• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Europeans - Getting KH2 On March 28th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eclipse

Re: Europeans redited SIMPLE solution to getting your game on March 28th

*twilight_riku* said:
thats it thats all u do

no not at all

you have to do more

a PAL signal is different from an NTSC signal

you can buy swapmagic and slide card and pop the NTSC game in your PAL ps2..but it will make the game freeze and bug out, because the signal is different.

you have to convert the NTSC game to PAL first, before you can play the game.

the reason why americans didn't have to do this for the japanese kh2, is because the japanese use a form of NTSC called NTSC/J..so there was no conversion needed

although, with PAL electronics, you need to convert it :D

Galoop said:
easier way get ur ps2 chipped get the ntsc server nd buy the game

bad idea--why?

because it's expensive
it ruins your ps2 warranty
it doesn't work as well as slide card and swap magic
and you have to get your ps2 opened up so they can insert a chip in there.

bad idea.

Galoop

can u help me out twilight bcoz i getting my ps2 chipped now nd im getting a ntsc server shud i get one of them or a sawp magic

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

wtholyf said:
Hmm I made it complex before, so here are some simple and through instructions on converting your game. (The prices signify what's the most you should pay wheter you do or do not have an item)

1. Buy Magic Slide kit (this entail the Magic and Swap Magic best combo ever! buy here 620 in stock) $30
2. Buy the US kingdom hearts 2 (I suggest ebay or preorder here (fast shippin) $50-$55
3. If you don't have any blank DVD-Rs buy some (in the store or ebay it here. 50pack-$18
4. Download DVD Decryptor (a free program for making backups get it here) $0
5. Go to google look up instructions on backing up Ps2 games (or click here, note: you'll need to scroll down some to find what you need: . $0
6. Make Back up (self explanortory). $0
7. Put Backup into Computer and orignal game disc in box (look up). $0
8. Go to google look up instructions converting a NTSC game to PAL (type in "NTSC to PAL") $0
9. Once converted take game out and enjoy your Kh2 game which should work great. $0

If you have kit and game and the DVD-Rs Subtotal: $0
if you only have the game and kit but no DVD-Rs Subtotal: $18
If you only have the game and DVD-R's Subtotal: $30
If you only have the game, but no DVD-Rs or kit Subtotal: $48
If you only have the kit and DVD-R's Subtotal: $50-55
If you only have the kit then Subtotal: $68
***** Most common If you only have the DVD-Rs Subtotal: $80-85
If you have nothing then Subtotal: $98-$103

so ya hope it helps also I'll add the link 2morrow for tutorial on converting NTSC to PAL, I'm a little tires now so ya g'night *falls over... thud

So you're saying you'd be willing to pay $98-$103 to get the game now, rather than waiting for a couple months and paying $50?

[-JF-]

TwilightSoulKey said:
no not at all

you have to do more

you can buy swapmagic and slide card and pop the NTSC game in your PAL ps2..but it will make the game freeze and bug out, because the signal is different.

the reason why americans didn't have to do this for the japanese kh2, is because the japanese use a form of NTSC called NTSC/J..so there was no conversion needed

Ok, so you need to convert the imported NTSC KH2 to PAL, but how exactly do you do that?

E

Eclipse

[-JF-] said:
Ok, so you need to convert the imported NTSC KH2 to PAL, but how exactly do you do that?

if you saw wtholyf's post, he explained it

you need to convert it, with a tutorial

it doesn't cost any money

the only things you need to buy are

a.) slidemagic kit (contains slide card and swap magic)
b.) kingdom hearts 2
c.) dvd-r blank cd's

and that's it, i think

and then you look up a tutorial and convert it and there you go

i say swap magic and slide card, because they are not permanent, and mod chips can tend to mess up your ps2

swap magic and slide card are rather easy and affordable, use those :D

also..it is not coming out in a few months

according to playstation magazine, the approximate date for kingdom hearts 2 in europe is..

october 06, sorry guys

[-JF-]

