• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Even Fairy Tale Characters Would Be Jealous

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texkia26

A story I have been working on.
Please tell me what you think of it, and I will continue posting the rest of the story :D

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Chapter 1

We live in a world of secrets to be taken to our graves. A world where a person's bloodline is valued more then a person's character. We live in luxurious homes where dark secrets loom at every hidden corner. We own the night life and everyone old enough reeks of lust and wine.

I am one of these mysterious people. I have my own secrets. I live in the grandest mansion in Venice, Italy and roam the streets with my posse. I am the object of men's desires. I sound like a princess with loyal subjects to attend to my every whim. But I am no real princess. My mother and father both vanished and left me on my own. I am respect solely because of who my ancestors were. I was born into a family of aristocrats and vengeful enigmas. All because I am a vampire; hated and feared by the human society.

Humans do not know everything about us, but they like to think they do. They do not know that we are almost normal humans during the day, but when night falls, something happened to us. We are consumed by an unstoppable urge to feast on whatever blood we find. We become they terror of the night and the rulers of the sky. And nightfall is where my story begins.

“Aren’t you going to get ready, Sophia,” Annette asked.

I was standing by the large window in the library, looking out over the city at the sinking sun when I heard Annette’s question.

“I am ready.”

“You’re in your jammies. “

“What’s wrong with them?”

“You’re half naked and Klaus will be all over you if you don’t get dressed.” Annette sounded annoyed.

“What’s got you all worked up?” I began walking toward my bedroom.

“Oh nothing. It’s just that Klaus is constantly surrounded by women and showered with affection by the most desperate girls I have ever seen in my life.”

“And you are saying this because?” I looked at her and raised my eyebrows.

“Because they are annoying,” Annette huffed.

“You’re not jealous now, are you,” I teased. I knew very well that she had a boyfriend.

“Ok, first of all, I have no reason to be jealous. Second, you are the one with the jealousy issues. Not me. It’s no mystery why you can’t keep a boyfriend.”

I rolled my eyes and strolled into my bedroom. I quickly shut the door leaving Annette to wallow in her own problems. I took a long drink of water to quench my thirst before my night out. I glanced at myself in the mirror. My pink and black hair flowed over my shoulders and cascaded down my back. My bright brown eyes shine a truth I wish to hide. They tell of my slightly troubled life and secret depression.

The setting sun brought me out of my wandering thoughts and I felt a stabbing pain just below my shoulders. Quickly, I got dressed and rushed up to the mansion’s rooftop. As I sprinted down the long, dark hall, I smacked into something. I thought I collided with a wall, but I looked up to see Kian, Klaus’s identical twin brother, looking a bit dazed.

Once he recovered from the sudden blow to his torso, he asked, “Are you ok there?”

“Oh, yes, I’m fine.” I felt the sharp pain in my shoulders grow more intense. I winced.

“Come on, let’s hurry and meet the others,” Kian said. I nodded and we took off together and reached the roof just as the sun disappeared below the horizon.

Everyone, me, Annette, Kian, Klaus and his admirers Lena and Millie, waited. The pain in my shoulders was becoming rapidly unbearable. I looked at the others and I could tell the pain was getting to them too. Without another thought, I charged toward the edge of the building and leapt off, willing to spread my black wings and fly away. In an instant, I was completely airborne, feeling the cool night air engulf me and awaken my strigoi senses. I was on the hunt.

I could just barely hear my friends take flight as I had just done, but we always flew in separate directions. I headed towards the center of the city, looking for an unsuspecting victim. But before I could choose one, I flew around the city several times; just taking in the joy and unbridled freedom of flying.

After an hour of circling the city, I choose the home of a particularly plump, middle-aged man whose blood will keep me satisfied for at least three days. The window to his room was locked shut. Nothing major, I told myself as I sat down on the balcony and waited for the man to fall asleep so I could break into the house unnoticed. And so, I sat down and looked at the stars, looking for the one I claimed as my own when I was just a child in the Romanian wilderness.

