• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Erase? or should I say Dispel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Okay, OP, I have absolutely no idea what your theory is. None.

But, and this is going on the meager understanding that I do have, you're saying that Ven is asking Aqua not to 'erase him' but rather to 'erase what's inside him' much in the way that Dispel does.

However, and if this is wrong, my bad, considering I'm not too up to date with Final Fantasy, Dispel is used to negate the positive effects that enemies give themselves, ie Haste, Regen, etc.

If this theory were to work, then what Ven wanted erased had to have been a positive effect, not a negative one. So, it stands to question, why would Ven want to get rid of a positive effect?

Also, hasn't it been confirmed that that quote was another stupid mistranslation? It is indeed 'it' and not 'he'. 'It' referring to the keyblade. And, that would make the most sense, because didn't Roxas want to know why the keyblades chose him? Why he was given the keyblades? If so, and he learned that he only weilds them because of Sora, then it stands to reason that he would want to know why the keyblade chose Sora.

I don't see how Terra's will could be transferred to a keyblade. If that had been the case, then Terra would have gone with his original plan, and had Riku take the keyblade, correct? No, I don't think Terra could have been able to transfer his will to the keyblade. After all, it sounds to me that the keyblade is a mysterious object that they didn't know much about. If that's so, how would Terra have been able to transfer his will into a keyblade that was not made by him, therefore he wouldn't know the inner workings of the keyblade.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I don't see how Terra's will could be transferred to a keyblade. If that had been the case, then Terra would have gone with his original plan, and had Riku take the keyblade, correct? No, I don't think Terra could have been able to transfer his will to the keyblade. After all, it sounds to me that the keyblade is a mysterious object that they didn't know much about. If that's so, how would Terra have been able to transfer his will into a keyblade that was not made by him, therefore he wouldn't know the inner workings of the keyblade.

If we were to assume that the will/heart/soul/whatever of a weilder goes into the Keyblade, then it would be perfectly logical to assume that the collective will of Keybladers past got a moment of dominance over Terra.

Either that, or it recognized that:

A. Riku was in darkness, so at the time, he was incompatible.

B. It recognized Ven in Sora, and was drawn to him.

Lifes.Lover

Website
If we were to assume that the will/heart/soul/whatever of a weilder goes into the Keyblade, then it would be perfectly logical to assume that the collective will of Keybladers past got a moment of dominance over Terra.

Either that, or it recognized that:

A. Riku was in darkness, so at the time, he was incompatible.

B. It recognized Ven in Sora, and was drawn to him.

If we are to think that, then we would also have to assume that the souls had some sort of indelible mark on them, right? How would the keyblade be able to fit all of them in? And, also, how would Terra have learned to put his soul in his keyblade?

Or does it just automatically happen when a keyblader dies? If so, I feel bad for Sora's soul. Trapped in a keyblade. Man, that'd suck.

Eh... I'd rather go with A, instead of B, though B sounds likely. B is more... I've always figured that the keyblade chose Sora because he was the closest to Riku with the strongest heart at the time that the choosing was necessary.

Then again, I'm also reminded now that the keyblade chose Sora before the darkness took over the world that night.

So... maybe B? B sounds more plausible when remembering that Sora was chosen before the door opened.

Angel

If we are to think that, then we would also have to assume that the souls had some sort of indelible mark on them, right? How would the keyblade be able to fit all of them in? And, also, how would Terra have learned to put his soul in his keyblade?

facepalm

What do you mean an indelible mark? I'd guess that the Keyblader's soul is transformed into a keychain.

There would be 2 groups struggling for dominance in this scenario: the keyblader immediately previous, and all the others that form the collective mind.

Or does it just automatically happen when a keyblader dies? If so, I feel bad for Sora's soul. Trapped in a keyblade. Man, that'd suck.

Poor soul.

Eh... I'd rather go with A, instead of B, though B sounds likely. B is more... I've always figured that the keyblade chose Sora because he was the closest to Riku with the strongest heart at the time that the choosing was necessary.

Well, unless Riku giving into the dark was a sign of weakness..?

Then again, I'm also reminded now that the keyblade chose Sora before the darkness took over the world that night.

Elaborate, please.

So... maybe B? B sounds more plausible when remembering that Sora was chosen before the door opened.

Uh huh. Not to mention that Terra and Ven's relationship is just one emotional scene away from becoming SoRi. DX

Lifes.Lover

Website

Don't you facepalm me!

What do you mean an indelible mark? I'd guess that the Keyblader's soul is transformed into a keychain.

Indelible mark. Kind of like how, in CoM, memories leave an indelible mark upon the soul? Even if you forget your memories, they still left a mark on you. However, my thoughts on what this had to with souls and keyblades has since been lost in transition, and should probably be dropped. I don't remember!

