• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EU Version of DDD only with English, French and German subtitles.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't know what's the situation in the U.S, but in spain KH3D is more over-hyped than BBS. And are more N3DS selled than PSPs. By the way, looking to the forums and surveys I'm very sure of KH3D was going to sell more than BBS. But now? we'll see, the forums are burning, like I said.

I don't know why I shouldn't discuss about it. I mean, it's normal that don't care you, becouse the game will be in your languaje, I'm very sure you will be upset if the game wouldn't be translated in English (or maybe not, I don't know you).
Anyway, I used to read the forums, and that was a good occasion for register.

PD:And, please, don't talk me about Tales, becouse de fanbase of them are nothing compared with the fanbase of KH. And the same for the sells (oh, and I like the saga Tales too).
PPD: What's OP?

Well, it is different in Spain, so let's agree that our situations are different.

Also, O.P. stands for Original Post.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't know why I shouldn't discuss about it. I mean, it's normal that don't care you, becouse the game will be in your languaje, I'm very sure you will be upset if the game wouldn't be translated in English (or maybe not, I don't know you).
Anyway, I used to read the forums, and that was a good occasion for register.

Please don't misunderstand and start accusing people of not caring about this or that because it doesn't involve them. It's not that you shouldn't discuss it. It's just that arguing with and antagonizing everyone who doesn't share your sentiments doesn't exactly help you get off on the right foot. We all understand where you're coming from but ultimately, there will be those who feel that you're overreacting? Language barriers shouldn't prevent you from enjoying a good game, whether you approve of how they came about or not.

PD:And, please, don't talk me about Tales, becouse de fanbase of them are nothing compared with the fanbase of KH. And the same for the sells (oh, and I like the saga Tales too).

It's just an example.

PPD: What's OP?

Opening Post.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How about a few bilingual fans from the Spanish and Italian communities ban together and do an entire fan translation? Or inform Square Enix of each region that falls under the language and rally together about this? It is truly a shame when entire countries have no access to something in their native language, especially i languages that have millions of speakers.

I wouldn't call this an insult to these countries, but it definitely has everything to do with just how much revenue they expect from a location. If they feel they will be losing money by translating the game in a language where there will be fewer purchases, they aren't going to.

Maister

Please don't misunderstand and start accusing people of not caring about this or that because it doesn't involve them. It's not that you shouldn't discuss it. It's just that arguing with and antagonizing everyone who doesn't share your sentiments doesn't exactly help you get off on the right foot. We all understand where you're coming from but ultimately, there will be those who feel that you're overreacting? Language barriers shouldn't prevent you from enjoying a good game, whether you approve of how they came about or not.
It wasn't my intention antagonice to anyone. I'm sorry if it looks like it. My English is poor and I don't know the ''strength'' of my words.

I've played every final mix Kingdom Hearts in English, so, language barriers are not a problem for me. But they are selling something in my country. That's the thing, and, the less I want, are a subtitles in the language of the country were the game are selling up.

By the way, I'm a great fan of KH, so maybe, and just maybe, i'll buy it when it be at 25€. We'll see.

How about a few bilingual fans from the Spanish and Italian communities ban together and do an entire fan translation? Or inform Square Enix of each region that falls under the language and rally together about this? It is truly a shame when entire countries have no access to something in their native language, especially in two languages that have millions of speakers.
Well, some people in Spain done a translation of TWEWY, even with voices. It was a great job and better than much professional localizations (really). But 3DS is not hacked, so, a fan translation/fandub of the game itself, for the moment, its impossible.

Last edited:

whatpower

C'mon dudes and dudettes, let this be your motivation and an incentive to master the english language. After all, it is a universal language and learning it will help you sometime somewhere along your life whether to get a job or other things, so look on the bright side and relax ;).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
C'mon dudes and dudettes, let this be your motivation and an incentive to master the english language. After all, it is a universal language and learning it will help you sometime somewhere along your life whether to get a job or other things, so look on the bright side and relax ;).

There are millions of people in the world who will never need to learn English because it is not relevant to them. It isn't up to anybody to tell others they need to learn a language, and it doesn't matter if it is universal or not.

Well, some people in Spain done a translation of TWEWY, even with voices. It was a great job and better than much professional localizations (really). But 3DS is not hacked, so, a fan translation/fandub of the game itself, for the moment, its impossible.

You don't need to hack it. Just have a translation accessible online as a guide for people.

theirlosthearts

Awards

Asking someone to learn/master a new language? Learning a new language is very useful, but you ask overmuch methinks.

whatpower

There are millions of people in the world who will never need to learn English because it is not relevant to them. It isn't up to anybody to tell others they need to learn a language, and it doesn't matter if it is universal or not.

Indeed, but the second message of my post was that if you really love something deeply, you should go to new heights to acheive that thing and challenge yourself. Ofcourse, many don't need to learn the english language, but wanting to play this game IS a "need", and so instead of crying about, why not rise to the occasion and learn english for the sake of what you love? Can't change SE's mind but you can definately change yourself. And if you're not willing to do that and learn english then you shouldn't complain because you don't love the series depply enough.

With how much I love KH, I'd definately be willing to do something such as learning a new language. In fact, I already have, I learned enough Japanese to understand KH2 FM+ so that I could fully enjoy it, I didn't cry in a corner about how it didn't get localized.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

It honestly isn't this simple. They don't need to learn it and learning any secondary language is pretty complex. I say they really shouldn't have to learn English, especially considering there are many alternatives, like the ones Ethy named off.

