• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Even Fairy Tale Characters Would Be Jealous

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texkia26

Okay kids, check this out:

I have been playing lacrosse for 4 hours everyday and then working for 6 hours after that, so, I am literally physically and mentally exhausted and I have not had time to even think about my story all week. And I am leaving for the beach at 3 AM tomorrow morning and I will be gone for a week. So, no story updates until I get back on the 30th.

And a long update it will be.
I promise :D

Texkia26

Aha. I finally finished it!

REJOYCE!!

Please enjoy :D

Chapter 6 part 2

I missed him and his blue eyes and wacky hair already.

Kian had now enlisted the help of a spatula and a frying pan and was attempting to put out the flames by hitting them repeatedly with his poorly equipped weapons. Poor guy, I almost felt sorry for him. But, amazingly, Klaus came to his rescue and skillfully turned off the stove. He smiled and sat down in Dakirai’s chair.

“How do you like them apples?” Klaus said smugly.

“I don’t even like apples,” Kian grumbled.

“But you like bananas!” Klaus handed a banana to his brother and smirked.

Kian snatched the fruit out of Klaus’s hand and stalked out of the kitchen, mumbling in Spanish.

“He’s just jealous. I can actually cook and he can’t.”

Klaus was right about this one. He can cook. Kian cannot. I’ve seen him try, and it wasn’t pretty. He tried to make scrambled eggs and ended up sealing the oven door shut. How it happened exactly is still a mystery.

Klaus then turned in his chair, looked me in the eyes, and said in all seriousness, “What is his name?”

I burst out laughing. I couldn’t help it. I can never seem to take Klaus seriously.

Kian then came marching back into the kitchen with the banana peel and dropped it on Klaus’s head, a thank you of sorts.

Disregarding the fact that he now had a banana peel on his head, Klaus asked his question again.

“What is his name?”

“What’s whose name,” Kian called from the patio door.

“That one fluffy haired kid,” Millie said with a sly smile.

“The cutie with the blue eyes,” Lena walked slowly around the table.

“You mean her new boyfriend?” Annette looked at each one of us with a puzzled look on her face.

I buried my face in my hands and mumbled, “Oh, no.”

“Oh, what’s his name?” Annette thought out loud as Klaus’s eyes filled with shock, Kian threw himself into the chair across from me and, once composed, stared at me, and Lena and Millie were overcome with a fit of giggles and had to lean against the granite counter.

“So what is your beau’s name, Sophia?” Annette smiled at me. I could have strangled her.

“Yes, Miss Sophia, what is his name,” Kian smirked and raised his eyebrows.

They all continued to look at me with teasing smiles on their faces. This was embarrassing.

I finally grumbled, “Dakirai.”

Klaus’s banana peel headdress slid off his head when his hand shot up into the air. He looked like an eager schoolboy waiting to be called on by the teacher.

“Yes,” I said.

“Can I call him Fluffy,” he shouted.

“Are you serious?”

He nodded. I almost cried from all this embarrassment and stupidity.

“No,” I cried. “You cannot call him Fluffy.”

“Aw, man,” he whined.

“Well, Millie and I have to skedaddle. See you kids later,” Lena said as she and Millie left the house.

“I’m going to go see Dante. Bye!” Annette walked away, waving.

“And I told Alaina I’d hang out with her today.” Klaus stood up to leave.

This threw me. “Who,” I asked.

“Alaina. I met her last night. She has the prettiest red hair in the world and an awesome smile,” he beamed.

I thought back to last night, and I remembered seeing Klaus talking shyly to a pretty strigoi. So her name was Alaina.

Klaus said his farewell, leaving me and Kian sitting together in the kitchen, the faint smell of burnt toast in the air.

“Don’t you dare laugh,” I growled.

His lips were pressed tightly together, suppressing a laugh. I gave him an evil look.

“Okay, okay. Relax a bit, will you?” He sighed out of exasperation.

I rolled my eyes. “I have a question.”

“Alright.”

