• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eurogamer Review of ReCoded [Hint: As good as Sonic before Colours]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
358/2 Days is the culprit of that, which wasn't even that good of a My first KH game.

There ya go, it seems all your anger for one series is coming from one game that, I agree, was horrible at the story in some parts. But that was just one game, if you were to have started with KH1, you probably wouldn't have started this conversation.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I think people should be aware that Re:coded has more stronger emphasis in gameplay. If people are only expecting a good storyline, you're going to be disappointed and annoyed by seeing the same repetition of worlds especially Agra-freakin-bah. XD

I'm glad BBS, gave us a minor refresh from the annoying recapped worlds. I mean, I won't have as much hate towards those few worlds (glad to play in Traverse Town again), thanks to BBS.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Dude, can't believe your spitting out so much crap about a game series, on a forum that has to do with that game series specifically.

Actually, I thought this forum is the place to share opinions? Besides, I am still a fan of KH and I do like its storyline. But uh, I am not oblivious to how much the storyline sucks when it comes to continuity.

Besides, this storyline for a game series is the best I've seen so far (For a game series that's lasted this long. FF series doesn't really count since most of the games don't have to deal with one another.)

Eh, I think Fallout does continuity really well. Though even that isn't immune to continuity blunder, but I think it has a much better storyline, lore, etc than KH. For a Japanese series, I think it's the BIG one that many will know as the long running series on a continuity line. But does it mean it's good? No.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm glad BBS, gave us a minor refresh from the annoying recapped worlds. I mean, I won't have as much hate towards those few worlds (glad to play in Traverse Town again), thanks to BBS.

Yeah. I don't mind seeing Destiny Islands and Traverse Town again. Wonderland is okay I guess because it didn't appear in Days.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
It did appear in Days, you had to chase those annoying heartless around the maze and the lotus forest.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
There is a recap movie. It's called the opening

No it isn't. That is a fucking slideshow that manage to outright confuse people and just shows "Oh, that's nice. How did Sora get there again?"

When I meant by recap movie, I meant as in

"Do you want to play the Recap Movie, which will show the events of KH?" and have some narrator or Ansem talking about the events thus far, starting from KH1 and talk about the spin-offs as well. There, done.

There ya go, it seems all your anger for one series is coming from one game that, I agree, was horrible at the story in some parts. But that was just one game, if you were to have started with KH1, you probably wouldn't have started this conversation.

Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days and ReCoded all have that same problem. KHII has that lesser problem, but you can play it without minding much about the storyline. Birth by Sleep and KH1 can be played as both a self-contained storyline and one where you can look to its future continuity.

Revolution

No it isn't. That is a fucking slideshow that manage to outright confuse people and just shows "Oh, that's nice. How did Sora get there again?"

When I meant by recap movie, I meant as in

"Do you want to play the Recap Movie, which will show the events of KH?" and have some narrator or Ansem talking about the events thus far, starting from KH1 and talk about the spin-offs as well. There, done.

It is not a slideshow. It is a recap video in a way. Just not showing every pointless Disney World that was not vital to the story.

Take KHII opener.

Starts with SRK together. RK vanish, Sora jumps and is in HB with Donald and Goofy. Shows him fighting Riku/Ansem, sacrifices himself, etc.

It is a recap in a way.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days and ReCoded all have that same problem. KHII has that lesser problem, but you can play it without minding much about the storyline. Birth by Sleep and KH1 can be played as both a self-contained storyline and one where you can look to its future continuity.

Slow down buddy, most people here haven't played Re:Coded yet. Wait till tomorrow when it official in NA, or wait another week or two when people start beating the game. Then there will be reviews on how people thought the game was. But don't you dare compare Com with Days. That's just...just..blasphamy. Com, besides BBS, has been one of the best handheld/sidestories for the kh series so far, for both story and gameplay (I can understand when you first play Com, how the gameplay is not liked as much, but still..it can get easily used to.)

And it's not a recap movie, but if you read the instructions booklet, I believe, it tells what has happened before. I know BBS, gave a recap to 1, Com?, and 2.

Last edited:

thewonderer

...name me any game which follows the same problem as Kingdom Hearts.

Also. Fallout as a series don't have this problem. Even when it comes to something like the Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave, someone is always there to explain it if you do some digging around or talk to NPCs. With Kingdom Hearts, a lot of the time when it come to some events, it always skipped up on explaining the most important detail. 358/2 Days is the culprit of that, which wasn't even that good of a My first KH game.

