• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Erase? or should I say Dispel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
If anything, Aqua was only doing what she was asked by a close friend, and yes, the erasure, in my opinion, happened slowly, hence why MX said 'you're already starting to lose it', which I think was him referring to Ven's memories.

Well, think about it. Memories make up who we are. While the heart might give us emotions, who we are as a person is based on our memories, and the experiences that we had up till now.

When erasing someone, wouldn't one of the most important things have to go first? And, like Marluxia said, once the memories are gone, the heart collapses.

Aqua probably didn't want to do it, but perhaps what she knows about why he's asking is something that we definitely don't know- she has her reasons, if she actually goes through with it at all, which is still up for debate.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
When erasing someone, wouldn't one of the most important things have to go first? And, like Marluxia said, once the memories are gone, the heart collapses.

Aqua probably didn't want to do it, but perhaps what she knows about why he's asking is something that we definitely don't know- she has her reasons, if she actually goes through with it at all, which is still up for debate.

Well, this might be the case if erasing was something different from killing, but there's little to suggest that there is, once the translation peculiarities are taken into account.

Therefore, if Aqua actually was to do what Ven asked, there is little reason why she wouldn't just kill him quickly rather than making a mess of it. >_>; Since they're friends, she'd either a) refuse or b) try to make it as painless as possible, and doing some kind of weird thing that erases his memories first is not either of those. The first seems more likely to me, in any case.

Sweet Genocide

The authors theory. Id stop buying the game the day donald and goofy start asking for curaga during cut scenes.

Sweet Genocide

I think he means Ven is begging Terra to dispell him during a cutscene as if status problems could link into the actual story, which is just nutty.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Actually... we did have magic being used in a cutscene. Remember KH2? Aerith healed Yuffie in that scene during the march on Hollow Bastion.

Though... it does sound a little iffy when you say it that way.

Though maybe the status ailment is not actually an ailment of the kind that we're thinking of- the poison, slow, stone, etc. ailments that can be cured with a spell.

Maybe... I kind of lost track somewhere, I think.

Sweet Genocide

......there isnt really a status ailment. Dispel has nothing to do with the actual scene either. The author is just putting way too much thought into it.

Auron

Missing an eye
Magic being used in one cutscene does not relate it to the entire story, especially when it involves Aerith and Yuffie;P

I think it much more likely that Ven's erasure does happen slowly, but that someone other than Aqua starts the process.-_-

Auron

Missing an eye
Because she is the most obvious choice. C'mon, she's the magic user.;P

But I think that MX starts the erasure. That's why he knew Ven was forgetting things.:D

metalyoshi9

...so again, if he's being erased, why does he have to ask someone else?

And how is killing someone a slow process like that?

metalyoshi9

I hope so. I hated when I basically read the ending of Harry Potter 7 on a forum before its release. >_>

And for the record, I'm not saying this theory is stupid, I'm just trying to understand what he means because it doesn't make sense to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back