• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ever felt really stupid buying a game? (Rant)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I have i'm actually almost done with Rhapsody A Musical Adventure and Jesus H I just can't like this game.
The story is beyond stupid and cliched after cliche the fucking backtracking is really getting on my nerves and the dialogue its just self aware at this point how real trash the story and motivations of the characters are. Cornet is really bland and one dimesional like all she is just cock hungry for the prince and none of the jokes in the game were funny as its just same shit over and over again. The combat well if you have a little kid its really easy but even Golden Sun Dark Dawn still had its degree of challenge and the only challenge you get is basically the backtracking and going through cringey storytelling. Everyone in this game was a damn factory of carbon cutouts.
The music in this game yeah i don't like it and the ds version just made it worse.
Lets not even get started on the plotholes and hard to follow plot esepcially at 6 chapters you could finish in a week.
So i really fucking regret spending 39.99 on amazon for this game and after i'm done with i may as well go back to playing Thousand Arms or start up on Yakuza 4.
Got any stories of you regreting purchasing a game. Also this isn't whatever the fuck ya'll gen z is saying what "throwing shade" at female driven stories oh no Bayonetta is a fucking masterpiece compared to this and i actually rather have a new Bayonetta come out instead of a Rhapsody port.

Soldier

Awards
I was one of few people who purchased No man's Sky, and kind of regret the purchase.
BEAR IN MIND, this was before the 1.5+2.5 release on the PS4, so I was trying to find games that were similar to KH in playstyle, as I was very nostalgic (the original copies from the PS2 era have long since eroded with time).
And at first it was kind of fun finding all these weird aliens that not even Salvadore Dahli could've come up with and hiring even stranger looking ones to work for me. But then it just devolves into arriving on a planet, scanning for some lifeforms, getting materials and then leaving. Sure, they added other things to it over time, but the concept gets repetitive real fast. And don't even bother learning an entire alien language in the game, it takes way too long, there are 350 words, and the monoliths are of no help. It's a game that had potential, but squandered it on the way.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I was one of few people who purchased No man's Sky, and kind of regret the purchase.
BEAR IN MIND, this was before the 1.5+2.5 release on the PS4, so I was trying to find games that were similar to KH in playstyle, as I was very nostalgic (the original copies from the PS2 era have long since eroded with time).
And at first it was kind of fun finding all these weird aliens that not even Salvadore Dahli could've come up with and hiring even stranger looking ones to work for me. But then it just devolves into arriving on a planet, scanning for some lifeforms, getting materials and then leaving. Sure, they added other things to it over time, but the concept gets repetitive real fast. And don't even bother learning an entire alien language in the game, it takes way too long, there are 350 words, and the monoliths are of no help. It's a game that had potential, but squandered it on the way.

Damn.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I bought Destiny 2 at launch. Biggest regret of my life. I had wholly enjoyed my experience with Destiny so it caught me off guard that Destiny 2 managed to be worse than the first. I'm actually going to pick up a copy of Destiny when I go to work tomorrow and play it just because I'm that nostalgic for it lol.

I regret buying Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Sword. I think I hit my limit with the series at Pokemon X/Y but I tried pushing through those two games and just really hated myself for investing in them. (Strangely, I didn't feel that way about Let's Go, but it was fun to take my Pokemon around with me to work and while I went on my daily walks and then back home to play the game) They aren't bad games, I just feel fatigued by the franchise.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I bought the entire Diablo collection because my best friend said I would love it. I didn't. Wasted money and time.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I bought Destiny 2 at launch. Biggest regret of my life. I had wholly enjoyed my experience with Destiny so it caught me off guard that Destiny 2 managed to be worse than the first. I'm actually going to pick up a copy of Destiny when I go to work tomorrow and play it just because I'm that nostalgic for it lol.

I regret buying Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Sword. I think I hit my limit with the series at Pokemon X/Y but I tried pushing through those two games and just really hated myself for investing in them. (Strangely, I didn't feel that way about Let's Go, but it was fun to take my Pokemon around with me to work and while I went on my daily walks and then back home to play the game) They aren't bad games, I just feel fatigued by the franchise.