“Do you have any idea why that vampire attacked me last night and why my arms are still cold?” My arms froze with eerie chills.

“Nope not a clue,” he shook his head. “There might be something in the library. You might have to look really hard though.”

“It’s okay. I have all day.”

I stood up, not expecting him to say any more. Then I heard him say quietly, “You really like him, don’t you?”

I thought of Dakirai and his kiss. It made my heart ache in an unfamiliar way. “Yes, I really do.”

Kian grinned. “Good. I’m going to be outside washing my car if you need me.”

“Okay,” I said, walking out of the kitchen and up to the second floor; to the library.

I stopped in front of the ancient door that led to my favorite room in the mansion, besides my own bedroom. I turned the doorknob and pushed open the heavy door.

The sun had completely risen by this hour of the morning. Its rays flooded the spacious room, reflecting off the polished wood tables and shelves. Plush leather chairs provided seating at the tables. The maroon carpet felt soft under my feet.

I cast one glance around the library and knew instantly I had no clue where to begin.

This might take a long, long time, I thought.

Most of the covers were in good condition, so I could read the titles. Others were so old they might as well be thrown out. Perhaps it may not take as long as I thought. Maybe I’ll be lucky and pick up a useful book on my first try. Looking up, I spotted a large volume titled Night-walkers And Winged Murderers by Elemér Lachlan.

I pulled it off the shelf, inhaling large amounts of dust in the process. Though I could read the title quite clearly, Elemér Lachlan’s work seemed very timeworn. The dark green cover was nearly black with age and neglect. I am a lucky girl; this book looks promising.

Not wanting to sit in the library, I walked up a flight of stairs and through my room to my balcony. I sat cross-legged on the outdoor lounge chair and read the table of contents.

Introduction……………..………1
The Legends…………………...25
The Facts……………………....73
Strigoi and Vampires………..102

‘Strigoi and Vampires.’ There had to be something there. I flipped to page one-oh-two and read:

What is it that frightens the humans? Is it death? An unlived life? Waking up to find a monster wanting their life and blood knowing they will do anything for a taste?

They fear the things that go bump in the night. They fear the night-walkers and winged murderers. They fear the vampires and strigoi.

Vampires are the dead souls, unconsciously walking in the dark. Feeding on life. Transforming the unknowing. Haunting their loved ones. Vampires are not born, but are created. Most were once human; their lives and souls stolen away. The rare ones were strigoi. Living vampires.

Strigoi; winged murderers able to live by killing. Taking blood and souls, leaving the body. They survive on stealing the innocent. Soulless creatures with wings and a conscience. Nearly indestructible, mostly dying of old age or fatal tragedies. Their wings are what bind them to what they are. Deep magic in the bodies seal their wings within, breaking out with the setting sun, overcoming their senses. Physically beautiful and breathtaking, they are consumed with lust at adolescence, still killing their way through life…

I couldn’t read any farther. This didn’t explain anything. Only that I am a killer. I only live to kill and I had not even realized it. My heart was beating at an unprecedented rate; my breathing difficult. I felt woozy and slightly sick as I stood up, staggering my way inside, abandoning the wretched book.

So that is what I am. A sex-crazed teen. A winged creature. A killer.

I sank to my knees and cried until I could breathe no more.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

I will have Chapter 7 up in 2 weeks or so.
Then I go back to school >.<

Texkia26

Ok, kids, I have some bad news.
I can't post my story for a long while.
I have other stuff that needs to be dealt with at the moment.
I'm really sorry :(

Texkia26

Ok, well, I was gonna start writing again today, but it won't be up until like next week.
But don't worry, it will be posted :D

In the mean time though, I suggest you kids check out the band Caecelia.
They own.

Texkia26

Okay, a taste of what is to come:

“I need to die.”

“They’re mostly lies,” he said softly.

“I can’t do that,” I whimpered.

I am almost done with chapter 7.
I know it's not much, but I can't completely give it away.
I am so sorry it has taken me close to 3 weeks to actually get something to you kids.
I am almost done.
:D

shadow_heartless

Okay, a taste of what is to come:

“I need to die.”

I am almost done with chapter 7.
I know it's not much, but I can't completely give it away.
I am so sorry it has taken me close to 3 weeks to actually get something to you kids.
I am almost done.
:D

hm............sound awesome can wait for chapter 7^_^

Texkia26

Mmmkays.
You're allowed to be mad at me for being so slow at writing.
But I do have a life.

And to thank you for your patience, here are TWO chapters!
For the price of one.
Please enjoy =]

Chapter 7

“Sophia, come over here! You have to see this!”

The roaring sound of rushing water caught my attention as I followed my sister up a steep hill and through the trees. She turned and grabbed my hand, dragging me to a small cliff over looking a narrow valley. A concealed river of water cut through it, carving its path over the centuries. The bright sunshine spilled over my face and warmed my fingers.

“Isn’t it just so pretty, Sophie?”

It was. The sparkling water crashed endlessly over the cliff, and flowed seamlessly towards the ocean miles away. The sapphire sky hugged the mountain above us and stretched across the plains.

“It is, Amie. I love it.” I felt the wind blow down from the mountain, tangling my hair.

We sat and dangled our feet over the edge of the cliff as we memorized the view.
The mist from the waterfall clung to my body, sending slight shivers to my limbs.

“Sophia?”

“Yes?”

“We’re good people, aren’t we?”

“What do you mean?” I tuned to look at her. Eyes downcast, she was aimlessly drawing in the dirt.

“We have to hurt other people to stay alive, right?”

I nodded. She went on, “But we’re still good because we feel sorry about it, right?”

A lapse in my memory brought me back to this horrible new reality. I couldn’t even remember my own sister’s face; just a vague image of bright brown eyes and a sly smile. I so desperately wanted to believe I was a good person.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks, stood up, and sprinted out of my room. I dashed past Annette’s cousin and down the stairs. Hurtling through the kitchen, I burst outside; nearly throwing myself into Kian’s freshly waxed BMW.

“Kian?” I shrilled.

“What’s up?” He appeared from under the hood, a good number of grease marks streaked across his face.

“I need to die.”

“What? Why?” Suddenly, the color drained from his face. “You didn’t read that book, did you?”

I nodded, my stomach tightening in the most uncomfortable way.

Kian shook his head violently and tossed a blackened rag on the ground. “Come inside,” he ordered.

I followed meekly, twisting and untwisting my fingers. Kian washed his hands and I sat carefully in a chair. I stared at the tiled floor as I thought back to what I had read.

Strigoi; winged murderers able to live by killing

I suppressed my cringing as Kian sat next to me.

I shook my head.

“Yes they are,” he said with more force. “Think about who you kill.”

“Yes, you can. We subconsciously kill people who are really ready to die.”

“How is that good?”

“Their souls are grateful.”

I looked at him, curious to hear more.

“Now, think of what you enjoy: flying, being indestructible, and your good looks.”

“What does he mean by ‘Their wings are what bind them to what they are. Deep magic in the bodies seal their wings within, breaking out with the setting sun, overcoming their senses’?”

His laughed filled the quiet kitchen, startling me.

“Haven’t you ever noticed that we can’t fly during the day? Or that we don’t even seem to have wings while the sun is out?”

“No.” I shook my head slowly as my hand instinctively reached to where my wings are normally located. There was nothing there. It was as if I were human.

“And if you don’t know, there are two tattoos on your shoulder blades, directly above your wings. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some oil checking to do.”

Kian tugged on my ponytail and strode out of the kitchen. I sprang out of my chair and ran to the mirror in the foyer. I raised the back of my shirt and sure enough, there they were; two identical Celtic crosses sealing away my beloved wings. I turned around and examined my face. Am I really breathtakingly beautiful? Of course I am. I’m not human, and I am a bit vain. And lust? For Klaus, it’s a lifestyle, but for me, it’s just a thought. And I guess it is pretty cool being indestructible and whatnot. It’s an awesome adrenaline rush to leap from tall buildings and land without a scratch.

I walked through the foyer and out to where Kian was now cleaning the windows. I noticed the storms clouds gathering in the sky and said, “It going to rain on your shiny car.”

Kian looked at the remnants of the blue sky like he was willing it to banish the oncoming storm. “Why?” he asked.

I shook my head like I was really sad, but really, the situation was so predictable. Every time Kian washes his car, it rains, always. I watched Kian gather the bucket and brush and shuffle away, looking like a sad puppy. I took one last look at the dark blue clouds, stood up, and walked inside, not wanting to wait for the rain.

The sound of pounding footsteps and heart-wrenching sobs stopped me in the door frame.

“Kian, I think you should take cover,” I said as I watched Annette make her way through the now steadily falling raindrops.

Kian took one look at Annette and mumbled, “I sense a girl talk complete with tears coming on.”

He hurried away while I waited for my best friend.

Chapter 8

I set a steaming cup of tea in front of Annette as she gasped for breath. I said nothing when I sat across the table and waited patiently.

“He said he wanted to be ‘just friends’.” Annette rested her head on the table.

“Maybe he’ll change his mind,” I offered.

She sighed and sat up. “Oh, Sophia, I like him so much.”

“I know you do. He might come around.”

“Don’t go in there.” I heard someone whisper just outside the kitchen door.

“Why not,” Klaus asked at full volume and proceeded to waltz his way into the room.

He gasped dramatically. “Girl talk! Run away!”

He ran backwards and swung the door shut. I heard Kian telling Klaus off for being an idiot.

“You know, he could have stayed in here. I no longer feel the need to express my heartbrokenness. “

I tilted my head towards the door and called,” You guys can come in now. We’re done.”

Klaus poked his head in and stretched out a lanky arm and pointed at Annette. “She still has tears,” he hissed.

“Its not like I’m diseased or anything” Annette said loudly.

Kian shoved Klaus into the kitchen and glared at all of us.

“So what happened with you and Alaina?” I asked once Klaus sat down at our table.

“We sat on a bridge and we talked.”

I looked at the clock on the wall. “For three hours?”

He nodded, but said nothing. My curiosity was instantly heightened.

“What did you talk about?”

“Stuff.”

“Like what stuff?”

“Stuff stuff.”

I didn’t bother continuing. He wasn’t going to talk for some reason.

“Hey, what are we gonna eat for dinner?” Kian asked.

“Food.” Klaus said.

“What kind of food?”

“Good food.”

Kian looked in the fridge. We barely have anything worth consuming.

“From where?” he asked.

“Not here,” Klaus snickered.

Kian threw his shoe at his brother. “Stop being such a smartass, and help me think of something. I’m starving.”

Klaus thought for a moment. “I’ve got nothing.”

“Then shut up.”

The rest of the day passed completely uneventfully, until we realized Millie and Lena haven’t come home all day.

“Should we be worried?” Klaus asked.

“I don’t think so. They’re big girls and they can look out for themselves,” I said. “Now, if we lost you we would be worried about the human population of Venice. They don’t deserve having you running around and terrorizing them.”

“But I already do that five times a week,” he countered.

“But you always come home.”

“True.”

“In any case, I’m gonna go and look for them.” Kian said while he put on a jacket.

“I’ll come with you.” Annette hurried out of the house and into the rain.

“Well, I guess I’ll go get some food,” Klaus sighed.

“Can we trust you?” Annette said suspiciously.

“Of course you can. I am a chef!”

Like that makes any difference I thought.

“I’m going to be alone?” I can’t stay home alone. I get paranoid.

“You want to go in the rain,” Kian asked.

“No,” I whimpered.

“You’ll be fine for a little while,” Annette assured me.

Kian, Annette, and Klaus left at once.

And then I was alone.

I bolted from the kitchen and quickly locked all the doors and windows on the first and second floors.

I reached the third floor and was hit by a wall of cold air that constricted my lungs. I looked down the length of the hallway. The window was open. The rain was pouring in.

And Death was walking towards me.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back