Several hours later, I saw the lights in the room turn off. Finally, I thought. I was about to fly off to look for someone else, but my patience paid off. I ran my fingers along the top of the window, feeling for the lock. Once I found it, I broke it off and slid the window open and walked right in without making a sound.

When it came to drinking a man’s blood, there are many techniques at my disposal. I could seduce him like Annette does. She and I are pros at the manipulation of men. What sane man can resist a beautiful girl in their room? Another was to break the victim’s neck, paralyzing them, and then biting them, allowing them to die slowly. This was my preferred method. Because I have no soul, I do not care if they suffer or not.

I silently glided towards the man and slowly raised my arm. With all of my strength, I punched him in the neck, hearing a loud, sickening crack. To my satisfaction, the man jerked awake and looked at me with his frightened eyes. And I know the thought of what was happening to him terrified him. I lunged down and sank my teeth deep into his thick neck. The taste of his warm blood was tantalizing.

I sat up after a long drink and looked around the room. I decided to relax for a bit. He wasn’t going anywhere and no one was expecting me home for another couple of hours. Then someone caught my eye. Someone. That made me hide behind that man’s bulging middle so I would not be found. It was a good thing I am a very petite strigoi. The mysterious figure slowly climbed inside the room. Whoever they were, they had wings. Another strigoi was invading my territory and they were going to pay with their life. But first, I had to make sure the person wasn’t one of my friends. They were not oddly tall like Klaus or Kian, and they definitely were not Annette, Millie, or Lena. This person was a total stranger and they did not know I was going to pounce. But I never got the chance.

“I know you’re there,” he said as he turned on a lamp. “I saw your wings twitch.”

Damn my wings. I slowly looked up at him. He was fixing his tie. “You’d best leave before I kill you,” I threatened.

“You know you can’t kill a vampire. Not really anyway.” He looked at me. He had the prettiest blue eyes I had ever seen.

“Can you just please leave so I can finish in peace?”

The mysterious boy shrugged, turned off the lamp, and left. Just like that. I glanced at the clock; 2:37 AM. Then something occurred to me. How long had he been watching me? I quickly drained the now long dead man of his blood and jumped out the window, landing softly on the street below. I began my walk home, like I always did, when I heard someone run up behind me. The person put their hand over my mouth and grabbed my arm, not letting me run or fly away.

“Please calm down. I won’t hurt you.” I recognized the soft voice, but I could not put a name with it. Then I saw who it was. The blue eyed boy I met just 5 minutes ago. He had obviously been waiting for me.

Once he finally let me go, I whispered angrily, “Why were you following me?”

Mr. Blue Eyes looked at me and said, “Well, I just wanted to say ‘hi’ and I wanted to tell you I think you are really pretty and I like your hair.”

“A lot of people think I am pretty. You have said nothing to impress me, if that is what you are trying to do.”

“I’m not trying, I’m just saying.”

“I’m going home then. Have a nice night,” I said, returning to my walk home.

He called out, “What’s your name?”

Without turning around, I softly yelled, “Sophia.”

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Your thoguhts?
Please be nice :D

Texkia26

Why thank you.

And yes. I did not read what forum I was posting this in.

My bad.

It will be moved by the Mods soon :D

Cicero

Visionary
Hmm, nice story. Its the first story in a while that didn't get on my nerves while reading it, you have good grammar and know how to write a story properly. Well, that's how I see it. Keep writing please. =)

Btw, what's the song on your myspace called? xP I fairly much like it. o_O

Texkia26

Its called "Decipher Reflections from Reality" by PlayRadioPlay!

And Chapter 2 won't go up for a while.

I have a life to deal with at the moment, but have faith.

It will be posted :D

Last edited:

Haku

<3
You have a very original writing style and you have a great discription of details, can't wait to read what happens next!

