• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Evangelion - Anno apologizes about 3.0 + 1.0, 3.0 burned him out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lulcy

Awards
ccgag6bawyn61.jpg

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This is it. After all these years, it's finally happening.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I cannot wait. Having a viewing party with some friends. With them acquiring all four films I imagined they redubbed and resubbed them all. Makes me wonder if the funi/ADV cast was forced to sign NDAs like with Netflix.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Most NDAs do involve not talking about your projects until they’re officially announced, so whether or not they did or didn’t redub the old films, we’ll have to wait for official word from either the VAs, Amazon or Khara themselves on the matter.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
There will be a blu-ray release of Evangelion 3.333 which includes a 4K disc and a regular blu-ray. The set looks lavish.

Still no word from G-Kids about their boxset of the OG series and Death+Rebirth and End of Eva. I really hope they're preparing a big box set with everything, including the Rebuilds. And for the love of god I hope they pay for Fly Me to the Moon. It's a good time to be an Eva fan.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Really hoping for reprints or a bundle so I can snag blurays of all 4 movies at a normal price.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Y'all it was so good! I really really loved it and honestly was glad it was so long even though it felt like it blew by. I've only been a fan since 2014 so I didn't have to wait as long as other people did but man did I need to see this. This movie, much like the original show, felt like a warm blanket for me with the issues I'm currently dealing with.

Also, G-Kids is going to launch the pre-order for their blu-ray of the original show very soon.

Link to the pre-order.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Also for those curious on the English dub for the 4th movie, they actually brought back a fair bit of the ADV cast, including Rei’s first English VA. In fact, Amazon went back and redubbed the first 3 movies, the new dub being produced by Dubbing Brothers USA.

Here’s the cast list for those interested:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Also for those curious on the English dub for the 4th movie, they actually brought back a fair bit of the ADV cast, including Rei’s first English VA. In fact, Amazon went back and redubbed the first 3 movies, the new dub being produced by Dubbing Brothers USA.

Here’s the cast list for those interested:
Wow, freaking good on Amazon. You love to see it.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Pre-orders for the Ultimate Edition Blu-ray

Limited to a quantity of 5000 copies. I was really excited for this set but honestly I can't justify it at that price just for an artbook and the special features. I don't like either dub. They were nice enough to confirm they didn't secure the rights for Fly Me to the Moon. There is a new timer for ten days from now about preorders for other editions so I assume there will be a cheaper, simpler set on the way.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pre-orders for the Ultimate Edition Blu-ray

Limited to a quantity of 5000 copies. I was really excited for this set but honestly I can't justify it at that price just for an artbook and the special features. I don't like either dub. They were nice enough to confirm they didn't secure the rights for Fly Me to the Moon. There is a new timer for ten days from now about preorders for other editions so I assume there will be a cheaper, simpler set on the way.
I was ready to lay down $$$ until I saw that it doesn't include Fly Me to the Moon. Any version lacking it is not a definitive version IMHO. Very unfortunate.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I was ready to lay down $$$ until I saw that it doesn't include Fly Me to the Moon. Any version lacking it is not a definitive version IMHO. Very unfortunate.
From what I understand about the situation, back when Eva was made the heads of GAINAX declined to actually license the song since they didn't anticipate it being released overseas. When ADV released the show in America, they also didn't bother to license it I guess assuming since it was so niche back then it would fly under the radar. So now the cost of licensing the song is a couple hundred thousand dollars per use and Eva uses it over 30 times. On top of that, I listened to a recent interview with Claire Littley who said she was only ever paid for her initial studio performance of the song and never again after that so maybe they are concerned she will sue them.

Now, considering they are charging $300 for this set (it made over a million dollars in 8 hours in America by time it sold out) and the standard edition will probably be $100-$150 and will probably be mass distributed, I don't think it's an excuse at all that they didn't bother to spend the extra money. God only knows what King Records charged for the license of the show to begin with but still. And if they were willing to spend the money, maybe GAINAX, Khara, or King Records nixed it due to the situation with Claire Littley.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Looks like I'm taking my Platinum Edition set with me to the grave. I also would love to see some reviews on the quality of the Blu before doing a preorder. It seems to be hit-and-miss with older animation.

Back