• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► ERASED / Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
E8S3ZJ8.jpg

[video=youtube;Fjm2Y8qvzns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjm2Y8qvzns[/video]

[video=youtube;JBzxsp8dTDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBzxsp8dTDg[/video]

Been a while since I posted anything anime-related here. More importantly, if you watch anything this winter, make it this series right here. Based on the manga that's been nominated for the Manga Taisho award for the third year in a row, it follows the story of a struggling manga artist. A strange phenomenon follows him around, rewinding time whenever something life-threatening is about to occur, and not to himself. Thanks to this ability, he becomes involved in a case from his childhood that's long-since run cold, all in order to keep someone close to him from dying.

The manga is one of the most expertly told stories I've seen recently, and that's including media outside of manga as well. The anime, so far, has adapted the story better than I or anyone could have hoped and even promises to adapt the intended ending for the still ongoing source material.

In short, it's just really good shit. Like, really good shit.

EchoFringe49

Nice to see a thread about this anime, its one of the best i've seen in a while and seems like its only going to get better from here on. The one thing I love about this show is the voice acting, Hinazuki and Satoru sound really convincing and natural

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it's just okay so far.

I just don't care much for any of the characters outside of the MC's mother. The premise is a bit new so I'll keep watching and hopes it picks up

Anagram

Banned
I've been hearing about this but never knew quite what it was about. It sounds extremely interesting. So should a person start at manga or anime or both?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, I watched all the 3 episodes that have been released and I am really liking it. The story feels really interesting and I am really looking forward of seeing how things will play out. I really like the main characters voice. It feels really unique and I have not heard a similar voice work before, it also really fits to Satoru in my opinion.
One little detail I like is that when we are watching the past events, there are these black bars in the screen. It gives an old feeling and helps the atmosphere.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I watched all five episodes tonight and it's had me at the edge of my seat. I need more episodes, because this is killing me now. I felt my mouth drop during episode five and I feel like the subtle hints are there, except I haven't put it altogether yet. I really like Satoru a lot because he sounds natural to me as well. I laugh whenever he speaks bluntly by accident though. Can't wait for episode 6! Trying to find the manga now.

EDIT: I caught up on the manga. I need more chapters! ;w; And damn, I was spot on too.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Definitely my favorite of the season so far, hands down.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Oh man oh man, just watched the two latest episodes and everything keeps getting better and better.

So I got a theory, not sure it`s a good one
Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Apologies for the double post, but I noticed something interesting. Near the end of the opening Satoru is running on top of roof in fear and then somebody shots him. His glasses break in the process. As I watched the news`t episode yesterday(which was amazing) for the first time I looked more closely of the opening, and noticed some figure in the reflection of Satoru`s shattered glasses. With the help of my sister we were able to slow down the video to a point that is shows the reflection from the glasses. This what is showed:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

EchoFringe49

^^^ *SPOILERS
I definitely think the teacher is the killer now. That whole scene with the social workers pretty much confirmed it for me with how suspicious he was acting, i'm thinking that he called kayo's mother before they arrived to tell her to leave. With all that said i don't think he's the one who killed Satoru's mother

Last edited by a moderator:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Manga: Read Boku dake ga Inai Machi online

This series is wrapping up relatively fast. I read all of the latest chapters, so there's probably only going to be one more chapter, maybe? Anyways, I'm happy Satoru regained his memories and was able to anticipate the killer's motives before he could kill his next target or Satoru himself. The only part I found slightly confusing was the names, because it felt like it switched to two different people as the killer? I'm not sure if it had to do with time or not, but yeah, this came to a really great conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back