• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Epiphany of Barcodes.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
We've all been traveling for a long time haven't we?? Trying to escape the Tyrant and make sure his goons don't kill us, or worse bring us back to HIM.

It seems like many years have passed at this point and we all have just gotten stronger at every turn. I believe in the evolution of us humans as a species but living in this world has restricted our very nature. In these past several months we've seen a drastic increase in our abilities than ever before. I know it means something. I can feel it deep inside that we can stand and fight, take back our world that has been stolen from us!!!

If we are to get to this goal we'll have to condition ourselves much further. That is why I've called you two here. Let us realize our true potential!!! A match between the three of us could be fun...

EWS and KSX this should amuse you a bit. I'm sure you understand the purpose of this challenge...

Location <-----click
A city recently ravaged by the drones unleashed upon its inhabitants for harboring the defected.

Rules: You already understand these.

Post your appropriate character when ready. Here's mine.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Pulver City lay nearly in complete ruins, having been ravaged by the drones the Tyrant had sent out to reek havoc on the inhabitants as punishment for both hiding and harboring many of the defected and also being the location of the resistances headquarters. For miles and miles across what used to be a beautiful metropolis, all that could be witnessed was massive destruction in every direction. With the employment and use of such advanced technology and the drone's means to rapidly topple even larger structures where humans might seek refuge, there had been virtually no chance of being prepared for the attack on the city.

"This is all so wrong." The one the resistance containing many of the defected called The Brain by most; Absolon by his friends, stepped over a mass of debris and looked to the sky. Fires still burned all over the city, thick smoke billowing so intensely in some areas that they were almost completely obscured from view. "Unbelievable. How is it the defected here could have been beaten so badly without our guidance??" Everything from demolished buses to billboards littered the streets that were still intact. Much of the pavement within the streets themselves was badly damaged. Falling debris, missiles, bombs, energy cannons and other dangerous weaponry had been used during the strike but The Brain questioned the validity of the reports about the supposed abilities those with defected barcodes like himself, Dustin and Erebos possessed. If Pulver City had been ravaged on this level, the defected were still far too weak to even fight back.

As Absolon continued to stroll up one of the main streets he passed under one of the new monorail system stations, finding that the train was hanging sideways off the track itself which among other things was in quite bad shape. "I've only ridden on one of these things a single time. What a waste of technology." Within seconds the entire thing came crashing down to the ground. Rather than produce a massive explosion of some sort as would be expected, a wave of coldness swept over the surrounding area where the monorail car had fallen behind Absolon. He continued to walk forward up the street, cringing each time he passed or had to meander around a mutilated or otherwise deceased human being. "Maybe I went about this the wrong way?? My fear has caused all of this..." Having been absorbed a bit into his own thoughts about Pulver City's destruction made Absolon trip over and object on the ground. He stumbled and fell, landing on grime and several broken pieces of pavement. Yet another horror greeted him then.

"Shit!!!"

Absolon grimaced as he stared into the eyes of a dead little boy still clutching a teddy bear. "Such widespread destruction like this is something I can barely fathom at this point. I'm sorry for what has happened here and for all the lives we've lost." Blood trailed from the boy's mouth and had pooled on top of a rock his head seemed to have been cracked on. Feeling even worse for this child because of his own youth, Absolon reached out and closed the boys eyes which were open in a gaze of shock. After standing up Absolon looked back at the boy only once. He continued further into the city, stopping several times to put out a fire that still burned out of control or to help a random civilian he came across that was in need of help.

Nearly everyone had been evacuated to the outer city which wasn't as badly damaged as the sector Absolon was in, which was the actual reason he'd come in the first place. Information about the location of the secret headquarters had been given to both an un-revealed individual, Dustin Ramirez and Absolon Mercator. A simple difference had dramatically changed what had happened with such information. What was to come because of this would end up reshaping the entire idea of who the defected were and what they stood for in the face of the Tyrant.

At the end of the main road through Pulver City a gigantic mall spanned nearly three miles into the distance but already Absolon could see The Mapper standing on top of the food court's roof. This was the predetermined spot they had been supposed to meet up at several days prior to prevent the large scale attack from happening. Obviously that isn't what had transpired, if it had of been Pulver City wouldn't be in the ruined state it was in. "Hmm...this is going to suck. I already know it," The Brain sighed deeply and levitated up to the mall's rooftop where Dustin was waiting and then took the last few steps toward him, stopping a few feet short. He wondered where exactly the third contact was but was unconcerned with where he was in general.

"Dustin I'm going to be straight forward with this." Absolon rubbed his chin and extended his had downward toward the glass roof, "I lied to you about pretty much everything. Since the start, I've been working for Tobias Mercator; the man you know only as The Tyrant." Absolon had to laugh at this, he was a traitor to the human race, more concerned about how his father might have been in controlling everybody on the planet. He'd found out the truth and that had changed everything. "You probably want to kill me now but before you flip out lemme say this," Absolon sighed again. "Don't be rash or reckless, you'll end up hurt. I'm done with dear old daddy and am ready to change my ways..."

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Dustin couldn't even speak. The evidence was before him, but he really didn't want to believe it. How could they have been so accurate? So efficient? He was quite sure the headquarters was secure. The teenager stood on top of the food court area in a desolated mall. Weeks before, the mall had been bustling with people. People who were hungry and came to the very food court he was standing in. Swiped their designated bar codes against the TranScanner and made their way to sit at the very tables that were now blackened. All gone. All gone.

