• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Event I: Welcome to Traverse Town!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KINGDOM HEARTS: ARCANA
EVENT I: "WELCOME TO TRAVERSE TOWN"

Hi, everyone! Before we start this first event, I do have a few things to go over first.

How will this roleplay work?
This roleplay will play out exactly like a normal roleplay does; if you've been apart of any of the "Traces of" roleplays, particularly Aftermath, it will work the exact same way. Characters will meet in Traverse Town then, at some point, there will be a boss battle. After that, the RP will be over, and you can move onto creating your own roleplays in other worlds!

The purpose of this roleplay is to set up the events to come: characters will learn about their situation/the situation in the worlds and will need to join forces or journey on their own.

Also, this is going to be pretty laid back, so feel free to post short posts (like 2 paragraphs or so?) and such~

Event "prizes"
For participating in this first event, your character(s) will have the chance to gain some new abilities! (A list of who gained what ability will be added at the end of this roleplay, since there's going to be more chances to "level up" your character in the future.)

For joining the roleplay, your character will be able to upgrade one spell or gain a completely different spell. (For example, if you already have Fire, you'll get Fira. If you don't have Blizzard, you can get that one.)

For defeating the boss, however, you can choose an offensive or magic-based attack. In this case, you can choose between Strike Raid or a magic-based version of the same attack (like Fire Raid, Spark Raid, etc.).

In the future, you'll be able to complete missions to gain new abilities, so keep an eye out for those later on!

What happens next?
After this roleplay is over, everyone can move onto making their own roleplays! Factions will most likely be added at some point, but that depends on the outcome of this roleplay, since it could happen at this end of this roleplay. (There may be an event which will bring about the creation of factions)

In the next few weeks, we'll have another event!

But that's it for now! If I need to explain anything else or if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to message me or post in the feedback thread! Now, let's start! :D

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's been three days. She counted, kept track, and remembered that number well: three.

Three days since it happened. Three days since the world changed. Three days since her life as she knew it was gone; whether it was for the best or not, however, she still couldn't quite tell.

Since then, she had wandered the streets, keeping away from any prying eyes and keeping to the shadows. She didn't like it, but she didn't know what to do. She wasn't sure if anyone here was trustworthy or not.

So, she kept her hood up and kept out of sight.

Unfortunately, however, the decision may have come back to haunt her...

She had wandered down an alleyway, dashing down the corridor and glancing back with a grin.

"Oof!"

Unfortunately, she collided into a wall. Scrambled out on the ground, she grumbled a few incoherent phrases, rubbing her nose.

"Owowow..."

Clumsy, as usually. She hopped up and looked up at the wooden-plank wall curiously. Just a day ago, this was open or there was at least an opening... Now it was blocked. She panicked.

"Ohhhhhh no..." she said, eyes wide with dread. Was she trapped, lost?! Maybe even something worse! Her mind started racing. How was she supposed to get out of this?

-------------

Golden eyes narrowed. His brow wrinkled. He curled his lip in disgust.

He hadn't been here long, but it was long enough to come to a conclusion. A glaring, horrible conclusion...

As he laid back on some weird clocktower rooftop, staring up at the peaceful night sky, his eye twitched.

"This town..."

He snarled. The man shot upright.

"It's so f***ing boring here!" he growled, ruffling his hair. "How do people deal with this?! It's too damn quiet andand just... BORING! Ugh!"

He quickly grabbed his headphones, throwing them over his ears. He was seething, frustrated beyond belief; to a bystander, however, he would've seemed far too weird, perhaps even a little bit scary. Quickly scrolling through his phone for some loud tune, he blasted the song on his headphones and threw his head into his hands, legs crossed.

"F***, I need to get outta here or I'm gonna go crazy..."

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
She got more than expected for the load, but being in business with Moogles for so long had its perks. She thanked them before tossing up and catching the pouch of munny then pocketing it. Shoving her hands in her pockets as she walked out into the night. First District, the safest part of Traverse Town where everyone felt most comfortable opening business.

The other parts of town were more barren though, bar from monsters who kept the common folk away.

Monsters that liked to pick up valuable shinnies.

She clasped her index finger and thumb over her mouth for a moment in thought. Then pulling out a gummi block, she tossed and caught it in one hand as she had done so before with the munny and smiled.