Ouch dude.

I bought the entire Diablo collection because my best friend said I would love it. I didn't. Wasted money and time.
Did you just posted an out of season late April fools joke? And did you wrote this on your cellphone i mean surely you have one?

That's what most people say. Though I will give the game some credit, it is admittedly cool activating warp drive.

I just read up the plot imagine going all the way to the very end of the solar system only to realize how much of a lie it was.

You know somehting. I used to watch the anime when i was a kid and i just dropped it because i was pretty much getting franchise fatigue. I only have Pokemon Rumble and Pokemon Pearl as of now and i'm more leaning into the older Pokemon games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sonic Chronicles, a Sonic RPG from Bioware back when they still had a perfect reputation & is the closest we got to a game based on the comics continuity. It got B's & 80%s from various review sites & magazines. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh God it hurts, please make the hurting stop.

Here's 3 quick facts about me:
A. I can play Sonic games
B. I can play RPG
C. I can't play rhythm games to save my life

Which of these 3 facts would you say is the most important to playing a Sonic RPG? Well it turns out the answer is C because every damn attack & spell requires the player to do some Elite Beat Agents bullshit to work. Made worse that the you-did-it-wrong sound effect sounded more like a you-did-it-right SFX to me, so I didn't realize how badly I was screwing up for the longest time.

In fact, the audio top to bottom is just terrible Shadow's "voice" is the falling-down-the-tube SFX from Sonic Spinball. & the music, Hoolee Moolee the music. Apparently Bioware ran into legal issues with their soundtrack in the 11th hour or some other shit & at the last minute replaced most of the tracks with MIDIs from a fan site. The results weren't pretty.

Here's the final boss theme Sonic 3, an all time classic final boss theme in gaming:

Here's it's remix from Sonic Generations 3DS, a great track made downright legendary:

& here's the Chronicles rendition, which BTW was used as a dungeon theme & not for any battle:

WHY HAS THE HURTING NOT STOPPED?!?!?!!!!

Story is.............ok. To Bioware's credit, they've done some homework & tied previously unconnected threads from multiple past games together to form this game's backstory & this was probably the last time any Sonic game remembered the Master Emerald. However, some of these callbacks don't really amount to much in the long run. OK, so the Dark Brotherhood built the Gizoids from Sonic Battle, what of it? The gizoids in the game might just as well have elite Brotherhood troops for all the difference it makes. If Gemerl from Advance 3 made an appearance they could've gone somewhere with it but he doesn't so nevermind.

Speaking of the Dark Brotherhood, the other disappointment is that this is like the only Sonic game to incorporate elements from the archie comics canon, except not really. Instead of the Dark Legion/Julie Su/Dimitri, SC has the store brand knock-offs Dark Brotherhood/Shade/Ix. It's like getting Kylo Ren instead of Jacen Solo. I hate to imagine a sequel having substitute Freedom Fighters if Bioware kept going.

Dialogue choices seem to be there for the sake of Bioware tradition, not to actually add anything of note. You can either choose from sarcastic Sonic or serious Sonic, but the results the same regardless. This probably would've been a better game to work in a custom player avatar instead of Forces, Bioware at least could've done more with it. Tails is so insufferable about reminding the player to save the game, he continues to do it even after telling him to stop. That's how inconsequential choices are.

Stats are so weirdly implemented. Damage output is not a visible stat, you can equipped items that increase your damage but they don't show by how much. There's an "Attack" stat that you can see, but it actually refers to the attack's accuracy, which I didn't know for the longest time & was hella confused at why I was doing so little damage. You give party members protection from different elemental attacks, but there is no single enemy in the whole game that even deals any sort of elemental damage so the shields are pointless.

In short, it's a game where every facet of it fails. Crap graphics, terrible audio, lousy controls, half-assed gameplay, weak story, & a cliffhanger ending that'll never get resolved thanks to a lawsuit from a dumbass ex-writer. It may not be the worst Sonic game ever but it was the 1 that broke my heart the most.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I bought the special edition of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT and haven’t even put 20hrs into the game since it launched. The game was a very disappointing experience.
I prefer the psp games instead.

