in the stomach, kicked, in the shin, then, limp, driven, to the adjacent window. A cornucopia of stained glass, a variation of textures, hues, would rain upon him, if he hadn't adjusted his trajectory. He was parallel, some distance away, when he steadied.

~x~

The storm may roar without me,

my heart may low be laid,

But God is round about me,

and can I be dismayed?

~x~​

Pew by pew, parishioner, by solemn, parishioner, the congregation was disbanding, save for one, distant, entity, sat across from Alexis' casket. Such a vast piece of architecture, blessed, as you would, by colossal support, boundless tapestry, walls, semi-beige, all dominating, isolating, said entity. Funeral attire; hair, tied, and yellow, a voice so soft, so slight, it could cure the sick. She'd tilt her neck. Notes could scarcely escape from betwixt such a delicate jawline.

"Wherever He may guide me,"
rasp, for air, "No want shall turn me back, my Shepherd is beside me," gaining volume, "And nothing can I...I..." Head collapsing to either palm, she whimpered, incessantly. "...I...don't understand!" Within moments, she was tearful.

Beside her stood, or, limped, Gabriel. His expression was solemn, almost indifferent, and the typical black-tie didn't suit him at all. He'd obviously chosen to linger, as few others had, before parting ways. But Gabriel, out of every relative, every confidant; missed Alexis, the least. Not to say he didn't love her, as both a sibling, and a "friend"; he simply refused to acknowledge her demise. Somewhat psychotic, yes, though, grief would get the better of him, in time. Now, however, he sat beside his first, last, and only, niece, emotionless. She blinked. He blinked back. They'd shift. Gabriel thought very little, proceeding speech.

"...Car's outside. We should probably..."

Before he could so much as utter a syllable, she would nod, sigh, and abandon her seat.

~x~

His wisdom ever waking,

His sight is never dim,

He knows the way He’s taking,

And I will walk with Him.

~x~

He was parallel, some distance away, when he steadied. Stance angular, Adrian drove a fist, through; smiling, ever so slightly, as the glass would concave, shatter, spill. He'd wrench himself away. Then, with passable effort, Adrian rocketed. No longer in direct sunlight; now cast upon his back, shoulders, and cranium, reducing him to a near angelic silhouette. Row upon row of stark, freshly vacated, pews. Impeccable brickwork, made luminous, and, for each pillar, a gargantuan statue, depicting miscellaneous figureheads, coupled with Latin inscription. What caught Adrian's eye, though, was not impeccable, nor gargantuan.

"...Q-quick." Inaudible. Gabriel retreated, tentative, clasped her hand. Meanwhile, as the fabric gave a shift beneath him, he could have sworn, despite this 'attempt', at bravery, that he was, indeed, quivering. "Hide, don't let h-hi--." He felt it. That solid Oak, that flawless surface. The doors. "-im see y-you--"

Adrian was already at their level. In fact, he'd crouch, lock eyes with her. Grin. Malicious. Wanting. "Such a pretty, face."

It wasn't long before Gabriel stepped between them. "Don't! Don't touch her!"

At this, Adrian stood. Perfectly still, perfectly silent, dusting stray residue from either wing. "Spine's in order, I see." Upon which, he took a breath; and, a step back. Another. Three, Four, Five. Each reverberated from wall, to wall, floor, to ceiling. He froze. "Fix that." Knuckles white, gradually reddening. They'd shake, expand, burst. Each, donned with a single, metallic, shimmer. Scarlet. Onyx, at the tip. Claws, naturally.

Gabriel leant into his best defensive stance.

Last edited:

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
:O
Purely amazing.

I-I don't even know what to say, really, Cino-chan.

Your writing is absolutely fantastic. I adored the descriptiveness. God, everything about this chapter was amazing.
I'm happy I gave you the deadline when I did. XD
*applauds*

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
See? We wait however long and it doesn't matter, we will always love Cinollex's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back