• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Europe or a Car/Social life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
So I got invited by my school to go to 6 European countries, England, Ireland, Wales, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, next summer. It's a big opportunity and probably my only chance to actually visit Europe until for many years if I have have the chance or the money. But the thing is I don't know anyone who's going and next summer I was going to finally get my car. This is a big deal because I live very far from my friends and school. I want to visit various places around Cali when I get my car. This summer was so boring because I didn't have money to take the bus everyday, so I didn't go out much this summer. So I promised myself to have a blast next summer when I get my car, and get more involved with my friends more than just school. But I got the invitation, and I want to visit all those places just to have the experience, visiting Europe wasn't really something I wanted to do but this seems to be a opportunity I can't miss, but at the same time I want to be at home and have a blast next summer. I also get this feeling that it won't be interesting or fun because I don't have someone there I know, since experiences for me are better when I'm with a friend.

So what should I do.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Wow you're really in a difficult spot..... if i was in your shoes i Might lean twords the trip to Europe. it seem like a huge opportunity. getting a car is cool and does improve your social life but i dont think its that far out of reach then going on a European trip.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
is it from the people to people institution?

my lil bro get invited too

i think you should go!

have new experiences

Gram

Banned
Awards
pick europe, the car will always be there for later.

Semper Sanctum

Get the car man. You have to be real about your life, and a car is actually a pretty big step toward that. Save the Europe trip for a time when you have the extra time and money, and can even go with your friends.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Seize the day, man. Going to Europe is a pretty big opportunity. You can always save up and get a car later. I know it doesn't sound easy, but it'll work out.

Aqua D.Light

Never EVER turn down a chance to travel abroad because you can always get a car later in life, but you may never be able to travel to Europe again. :)

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
To be honest, I'd say stick with the car. Europe only lasts for a summer, but the car can get you and your friends through college; it's also something physical that you can touch. Sure you'd get better memories and experiences in Europe, but in my opinion necessity outclasses desire, and the car is your best bet.

Fortissimo

Go to Europe. Visiting other countries is probably one of the most eye opening experiences you can have this early in life. And there's always the chance that you will make friends on your trip, I'd be surprised if you didn't. Cars can wait, they will be more readily available than a trip to 6 European countries including rich culture, unforgettable memories and a ton of fun. If you're worried about missing out on time with friends, take a bunch of pictures while you are on your trip, print them out and call your friends to come see them. If you have the extra cash, get them some souvenirs and hand them out when they see your pictures.

xgnarmanx

I say you get the car. Going to Europe is awesome but like you said it might let you down if you go alone its kinda like going to a theme park by yourself not as fun as it could be. . Who knows you might get a good job and make bank later in life and then both you and your friends can share the experience!

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Don't you think the roadtrips and shit could be dangerous though?

You could say that about anything: you could be unlucky and have a plane accident; you could get hit by a bus while crossing the road; you could even die of a heart attack just sitting down on your computer.

Seriously, car equals long term enjoyment.

A Wicked Dawn

You say you may not get the chance to go to Europe for years? Then do Europe. A car is much more easily attainable. Plus traveling abroad gives you the possibility to meet new people and expand upon your current social life.

Also Europe is love. Cali is wonderful as well, of course, but once you get to Europe you'll probably realize there isn't much of a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back