If it was transformed into a keychain, which might be possible, considering that keychains are meant to be the memories of something or someone, then I suppose it might happen. However, if that was so, there can only be one keychain on a keyblade at one time. If that's so, then the previous keychain would have to have been removed, which means that the previous keychain/soul is no longer there to interfere with Terra and his plans for Riku.

There would be 2 groups struggling for dominance in this scenario: the keyblader immediately previous, and all the others that form the collective mind.

Would not work, according to above statement. However, the only way it would work, is if all of the souls of the keyblade weilders went into one collective keychain. Then, it could work.

Poor soul.

Yes, indeed.

Well, unless Riku giving into the dark was a sign of weakness..?

Well, of course that's a sign of weakness, which is why I always assumed that that was the reason for the keyblade to have chosen Sora, instead.

Elaborate, please.

Well, if I must. *long elongated sigh*

The beginning of the game does not start with the island being lost to the darkness. It starts, instead, with Sora having that weird not-dream of his, where a voice speaks to him about being the chosen, and how he will be the one to open the door. This insinuates that the keyblade already knew about Riku's losing battle to the darkness within his heart, and it instead chose Sora.

However, it's been confirmed that Sora literally snatched the keyblade when he was reaching out for Riku's hand during the scene at night. So, really, the keyblade had originally chosen Riku, but was against Riku and going towards Sora (perhaps becuase of the likeness to Ven, or perhaps because of the original thought that he had the strongest, closest heart), but was then completely taken by Sora during the night the island was lost.

Very confusing.

Uh huh. Not to mention that Terra and Ven's relationship is just one emotional scene away from becoming SoRi. DX

Wait, what? LOL, these guys have good relationships.

Angel

If it was transformed into a keychain, which might be possible, considering that keychains are meant to be the memories of something or someone, then I suppose it might happen. However, if that was so, there can only be one keychain on a keyblade at one time. If that's so, then the previous keychain would have to have been removed, which means that the previous keychain/soul is no longer there to interfere with Terra and his plans for Riku.

hmm. I suppose that's right, but once the keychain is attached, the damage is done. Terra is now a part of the Keyblade.

Well, of course that's a sign of weakness, which is why I always assumed that that was the reason for the keyblade to have chosen Sora, instead.

*points at Reverse/Rebirth, commanding Lifes.Lover to replay it*

The beginning of the game does not start with the island being lost to the darkness. It starts, instead, with Sora having that weird not-dream of his, where a voice speaks to him about being the chosen, and how he will be the one to open the door. This insinuates that the keyblade already knew about Riku's losing battle to the darkness within his heart, and it instead chose Sora.

mmhmm. I get it....

However, it's been confirmed that Sora literally snatched the keyblade when he was reaching out for Riku's hand during the scene at night. So, really, the keyblade had originally chosen Riku, but was against Riku and going towards Sora (perhaps becuase of the likeness to Ven, or perhaps because of the original thought that he had the strongest, closest heart), but was then completely taken by Sora during the night the island was lost.

Maybe Riku had a dream like that pre-KH1. When he saw the keyhole..

Wait, what? LOL, these guys have good relationships.

*sigh* Nomura-san loves his yaoi.

Lifes.Lover

Website
hmm. I suppose that's right, but once the keychain is attached, the damage is done. Terra is now a part of the Keyblade.

If Terra's soul actually went to a keyblade, and not the keychain. Of course, this is also assuming that the keyblade Terra's soul is in is actually the same keyblade that went to Riku. There are many keyblades, apparently. Quite a coincidence.

*points at Reverse/Rebirth, commanding Lifes.Lover to replay it*

That would require me to ever actually having played it in the first place. However, it is a sign of weakness that he gave into the darkness. Hence why Riku was partly ashamed to show his Rikunort face in KH2. That does not mean that I think Riku is weak. After all, he didn't ever lose his heart, and, in the end, didn't really give into the darkness, either.

Maybe Riku had a dream like that pre-KH1. When he saw the keyhole..

Hmm... Good point. I never thought of that, though, in the end, it doesn't matter, because the keyblade still didn't go to him. Also, in that flashack scene, wasn't it shown that Riku saw the key hole to the door long ago, before Kairi came to the islands? If so, that definitely ties into Terra having chosen him.

*sigh* Nomura-san loves his yaoi.

I couldn't blame him.

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, OP, I have absolutely no idea what your theory is. None.

But, and this is going on the meager understanding that I do have, you're saying that Ven is asking Aqua not to 'erase him' but rather to 'erase what's inside him' much in the way that Dispel does.

However, and if this is wrong, my bad, considering I'm not too up to date with Final Fantasy, Dispel is used to negate the positive effects that enemies give themselves, ie Haste, Regen, etc.