"Maybe I'll stay a bit longer. After all, this world is always changing. Maybe it brought something new today."

With that, she shoved her hand and gummi block into her pocket, turned around, and headed towards the backstreets where the entrance of the foreboding Second District lay.

HyperShadic

Awards
Naoki couldn't believe it. He had tailed various people here and not one acceptable target for stealing from. He sighed looking down to the fountain that sat across a plaza from an abandon house's balcony, disbelieving as it was to him. He was beginning to rethink his thieving code, before sighing again. Not like that would change its perception by normal people.

Its freaky being here, all the places and no one to see them,
he thought as he slid down the wall cane in hand. What caused everyone to avoid this area? Why did they leave some stuff behind? He hit the ground and turned to exit through the door and was immediately met with an amazingly unusual un-opening door. Pulling himself off it quickly he looked around to ensure that no one saw that, before shaking his head clear. Why is there a door that didn't open? Those questions weren't going to be answered here and decided to really check out the other sections in town, heading up the steps to the second district.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
"That looks like that might have hurt."

A young boy sat at the edge of a roof overlooking the alleyway. He stared down at the girl, peering at her from beneath his hood, and grinned slightly. His feet hung limply over the edge, swaying slightly with the breeze, and he held his hands in between them, gripping the overhang of the roof. The sharp, claw-like ends of his gloves tapped lightly against the wood. "You ought to be more careful," he continued in a generally insincere tone, scarcely veiling his condescension. "You might just hurt yourself, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?" He ended with an inaudible murmur.

The boy's grin faded and he raised his head to the sky. He had just woken up in this strange land not but twenty minutes ago, and worse yet, he held no recollection of who he was or how he got there. All there were were bits and pieces of memories, much akin to pieces of a puzzle, that allowed him to remember and recall some things, but with most of the pieces missing, kept him from seeing the larger picture. Some things he knew unquestionably: namely that he was skilled in fighting. Better still, he recalled several skills and magics that he could use, and knew how to preform them as if they had always been sewn into his mind. Other things were more vague. A large, stain glass pillar, a key, and some person whose face was like a fleeting shadow.

"Tell me," the boy said softly. "Where am I?"

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Huh?"

A voice? She could've sworn she heard something... Shaking her head, her hair shaking like floppy, puppy dog ears, the girl cautiously turned about, hoping that whatever that noise -- or voice -- was was just part of her imagination.

You ought to be more careful. You might just hurt yourself, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

Oh no. She hadn't imagined it. Eyes bugged, the girl gasped, stumbling backwards.

It was a person! A person who was talking to her! She had spent so long avoiding even the slightest glance from anyone that this situation was shocking. But that condescending tone, that smirk... She couldn't help but wrinkle her nose. Gone was her fear, gone was any anxiety she had (though it would surely make a reappearance soon), and all of it was replaced with disgust.

Folding her arms, the girl wore a pout, looking up at the boy as she hid under the shadow her hood.

"Wow, you always this grumpy--?"

Tell me. Where am I?

"U-umm..." The girl scratched the side of her jaw slightly, her pout replaced by a meek, nervous frown. Her socially awkward side was back. Hugging her arms, she looked up towards the boy but refused to meet his gaze.

"I... don't really know either..." she shrugged, hanging her head, "I've been tryin' to figure that out."

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Zero felt a burning sensation of eyes lingering on his back. Sure, he was told he was good looking by most. Not likely its a woman checking me out. Twisting around he peered upward at someone hidden on the balcony above him before watching them disappear out of sight. "Friend or Foe?" Zero murmured quietly to himself before carrying on to nowhere in particular. Traverse Town wasn't the most exciting place to be. Kind of feels one of those mystical places to draw little children in like Peter Pan, to disappear and be kids forever. Only its the opposite. Nobody is here except for those I run across by chance. Even though the town looks like a carnival or amusement park threw up on it. After going down a few twisted steps did Zero hear loud obnoxious music playing nearby, there was a tower that appeared to be the source of the music making his ears bleed. Figuratively speaking. Let's have some fun, shall we?

