• Regarding KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory Spoilers

Copies of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory are out in the wild, which means spoilers are likely to appear at any point. Although this game has very few cutscenes and story content, we still request that users follow our standard spoiler procedures.

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory spoiler policy will end on December 13th, 2020.

Spoiler threads will need to be tagged with the "Spoiler" prefix. Discussion inside of the thread does not need to be put under spoiler tags, so it is at your discretion to use them.

Spoilers outside of spoiler threads MUST be hidden using the spoiler tag.

If you do not follow these rules, your account will be banned.

Ever felt really stupid buying a game? (Rant)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sephydark

Awards
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
  • Anguis Union
I bought the Mass Effect trilogy based off playing a little of the first one at a friend's house, then when I was partway through the first one I realized that relying so heavily on dialogue choices really hurt the story for me. Seemed like a huge waste since I had two more games that I didn't even touch.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
  • Flix and Chill
  • Nose Stuck in a Book
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Mog Boss
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
I bought the Mass Effect trilogy based off playing a little of the first one at a friend's house, then when I was partway through the first one I realized that relying so heavily on dialogue choices really hurt the story for me. Seemed like a huge waste since I had two more games that I didn't even touch.

I really fucking hate how in Persona none of the dialogue choices matter unless you're playing the devil survivor games.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I wouldn't say stupid necessarily, but the saga of MGSV from Ground Zeroes setting up intense intrigue and being insanely fun and then The Phantom Pain being what it was was so disappointing that I just stopped playing games all together for like 2 years. Add some salt in the wound with the whole PT/Konami debacle and I was just done with it all.

Awards
Sonic Forces. I actually haven’t played a modern Sonic game since Sonic Heroes (not counting the GBA or DS games)
It was incredibly short and repetitive. Totally not worth it.
Also, Bloodborne. I’ve never been so frustrated at how hard a game is. I couldn’t even get past the very first part of the game.

Veevee

Awards
  • Red Travels the Farthest
  • Luna Diviner
  • Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Savage Nymph
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Unicornis Union
Final Fantasy 13. Was looking forward to playing it, accepted that there was little to play at first and mostly cutscenes, but oh boy, I didn't really get the game. The battle system was no fun and basically played itself. The dialogue was weird - Hope dude just lost his mother and Vanille was all like "oh, it's fine! Everything's fine! Everything's fun! Yay!" - what? that's weird at best and extremely inconsiderable at worst.
I didn't get the story. From what I got you were done when you accepted the crystal curse, but also when you resisted it. There was a shitload of foreign terms that came in way too fast to put them into context and reading these stiff library entries certainly didn't improve that much. I completely lost it when I was randomly attacked by two goddesses who turned into ... motorcycles (which no one questioned, of course).

I wouldn't dare to say it was bad, I was probably dumb, but the game certainly didn't help me in any way. Too many artifical lore words at once, presented in a hasty or stiff way, strange character interactions, complicated? battle system and way too many cutscenes to really get into playing. I surrendered after six hours or so and would like to replay it someday, but I certainly fear I'd still be too dumb to understand the game on a fundamental level.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Again, Sims. I got that stupid star wars pack because I'm still a slave of EA and my completionist OCD.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
  • 7 Days Later
Sonic Forces. I actually haven’t played a modern Sonic game since Sonic Heroes (not counting the GBA or DS games)
It was incredibly short and repetitive. Totally not worth it.
Also, Bloodborne. I’ve never been so frustrated at how hard a game is. I couldn’t even get past the very first part of the game.
As Chronicles was the closest we got to an Archie Sonic game, so too was Forces the closest to a SatAM game. And boy is that depressing.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
After I got the platinum for that game, I sold it and never looked back. I love the Sims but those damn expansions are addictive.
I…can’t…stop!

*clicks pre-order button instead of waiting for sale*

I blame EA for this. Oh well, looks like I have to wait till MoM is on sale!

Alan Smithee

Awards
The Wii version of WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2008. Waggle-fail controls; and barebones features compared to the 360, PS3, and even PS2 versions.
P.S.: Thankfully, 2009's Wii version was much better (yes, even the waggle).

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
Punch-Time Explosion.

Both versions.

I was a dumb kid back in the day.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
  • 7 Days Later
Almost. I pre-ordered Ninja Theory's DmC Devil may Cry on Steam, out of curiosity. Then before the game was released I saw the writing on the wall and asked for a refund.

Somehow I got it, back when Steam did not have a refund policy, and used the money to buy the PC version of Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. Football Manager was, and always will be, my main in that game.

I really fucking hate how in Persona none of the dialogue choices matter unless you're playing the devil survivor games.
Turning character development into a game mechanic seriously messed up the story writing in Persona 4 and 5. Not only that—because the main character is supposed to be a player avatar, the player character is the only party member with any real agency within the plot, and it's boring as hell.

Akira

I'm somebody
Awards
  • 7 Days Later
  • Sea Salt Trio
  • Dream Team
  • My Friends are My Power
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
  • Kingdom Hearts III
Whenever I hear someone mention Sims, I get awful flashbacks to me playing Sims 3 on the Wii so I gotta say that's the game for me. I don't want to venture through memory lane describing the experience other than it was buggy and I couldn't build a home from scratch so that never made my child-self happy. But I played that more than My Sims Party on the Wii so Idk cause I barely remember playing that game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
  • 7 Days Later
Punch-Time Explosion.

Both versions.

I was a dumb kid back in the day.
I remember a video interview of a dev for that game calling out Nintendo for Brawl's shortcomings & how PTE would improve on the formula at least as far as the Story Mode was concerned. In hindsight, it was a bit of a red flag.

EDIT: found it. Jump to 3:08

Last edited: