• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Even Fairy Tale Characters Would Be Jealous

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texkia26

Thanks for your patience, kids.
And I'll have the next one up by next week.
My personal life is really busy at the moment with my job, my family, and everything else :D

Texkia26

Ok, short update:
My birthday was 2 days ago, so that took up a lot of writing time.
My cousins are gone, and I'm only working 3 times this week, so I'll be able to write more.
But my boyfriend is in the hospital and I've been worried about him, but he'll be fine.
So, I have about 4 paragraphs written for Chapter 5 and it will be up sometime next week or sooner, ok?
I'm sorry for keeping you kids waiting for so long.

Texkia26

Haha, thanks.
Ok, so I don't have to work this week.
And I bought a new notebook so I can keep writing. (Don't ask why, but I have to write in a small notebook before typing a story.)
And I have new ideas for my story that will make it even better,
Hooray!
Be excited!
:D

Texkia26

I finally finished it!
Thanks for your patience kids.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Chapter 5

“Where’s Klaus,” I asked Kian.

“Talking to her.” He replied, looking behind him.

I looked around and saw Klaus talking to a redheaded strigoi. He was standing in front of her, hands in his pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels and smiling shyly.

Redhead was smiling, too, and twirling her long hair around her finger, looking very cheerful.

Klaus is not touching this girl, and this girl was not hanging all over him.

Oh my God, I thought, they like each other.

Once Lena and Mille were located and everyone was accounted for, we stepped back into the cool night.

The shivery air sent goose bumps racing across my body, but the enticing breeze did not sooth my pounding head. My hair clings to my sweaty neck and face, adding to my discomfort. A wave of drowsiness sweeps over me, making me want to just lie down and sleep right there in the middle of the street. But it is not possible at the moment. I have to make sure Annette gets home safely. We will have a long talk tomorrow, regardless of how severe her hangover will be. For now, though, she barely drags her feet, pining about Dante’s fictitious hatred.

I could feel him. The pleasantly cool air turned frigid with his presence. I stopped walking and shifted Annette so she didn’t have to lean on me so much. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a marble white statue standing behind the corner of a costume shop. I did a double take. I’ve seen this statue before, but not here. It’s at our house, on the third floor near Annette’s room, the statue of her distant cousin. But something was horribly off. The statue here had dead, black hair, a chalky white face, and dark purple shadows under his eyes. He blinked and stared at me, blood lust in his cold, black eyes. My breathing stopped. My heartbeat quickened. The hair on the back of my neck rose and I spread my wings. I was staring into the face of a ravenously hungry vampire; one willing to kill anything in reach.

Annette seemed to know something was wrong for she slipped from my grip and staggered backwards, staring in fear at the vicious killer before us. The vampire reached his marble white hands out for me, and for some unexplainable reason, I could not move. The sweet scent of freesia and cherry blossoms filled my nose and my thoughts clouded over. Maybe he’s not all bad, I thought.

“Soapy,” Annette whimpered from behind me, her voice distant.

He came closer, or I was drawn in. I couldn’t tell. All I wanted was to be immersed in that euphoria forever.

“Soapy,” Annette repeated her voice seemingly stronger.

He came even closer. The sweet scent turned stale and my head cleared. His icy hands were closing around my arms. He was leaning in; those forbidden teeth looming inches from the frail skin of my neck.

“SOPHIA,” Annette screamed.

Everyone heard her. I mean everyone. Humans and strigoi both raced towards me, but it was too late. The vampire left me, sitting on the ground, finally breathing again, adrenaline and terror coursing through my veins.

“Where did he go,” someone asked. I looked up to see Kian’s face mere inches from mine, as white as the vampire’s.

“I don’t know,” I whispered, barely able to speak.

“We have to get out of here, now.”

He grabbed my arms and pulled me up to my feet. He let go of my arms, but I was shaking so uncontrollably, I fell right back down. He helped me up again, but held on to me as he steadied Annette. At least she could walk on her own now.

“You’re going to be safe now,” Kian said softly, gently holding me by my waist.

I could only nod. I felt so weak and tired. Luckily, our house was just a few more steps away. I could hear Klaus talking to the crowd of humans and strigoi, explaining that I had simply fainted and just needed rest. I know only the strigoi will know what really happened.

Then everything went silent.

I wake up not knowing where I am. I open my eyes and see more darkness, but I am surrounded by my stuffed animal fort. I rolled slowly over and realize I am still in my dress. My bed felt so warm, I started drifting back to sleep.

“You said you would be here.”

A floor lamp turned on, but not by itself. Dakirai sat in my chair, looking at the light pink carpet of my room. He looked depressed.

“I went out for a while and lost track of time,” I mumbled.

“That’s evident.”

I paused for a moment. I looked at him and realized I had hurt him without meaning to.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“You’ll be forgiven if you do one thing for me,” he said, turning to me.

“What’s that,” I asked, sitting up.

He stood and walked to my bed. He sat on the edge and looked into my eyes with his pretty blue eyes. He slipped his hand into mine.

He leaned close to me and whispered softly in my ear, “Let me be your boyfriend.”

I grinned widely. Why? I could not explain.

“Okay.”

His kissed my cheek in the tenderest way possible. I blushed fiercely.

“That’s a very pretty dress by the way,” he complemented.

“Thanks. It’s a Versace original.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t speak Girl very well.”

“Versace is a very famous designer. I wear a lot of name brand and designer clothes. Mostly Chanel, Juicy Couture, and Anna Sui.”

“Well, I have no idea what you mean by that, but its okay. You don’t have to explain it,” Dakirai smiled an enchanting smile that made my nerves all jittery.

“Does anyone know you are here,” I managed to ask.

“The Santa kid or maybe his twin, I can’t tell them apart.”

“I’ll bet Kian knows you’re here. He knows everything.” I smiled at him.

“You are just so cute.”

I looked down and squeezed his hand. Then I yawned involuntarily.

“You need to sleep. I’ll come back in the morning.” Dakirai kissed my cheek once more before disappearing into the night. But not before turning off my floor lamp, bathing my room in comfortable darkness.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

I hope this was worth the wait.
:D

Last edited:

Sea Monkey

That was an amazing update Texy! you have a great skill in writing stories! It was very suspenseful. I really liked how you were able to mix in romance and suspense in the same chapter. Good Work

♥ Sea Monkey

Texkia26

Chapter 6 Pt. 1

I was not quite awake when I heard my door open and close. Moments later, I felt Kitty jump onto my bed and walk cautiously towards my hand. She sniffed my hand and my arm, and then licked my cheek with her rough tongue. It took all my early morning strength to raise my hand to stroke Kitty from her head to the tip of her tail. She purred loudly as she settled down next to me and groomed herself.

I could now feel the sunlight spilling into my room, illuminating everything of treasure to me. My queen sized bed, the Renaissance-style writing desk in the far corner next to the French double doors the led to the balcony overlooking the Grand Canal and the rest of Venice. In short, I live like a princess on her own island of charm.

Almost everything that occupied my sleeping quarters was pink, black, white, and gold and either made of pure gold, hand carved mahogany, or the finest French and Chinese silk available; a sign of my luxuriously lavish lifestyle. My duvet is made of raven colored Chinese silk with a thick diagonal stripe of light pink cashmere, bordered with gold threads. The sheets, on the other hand, are soft cotton as far as I know, but they are the color of faded red roses. The canopy above my bed was, of course, black Chinese silk with pink-gold roses scattered across the length of the silken fabric.

And everything matches. The floor, covered in light pink carpet, complements the black, gold, and white walls. The sunlight hit the crystal chandelier, scattering glittering ribbons of light across my room.

Before I could drift back to sleep, I heard some tapping noises on the doors to my balcony. I opened one eye to try and see who the idiot was, but the sun was too blinding. Thus, forcing me to roll over until my feet dangled off the edge of my bed. I pushed myself up and firmly planted my feet to the floor. In a short time, I was walking to let my intruder in. I saw that it was Dakirai and I hastily unlocked the door, but I never got the chance to let him in myself. He bounded inside and threw his arms around me and held me close.

“I missed you,” he whispered.

“You were just here a few hours ago,” I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck. I won’t tell him, but I missed him as well.

“I know, but I still missed you.”

I liked this feeling, being in his arms. It felt warm and safe, like nothing bad would ever happen to me if he was holding me. It felt right.

“You do know we have a front door, right?” I said as I gently pulled away from him.

“Well, yeah, but climbing up the wall and knocking on the door is a lot more fun.”

“Whatever floats your boat, I guess. And no one knows you’re here, right?”

He nodded and looked around my room and made a face. “Does the rest of your house look as girly as this?”

I laughed out loud. “If it did, Kian would go into shock, Klaus would cry, and Annette would be in heaven.”

“How can you tell the twins apart,” Dakirai asked once he sat on my bed.

“Klaus is the one with the snakebites and Kian has the eyebrow ring and pierced tongue. Can you please take off your shoes?” Call it obsessively compulsive, but I like having a clean room.

“Sure,” he said as he slid his shoes off.

“Do you mind waiting here for a few minutes? I need a shower.” I was already making my way through my vast closet, looking for some clothes. I decided on a white Luella skirt and light blue Bluemarine long sleeved shirt.

“Just stay right there,” I ordered.

“Okie dokie.”

I honestly tried to be quick but, I’m just so slow at getting up and moving in the morning. Showering took me much longer than needed and my hair was an angry ocean of waves that desperately needed to be calmed. But for now, I had to make do with a simple ponytail until I had more time to tend to my hair. I pulled on my clothes, swiftly brushed my teeth, and walked out of the bathroom. Dakirai was waiting patiently for me.