Zero dashed towards the clock tower with a gleeful smile on his face and casted haste on his feet. I know I should save up my strength but, mommy dearest isn't here to stop me. The thoughts ought to have bothered Zero. And yet, he felt nothing as if he was a different person. Keeping himself to a light jogging pace did Zero make his way up the tower, using cranes and lingering platforms to propel himself upward and land silently on top of the clock tower and approach the man from behind. With clumsy skills of a boy rather than a cat did he pull the headphones off from the man's head.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you listening to loud music is bad for your hearing?" Zero teased, swinging the headphones around with his index finger. "Whatever on earth are you listening to anyways?"

purgatory

Awards
The young summoner felt like he'd hit a brick wall, it initially appeared as though attempting to bargain with another Apothecary was out of the question. The three brothers, particularly one with the green cap and matching shirt who sat on the counter his voice rose with unpleasant curt. The boy's face seemed to twinge at the sight. This "munny" he had no such currency on his world, he may as well have been a beggar trying to acquire a free meal.

This was all quite discouraging and the boys were incorrigible.

"Tell me more about this, munny." his eyes tilted with a bit of a skeptical shine to them. He was a master of lore, realms, and verses, but when it came to economics on his home world they were dependent upon haggling, borrowing, and bartering (mainly this). He'd taken the time to brandish one of his creations, "Looks like you boys don't have Elixir do you. You willing to make a sale, 800 munny boys, because I know you'll sell for 1,000."

There was silence, the ducklings huddled together as if attempting to deliberate the offer.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
"Eeeeaaaarh." From beneath the warm comfort of a pile of bed sheets and heavy blankets, Zachary Eckert emerged from his brief slumber with a gratuitous stretch and a yawn loud enough to wake anyone in the immediate vicinity of his lodging. His freshly opened eyes were greeted by the same scene they had closed to six hours earlier: the cozy room in the local Inn, which had been laid out to perfection before he had arrived. It had been a rough night getting to such a long-awaited worldly comfort; a night that brought him to the understanding that Traverse Town wasn't quite as alive as he thought it would be. Even the desk at the Inn, despite the lodging's door being (practically) wide open, was unmanned and unprepared for the eventuality of guests, which in turn prompted him to leave five-hundred munny and a note in the register's till when he helped himself to the last available key.

Getting scolded by the management will definitely be worth it after that sleep, he told himself, throwing his feet to the floor and his entire self up to a stand. He stretched and yawned again, this time more quietly, and proceeded to pull himself together. His street clothes flew onto his body in a flurry of his arms and legs, followed by his sparring pads laid over them. With the room key safely pocketed and his personal bag shouldered, he walked towards the doorway out into the alley behind his room; he hadn't much chance to do exploring when arrived. Stopping dead just short of the door, he made a quick, last-minute decision, finally exiting a minute later with his sword and dagger sheathed at his waist and his armguard secured.

Out on the back balcony, Zach took in a breath of fresh air, and looked down towards the dead-end side of the alley, from where he had caught the tail end of a voice cutting through the silence. Without much effort, he made out two other figures, distinguishable a male and a female, standing the shine of a streetlamp. "Oh! I guess I'm not the only one here after all," he said in their direction. Standing by the ledge of his balcony, he faced the pair. "Good morning... errr..." he looked up at the sky, it's dark, starry image practically unchanged since he had arrived. "I assume," he added on.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Despite the... well, booming sound in his ears, the music actually calmed his nerves, giving him some much needed peace. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

He had been all out of sorts since he appeared in this damn world. How long had it been now? Three days? He kept losing track, probably because this world didn't seem to know the difference between day and night.

Another sigh escaping his lips, he looked up at the night sky. Although the music was blasting through his ears, it seemed more like background noise now, as if it didn't exist in the first place. He was left in silence, in a silent world of his own making.

"Dammit..." he snarled, "How're we supposed to get outta this?"

Hasn't anyone ever told you listening to loud music is bad for your hearing? Whatever on earth are you listening to anyways?

The man quirked a brow, looking perplexed. Wait a minute... He had his headphones on! He shouldn't be able to hear anyone like that! Was he imagining something?

Turning and looking up, he realized what was amiss. A person was standing next to him, a teen about his age grinning as he twirled a pair of headphones around his finger.

Headphones... His headphones.

click!

This guy had made a terrible, terrible mistake.

"What the f***?! Hand 'em over!!"