Sonic Chronicles, a Sonic RPG from Bioware back when they still had a perfect reputation & is the closest we got to a game based on the comics continuity. It got B's & 80%s from various review sites & magazines. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh God it hurts, please make the hurting stop.

Here's 3 quick facts about me:
A. I can play Sonic games
B. I can play RPG
C. I can't play rhythm games to save my life

Which of these 3 facts would you say is the most important to playing a Sonic RPG? Well it turns out the answer is C because every damn attack & spell requires the player to do some Elite Beat Agents bullshit to work. Made worse that the you-did-it-wrong sound effect sounded more like a you-did-it-right SFX to me, so I didn't realize how badly I was screwing up for the longest time.

In fact, the audio top to bottom is just terrible Shadow's "voice" is the falling-down-the-tube SFX from Sonic Spinball. & the music, Hoolee Moolee the music. Apparently Bioware ran into legal issues with their soundtrack in the 11th hour or some other shit & at the last minute replaced most of the tracks with MIDIs from a fan site. The results weren't pretty.

Here's the final boss theme Sonic 3, an all time classic final boss theme in gaming:

Here's it's remix from Sonic Generations 3DS, a great track made downright legendary:

& here's the Chronicles rendition, which BTW was used as a dungeon theme & not for any battle:

WHY HAS THE HURTING NOT STOPPED?!?!?!!!!

Story is.............ok. To Bioware's credit, they've done some homework & tied previously unconnected threads from multiple past games together to form this game's backstory & this was probably the last time any Sonic game remembered the Master Emerald. However, some of these callbacks don't really amount to much in the long run. OK, so the Dark Brotherhood built the Gizoids from Sonic Battle, what of it? The gizoids in the game might just as well have elite Brotherhood troops for all the difference it makes. If Gemerl from Advance 3 made an appearance they could've gone somewhere with it but he doesn't so nevermind.

Speaking of the Dark Brotherhood, the other disappointment is that this is like the only Sonic game to incorporate elements from the archie comics canon, except not really. Instead of the Dark Legion/Julie Su/Dimitri, SC has the store brand knock-offs Dark Brotherhood/Shade/Ix. It's like getting Kylo Ren instead of Jacen Solo. I hate to imagine a sequel having substitute Freedom Fighters if Bioware kept going.

Dialogue choices seem to be there for the sake of Bioware tradition, not to actually add anything of note. You can either choose from sarcastic Sonic or serious Sonic, but the results the same regardless. This probably would've been a better game to work in a custom player avatar instead of Forces, Bioware at least could've done more with it. Tails is so insufferable about reminding the player to save the game, he continues to do it even after telling him to stop. That's how inconsequential choices are.

Stats are so weirdly implemented. Damage output is not a visible stat, you can equipped items that increase your damage but they don't show by how much. There's an "Attack" stat that you can see, but it actually refers to the attack's accuracy, which I didn't know for the longest time & was hella confused at why I was doing so little damage. You give party members protection from different elemental attacks, but there is no single enemy in the whole game that even deals any sort of elemental damage so the shields are pointless.

In short, it's a game where every facet of it fails. Crap graphics, terrible audio, lousy controls, half-assed gameplay, weak story, & a cliffhanger ending that'll never get resolved thanks to a lawsuit from a dumbass ex-writer. It may not be the worst Sonic game ever but it was the 1 that broke my heart the most.

Sonic Sonic Sonic oh how the only thing you suceeed in is taking L's

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Star Citizen - I bought that thing with a ship and it’s still not out of Alpha despite the many years it’s been in development.

The Sims 4 and all its packs - I think I might be OCD because of this. Even if I dislike the packs and their lackluster performance not to mention their gross lack of basic gameplay and failure to communicate with the market, seeing grayed out badges on my game ticks off my completionism.

just about any gacha game, UX included, ‘nuff said.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yu Yu Hakusho Spirit Detective GBA. I loved the show as a kid so I figured playing a game based on it would be really cool. Oh was I wrong. I sold it the first chance I got. I wasted a Christmas present on this game and was highly disappointed.