Cicero

Visionary
Lol, now I've looked up some songs of PlayRadioPlay! I see you got the name the fic from a song too. =P

Anyway, I'll stop spamming your thread now, see you with the next chapter. =)

Texkia26

Alrighty, I'm gonna post this, just to see what people think of it.
If the people don't like it, I'll stop posting.

Chapter 2

The next morning found Klaus and me sitting at our favorite café waiting for our usual morning fuel to be delivered by the same stupidly optimistic waiter, Steve.

“Here are your drinks! You look lovely today, Sophia.” Steve practically threw our precious caffeinated drinks at Klaus’s head he was so excited today.

“Thanks, Steve,” I replied flatly.

“OHMYGODCAFFINE!” Klaus was now awake; really awake. He turned to Steve. “I really like caffeine, you know.”

I watched Steve the Waiter back away slowly.

“You are so weird,” I laughed before taking a sip of my beloved frappuccino.

“No, just different. Please, continue your story about your stalker.”

I was telling him about Mr. Blue Eyes before being interrupted by Steve the Waiter.

“Well, there isn’t much left to say. I have no idea what he did once I told him my name and left for home.”

“Did you ask for his name?”

“No.”

Klaus cleared his throat and sat taller in his chair. “You certainly are a rude person.”

“Excuse me?!” I was honestly shocked!

“I think it’s a courteous thing to ask for someone’s name after they’ve asked for yours.” Klaus looked at me as if I had been living under a rock my entire life.

I was about to tell him his theory was a little backwards when I saw him. Mr. Blue Eyes. Only, he looked a bit different. His hair was wickedly curly. Last night, it had obviously been straightened. He caught me staring, and he smiled at me. Without thinking, I smiled back. Klaus saw me smiling and turned around. Mr. Blue Eyes walked toward our table.

“Morning, Sophia and her friend, can I sit here?”

“Sure,” Klaus said.

The boy sat down and I asked him, “And what might your name be?”

“Dakirai. And you are,” he asked Klaus.

“I’m Santa.”

Dakirai looked at me. “His name is Klaus and we have to leave now so have a nice day.”

“Can I take you to lunch, Sophia,” Dakirai asked out of the blue.

I hesitated. Here was this Dakirai kid asking me on a date even when he knew almost nothing about me.

“Well, I’m kinda busy today, but maybe I’ll see you around town,” I said. With that, Klaus and I turned to leave.

Back at the house, Klaus took the liberty of telling everyone about what was going on.

“He is a strigoi, right,” Millie asked.

“Is he cute,” Annette questioned.

“You should go with him,” Kian said.

Ignoring all of their questions and comments, I grabbed Annette’s hand and dragged her to my room, brining Millie and Lena along.

“This Dakirai kid was stalking me last night and now I’m going to have lunch with him, I think,” I said.

“So what? Just go with him. He might be a nice kid or he might be a bunch of bullshit,” Annette said.

“But he has to have our approval,” Lena exclaimed.

“Most definitely,” Millie agreed.

“Well,” they asked in unison.

“Well what? I’ll go with him, but I can’t say that anything is going to happen.”

“That is a weak excuse. What you need to realize is that he’s cute, you’re on the market, and that you forget the past and you enjoy yourself for once.” Annette smiled.

I looked at my friends. Finally, I said, “Fine, I will go, but I never told him where I live or what time to meet or where to go.”

“You told him you might see him around town, right,” Millie asked. I nodded. “Then just make yourself look absolutely adorable and go for a walk.”

I smiled for the first time since I came home. “Sounds like a plan.”

After the girls left, I sat down in front of my mirror and took a look at myself while deciding what to wear. Most people only see me as a pretty face with boys worshipping the very ground I walk on. I couldn’t help but wonder if Dakirai only walked to hang out with me because I’m pretty. But then again, I was always willing to give someone a chance. And the more I thought about the idea of going out with a near stranger, just to see what he was like, the more I liked it. So I braided my long hair into two pigtails, put on my favorite skirt, found Klaus’s dog, Natasha, and walked out of the house and headed toward the center of Venice, Natasha at my side.