Staring down Zero was a pistol, aimed and ready for fire. Kage's finger was ready on the trigger, his hand shaking as he stared the teen down with fiery eyes.

"Now! Or I'll blast that f***ing grin off your face, dumbass!"

Awards
"Dude, Kage. Calm it down a pitch. You’re too freakin' loud." Sure, to a bystander he might have looked insane, pointing a pistol at some guy for managing to accomplish what few ever accomplished before. To Kam, the sight was just Kage being Kage. Nothing new. From the platform below she clapped her hand onto topmost ledge of the clock tower and pulled herself up. Running a hand through her hair wild hair, she sighed and shoved her hands into her pockets, all the while looking grim.

She and Kage had split up earlier in search of answers, with the promise to meet back at the clock tower within the next few hours. Well. More like, Kage searched for answers, and maybe he thought Kam would do the same, because maybe she said she’d help in the effort to figure out where the hell they were. Honestly, that was the least of her concerns.

Not to say she didn’t do any searching of any kind. She searched high and low in fact. Searched the hardest she had ever searched in her life. And still, nothing. Not a single damn game center or an Internet café in this joint. Seriously, what the hell? How the hell does this place not provide those basic needs for human survival?

Answers? Please. They didn’t need to search for answers. Kam already knew where they were. This was Hell. This had to be Hell. And she was convinced God was testing her.

She threw a casual glance back at the other guy, who would probably be screwed in another second or two unless he handed over those headphones. All this noise over some goddamn phones, seriously. Just wait until she broke the news about her recent discovery. That would be worth shooting something over. Kam tossed out an open palm to Zero. "Hey, give 'em here, yeah? He gets kinda bitchy when it comes to his crap."

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A pistol was pointing directly at his chest over a pair of headphones. For somebody to care so much about these headphones, he sure doesn't think these things through. Tut, tut. Shaky hands on a gun? That's bad. I wouldn't even break a sweat if, I took ahold of his gun. I bet he'd lose his cool if I did. Then where would he be without something to threaten me with? Zero's smile grew wider at the meaningless death threats that he felt the impulse to push this guy's buttons further. Or that was the plan until some chick, presumably his partner had asked him to toss them over. Now why would I do that... when he didn't ask nicely. Making sure to keep out of both their reaches did Zero hold his ground.

"Kage here, needs to say the three magic words if, I'm going to hand them over." Zero teased, holding onto the pair of headphones for a few minutes longer.

Normally, he wouldn't be so cruel in taking someone's things. Except he wasn't like that anymore after, losing what little precious things he had left. What it must feel like to hold onto something so precious to you, that you'd go to any length to get them back. Of course, Zero didn't have any intentions of harming the headphones to begin with. In fact, he simply thought he could give them back once, he got the guy's attention and start up a conversation in this dreadful place. How's that working out for you so far, buddy? Keeping his smile in place to mask his true thoughts and feelings did Zero continue to tease the guy further, "And I wouldn't do that if I were you. You see, I could easily snap your headphones in two by being oh so careless." Zero dangled the headphones from his fingertips. "Or perhaps you do shoot me and all of my sticky, smelly blood would ruin your headphones for good. So we can't have that, can we?"

"Oh, one more thing! If you're going to threaten somebody, its more intimidating to say their name. Otherwise they won't take you seriously."

If he's smart, he'll ask more nicely. If not... at least he proves to be an interesting fellow with a short temper. He might be worth engaging in a fight.

"So what will it be, Kage?" Zero asked, waiting patiently for an answer.

Last edited:

purgatory

Awards
They settled and the exchange was made, now that the young summoner finally had "munny", some kind of off world currency he could manage his traveler's expenses. Tipping a bow to the boys, they could instantly spot he was an off worlder, and indigenous one with some kind of respect-asserted culture by how he expedited courtesy and prim. As the boy approached the door, there happened to be a string of voices buzzing from just behind the building and slightly further to his left.

Hopping over the rail and cutting the corner and came face to face with a fence, which felt like a wall. A face, female from what he could tell looking up, for a second he froze almost immediately on the spot. His communication skills with girls his age, well, his work as a scribe kind of made him a bit awkward and inept to some degree. She was looking up at a boy that at least looked older than them both, his questions were about the same ones that the summoner himself had.

It occurred to him that he was standing there. Awkwardly in between a conversation, that wasn't weird or anything.

