• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Evangelion - Anno apologizes about 3.0 + 1.0, 3.0 burned him out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NemesisSP

Awards
I'm very much a fan of Evangelion and have been since Rebuild first started, since it (and Utada's music for it) got me into the franchise. It's insane that we're finally getting the last movie... is what I would say if the damn release was not delayed YET AGAIN. Still, as long as we get the film this year, I'll be happy. And as long as One Last Kiss is still released this month, I'll be even more happy, because already it's an addicting song to listen. Not quite in the same way as Don't Think Twice is, but it definitely gets me wanting more.

I guess in the meantime I'll get through the manga again and start the Anima books. I picked up the first two and was saving them for after 3.0+1.0, but I'm not sure if I want to wait another five months to start them.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
To be an Eva fan is to have patience. I'm honestly glad they are being responsible about this. Nice that it'll be there, waiting, once we reach the other side of the pandemic.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
3.33 is the director’s cut version on pretty much every home media release

I know that, but Studio Khara recently made a new version of the film with updated animation, new scenes, and a new ending preview that's directly from 3.0+1.0. It was a promotional re-release leading up to 3.0+1.0's now delayed release.

LostArtist

Awards
I've just recently started watching the original series on netflix (every time I get to the ending I mute and play 'fly me to the moon every evangelion ending episodes on YT lol)

anyways 'one last kiss' just came out! I've been listening to this one cover of it online for the past month(?) not even realizing it was a cover. I kept waiting for her to say 'it's only love' LOL, but that was from the cover. Good song

anyways yee, new fan here

Lulcy

Awards
Evangelion 3.0+1.0 opening performance.

Movie sold 538,623 tickets for over 827.7 million yen (about US$7.30 million) on its first day in 466 theaters on Monday.

The film sold 21.7% more tickets and earned 23.8% more in yen on its opening day compared to the opening day of Rebuild 3.0.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Any clues on who has the license for Western release? Impatient for that English dub

LostArtist

Awards
anyways 'one last kiss' just came out! I've been listening to this one cover of it online for the past month(?) not even realizing it was a cover. I kept waiting for her to say 'it's only love' LOL, but that was from the cover. Good song
wait I'm super confused, I was listening to the album on apple music and the next song "Beautiful World" played and it had "its only love" line, which yesterday I thought was made up by the cover of one last kiss I've been listening to. Turns out Beautiful world is an existing song and the cover of One last kiss that Ive been listening to mixed it in with one last kiss 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I would imagine Funimation. Let’s see how fast Khara lets them get it out this time lol
That also depends on if Khara even lets them dub the last movie. For all we know, they might give it to Netflix and have the redub cast finish off the movie series.

Netflix aren’t really known for getting dub casts back for sequels of anime, not counting stuff they license from the start. Teasing Master Takagi-san & Disastrous Life of Saiki K being examples of this. Both shows were initially licensed by Funimation(and Crunchyroll as well for Takagi-san), but as soon as the sequels were announced for Netflix, they just didn’t bother carrying the English cast over and just did a recast.

I’m really hoping that they don’t do this for Thrice Upon a Time(3.0+1.0), but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That also depends on if Khara even lets them dub the last movie. For all we know, they might give it to Netflix and have the redub cast finish off the movie series.

Netflix aren’t really known for getting dub casts back for sequels of anime, not counting stuff they license from the start. Teasing Master Takagi-san & Disastrous Life of Saiki K being examples of this. Both shows were initially licensed by Funimation(and Crunchyroll as well for Takagi-san), but as soon as the sequels were announced for Netflix, they just didn’t bother carrying the English cast over and just did a recast.

I’m really hoping that they don’t do this for Thrice Upon a Time(3.0+1.0), but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do.

I don’t think Netflix is getting the license, though. The rumor is Amazon Prime for streaming rights. I would imagine they’d do their own casting or just partner with Funimation.

Lulcy

Awards

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I don’t think Netflix is getting the license, though. The rumor is Amazon Prime for streaming rights. I would imagine they’d do their own casting or just partner with Funimation.
Fingers crossed they decide to partner with Funimation, if only to let the English cast of the movies finish their run🤞

Lulcy

Awards
3.0+1.0 week one box office:

The film has sold 2,194,533 tickets for 3,338,422,400 yen (about US$30.6 million) in its first seven days in 466 theaters in Japan. The film sold 33.6% more tickets for 45.1% more yen than the previous Evangelion film during their respective first seven days.

Back