The sun was shining brightly overhead, making the water in the canals glisten and sparkle. Kids played soccer in the narrow streets and people were weaving in and out of stores saying hellos to their friends and neighbors. To some strigoi, this was a sickening sight. But to me, the city looked beautiful.

Natasha and I made our way to the town square, crossing over the canals along the way. All the while, taking in the sights and sounds of my beloved city.

“Hey Sophia!”

I looked ahead to see Dakirai waving and walking to ward me. I waved back and ran towards him with Natasha speeding forward.

“Hello! How are you,” I asked him.

“I’m great. You?” Dakirai reached down a rubbed Natasha’s head.

“Splendid. I want to get some gelato, so we are going to my favorite gelato store!” I grabbed his hand and started walking before he could answer.

“So tell me, do you normally walk around in the middle of the night after drinking an old man’s blood,” Dakirai asked.

“Yes I do. I enjoy the peaceful serenity of the night. It’s nice to relax after ‘drinking an old man’s blood’”

“You know that’s not very safe.”

“Yeah especially when you have someone stalking you.”

Dakirai chuckled and smiled. “I just wanted to say hi! And why are you skipping?”

“Because I’m happy,” I smiled.

Dakirai began skipping along with me as he held my hand. To everyone around us, we must have looked like the happiest couple in the city.

We reached my favorite gelato shop while people continued to stare at us. Once we stopped skipping, I made Natasha sit outside and wait patiently for us.

“She’s a good girl if she’s going to sit here and wait,” Dakirai said.

“Klaus and Kian trained her very well,” I explained.

“Who is Kian?”

“Klaus’s twin and one of my best friends; Klaus, Kian and I live together n the same house.” I looked up to see Dakirai’s horrified face. I quickly added, “My other friends Lane, Millie, and Annette live with us, too.”

“Do anyone’s parents live with you kids?”

“Not really. The house we are living in is owned by one of Annette’s uncles. And Klaus’ and Kian’s parents come and visit every once in a while.”

“What about Lena and Millie?”

“They’re runaways.” I slapped my hand over my mouth as soon as I said that. “You’re not supposed to know that,” I whispered.

“It’s okay. I won’t turn them in,” Dakirai promised.

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. Was he really expecting me to trust him? I decided to just be careful. “Okay then.”

“And what about you?”

“What about me?”

“Where do you come from? What’s your story,” he asked.

“I’m from Romania and I have two brothers and a sister. My older brother lives in Ireland and my younger brother and sister still live in Romania. My parents are gone and sometimes I visit my sister. But I don’t like my little brother too much.”

“Why?”

“He’s annoying,” I said as I stepped up to the counter.

“The usual?” I smiled when I saw who it was. It was Dante, Annette’s lover.

“You got it, Skittle Lips,” I smirked.

Dante glared to me and said, “Annette is the only one allowed to call me that. Didn’t she tell you?”

“She might have. If you give me two orders of my usual chocolate and coconut gelato, I’ll leave you alone.”

“Ah, who’s your new beau?”

Dakirai stepped closer to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I just know my cheeks turned a light shade of pink as I smiled shyly.

“I’m Dakirai. It’s nice to meet you.”

Dante handed our gelato to us. “And I’m Dante. Enjoy your gelato and take good care of Sophia.”

“No worries. She’ll be happy with me.”

Dakirai and I waved good-bye after paying for our snacks and walked outside in the bright sunlight and stopped at a small stone bridge to sit and eat our gelato.

“Tell me, Dakirai, what do you like to do?”

“That’s a bit vague, don’t you think?” He was struggling to keep Natasha away from his face. I giggled into my hand and called her over to me. Dakirai continued, “Well, I like to play my guitar and I’m the lead singer in my band.”

“You’re in a band,” I asked excitedly. I’m always had a thing for guys with a guitar.” As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt my face get really hot. I looked at Dakirai out of the corner of my eye. He was smiling.

