• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Erase? or should I say Dispel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
I've come across playing Final Fantasy 3 and I see Erase in the magic section...
which led me believe that its related to BBS because Ven said something about it
so I clicked on Erase and it led to Dispel....... how awkward can that be? and heres the link~

Dispel - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

it talks about Dispel which "appears mostly as White Magic in various games in the series. It removes positive status enhancements and some magic-based status ailments from its target. It is not always guaranteed that Dispel will work even if the creature does have a positive status effect on it. If there are no positive status effects on the creature that is the target of Dispel, there will be no effect."

and as you can see Ven asked someone to Erase him and so something is wrong with him...
this "status ailment" must be the problem now but what is it?
Ill let you decide or wait till we get info on the new game "Birth By Sleep"
If anyone has posted this Im dearly sorry...

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I don't think so. That doesn't seem to fit. Merely because, they don't really have status aliments in Kingdom Hearts, for one thing. Another, the context seems, out of place.

Naryx15

Yeah I doubt that kind of "erase" has anything to do with Ven.

By erase, it most likely means destroy or eliminate. Erase from existence.
It could also mean "erase me" in a way such as "forget about me" or "erase me from your memory."
No one knows. We won't know until the game comes out.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
"status ailment" could mean anything so you cant say it wouldnt fit in the game like a disease...
like for example memories, or youre whole life just goes away because of this one spell?
thats the information I can just give out of my head so pick up the clues.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I don't think that this fits.

Spells in general have never been really important to KH as a whole. For example, you don't see them running around trying to get their mits on Fire because it's required to defeat a Creeper Plant.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
we are talking about Birth By Sleep Here...
not the old KH Games~
has anyone even seen the new trailers and such forth?
how Terra almost even looked like he was using Meteor?
Even in KH1 you had to use fire to open up a door to get to Merlin? and dont say its just a little detail cause it isnt.
Chain of Memories Donald couldnt use his magic in Castle oblivion at first till later on....
how does magic not fit?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
not the old KH Games~
Even in KH1 you had to use fire to open up a door to get to Merlin? and dont say its just a little detail cause it isnt.
Chain of Memories Donald couldnt use his magic in Castle oblivion at first till later on....
how does magic not fit?

Magic may be a MINOR plot point at times, but it never rises to the calibur of the Keyblade, hearts, or darkness in terms of plot relevance.

I was using the old KH games as an example of what BBS would be like.

You're saying that Terra used Meteor like it's as important as the black materia from FFVII.

Magic DOES fit, but when it's convienient. Like I said, it's not like Sora needs Holy to cleanse the Heartless.

Naryx15

not the old KH Games~
how does magic not fit?

Who cares?
The entire idea of Ven being "erased" as a spell is stupid.
Doesn't even make sense.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
fine whatever~
guess you didnt understand me at all!
since it is possible that Aqua is that shadow, which we all think she uses magic and all shit.
I was just saying she could heal his unknown source...
thanks for not agreeing what this has come to, good day to you all.

Naryx15

fine whatever~
guess you didnt understand me at all!
since it is possible that Aqua is that shadow, which we all think she uses magic and all shit.
I was just saying she could heal his unknown source...
thanks for not agreeing what this has come to, good day to you all.

Aqua does have pretty good magic from what we see in the secret ending,
but I'm just saying the idea that "erase" is "dispel" doesn't make any sense.
If Ven wanted himself to be healed, he wouldn't say "erase me"
He would've said "erase it from me" or something along those lines.

metalyoshi9

Well, I like the research and thought you put into this, but I've heard the original Japanese video, and I know enough Japanese to understand that "kesu," the Japanese verb to "erase", is also used as a way to lightly say "kill", since "korosu" - "to kill"- is much too strong of a verb.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Well, I like the research and thought you put into this, but I've heard the original Japanese video, and I know enough Japanese to understand that "kesu," the Japanese verb to "erase", is also used as a way to lightly say "kill", since "korosu" - "to kill"- is much too strong of a verb.

So, question, then, out of curiosity - is "kesu" the word that Riku uses in CoM when he asks Mickey to "destroy" him if he can't beat Ansem?

I'd kind of figured that it was supposed to be a term referring to a special kind of killing, mainly because of its almost-exclusive use in The World Ends With You, but this explanation makes sense as well.

EastHype

Ignorance.

Terra would not 'erase' Ven rather he would choose sora to serve as a container to store Ventus' body.
Which would explain why the two are observing Sora and Riku sparring on Destiny Islands, Terra would choose Riku as a next in line to inherit the ability to weild the keyblade and Sora as a vessel for Ven's body.

However although Riku was chosen as to be the 'Keyblade master' his heart succumbs to darkness and 'he is not qualified to weild the keyblade', Maleficent grants Riku the ability to weild the darkness.

In Hallow Bastion Xehanort's Heartless possess Riku and delves into the depths of darkness in order to weild a keyblade not of light but of darkness with the ability to release it as opposed to sealing it.

After defeating Xehanort Heartless and Riku, Sora struck himself with the Keyblade of darkness and became a heartless which releases Ven's body however that body did not retain his Heart so instead of Ventus being reborn it gave birth to the nobody Roxas and left Sora to become a heartless however he retained his 'memories' even in this form and returned to his body.

but there is still a problem how can Roxas still exist with Sora's Heart and Body in tact.

the answer Roxas is Ventus' body. Ventus rather than being erased was placed in Sora's body in a sort of 'Sleep' which later gives 'birth' to Roxas.

Thus the phrase 'Birth By Sleep' was coined.

as Master Xehanort foretold Ventus would cross the wall of light and dark as the nobody Roxas.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
Ignorance.