"Um...hi."
finally gaining the awareness and courage to bring himself to both of their attentions. "Not that I was eavesdropping on your conversation or anything but-" and just like back home, his problem solving seemed to take over. "But you're in Traverse Town. A quaint little world that is refuge to those that have lost their homes to the darkness. If you're here and you seem unsure as to how, that is the most reasonable explanation. Your homes have been swallowed by darkness."

He read about this in study of realms, but for him how he got here, it was more or less a request to sent to this refuge.

As if through sudden panic and anxiety, he flailed nervously, "Oh! Where are my manners, my name is Purg. I'm kind of...bad with talking to...you know..." he tilted his head awkwardly to the left and puffed his cheeks. "With...girls...n stuff."

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
"Tch. If you don't know, then what use are you?" The young boy leap from his rooftop perch and landed next to the girl. He walked up to the girl, giving very little space between them, and circled her like a vulture who had just found a dying animal. The boy stopped in front of her, looming several inches taller than her, and stared down at the girl with a smug grin written across his face. "Maybe I should just--"

"Um...hi."

The young boy withdrew from the girl, and turned his attention toward the new arrival. This time a young boy, who seemed about the girl's age, from what he could figure, and seemed as imposing as a stick stuck in the sand. No, he thought, retracting his comparison. A stick is more impressive than this fool. However, he proved more useful than the girl had, and the young boy listened to what this new arrival had to say intently.

Apparently, he had ended up here because the previous world he had been on had been swallowed by the darkness. However, that did little good, as the young boy held no recollection of what world he was on prior to Traverse Town. In fact, he couldn't recall any of the worlds, though he knew of the different worlds and that they were as numerous as the stars in the sky. But what interested him more was this 'darkness' the boy had spoken of, and how it could simply swallow a world. At that moment, a word popped into the boy's head: Heartless.

What were 'Heartless' supposed to be, and why did the word--no, not a word, but a name--pop into his head randomly out of the blue? Were these 'Heartless' this 'darkness' that had been swallowing worlds? If so, why? Was there a reason? Or are they simply the pawns of someone else? And if they are merely pawns, could a more powerful king obtain their services? The name only served to raise more questions than answers, much to his frustration, however, he did now know where he was, and it was enough for him to part ways with these nuisances.

"Quaint?" the young boy let loose a wicked, cackle of a laugh. After but a moment, his laughter tapered away, and the young boy sighed as he regained his composure. "Anyway, now that I know where I am, I don't need to hang around you losers any longer."

The young boy walked toward the alley's exit, and as he passed, bumped into--that being a lax word, as he actually threw his shoulder into it quite forcefully--the young boy who had divulged the information he had sought. He continued on indifferently and left the two to whatever nonsense they would do. While he had a name, the boy needed a better understanding of the town's layout. In the distance not too far from where he was, he spotted what appeared to be some sort of clock tower or building. That, he figured, would be the best place to start, and he began making his way there.

HyperShadic

Awards
Naoki hated alleyways, they were much too cramped for his style and usually didn't have a way to escape for someone as dexterous as him and was sorely disappointed in the architect’s lack of forethought about what might a thief need. He stopped that train of thought with a slight chuckle, seeing as normal people didn't design things with thieves in mind. He glanced at his sister’s invention on his right hand, remembering what she asked.

He looked back up towards the sky, counting the stars and stopped after about 20. His sister told him that they were disappearing, actually thinking back she hadn't told him anything and all important revelation he had eavesdropped on between his sister and brother. A few spare ‘ultra combining blocks’ as his sister dubbed the mysterious meteorites, and he had a ship. And had he did, as the only thing he salvaged from the thing as it crumbled near the world was a green piece that his sister said was very important. He stopped just short of running into a wall. Turning, he almost stumbled into the weirdly spacious square of the second district. He looked around hopefully trying to figure out why this place seemed so abandoned. Spotting a kid walking the same place he called out, “Hey, rascals like you shouldn't be out this late.” He leaned against the stairway, “You don’t want to worry you folks do you?”

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tch. If you don't know, then what use are you?

Initially taken aback by the boy, Rena fought to keep herself from stumbling back. She pressed her sneakers into the concrete, balled her hands into fists, and stood her ground; but she couldn't keep that anxious look off of her face, no matter how hard she tried.

Watching the boy circle her like a shark, she gulped. What was with this guy? He asks for her help, then acts like a creepy vulture! He even looks like he was about to pounce and rip her head off! (No... it was more creepy, far more unnerving than that...) He stepped closer, towering over her. He glared daggers right through her.

Maybe I should just--

Um...hi.

Rena's eyes lit up. Someone. Someone! She wasn't alone anymore! The newcomer distracted the young boy, leaving the girl to breathe a great, big sigh of relief. She watched the scene from the background, hiding in the shadows and against the wall. Her chance to run was right there, but, for whatever reason, she didn't take it. Instead, she watched.

Anyway, now that I know where I am, I don't need to hang around you losers any longer.

With no reason to stay, the boy took off, making sure he was as rude about as it as possible apparently. Now the alley was empty.

Empty... Except for one person.

Oh! Where are my manners, my name is Purg. I'm kind of...bad with talking to...you know... With...girls...n stuff.

Rena stared, her eyes bugged.

She could've piqued up, smiled, and said "hi!" But she didn't. No, no, no... she chose a rather different tactic...

clickclickclick!

She was gone! Hopping onto the box at the other end of the alley, she ran past Purg in a panicked run, up onto the next level of the district and through a big door. The door slammed shut, and Rena slumped, breathing a big sigh of relief.

"I..." she muttered, "I hate this..."

She wasn't really good about talking to people, apparently...

-------------

Dude, Kage. Calm it down a pitch. You’re too freakin' loud.

Oh, good. It was about time she showed up. Unfortunately, Kam's words did very, very little to calm the man's nerves.

"Calm down?! Excuse me?! He's the one who took my damn headphones!"

He snarled, watching the girl step closer. Kam tried to haggle with the guy (in, dare he say, the most convincing manner possible... if he was being sarcastic, in which case oh, he most definitely was), but what she said struck a nerve.

Hey, give 'em here, yeah? He gets kinda bitchy when it comes to his crap.

"...b-bitchy?!" he snapped, looking flustered, "Oh, right, that's really funny coming from you, Kam!"

His golden eyes turned back to the scene at hand. Finally, this guy decided to talk.

And holy shit, did he want to break his jaw so he would shut up. (What a f**king whiny voice!)

Kage here, needs to say the three magic words if, I'm going to hand them over.

"Magic words? The f**k?!" He couldn't believe this. What did this guy think he was, a f**king child?! No! He didn't say "please" and "thank you," he said "f**k you" and started firing bullets! The dark-haired man reacted with another snarl, running his hand through his spiked bangs. Frustration, frustration.

The guy went on monologuing (Kage was surprised it didn't put him to sleep), trying so very, very hard to strike more and more nerves. He was doing a good job, but Kage fought to keep a handle on it, to not let loose and make things worse than they were. He had to be cool to get out of this... but he wasn't giving this punk what he wanted.

So what will it be, Kage?

A chuckle. That's all that came at first. Lowering his weapon, Kage's chuckle turned into more of a laugh. It turned loud, even a bit psychotic...

He grinned, looking back at Zero with a very, very pissed off grin.

He raised his weapon, his finger on the trigger.

"F**k. You."

BANG!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Something was going to happen.

The shopkeep didn't know when or where, but she knew that something big was going to go down soon. Cathy knocked on the counter three times, which caused a small black drop of ooze to fall from the ceiling next to her hand. Another drop fell to join its brother, then a third and a fourth. As the small amounts of liquid fell, Cathy watched on, placing her hand under her chin. Eventually, the ooze began to mold together, forming the shape of a small head with a beady face.
"What's good?" The ooze said in a slightly raspy voice.
"How is the request board coming along?"
"Oh, is coming along reeaal nice, lady. Reeaalnice. Should be done by tonight. Getting 'dem magical hoohas to work properly was a pain in the kester, but what cans you do, am I right?
"Good to hear it." Cathy told it. "I'm going out for a minute. Keep watch over the Bubbling Cauldron."
"Oh sure thing, lady. Place'll be under good eye. Good eye says I, heheheh."
"Just be nice to the customers. And don't overcharge. You represent me when I'm not here, and I don't want new customers to get the wrong idea."
"Oh no, no no no lady," The blob said as it hopped down to the floor, expanding itself to a more humanoid appearance. "Bleep always does good work. Always always."
"I know," the witch answered as Bleep grew to her size, "I just feel that a reminder might be in order after last week's incident."
"Aw come on," The oozy materialized man said, throwing his arms out in defense, "That wasn't bleep's fault! Kid comes in here, thinks he can steals from us, so I throw 'im out! No big deals."
"You're forgetting the part where you punched him a few times." Bleep flinched slightly at the reminder. "Just stick behind the counter and let the suits of armor and cameras deal with any would-be thief, alright?"
"Okays, lady. Okays."
"Good." Reaching behind the counter, Cathy pulled out her staff and petted Bleep on the head a few times before kissing it on its forehead. "Now behave. I'll be back soon."
"Goodbyes, lady. Bleep'll be good. You just waits and sees."

Cathy exited The Cauldron and looked around the First District. Same old same old. She dropped her staff and as it floated in the air, she easily mounted on top of it and shot forward like a rocket, causing a large gust behind her, knocking away any trash or debris that might have found itself in her path. Circling back, the woman slowed as she returned to the roof of her shop to admire the large gargoyle that was planted on the top of center of The Cauldron. Unsure of where to head, the witch lowered her gliding to street level as she flew to a random district.

Something was going to happen. She didn't know when or where, but she knew that something big was going to go down soon. She just needed to find it.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I wonder if he's part tiger? All that snarling... can't be good for you. Zero fought back the urge to laugh his head off at Kage -- He wasn't having much luck with that, as he shook in place and struggled to fight the smile off of his face. This guy... is too much. A snicker escaped his pursed lips that it was like a pot of hot water boiling over. Except it wasn't hot water trying to crawl and make its way out of his throat. Pure laughter was what it was. Get it together, Zero. This guy is trying to be serious! Despite the growing smile on his face, Zero was thoroughly pleased, entertained even, by this turn of events. May of not been intentional but, now I know both of your names too. Kam and Kage. Whatever on earth brought you two here, of all places?

After two whole minutes had passed by, did Zero imagine somewhere in this dull place was an invisible clock ticking away. It wasn't until Kage started laughing psychotically that Zero's eyebrows raised in confusion that he glanced at Kam. "I think I may of broken him-" The abrupt cease in laughter was enough to draw his attention sharply back around at Kage in time to see the gun pointing right at him. Sh*t. Guess he doesn't care one way or another. Zero quickly chucked the pair of headphones at Kam as the gun went off with a BANG! and a good ol "F**k. You."

"You shot me!" Zero pretended to howl, "He actually shot me!"

The pain was enough to knock the wind out of Zero's lungs, making him double over as he stumbled back a few feet. I should of took the headphones down with me. After two, maybe three deep breaths, did Zero pull his hands away from beneath his ribs where the bullet had shot him. Nothing vitally hit. That's a good sign. Too bad Kage got my clothes dirty. Thankfully, a mere bullet wasn't going to be the end of him. "Cura." He muttered softly, watching the wound with blood dripping out of it be covered in a green mist; barely visible to the naked eye.

Then Zero stood upright and smiled real big at Kage. The smile itself was one of mockery and a promise; that they'd settle this fight for real later. In a flash, did Zero disappear from their sight and move silently behind Kam. There was no hesitation whatsoever as Zero hoisted his right arm around her shoulders in a playful gesture and swung his right index finger around with the claw pointing at Kage. "I think I'll tag along after you guys for a time. Let's all become really good friends. " Zero stated in a matter of fact tone.

Then before Kam could possibly think of hitting him or worse, Zero moved back to where he was standing before the gun went off. "And it'll make a great story to tell one day! How I drove Kage mad enough to shoot me!" As if a light bulb went off in his head did he point out, "Oh! You should thank me for risking my life to save your headphones, Kage. Its the least you could do after, you know, shooting me and all?"

Going to be a blast hanging around these two.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Something was going to happen — or rather, something was supposed to be happening, very soon.
So read the stars, at any rate. Rhona had used her astrolabe to some success in the past few years, but the instrument was fickle.

"And so many stars going dark," she muttered. "It doesn't help, really..."

