• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eurogamer Interviews Tai Yasue - Kingdom Hearts 3, Nomura's departure from FFXV, Unreal Engine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Eurogamer Interviews Tai Yasue - Kingdom Hearts 3, Nomura's departure from FFXV, Unreal Engine 4

Really surprised by the Nomura stuff, I wonder if he will leave the company after KHIII, good thing that the Tokyo team is very capable now.

Tokyo team? The Tokyo team for Kingdom Hearts hasn't existed in years. If you mean Osaka, then yeah they are capable. They always have been.

Nomura probably won't leave. He seems pretty persistent on continuing Kingdom Hearts after the Dark Seeker Saga.

SephirothZ

Re: Eurogamer Interviews Tai Yasue - Kingdom Hearts 3, Nomura's departure from FFXV, Unreal Engine 4

Why do people keep saying Nomura may leave? The only people who have indicated that Nomura is upset is the people on forums such as this. We have no idea what actually happened and if what Tai says is accurate, then it also lines up with what Sign posted. Nomura's duties may be over-exaggerated. There is nothing from an official source, as far as I have seen, that implies Nomura is upset about "being pushed off" FFXV; he may have stepped down on his own.

Kingdom Hearts is his love child, I doubt he will step down from that and I could easily see him eager to focus more of his attention on that.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Why do people keep saying Nomura may leave. The only people who have indicated that Nomura is upset is the people on forums such as this. We have no idea what actually happened and if what Tai says is accurate, then it also lines up with what Sign posted. Nomura's duties may be over-exaggerated. There is nothing from an official source, as far as I have seen, that implies Nomura is upset about "being pushed off" FFXV; he may have stepped down on his own.

Kingdom Hearts is his love child, I doubt he will step down from that.

Well, I agree with you, but I do think that he was upset about FFXV considering he felt he needed to get cats for healing after the events that occurred this year.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Why do people keep saying Nomura may leave. The only people who have indicated that Nomura is upset is the people on forums such as this. We have no idea what actually happened and if what Tai says is accurate, then it also lines up with what Sign posted. Nomura's duties may be over-exaggerated. There is nothing from an official source, as far as I have seen, that implies Nomura is upset about "being pushed off" FFXV; he may have stepped down on his own.

Nomura literally adopted cats because he was depressed and thought they would be therapeutic. Someone doesn't willingly step down from a project to then fall into a deep depression and need cat therapy, lol.

Though I absolutely do not believe Nomura intends to quite Square Enix regardless of what happened with XV.

edit: ethy 2 quick

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

It has been proven that anyone Directing a Final Fantasy stepping down from the project eventually leaves the company. Something like that.

Anyway, "Nothing is off-limits", guess we're stuck with The Little Mermaid and Aladdin for as long as we live. Can't wait! There's also Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Jungle Book Kids, Duck Tales, Rescuers Down Under!!! And still more to think about.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com

It has been proven that anyone Directing a Final Fantasy stepping down from the project eventually leaves the company. Something like that.

I dont think Nomura is the type to give up after stepping down from a lead position. Plus he's already directing KH3 and he's eager to continue the series. Square would be at a big loss if Nomura left to be honest.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I dont think Nomura is the type to give up after stepping down from a lead position. Plus he's already directing KH3 and he's eager to continue the series. Square would be at a big loss if Nomura left to be honest.

Neither do I. I hope the company understands what they have and actually appreciate the people behind the scenes. The launch trailer of 2.5 really showed how surprised these developers were of the reactions of dedicated fans. It's something we're missing in this world and that's a moral value. Unfortunately, they get stuck with the negative side of a business and that's not pretty.

SephirothZ

I did not know anything about the cats, but maybe it was reverse as far as cause and effect. He was depressed because he could not focus on KH3 and now he finally got his wish.

On a more serious note, not sure I would take that as a reason if it is only that. There be a lot of other stuff going on in his life or he may have a history with depression. I am simply of the mindset that I do not know what happened, but there has not been any official talk of Nomura leaving Square Enix, just us fans passing the time. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I did not know anything about the cats, but maybe it was reverse as far as cause and effect. He was depressed because he could not focus on KH3 and now he finally got his wish.

No. This was something he said at the Launch Event and I remember it almost word for word. He said (or rather the translator said) "A lot of things happened this year, and sometimes you can't do anything about it, but after everything Nomura was feeling down. Nomura felt like he needed some healing after everything, so he started raising some cats." something something recovery process.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Neither do I. I hope the company understands what they have and actually appreciate the people behind the scenes. The launch trailer of 2.5 really showed how surprised these developers were of the reactions of dedicated fans. It's something we're missing in this world and that's a moral value. Unfortunately, they get stuck with the negative side of a business and that's not pretty.

That kind of reaction is something that they don't really have the opportunity to see. Japanese fans, no matter what the fandom, tend to be more reserved than westerners. I feel like it's a great idea for them to always make a recording to send back to the development team whenever events are held so we can connect with each other <3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

No doubt the footage from the Launch event will be sent to Osaka to gather fan reaction to certain things so the team will, once again, see the reaction from Western Kingdom Hearts fans.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I'm sure there are some limits. I doubt Super Mario Bros The Movie is on the table for 1 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back