TwilightSoulKey said:
if you saw wtholyf's post, he explained it

you need to convert it, with a tutorial

it doesn't cost any money

the only things you need to buy are

a.) slidemagic kit (contains slide card and swap magic)
b.) kingdom hearts 2
c.) dvd-r blank cd's

and that's it, i think

and then you look up a tutorial and convert it and there you go

i say swap magic and slide card, because they are not permanent, and mod chips can tend to mess up your ps2

swap magic and slide card are rather easy and affordable, use those :D

also..it is not coming out in a few months

according to playstation magazine, the approximate date for kingdom hearts 2 in europe is..

october 06, sorry guys

Thanks m8, that answered every question i had. Yeah, that magazine said the release date is in october, and since im not patient enough to wait that long, im gonna get the slidemagic kit soon, already have lots of blank DVD,s, and i,ll pre-order KH2 soon, so if all works out well, i might be able to play KH2 on the same day as you NA,s. :)

*twilight_riku*

How Did We Get Here!
Awards

TwilightSoulKey said:
no not at all

you have to do more

alot of ppl say to me that you only have to do that and have a rgb cable which i have so i think ill listen to them because your only one person that has said that what i know is wrong ... no effence like

E

Eclipse

the cable is what converts the signal twilight,

there are many ways to convert something to PAL, you can use a cable

you can convert the CD itself

you can buy an NTSC ps2, and use a switch plug to plug into a PAL port

there are many ways

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
you want to do all that just to play a game, man just wait until it comes out in europe.

[-JF-]

Humm, if you lived in Europe and you know they could play it on March 28th already while you would have to wait till it gets out in october-november, wouldnt you take any means necessary to get your hands on KH2?

Exactly.

*twilight_riku*

How Did We Get Here!
Awards
TwilightSoulKey said:
the cable is what converts the signal twilight,

there are many ways to convert something to PAL, you can use a cable

you can convert the CD itself

you can buy an NTSC ps2, and use a switch plug to plug into a PAL port

there are many ways

nice one ... ive got all the stuff i need now i think then

*twilight_riku*

How Did We Get Here!
Awards
btr9095 said:
you want to do all that just to play a game, man just wait until it comes out in europe.

u dont have to do it for just KH2 though because im gunna import other games aswell with the swap magic i have now

sorry for double post ... for some reason i cant delete it =S

wtholyf

Dam I wish I wasn't gone for so long, let me make something clear. VERY CLEAR...

IMPORTING THE GAME ALONE WITH THE MOD CHIP OR CHIPPED PS2 WILL NOT WORK now then then you can play Final Mix with the chip is because like every Japaneese game there is both the NTSC format, and the PAL format. When you imported and gave them the address, they knew which format to send you based on your residence. Currently no PAL english Kingdom Hearts 2 exist. so getting a mod chip or chipping your Ps2 wont work. because the biggest problem is your TV. Even if your Ps2 is chipped, custom-made IT WON"T MEAN ANYTHING. so long as your tv is pal (and if your european your tv is pal for sure). If you don't convert the game Your TV will be still showing Black and White and the screen will spaz. Your tv displays the signal and if you give a PAL tv a NTSC signal you get a diaster. Also one more thing that I seem to have to say alot. MOD CHIPS AND MAGIC SWAP ONLY SKIP GAME PROTECTIONS, THAT"S HOW THEY BOOT UP BACKUPS I need to stay on this topic more or people are gonna be wasting money

emojunkie1612

my heads hurting..
but i think i've got it now..
Im gonna get KH2 and the Swap Magic + Slide kit and some DVD-Rs..
Then im going to go on google and search NTSC to PAL and follow the instructions and convert the Game.
thats all i gotta do.... right ?

EDIT: Ok... i didnt realise i had to take my ps2 apart.. i dont think ruining my ps2 is worth it im just gonna sit tight and pray its not october

Im not sure about other Europeans but id find waiting alot LOT easier if i just knew when it was coming out :(

E

Eclipse

you don't have to take your ps2 apart!!! ^^^^ get the slide card + swap magic along with the instructions wtholyf gave you.

the slide card/swap magic kit is something you can just snap on to your ps2 and it will play the game for you. you don't have to take apart your ps2, that is if you want to get your ps2 MOD CHIPPED. <<< don't do that because it costs a lot of money and could ruin your ps2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back