• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Escape to the stars(Strify sigs)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
escapetothestarszm8.jpg

escapetothestars2dz9.jpg

Are these any good? I just started doing real people sigs yesterday, and these are my favorites. I just barely finished them. I think they are awesome, but I don't know what you guys think.

Also, which do you think is better? I'm not sure on that either.

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I like them, they have a great feature to them, i like the bottom one the most, it appeals to me the most. however i think that there could be a little bit more viriety of effects, and some blurring would not have been a bad idea. But not bad for your beginning sig, so i would say you are off to a great start, keep up the great work..

*huggles*

the legend

To be honest, I think it looks a little bland and outdated, and there doesn't seem to be any specific alignment or purpose to the text.

But since you're just starting out, that's understandable. I would go around looking at other signatures, find the ones you like, and find out what makes them appealing to you. Then try and experiment with your own effects and se if you can come up with something you like.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Want some real CnC?

There is no flow to the sig, text is horrible, very LQ, and the stock isn't blended in

Darkness of White

Website
There is no flow to the sig

What do you mean by that?

text is horrible

As in font, placement, content, all three, or something else?

The stock, or the sig itself?

the stock isn't blended in

The intention wasn't to have it blend in, does it really need to? If so, how would I go about doing it?

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
What do you mean by that?
You just have random sparks everywhere

As in font, placement, content, all three, or something else?
all three

The stock, or the sig itself?
the sig

The intention wasn't to have it blend in, does it really need to? If so, how would I go about doing it?
if it isn't then it just looks slapped on there. there are many different ways to blend, but the most common IMO is smudging

Darkness of White

Website
You just have random sparks everywhere

They are supposed to be stars. What do you suggest?

all three

What should I change it to? I thought it was ok because of the song it's from.

Referance:

YouTube - Cinema Bizarre: ESCAPE TO THE STARS (Official)

Besides what you've already said, anything else that can be changed?

if it isn't then it just looks slapped on there. there are many different ways to blend, but the most common IMO is smudging

I'll work on that.

BTW, this is the origional stock I chose.
http://cs1263.vkontakte.ru/u2525493/3070746/x_022a7785.jpg
I don't know if it will help any, but it's there if it will.

Vicodin

relative power
LQ stock is LQ.

You start by putting thought into the tag.

Thinking about flow, light source, depth, colors.

You have a horrible font choice and horrible placement.

C

Charlie

escapetothestarszm8.jpg

escapetothestars2dz9.jpg

Are these any good? I just started doing real people sigs yesterday, and these are my favorites. I just barely finished them. I think they are awesome, but I don't know what you guys think.

Also, which do you think is better? I'm not sure on that either.

Aye. Beauty's in the eye of the one who creates, right?
For your first attempt at making real-stock signatures, these aren't dreadful.
They get the point across, communication wise.

But execution wise -
The effects that you've chosen to use, the stars, etc - are bland in color, and the stock's too engulfed
in the stars. In this case, an error that you've made is that the tag in general - has no flow or direction.

*The stock is fine, quality wise. It may not be the instant thing that anyone here would choose, but you've pulled off a decent job with it. My only suggestions would've been to try to blend in the stock with its background a bit more. Meaning, add some contrast behind it, or lightly brush faint lighting along the edges to give it the impression that it's still a part of your background. It sticks out too much.

*Slogan for the tags is adorable. But typography wise, it isn't the best choice. It has a transparent distinctiveness to it, and it isn't that appealing since your background is already bright as it is. Use simpler, smoother fonts. It tends to give tags a /crisper/ look, instead of forced, that way. Next, I'd suggest to bring the text closer to your stock, and shrink it by a few sizes.

1st version looks saturated and dry.
2nd version is over contrasted and doesn't mix well with the background.

Work on not drowning your stocks in effects, and adding a balanced amount of light and contrast to your tags as a whole.

They're not bad.
They just need work.
:3

/V/

Dee

Bronze Member
TGFX...that's a little harsh, srsli. She just started...of course she isn't gonna be amazingly great!

Geezus....cut her some slack, I'm mean if I tried to do a sig it would look like shit....literally!!

C

Charlie

TGFX...that's a little harsh, srsli. She just started...of course she isn't gonna be amazingly great!

Geezus....cut her some slack, I'm mean if I tried to do a sig it would look like shit....literally!!

It's constructive crit compared to a few other responses.
Get over it.

Dee

Bronze Member
Stupid comp....lolz.

Last edited:

Dee

Bronze Member
It's constructive crit compared to a few other responses.
Get over it.

Oh please, some of that was uncalled for. And anyways there's nothing to get over. I could care less I'm not making the sigs...

C

Charlie

Oh please, some of that was uncalled for. And anyways there's nothing to get over. I could care less I'm not making the sigs...

Double posting? ;P
Anyways. Making tags is fun.

Try your luck, post some of your shit up -
And we'll see how the dogs treat ya :3

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Rawr.

Anyway, DoW, just a little tip, when saving your tags, save them as a png file not jpeg. They sometimes tend to lower the quality a bit.
This is true, but there's no point in saving as a png unless you want transparency or you're uploading it multiple times. JPG format is lossy, so if you upload it, save it, upload it, save it and then upload it again, the quality is going to deterioriate a little, but it's nothing noticeable unless you do it many, many times.

If you were to save it once as a png, once as a jpg and then upload both formats onto photobucket or a similar hosting site, you can't even tell the difference. The difference is so small it's negligible.

Just felt the need to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back