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I know that is a good game a masterpiece IMO but I'm pretty sure that you will do the same if the KH3D only would be in japanese without any english text. Yeah I'm spanish xD

Agree xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I know that is a good game a masterpiece IMO but I'm pretty sure that you will do the same if the KH3D only would be in japanese without any english text. Yeah I'm spanish xD

I've played through the entirety of Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japanese and that game was basically an X000-page novel. So, not really, at least for me personally rofl

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Indeed, but the second message of my post was that if you really love something deeply, you should go to new heights to acheive that thing and challenge yourself. Ofcourse, many don't need to learn the english language, but wanting to play this game IS a "need", and so instead of crying about, why not rise to the occasion and learn english for the sake of what you love? Can't change SE's mind but you can definately change yourself. And if you're not willing to do that and learn english then you shouldn't complain because you don't love the series depply enough.

With how much I love KH, I'd definately be willing to do something such as learning a new language. In fact, I already have, I learned enough Japanese to understand KH2 FM+ so that I could fully enjoy it, I didn't cry in a corner about how it didn't get localized.

I am learning Japanese because I also want to have better access to the things that interest me, but there are those who find it hard to learn new languages, or have no teachers to teach it. Why should they have to be punished?

I've played through the entirety of Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japanese and that game was basically an X000-page novel. So, not really, at least for me personally rofl

I have to also agree with this. Playing Type-0 was a very interesting experience without having a mastery of the Japanese language, but it was extremely fun and I could understand what was going on just by paying attention. Also fan translations online helped a lot with understanding directions and menus. xD You don't need to know the language to play.

Youniquee

Awards

The FMs aren't a such a big deal because that didn't get localized for anyone. If you wanted to learn Japanese, that's fine.
Meanwhile, it's only half-arsely (not a word? lol) localized for them, while other countries got subtitles and voices localized.
They shouldn't have to learn a new language because of Square's inconsistency. Not everyone wants to invest learning a new language because they didn't get what they should have to be fair.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Poor people. :( I'm glad I was born into an English speaking country. We get spoiled when it comes to localizing games.
I wonder how hard it is to learn English? I heard that it's actually one of the most difficult to master. Is that true?
Anyways, SE are really screwing over a lot of people. I hope their dent in sales from those countries make them change their minds. Is it possible that they could release a subtitle patch later on for them?

Maister

Oh, and Kotch Media says they aren't de distributors. Nintendo are, what it's even more rare, becouse they translate everything.

I wonder how hard it is to learn English? I heard that it's actually one of the most difficult to master. Is that true?
I don't think so. In fact, I think it's one of the most easy languages in the world.

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If you know Japanese very well why you dont get or watch on youtube the game? you want the english game right? is more easy to understand the story in your case, now you know what's my point ROFL

whatpower

I am learning Japanese because I also want to have better access to the things that interest me, but there are those who find it hard to learn new languages, or have no teachers to teach it. Why should they have to be punished?

The FMs aren't a such a big deal because that didn't get localized for anyone. If you wanted to learn Japanese, that's fine.
Meanwhile, it's only half-arsely (not a word? lol) localized for them, while other countries got subtitles and voices localized.
They shouldn't have to learn a new language because of Square's inconsistency. Not everyone wants to invest learning a new language because they didn't get what they should have to be fair.

mm, fair enough. Well, was just trying to give good advice. No point in giving people empty and weightless comfort that won't be of any benefit to them. It'll make you feel better in the short term but provides nothing for the long term.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, and Kotch Media says they aren't de distributors. Nintendo are, what it's even more rare, becouse they translate everything.

Well Nintendo is just the distributor. They don't have any hand in any of the localization work done by Square Enix.

Poor people. :( I'm glad I was born into an English speaking country. We get spoiled when it comes to localizing games.
Anyways, SE are really screwing over a lot of people. I hope their dent in sales from those countries make them change their minds. Is it possible that they could release a subtitle patch later on for them?

Naw, Mandarin Chinese is harder. English is easy, but we have a ton of grammatical rules, but that goes for any language. It just depends on how easy it is for you to take in a new language that makes it difficult.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I am inclined to agree with everyone about SE not bothering to fund the dub in other countries due to fearing a loss of money. But, wouldn't boycotting it, like you seem to be dead set on doing now, only do the opposite of what you want? I mean I have never boycotted anything before, but I don't know, you seem to think not buying the game will change their mind about translating it when people not buying the game are the reason they aren't translating it in the first place... So it would be counter-productive? Maybe? (If I am way off base here, I apologize)

I would be more inclined to agree with what Spock said and to try and show Square that you all do car, and that you do want this in your language. And if that doesn't work, then an online guide made by fans is a decent alternative. I am not fluent in Japanese, just as you are not fluent in English, yet I know enough to get me through the basics and I have enjoyed many Japanese games. I mean that is just my two cents...

whatpower

Naw, Mandarin Chinese is harder. English is easy, but we have a ton of grammatical rules, but that goes for any language. It just depends on how easy it is for you to take in a new language that makes it difficult.

Yes, and the younger you are the easier ;). I think the pinnacle age to efficiently learn new languages is 21, after that it becomes difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back