• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Esprit' Frame: Redux - 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noel

Awards
So, I've grown up a lot since 2013. Thats almost 4 years, I just thought it'd be nice to start again from my roots.

01. “the most powerful weapon on the
earth is the human soul underwater”​

I can’t exactly call what I have perfect but in my eyes; from what I’ve seen. I want to protect this world of ours. Sometimes we spend so much time in our heads wanting to venture out to these extravagant locations of the world. We often overlook the big picture with what we have right in front of our eyes. We need to just well, wake up and you might find that what you have now is already other worldly.

That is more than quite all right.

That in a nut shell are a thought or thoughts that had always crossed my mind. Normally I’m just a sheep dog, happy go lucky, but if anybody attacks the herd I’m ready to protect with my life. Although, whenever I’m inside this behemoth. This 2nd part of myself that allows me to see the big picture from great heights. Have you ever heard the phrase “stuck in your own head”? Well this brings a whole new meaning. Actually, I think this Is the perfect time to get some fresh air for this ghost in the shell.

In an instant with just only a thought the hatch had opened with bright lights piercing in the darkness of my cabin. A roar of a low pitched electronic hymn echoed out creating its own breeze for the flowers to follow suit. After a few seconds my eyes readjusted to see myself gazing out to a field with lavender flowers blooming acres upon acres. The soft colors of the fauna were a sight for sore eyes. Tall grass accompanying it dancing to one side of mother nature’s whistle already letting you know you’ll feel her satin arms on these gusty breeze summer days. As such a marvelous dream like this can only be real if you take the time to admire.

Shepherds don’t really give themselves a chance to appreciate our back yard as we are always on assignment. Understandably once we’re dispatched, we launch off at speeds that shatters mach-1. By the time you look down you could only get a glimpse of the soft violet petals drafting you by the sheer acceleration.

A very jingle-jangle-like ping alerted from my Seraph. Sighing, wishing I had some more time to my beloved sight, I raised my right eyebrow and accepted the call answering with an uneasy “Yes?” Her voice, goodness her voice. There was something so familiar about it that makes you want to open your heart to anything, but then It’ll allow the pain in as well with the warmth. It is love that sincerely hurts you at the purest point.

“I know with what happened with Gail, but please get back in to base..”

There was just something about hearing her or Gail’s voice that just makes drives my soul to go distant. Perhaps it is kind of like if you could live your life one way, and that there was something so special that helped you become who you are today just disappeared out of thin air. I haven’t heard either of their voices in so long, that when I heard hers it felt if there was that one song that was just nostalgia in your ears.

I’m a sucker for little things like that.

“Time to go White.” I said with acceptance after I took another good look of the field, feeling the cool breeze going in to the cabin and back out. The same mechanical roar emerged as air pressure begins to regulate back in my Seraph, the hatch closing with bunches of reinforced metal overlapping each other as I’m consumed in nothing but black. In the next few seconds holographic screens appeared around me show casing the status conditions of White, and right in the middle was a big wide shot of the field and the rest of the world.

“You took a liking too didn’t you?”

In the next few moments gazing at the vivid screen, I propelled myself back in to base.

It’s time to head home

to her.

02. ”nothing is safer
than the sound
of you reading
out loud to me”​

“Noel. Noel! It’s Gail..She’s in critical condition …”

If there had to be ever a time for time to actually stop. This wasn’t it. Back then, I felt so hopeless I couldn’t do a single thing. It terrified me, The arm’s and peace conflict is killing everyone, and everything.

Most importantly it almost killed her.

“N…Noel?”

Her voice, just her voice.

I’ve been waiting for a while.

“Gail…, How are you sunshine?” I said with sincerity so soft it could put a ravaged lion lulled to sleep.
She’s been sleeping, and this is the first time I’ve seen her awake.

“I’m doing a lot better now you goof, I woke up earlier but I got some more sleep.”

I sat up from the chair, with a single tulip in my hand gently striding my way towards beside her bed barely holding back the tears in my eyes. My whole body was shaking, and I couldn’t keep my feet still.

“T-that’s great, you had a lot of us worried Sunshine.”

She smiled softly with those thin pink lips of hers softly tilting her head as she sees the flower in my hand. “Why’d you take one?”

“Hmm?”

“The tulip? You took one from the vase that’s beside the bed?”

I looked over at the vase and smiled, softly gifting her the one in my hand.

“I’ve actually been visiting you every day and brought you a single piece of your favorite flower, and before I left, I’d leave it for you.”

She blushed bright red, red as the tulip actually. She held the flower in one hand and held my hand with the other.

“That was so sweet of you..”

I bit my lip softly and put my held down trying to hold the tears. I couldn’t help it. It was like a pressurized water container adding more water without any restraints.

“I..just..missed you so much..”

Gail stood more up from her bed looking to my eyes, and wrapped her arms around and nuzzling her head in to my chest.