Natasha suddenly sped off towards Klaus and Kian, who were being closely followed by a gaggle of fan girls I didn’t recognize. Natasha jumped into Kian’s arms and Klaus rubbed her head.

“Look who it is! It’s Niña and that one kid whose name has escaped me,” Klaus said once he spotted us.

Kian looked up and smiled. “Sophia, Annette needs your help with something. She didn’t tell me what it was, but she needs you soon. We’ll meet you at home.” Kian and Klaus continued on their walk to the house.

“I should get going then,” I said, standing up.

“So soon,” Dakirai asked, disappointment written all over his face.

“Come over tonight. You can meet all of my friends then! I live in that big house just around the corner.” I pointed down the street.

“Alright, I’ll be there,” he said happily. He stood up and hugged me good-bye.

I could hardly wait for him to come visit.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Your thoughts?

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Very good! I like it, its one the best I've ever seen. There could be a little more description but, not much. I wish I could get mine like this, and also could you read mine, Lost Hearts?(link in sig)

Last edited:

Texkia26

Well, since I have nothing else to do.

Chapter 3 (part 1)

“Annette! Annette! Annette! Where are you?”

I ran through the front door screaming for Annette to tell her what happened.

I raced up three flights of stairs. I could not fly because I know my wings would inevitably break something of value to Annette’s family, like a fragile vase or ancient tapestry.

I reached the door to her room and began banging on the door so much force, the paintings that hung on the wall shook.

“What,” Annette screeched when she answered my loud calls.

“Kian said you needed me,” I said calmly.

Annette looked down the hall then pulled me into her room, slamming the door behind me.

“You wanna know what that stupid jerk face Finian said about me,” she hissed through her teeth. Finian was a boy Annette had the biggest crush on, but he went and broke her heart when he said he did not feel like dating her.

“Oh please share. And don’t leave anything out,” I said as I made myself comfortable by sitting on her bed in anticipation of her merciless anger.

“Mind if I use some colorful language,” she asked.

I shook my head.

“Well, that crazy son of a bitch Finian was talking to Arianna when he asked ‘How long do you think Annette and Dante are going to last?’ I want to kill him, Sophia! That low lying bastard needs to be buried alive.”

“I think we should shove his face in a blender and make him drink what we made with his face,” I said. My stomach churned at the gruesome thought.

“What makes him think he can go around saying shit like that?”

“I don’t know.” It decided it was best to let Annette vent her anger before I offer my advice. It was much easier to get through to her when she wasn’t fuming over some boy.

“Why can’t he just let me and Dante have some happiness?”

“Because he’s jealous,” I yawned.

Annette didn’t seem to hear me. Once she started muttering to herself, I felt it was time to leave her alone.

I walked out of her room and down the hallway. I reached above my head and stretched my arms when I heard a loud grumbling coming from my empty stomach. That gelato did not satisfy my hunger for long.

I started toward the stairs when I spotted my cat, Kitty, hiding behind a life-sized marble statue of what seemed to be one of Annette’s distant cousins.

“Are you hiding from Natasha or Klaus?” I knelt down and held out my arms. I stood up once she was nestled in the safety of my embrace.

“Let’s go get some food and annoy Klaus.” Kitty meowed softly and licked my collar bone.

I burst through the kitchen door and set Kitty on the floor.

“Can you make anymore noise,” Millie asked from the table.

“Yeah probably,” I laughed. I looked at the fridge to find Klaus crouched down with one hand holding a small light bulb and the other one scratching his head.

“What are you doing,” I asked slowly.

Klaus sighed. “I'm trying to change the light bulb in the fridge. I’m tired of having to blindly look for my food and when I do find something, it’s not what I wanted!” Klaus threw his free hand up and accidentally punched the fridge.

“Well, once you figure it out, tell me,” I said even though I haven’t given the burned out light bulb much thought.