Why the hell is this troll even on a KH FANSITE FORUM. Get lost dude. Be freaking grateful we got Re:Coded. Sure the companies are doing this to make money, but for hard core KH fans, these are gifts as we wait to KH 3D and KH3. I hate people who bash Days. People are begging for KH3 so play this while you wait. BBS was really good but that doesn't mean the rest are bad. While Diddy Kong here sits on his butt doing nothing, those developers are working hard.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
And people complain about KH's "convoluted storyline" when Zelda is more of a mess than KH.
Please leave the Zelda series out of this conversation, it's like comparing dog turds and cake.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
With Kingdom Hearts, a lot of the time when it come to some events, it always skipped up on explaining the most important detail. 358/2 Days is the culprit of that, which wasn't even that good of a My first KH game.

That's because days is a midquel. It wasn't meant for new players; BBS was since it was a prequel.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Really, I wouldn't have much of a problem with KH if Square decides to throw in a recap movie for you to access for KHIII.

You can play any KH game and understand it without playing any of the others.
And KH2 pretty much summed up all of CoM in a single cutscene, making people who played only KH1 at the time understand what's going on.
I'm pretty sure even people who's first KH game turns out to be KH3 will be able to understand what's happening.

Although, and recap movie does sound like a cool thing.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
You can play any KH game and understand it without playing any of the others.

That's actually not true. You probably won't understand days if you didn't play KH2, and the same thing with CoM if you didn't play KH1.

And KH2 pretty much summed up all of CoM in a single cutscene, making people who played only KH1 at the time understand what's going on.

At the beginning of KH2 I didn't know what the fluff was going on since I didn't know CoM existed at the time.

I'm pretty sure even people who's first KH game turns out to be KH3 will be able to understand what's happening.

I seriously doubt that.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
*cough*instructionbooklets*cough* Those things give a recap of the recent past games. (EX: BBS.) I don't remember if Days did, but Coded's IB might recap it maybe.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That's actually not true. You probably won't understand days if you didn't play KH2, and the same thing with CoM if you didn't play KH1.

You wont understand the importance of it to the series, but you'll be able to understand it's individual storyline.

At the beginning of KH2 I didn't know what the fluff was going on since I didn't know CoM existed at the time.

I'm sure anyone you decides to pick up KH3 as their first KH game will know other games existed in the series. Namely, the 3. Also, with so many KH Games, if you don't know that there are other games, that's your own fault.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
COM was my first game and I didn't have any trouble understanding what was happening cause I read the instruction manual, Jiminy's journal and previous events were discussed a little bit in the game.

people can just do the same thing for KH3 and KH3D. or just go to wikipedia

jordand

I wish i could post 1600 times on a forums for a game i didn't like. :( I blame myself for not finding forums for a game i dislike, and spending my time putting it down.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
DUe to us not having a PS2, my family's first KH game was CoM.

We understood KH2 perfectly when it came out, CoM, not so much. (Such as us thinking the Nobodies were always there, wondering why Sora had turned into a heartless, thinking Namine was accurate, etc.)

That's what got us to buy a PS2. Then we found Sly Cooper!

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Kingdom Hearts' Storyline is not as convuluted as you may think...It is just the simple fact that there is so much unnecessary...although cool...side stuff that adds to the important facts..that you kinda get confused...but all in all when this series finally ends you will realize that everything fits together. And then you will be like...Damn this series was great. I mean.....using fallout is a poor example because most if not all characters do not appear in more than one game...the only thing that really connected them was the environment and the radioactivity and such( i may be wrong though so don't hold it against me.)

Assassins creed has a great storytelling and has not messed up yet..it just leaves plenty of stuff up to question...which is what Kingdom hearts is doing. BBS Wrapped up most issues presented in the previous games and opened another (i.e. WHAT IS RECONNECT...) They don't want you to get bored with the series by answering everything...what would be the point if you knew everything.......This is a SAGA.....not super mario bros. Which has a very deep plot you know...Just kidding(I Think).

WORD OF ADVICE....THIS GAME IS NOT FOR PLOT!!!!!...Except for perhaps the journal entries....and the secret ending...WHICH IS SOOOO COOL.. It is really for gameplay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back