“I missed you too sweetie..”

She looked up and we gazed in to each other’s eyes. There was a sudden spark in the room, if were life were telling me something, it’s sure taking it’s sweet time with what it is. Slowly our lips got closer and closer, inches to turned to centimeters. Every time I came to visit her, I really got closer to her. She’s a part of my life, and well. I think she’s the–

“Wait.”

she said, with a big grin.

“Where did you get these flowers?”

Ruh Roh. I think she caught me.

“…somewhere.” I answered quite awkwardly.

“Oh really? Because I overheard one of the nurses complain about a green eyed boy pulling flowers from the garden.”

Her grin got a lot bigger, while my eyes tried their best to avoid contact.

She was just to pretty.

Our lips got closer once again and we kissed, our lips smiling against each other as our hands intertwined, feeling our heart beats go in sync.

We were genuinely happy for the first time in a long time.

Now these were the moments when you wanted time to stop.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Esprit' Frame: Redux - 1

Chapter 1.

I'm always enchanted by your storytelling, Noel. This always reminds me a lot of Gundam or Escaflowne because of White he pilots. I like how Noel takes in the outside world, enjoying the scenery because, you can tell that he doesn't take it for granted. I feel like as a reader, we're getting to know Noel a lot more personally this time around. I like his personality towards certain things a lot too. Like when he thinks of her waiting for him to come home.

Chapter 2.

The depth of concern Noel has for Gail's wellbeing is astounding. I love how sheepish he is about picking tulips from the garden outside of the hospital because, it's really cute. Of course, I'm dying to know what happened to Gail to be in such critical condition. Or if she'll be well enough to leave the hospital any time soon? The chemistry between them is absolutely adorable and gives me lots of mushy feelings. So I definitely enjoyed this chapter a lot. C:

I can certainly tell you've grown a lot as a writer, Noel. ;3

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Re: Esprit' Frame: Redux - 1

Hey, it's back but revamped! :D

I got to say, your writing has improved over bounds and I'm looking forward to returning to this world once again. Also, I miss your signature when you first wrote this out to the world. D:

It worked pretty well.

Noel

Awards
As much as I'd love to do NaNoWriMo, quality over quantity is what I'm aiming for right now.

I also like to mention that parts 1,2, and 3 are the Prologue parts to help settle a lore thats going on.

Enjoy!

-----

This was for without a doubt something special. Something so oblivious that I couldn’t see that it was going on right in front of our eyes. Feeling those soft lips against mine flooded this gate of memories that just seemed to gone by as if previously they weren’t anything to hold dear. But now, I just want to take care of them with tender love and care. Things work in mysterious ways I suppose, and maybe it doesn’t have to be a chain of events to feel like fate was doing its job. Maybe it only had to be one small difference in our lives to meet something that can bring your soul at ease. I’ve only felt this emotion a few times, but only a tease. However, this was the full blown experience.

So far, it’s more than alright.

The both of us gracefully parted ways from our kiss as if we done this before, and I can promise you we surely haven’t. I looked at her with my eyes feeling very light as if they were on a cloud at highest point of the skies. Us both couldn’t but just smile at each other as we turn red as strawberries.

Gail reached over to the vase and gently rested the tulip with the rest of its family. I saw her then reach for a book next to the vase. It had been split open face down so it could save its place. She looked at the page for a quick second and smiled at me with her hazel eyes. Closing the book as she said spoke softly.
“Do you remember those times when we were cadets and I’d call you at 2 in the morning?”

“Y-yeah? You had trouble sleeping, and you’d always feel bad for calling me so late in the night." I replied as I sat next to her see what the cover of the book was.

She leaned in quickly to peck my chin with her lips.

“But you knew you I wanted the company, and you always wanted to keep me company, so you read me a­–“

“story.” I finished.

Gail smiled and opened the book and I saw a small little excerpt. It’d looked like it was a poetry book of some sort. She then read out loud.

My heartbeat had just doubled its rate, my skin felt cold, but warm and relaxed all at once. What she read to me just spoke to my heart and well, it was as if these set of words just described who Gail and I were to each other.

“nothing is safer
than the sound
of you reading
out loud to me”

You can really describe what love is in a sentence.

I took my hand and softly flicked her nose playfully, seeing her freckles perfectly frame around it.

“Whenever you had called me I didn’t see it as a bother really. I actually looked forward to it, and I never knew why until just now. “

Gail wrapped herself around my arm as she rested her head on my shoulder.

“and what was that?” she asked softly, so softly you could have sworn she couldn’t have been any cuter.

“I wanted to hear your voice as you much as you wanted my company.”

She smiled big before nuzzling her face deep between my arm and my upper body, breathing in through her nose exhaling with glee. I couldn’t help but smirk as I gently played with her thumb with my fingers.

“All comfy there sunshine?”
All you could hear was pretty much the most adorable noise ever.