Terra would not 'erase' Ven rather he would choose sora to serve as a container to store Ventus' body.
Which would explain why the two are observing Sora and Riku sparring on Destiny Islands, Terra would choose Riku as a next in line to inherit the ability to weild the keyblade and Sora as a vessel for Ven's body.

However although Riku was chosen as to be the 'Keyblade master' his heart succumbs to darkness and 'he is not qualified to weild the keyblade', Maleficent grants Riku the ability to weild the darkness.

In Hallow Bastion Xehanort's Heartless possess Riku and delves into the depths of darkness in order to weild a keyblade not of light but of darkness with the ability to release it as opposed to sealing it.

After defeating Xehanort Heartless and Riku, Sora struck himself with the Keyblade of darkness and became a heartless which releases Ven's body however that body did not retain his Heart so instead of Ventus being reborn it gave birth to the nobody Roxas and left Sora to become a heartless however he retained his 'memories' even in this form and returned to his body.

but there is still a problem how can Roxas still exist with Sora's Heart and Body in tact.

the answer Roxas is Ventus' body. Ventus rather than being erased was placed in Sora's body in a sort of 'Sleep' which later gives 'birth' to Roxas.

as Master Xehanort foretold Ventus would cross the wall of light and dark as the nobody Roxas.

THIS HAS NO SIGNIFICANCE IN MY THREAD AT ALL!

EastHype

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by EastHype
Ignorance.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

THIS HAS NO SIGNIFICANCE IN MY THREAD AT ALL!

Actually it does due to the fact you made an attempt to quote Ventus when he requested Terra 'Erase' him and failed.

SCOREBOARD : 2 points East | 0 points xjeezlouisx

would you like to go another round??? FYI Final Fantasy magics have no relevance to the Kingdom Hearts storyline in any manner.

SCOREBOARD : 3 points East | 0 points xjeezlouisx

you fail and now get off the forums.

but from the looks of it 'He who knows nothing, can understand NOTHING.' - Xehanort's Heatless.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
Actually it does due to the fact you made an attempt to quote Ventus when he requested Terra 'Erase' him and failed.

well yeah he did but it was a fan made quote of his that had nothing to do what I was talking about
i mean really now make youre own thread if youre gunna start a new one on mine~

would you like to go another round??? FYI Final Fantasy magics have no relevance to the Kingdom Hearts storyline in any manner.
How the hell are you suppose to know?
its not like its confirmed or anything so you cant even say that.
and think about it bub were talking about the NEW KH

you fail and now get off the forums.
you cant tell anyone to get off of the forums, you have no rights!

but from the looks of it 'He who knows nothing, can understand NOTHING.' - Xehanort's Heatless.
oh wow stealing phrases off a game im so flattered!
well guess what "mess with the Bull, and you get the horns!"

metalyoshi9

So, question, then, out of curiosity - is "kesu" the word that Riku uses in CoM when he asks Mickey to "destroy" him if he can't beat Ansem?

I'd kind of figured that it was supposed to be a term referring to a special kind of killing, mainly because of its almost-exclusive use in The World Ends With You, but this explanation makes sense as well.

Sorry, I haven't watched that video in Japanese...I'll look for it. But you're probably right.
Erase is the indirect way of saying it, which is favorable especially in a situation such as "Kill me", which otherwise sounds too harsh.

And yes, you're totally right about TWEWY. =]
A special note about that is the fact that in that game, even in the Japanese version, the enemies are still referred to as Noise (not translated or anything, just the English word.)
Interesting stuff.

And for EastHype, calm down.
No one wants to hear you being obnoxious, so please, take it somewhere else.
And don't you think about harassing xjeezlouisx, who is almost a PREMIUM MEMBER, again.
Really. This should be common sense.

EastHype

Haha I apologize. However you couldn't piece anything together anything huh? not trying to bash your thread but seriously c'mon...Xigbar witnessed the events of birth by sleep as Braig along with the other apprentices of Ansem The Wise, he said it himself. Sora was not meant to weild the keyblade Terra chose Riku thats why Riku could see the keyhole in the Secret Place at Destiny Isle as a child while Sora couldn't. This should be the biggest clue of all and i dunno why No One Else sees it. Remember in Kingdom Hearts 2 where Sora and Roxas encouter one another at the station of serenity in The World That Never Was? Roxas asked Sora "Why did 'HE' choose you?" he meant why did Terra choose Sora as a vessel for his body. then he told Sora "I see, you make a good other." Sora would be Ventus' other existence.

metalyoshi9

Haha I apologize. However you couldn't piece anything together anything huh? not trying to bash your thread but seriously c'mon...Xigbar witnessed the events of birth by sleep as Braig along with the other apprentices of Ansem The Wise, he said it himself. Sora was not meant to weild the keyblade Terra chose Riku thats why Riku could see the keyhole in the Secret Place at Destiny Isle as a child while Sora couldn't. This should be the biggest clue of all and i dunno why No One Else sees it. Remember in Kingdom Hearts 2 where Sora and Roxas encouter one another at the station of serenity in The World That Never Was? Roxas asked Sora "Why did 'HE' choose you?" he meant why did Terra choose Sora as a vessel for his body. then he told Sora "I see, you make a good other." Sora would be Ventus' other existence.

Actually...I like this.
I like it a lot.
As well as your first post here.

I still don't forgive you for being an ass, but I'll overlook that. ;P

This is very good, really. Of the top of my head, I don't see any flaws to it.
You should post a new thread with this + the first post you put here.
Put it up to the test of SA and others. It may not survive entirely, but I think it'll do better than most of what I see around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back