If this theory were to work, then what Ven wanted erased had to have been a positive effect, not a negative one. So, it stands to question, why would Ven want to get rid of a positive effect?

if you havnt heard, dispel takes out poison,ect and status ailments.... its been said in the last post's
and youre wrong by the way so thanks for trying to understand i appreciate it, i really do =0]
this is basically how i want people to reply!

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
well as we all know we see aqua as this Magus or Devout person~
and so im not talking about the specific spell Erase or Dispel, kinda but then again yeah?
so we have Ven saying "Erase Me" and the camera points at the shadow.
it gives you a clue Erase is a spell and well Aqua might be that Magus or Devout person due to the shadow.
so the meaning of Erase continues on to Magic which also means dispel which cancels out status ailments like blind or poison maybe even stone.
if Ven has said that then there must be obviously something wrong with him, but what?
and thats where i say ill let you decide, but so far buffoons are replying with idiotic post's... not yours..

Lifes.Lover

Website
I have absolutely no idea what a Magus or Devout person is. Secondly, I don't know if Aqua is one such person. She deals in mostly magic based attacks. Is that what you mean to say?

Also, how does the camera pointing to a shadow (who is Aqua, if you didn't know, which I think you do, looking back on your post) signify that Erase is a spell?

Obviously, something is wrong with Ventus, because he wants to be erased. Either way, whether it be complete erasure, like most of us believe, or your theory that there's something inside him that needs to be erased, obviously, Ven thinks something's wrong.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
I have absolutely no idea what a Magus or Devout person is. Secondly, I don't know if Aqua is one such person. She deals in mostly magic based attacks. Is that what you mean to say?
Magus is like a Black Magic based person and Devout is like a White Magic based person~
and yes that is just what I mean@!
Also, how does the camera pointing to a shadow (who is Aqua, if you didn't know, which I think you do, looking back on your post) signify that Erase is a spell?
Well yeah it could be Aqua if you say but it would be like 70% to me since we havnt actually seen the shadows true form, because looks are deceiving...

Obviously, something is wrong with Ventus, because he wants to be erased. Either way, whether it be complete erasure, like most of us believe, or your theory that there's something inside him that needs to be erased, obviously, Ven thinks something's wrong.
Exactly!

metalyoshi9

Magus is like a Black Magic based person and Devout is like a White Magic based person~
and yes that is just what I mean@!

Well yeah it could be Aqua if you say but it would be like 70% to me since we havnt actually seen the shadows true form, because looks are deceiving...

Exactly!

Well, I respect by your opinion, but still stand strongly by the notion that it's not a healing "erase" but a killing one (again, due to the wording used in the orginial Japanese- 'kesu' being an indirect way of saying 'kill' with the actual meaning being 'erase'.)

And as for what's wrong with him to be erased...well, I just saw this topic somewhere else. If he's either an Unbirth, or a BWHoPL, it would make sense for him to want to be erased, and would cause quite the drama among the three.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I respect by your opinion, but still stand strongly by the notion that it's not a healing "erase" but a killing one (again, due to the wording used in the orginial Japanese- 'kesu' being an indirect way of saying 'kill' with the actual meaning being 'erase'.)
youre right about that part......
well idk I see like Erase meaning Dispel as well could mean Kill would possibly mean "kill it inside him" or "Kill him the actual being"?
there are many options but so far two...

also indicating in my mind and using common sense~
you would have to say the spell to activate it in Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts
so if you were silenced you wouldnt be able to use magic and silence is one of the ailment's
and in FF3 Erase would mean to Erase what the word was or Magic like CoM that happened to Donald.
like if i say FIRE i would activate fire and if someone casted Erase it would mean amnesia...
because you have completely forgotten the spell for just few seconds or maybe even days.

Last edited:

Angel

To the OP:

I'm sorry that I haven't posted this sooner, but the spell you're describing is Esuna. Not Dispel.

As has been said before, Dispel gets rid of positive effects on the enemy.

Esuna heals poison, etc.

>.<

Auron

Missing an eye
We have been shown no signs that disease even exists in the KH universe, except with Xemnas, who is mentally challenged and insane:p

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com
To the OP:

I'm sorry that I haven't posted this sooner, but the spell you're describing is Esuna. Not Dispel.

As has been said before, Dispel gets rid of positive effects on the enemy.

Esuna heals poison, etc.

>.<

oh fuck im getting confused now! x0[
too much final fantasy in my head because usual when you play other games that have dispel you would think its the same definition..

We have been shown no signs that disease even exists in the KH universe, except with Xemnas, who is mentally challenged and insane:p

you are so late!

Auron

Missing an eye
I am never late, I posted that EXACTLY when I wanted and needed to

Anyway, it's obviously saying that Ven wants Aqua to kill him

But of course she won't-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back