“Ok, so it will be awkward if everyone sees you come downstairs with me. So why don’t you jump out my window and I’ll meet you at the front door,” I said.

“So it’s okay if I stay for a while,” he asked, smiling widely.

I nodded. He walked towards me and very gently placed his hands on either side of my face.

“You look just so adorable,” he murmured. He leaned in close and I forgot how to breathe.

“You think so?” I barely uttered the words.

He answered with the sweetest kiss that made my heart jump around wildly. He seems a little forward, but it just felt right.

And all too soon, he backed away, releasing my face. My heart would not settle down.

“Yes, I really think so.” He turned away and hopped over the balcony.

My mind was strangely blank as I walked through the hallway. Something white caught my eye; something sinisterly white. I looked up and stumbled back a few steps in terror. It was that statue of Annette’s cousin. Cold emptiness crept up my arms and coursed through my body, freezing me to the spot.

“Sophia?”

I jumped and screamed at the sound.

“Are you okay,” Annette asked with concern.

“Y-yeah,” I stammered. I scrambled to my feet and looked up at the statue. From what I could tell, this person was once a very good-looking strigoi. The lively smile was a dead giveaway.

“Why did he come after me?”

“I can’t really say. I never knew him personally, so I don’t know how he could ever be associated with any of us.”

The chills continued to settle in my arms when the doorbell rang, reminding me of Dakirai. I could hear Klaus walking through the front hall towards the door.

“Oh no,” I groaned as I bolted down the stairs, Annette a step behind me.

“What is wrong with you this morning?”

After sprinting downwards for two and a half flights of stairs, I stopped in my tracks; Annette crashed into me and nearly knocked me flat on my face.

“You’re really strange sometimes. Oh, let’s watch this.” Annette smirked and made me sit with her on the stairs. I could see Dakirai standing just outside the doorframe and Klaus staring at him, chugging a glass of orange juice.

“Hi there,” Dakirai said.

Klaus just stood there.

“Hey, isn’t that your stalker?” Annette glanced at me.

I sighed. “He’s my boyfriend now.”

“No way! Since when?”

“Since last night. He snuck in to my room while I was sleeping and can we talk about this later?”

She ignored me. “Has he hugged you?”

A small smile made an appearance on my face. “Well, yes.”

Annette’s chocolate-brown eyes grew mischievous. “Has he kissed you?”

I flushed pink and I grinned hugely. I nodded.

“You like him! I think you two look cute together,” she squealed.

“Thanks. Can we save him from Klaus now?”

“Well, sure, but what should we do? I mean, Klaus is basically harmless; he just talks too much sometimes.”

“Exactly.”

I inclined my head to the right so I could see Dakirai more clearly. His expression made him look like he was trying to understand the philosophies behind quantum physics. And Klaus was waving his empty orange juice glass around, going on some long winded rant about (for an unknown reason) bunnies.

Dakirai interrupted him, saying, “Is Sophia around?”

Klaus looked taken aback. “Yes, hang on.”

He turned on his heel and took a step towards the stairs and yelled, “Sophia, your stalker is here!”

I stood up, my face burning. “Yes, I know that.”

“What are you doing on the stairs?”

“Nothing.” I glared at Klaus as I stomped towards Dakirai, ignoring Annette as she wiped away tears of laughter.

Dakirai took a tentative step inside and I motion for him to follow me past a bemused Klaus and a giggling Annette. We strode into the kitchen to find Kian engaged in a gruesome fight with the gas stove. Lena and Millie were cheering him on, but sadly, he was losing. He had several burns on his hands and the air smelled like burnt hair. Watching Kian battle the stove was much like watching Klaus try to change a light bulb. You felt like you should do something, yet, it was much more fun to watch them suffer a bit.

I took hold of Dakirai’s hand and walked him to the table and sat down him down with me.

“Should we do something,” he asked me quietly. Kian’s shirt had just caught fire.

“Nope,” I smiled. Dakirai still looked a bit concerned.

“Look, he’s perfectly capable of handling a stove. You should have seen Klaus try to change the light bulb. I was worried then. Trust me, there’s nothing to worry about now. We’ll worry when the kitchen goes up in flames.”

Dakirai glanced at the clock on the wall above the door. “I’m sorry, but I have to leave. I won’t be able to see you again until tomorrow.”

A heavy sadness settled in my heart. I didn’t want him to leave just yet. He could see it on my face.

“I’ll come back tomorrow, okay?” He hugged me tightly and then walked out of the kitchen, past a curious looking Klaus and a wide-eyed Annette.

I missed him and his blue eyes and wacky hair already.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Part 2 coming soon :D

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Great chapter the best so far in the series yet, keep up the excellent work.

Sea Monkey

“Well, sure, but what should we do?” I mean, Klaus is basically harmless; he just talks too much sometimes.”

Best ever Texy, my dear sister!

^^That just needs a bit of editing and thats it. The quotation after the question mark shouldn't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back