She adjusted the plate by just a few degrees, noted the new measurements, and returned to her charts. The theory behind astrological divination was simple: Most of the bodies known as "stars" are in fact worlds. Each is governed by a powerful heart, similar in function to the hearts of mortals. As the worlds travel along their respective orbits, their hearts come in contact with one another — and by result of that co-mingling, they influence the universe around them.

By mapping the distances between worlds, scholars of the past were able to predict how these heavenly hearts would interact. So, in a limited way, they could predict the future. Rhona smirked at that thought. So goes the theory, anyway. Her results were hardly conclusive. So far, all she knew was that something was about to happen; whether it was the Big Event she hoped it would be, not even the stars knew.

"Rhona!" A voice echoed from downstairs. Yuffie.
"If you're not dead or asleep, we sure could use some help! Lots of refugees this time."

The White Mage sighed. It was a profitable job in its own way — but sometimes the displaced, sick, and/or dying were just too ... needy. "Right away!" she called back. "Just let me pick up some supplies. No longer than fifteen minutes."

"Alright! Fifteen minutes!"

Rhona had every intention of taking half an hour, if not longer. A shop like the Cauldron, with all its wondrous home-brewed curiosities, deserved no less. And its proprietor, Cathy... She's the only person in this town who understands my tastes! Rhona patted her shoulder bag — her inventory — with something between tenderness and smugness.

________________________________________________​

Instead of Cathy, she found Bleep.
A much less attractive face, with much less interesting thoughts behind it.

The creature met Rhona's wave with a scowl, and said nothing as she browsed the store floor. Though it lacked a shred of tangible evidence, Bleep maintained the suspicion that the much-beloved Wayfarer was in fact a shoplifter. She couldn't so much as examine a shelf without being scrutinized from behind the counter. Rhona met his gaze unflinchingly, smilingly, as though nothing were amiss.

And this is all the product of a sad misunderstanding, she thought, which even Cathy agreed was just that. A misunderstanding. True to her honest heart, she never took a single jar of healing balm — though on that day she did leave with a considerable discount. Reparations for false accusations of theft.

Finally she could bear the waiting no longer. Having make a sufficient show of patiently browsing the shelves, she approached the counter. Bleep's eyes were dead; its mouth was still scowling. Rhona smiled.

"Beg pardon, Bleep," she said, "but do you know when your mistress will be back? I have a few new collectibles on hand, and I thought that Cathy might want to see them before I go into town. As per the usual arrangement. You know." Her manner was warm and familiar, and nigh impenetrable. I'm a paying customer, Bleep. And the customer, you miserable little shit, is always right.

Meanwhile, a new addition to the store caught her eye. Request Board?
Well. I never took the Bubbling Cauldron to be
that kind of shop.

Awards
Well, no one could say she didn’t try. The dude seemed set on either giving Kage hell or getting his ass kicked. Any other day this would have been fine source of entertainment for Kam; instead, she tuned out Kage’s ranting and leaned back casually on her heels. She released an airy sigh so faint it could have easily been missed. Just give it time. Everything would cool down. Eventually.

This wasn’t the first time she’d heard a gunshot or witness someone die (nor would it be the last given Kage’s trigger-happy propensity). She observed the dramatic display with an apathetic eye. Retaliate or just die. Whatever he did, Kam wished he’d hurry the hell up already.

He did neither. Healing his injury with some sort of magic, she found herself seething and sagged slightly forward under the weight of his arm tossed around her shoulders. She hummed a sound of annoyance and regarded the stranger with a sidelong gaze that could probably kill. Seriously, just who the hell did this guy think he was? Throwing himself around Kam like they were old pals?

He began chirping some bull about becoming friends, to which Kam dryly interjected with very little interest, “Yeah… no. Who are you again?” She honestly didn’t give a damn who he was, and luckily the guy shrugged off her shoulder without any painful prompting on her part. Kam carelessly tossed the phones in Kage’s direction. “Here. You finished with your temper tantrum? ‘Cause I finally nailed down where we are.”

She turned quite grim then, brows furrowed. Whatever conclusion she came to, it clearly troubled her. Looking Kage square in the eye, she crossed her arms. “It’s hell. Haven’t picked up a Wi-Fi signal yet. No convenience stores. Not a single damn game center anywhere. We’re not in Shibuya. This’s gotta be hell, man.“

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back