Pokemon Yellow. I already had Red and Blue versions and thought Yellow would be cool to have too. It's by no means a bad game, but one I didn't need in hindsight.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory GBA. I don't remember why I wanted this game, but I bought it and it was a waste of my 29 dollars. This actually isn't that bad of a game, but I never replay it. Still better then the Yu Yu Hakusho game I sold.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja for the Playstation 2. I bought this game for the same reason as Yu Yu Hakusho. The only difference is I never got around to playing it. I bought it on impulse, let it sit under my TV shelf, then sold it without ever playing it. Yeah...

WWE Raw vs Smackdown 2008 for the PSP. I played this game a grand total of one time before I sold it.

Soldier

Awards
Yu Yu Hakusho Spirit Detective GBA. I loved the show as a kid so I figured playing a game based on it would be really cool. Oh was I wrong. I sold it the first chance I got. I wasted a Christmas present on this game and was highly disappointed.

Pokemon Yellow. I already had Red and Blue versions and thought Yellow would be cool to have too. It's by no means a bad game, but one I didn't need in hindsight.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory GBA. I don't remember why I wanted this game, but I bought it and it was a waste of my 29 dollars. This actually isn't that bad of a game, but I never replay it. Still better then the Yu Yu Hakusho game I sold.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja for the Playstation 2. I bought this game for the same reason as Yu Yu Hakusho. The only difference is I never got around to playing it. I bought it on impulse, let it sit under my TV shelf, then sold it without ever playing it. Yeah...

WWE Raw vs Smackdown 2008 for the PSP. I played this game a grand total of one time before I sold it.
Everyone knows the best version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory is the PS2 version. Even though you can't replay levels (I thought the juicing room theme was good....)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Everyone knows the best version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory is the PS2 version. Even though you can't replay levels (I thought the juicing room theme was good....)
I was saddled with the GBA version. I still have the game, surprisingly enough. Never play it but I still have it. Ironically the juicing room was the best level in the GBA version too. I guess that is universal.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I bought the special edition of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT and haven’t even put 20hrs into the game since it launched. The game was a very disappointing experience.

Oh my god, same. I really regret it. I wish I liked it more but even the story isn't enough to entice me to pick it up unless I have absolutely nothing else to play which will never happen.

I don't get why there is no genuine solo single player mode. I hate that they tried making this a team game. Truly the biggest misstep with the franchise. I hope Hazama learned from this. If they ever revisit the Dissidia franchise, it better be like the PSP games but with modern updates.

Soldier

Awards
I was saddled with the GBA version. I still have the game, surprisingly enough. Never play it but I still have it. Ironically the juicing room was the best level in the GBA version too. I guess that is universal.
Who doesn't love the juicing room? It has the best music by far in the entire game.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com

I could hear Mayuri's sad turturu noises from here.

Star Citizen - I bought that thing with a ship and it’s still not out of Alpha despite the many years it’s been in development.

The Sims 4 and all its packs - I think I might be OCD because of this. Even if I dislike the packs and their lackluster performance not to mention their gross lack of basic gameplay and failure to communicate with the market, seeing grayed out badges on my game ticks off my completionism.

just about any gacha game, UX included, ‘nuff said.

I will never get the appeal to gacha at all.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Well, whenever I buy a game I kind of go into the mindset of "This will be at least half-decent because I spent money on it". I did do one thing though for a birthday like 9 years ago, where I wasted my present on the PS Vita, thinking that BBS V2 was coming out on it (my thought process was: new system, new game in the series for it). Barely ever played with that thing; I still have it.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
Well, whenever I buy a game I kind of go into the mindset of "This will be at least half-decent because I spent money on it". I did do one thing though for a birthday like 9 years ago, where I wasted my present on the PS Vita, thinking that BBS V2 was coming out on it (my thought process was: new system, new game in the series for it). Barely ever played with that thing; I still have it.

If i do get a vita i'm mainly in it for the visual novels and the jrpgs thats on it. Especially thie stuff thats Japan only as well since i am self teaching myself how to speak the language because what i know is mainly cuss words.

Back