“…mhmmmmmmm”

There was a small tone of exhaustion I could tell and I could tell that she needs to get some more rest. I played with her thumb just a little more before gently guiding her body back down on the bed tucking her in with the white sheets. She didn’t even try fighting any of my gestures, she knew she was tired but that didn’t stop her from smiling.

“Time to get some more rest love, I’ll be here when you wake up.”

“..promise?”

“You know I know don’t ever break promises love.”

She kept that smile all the way until she fell asleep, and I leaned in to kiss her forehead. If there was ever a time to listen to some romantic piano music. Now would have been the perfect time.

I tip toed my way out from the room to make sure I didn’t make a single noise that cause Gail to wake up, I slowly turned the handle let myself out.

“Sweet dreams love.”

growl

---------------------------
03. “now walking back, down this mountain,
the strength of a turnin’ tide,
Oh the wind so soft and my skin,
Yeah the sun so hot upon my side.​

I don’t know what’s going on right now in the best way possible, maybe it was just things going right for a change, that or maybe feeling the warm sun through the glass just brings things in a whole new different light. Plus, having coffee is sweet plus too.

It’s just the little things like that.

Dept. Heaven is the Shephard’s headquarters, and well that is where everything starts and ends. I took a swig of my peppermint mocha which just brings my heavenly feeling up higher, tasting the aroma of the harvested coffee beans with the hints of mint they add that just doesn’t over power the drink in the slightest; is it okay to be this happy? My arm was supporting my chin as I just stared at the view of the field of flowers through buildings single wall made entirely of glass as the sunset is changes the sky’s blue color to a soft orange.

It’s honestly funny how little things like this works. I look to my side and I just see some people who engorge themselves with food and drinks. I’ll definitely admit that the food here is amazing, but I do have a firm belief that the meal isn’t just on food, but the company you have, and to me company doesn’t just mean people.

My dad use to always say this quote that when somewhere along the lines of

“There’s a bunch of terrible things in the world, but hunger and loneliness are truly the worst.”

Even though I’m pretty hungry, while coffee doesn’t exactly fill you up and being myself kind of defeats the whole purpose of the saying. I’m not exactly alone. I’ll have the beautiful sight of the world sharing its feelings with me. Seeing the breeze gently sway the flowers that is something I can pretty much appreciate anytime.

“Ah Sir Gendilan!”

That was a familiar voice, a rustic rugged old voice that you only hear after you grown up after a sum. I look around to see that it was Instructor Rustle who had called me. He was the same as ever but he did show some age. His well-groomed beard became pricklier as the roots of his hair began to gray. My eyebrow raised as I had noticed a flock of cadets in uniform walk behind him.

“You know you can just call me Noel, I still consider you my superior.”

Miles gave out a hearty laugh, something that reminded you of when the times felt like you could conquer a castle with just you and him. It had given everyone back in my cadet years a morale boost after long hard days.

“Modest as always I see.” He gestured

The cadets had begun to walk around next to us to have a better view of our conversation and as Instructor Rustle noticed this, he walked up closer to me and introduced me with pride in his voice. I awkwardly scanned everyone to had begun to ring around us and I joked saying.

“Giving a tour, Rustle?”

“Cadets, this is Noel Gendilan and he pilots one of the most unique Seraphs in Dept. Heaven, White Glint.”

“Uh yeah, that’s me!” I said rather awkwardly.
There wasn’t honestly any way I could keep my composure, I’m not fond about talking about myself. I wouldn’t want to ever have a fan club or anything. One brave Cadet raised his hand and asked a question,

“Is it really true that you brought down one company down to its knees by destroying its Arms Fort single handedly?

Huh, maybe I do have a fan club.

I nodded as Rustle began to add.

“Ah The Assault of Arms Fort Great Wall, that was a mission for the books right there. You see, you all have seen the sheer size of the Shephard’s Seraphs being just over 40 meters high. However though Arms Forts are giants compared to Seraphs, some being 200 meters high and lengths spanning to the size of cities.”

They all questioned.

“How’d you do it?”

I suppose coffee goes good with story time.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
No, there's nothing wrong with being happy. When you experience happiness, you must hold onto it for as long as you can because, life will throw curve balls at you when you least expect it. So enjoy it. Savor it. Remember that feeling. In the meantime, it's really sweet knowing Noel would stay up late reading a bedtime story to Gail. It really touches my heart. Of course, Noel being famous for a feat to hit the history books is amazing. Haha, having a fanclub would take quite a bit of getting used to. I do love the backstory we're getting with Noel too. It's easy to get engrossed in. <3 Can't wait for your next update! :D

Noel

Awards
NONONO I DIDN"T DIE

HOLIDAYSSS

AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

updates should be back up once january comes around

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
*Knock, knock*

Hello, Noel! Hey, you alive?

I've really missed this story and I hope you'll be able to write this more. :3