“Sure…”

I reached over his head and grabbed the milk. I pulled out a spoon, a bowl, and poured myself some Lucky Charms. I sat down next to Millie and watched Klaus attempt to fix something rather than break something.

“What was Annette so upset about,” Millie asked me.

“Something Finian said,” I managed to say through a mouthful of cereal. “She was so mad, she quit listening to me and started talking to herself.

“You should have seen her when she came home. Now that was scary,” Klaus called from the depths of the refrigerator. He sat up and continued. “All I did was say a nice hello and she exploded on me saying I was bothering her.” After saying this, he returned to his daunting task.

“She’ll calm down soon,” I said with a smile.

“I hope so. At any rate, I’d hate to be her victim tonight,” Millie said.

“That reminds me, is anyone staying home with me tonight?”

“Kian is, I think,” Klaus stated as he stood up and looked at his accomplishment. “Look! I fixed it!” He jumped up and down in excitement.

At that precise moment, Kian, Annette, and Lena walked into the kitchen to see Klaus hopping around like a little kid who had just found out that Christmas would be coming early.

“No way. He fixed something?” Kian looked astonished and gaped at his twin in disbelief.

“That’s his one accomplishment for this lifetime,” Lena smiled.

“Nice going, Klaus.” Annette plopped herself down in a chair and glared at everyone. She was still in a very sour mood.

I turned toward Kian and asked, “Are you staying home tonight?”

“Sure am. And you’re staying too, I presume.”

“Yep, Dakirai said he’d come over later tonight, too.” I smiled.

Annette shot me a look as if to say, "I'm going to murder you and your kids.".

“It’ll only be a short visit,” I added quickly.

She turned away and scowled at the floor.

Everyone was silent until Kitty let out a fierce yowl of hunger. Klaus and Kian both jumped and whirled around.

“You let that thing in here,” Klaus snarled. Klaus and Kian loathed all cats, not just Kitty.

“Why yes I did and you two will do nothing about it,” I said in a snide voice. I walked past them and poured Kitty her food.

“And if you do anything to hurt Kitty, I will tell your mother.”

Klaus’s eyes bugged out and Kian’s jaw dropped.

“You wouldn’t,” Kian said in a horrified whisper.

I nodded and smirked at them. The only person they were really afraid of was their mother.

“Oh she would,” Klaus said while looking warily at Kitty.

I moved in front of them and put my hands on my hips. I heard Lena and Millie snicker behind me. I didn’t hear Annette, but I was sure she cracked a small smile.

Klaus looked at his imaginary watch and said, “Look at the time. I better head up to the roof now.” Klaus sprinted out of the kitchen.

“We might as well go, too,” Lena said, following Klaus.

“We will see you kids way later,” Millie said as she waved good-bye.

Annette merely stalked away without looking at me or Kian.

“She’ll be fine,” he reassured me.

I shrugged and put my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher.

“Wanna go watch some TV?” Kian took a few steps toward the door to the family room.

“Sure.” I had nothing else to do except await Dakirai’s arrival.

We shuffled into the next room and flopped down onto the sleek leather couch. Kian turned on the big screen TV and immediately immersed himself in a rerun of Jeopardy!.

I, however, was not inclined to watch a game show. I looked out the nearest window. The stars twinkled brightly and the moon glowed with gaudy ambition. Although I was not on the hunt for blood, I could not ignore the need to prowl the night.

“Let’s go to a club, Kian,” I suggested.

“Aren’t you going to wait for that one kid,” he replied, eyes glued to the TV screen.

“We’ll be back before he gets here,” I convinced myself.

Kian shut off the television and rose from the sofa. “If he comes here and we aren’t back and he’s upset, it’s your fault,” he said, pointing a finger at me.

I exhaled sharply through my nose and jumped up.

“I’m going to change. Meet you here in 15 minutes? “

Kian nodded and lowered himself into and armchair and picked up his guitar and played a slow melody.

I turned away and hurried to my room.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Chapter 3 is going to be long, but here's the first part.
Tell me what you think :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back