The 19 year old allowed a deep breath to fill his lungs as he exhaled sorrow and carbon dioxide. He was young, probably too young to see widespread destruction on this scale. Hell, someone his age should be frolicking in a mall just like this one. But no longer. The enigma known as The Tyrant saw to it that prosperity was a commodity the human race couldn't buy. And those like him...ones with defective barcodes, weren't even allowed a chance to window shop. Pulver City was gone. All that was left was the cries of the desolated. Dustin couldn't bear to hear it. He clenched his jaw, pressing his front two sets of teeth together as he was forced to listen to the sounds of the helpless. He clenched his fists. How could he let this happen? Why wasn't he here sooner? He could've stopped this...he could've...

His thoughts were interrupted by a figure floating up to his position. Immediately Dustin deduced it was Absolon. The level of levitation was impeccable. The Locator Eye installed into his right eye activated, as evidenced by the crimson glow it began to produce as a wave of light rotated over Absolon, procuding an X-Ray of his skeleton and searching for his barcode. It didn't take long for the eye to find it, however the process was interupted by Dustin.

"Dammit! Stop. Doing that!" He said, covering his right eye and hitting himself with his palm a few times. Keeping his hand there, he turned to Absolon and smirked. "What's up?"

"Dustin I'm going to be straight forward with this. I lied to you about pretty much everything. Since the start, I've been working for Tobias Mercator; the man you know only as The Tyrant."

Was he serious? Dustin, now aware the situation has taken even more of a dramatic turn than before, slowly let his arm fall to his side. His eyebrows began to narrow into a scowl. He opened his mouth to speak, probably what would be lashes but Absolon continued.

"You probably want to kill me now but before you flip out lemme say this. Don't be rash or reckless, you'll end up hurt. I'm done with dear old daddy and am ready to change my ways..."

Absolon was right about one thing. Dustin wouldn't be reckless. He knew the amount of power his fellow Defective possesed. How was he supposed to react to this? What was he supposed to say? A moment of silence filled the space where Dustin should have replied.

"...Are you responsible for the deaths of all these people?" Dustin inquired, his tone serious, voice shaky, his locator eye hot red. He was trying to relieve himself of tension but that seemed to increase the amount of tension he put between the both of them. "What do you mean 'change your ways'?"

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
For the time being Absolon was remaining in the same line of though. He was a good reader of people's emotions and could tell that his revelation to Dustin had set him off. After knowing the guy for such a long time and experiencing his personality, Absolon expected the response that was given to him. Immediately he became wary of the eye that Dustin had. The more Dustin thought about what Absolon had told him, the brighter it got. It didn't take long for Absolon to respond, his expression dull and void of any emotion that showed he was sorry.

"Well technically the answer is yes. I changed the information being sent to both you and the agent and also gave my father the location of this place. I didn't know this is what would happen though." Absolon smiled as he continued, "I just wanted so badly for my father to love me the way he loves to see all of us suffer, it made me do a lot of things I now regret. I can't change any of the things I've done but I can surely help to change the future." He wondered just how Dustin was really feeling about all of this. If he felt that Absolon was a traitor that fact couldn't be denied by Absolon regardless of how he were to explain himself.

A soft sigh sounded from Absolon's mouth as he stared into the locator eye that Dustin possessed, "It might as well be all my fault mang. I was actually supposed to help with the attack but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I care so little about most people that I left my emotions for the people of this city on the side." He shpook his head back and forth, laughing at the situation. "We defected are supposed to be able to do something about the Tyrant and yet look what has happened here..." A wave of his right hand gestured to the destruction the city had faced. It showed that the resistance had a long way to go and needed better leadership if they were to change anything.

"Truth is Dustin, I only showed up to see if you're worthy of a job that until this day I wasn't ready for. Apparently the third member I wanted to be here is light." For a brief instant Absolon struggled to compile his thoughts. He knew that he in fact had probably ruined his one and only true friendship and now he'd have to pay the price. A single stomp from Absolon's foot cracked the glass the roof was composed of. It began to fracture and break, spreading from the area where Absolon had damaged it using his foot as a hammer of sorts by influencing it using his telekinetic ability.

Both red eyes in The Brain's sockets glowed as static electricity started to brim from them, his hands also sparked with electricity. "Show me why you're The Mapper. Right. Now." Outward from Absolon a wave of electricity erupted in an omni-directional blast that shattered an even larger hole in the glass roof. He was only three feet from Dustin, so now it had begun...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
"Well technically the answer is yes. I changed the information being sent to both you and the agent and also gave my father the location of this place. I didn't know this is what would happen though. I just wanted so badly for my father to love me the way he loves to see all of us suffer, it made me do a lot of things I now regret. I can't change any of the things I've done but I can surely help to change the future."

His friend was the son of the Tyrant. That was all Dustin's thoughts managed to repeat. All this time. All of the battles they fought until now. All along, Absolon had been feeding his father spoonfuls of information. And those spoonfuls devoured the morale of the Defective. The Locator Eye burned hot crimson. It's glow almost eclipsed all other colors in Dustin's eye. As if it was detecting every traitorous action Absolon had taken.

Absolon was a traitor. He sold out this city to his father and this was the result. The Mapper seethed with rage. It teemed at the brim of his mind, ready to explode in a fit of fury at his friend. But he couldn't speak. He stood there, battling with himself. What would he do? What was he going to do? What could he have POSSIBLY done? Fight his friend?

....Would he?
"It might as well be all my fault mang. I was actually supposed to help with the attack but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I care so little about most people that I left my emotions for the people of this city on the side.We defected are supposed to be able to do something about the Tyrant and yet look what has happened here..."

Was he...laughing? How could he possibly laugh at a time like this? Dustin clenched his fists. He just wanted to...to punch him! To make his friend understand the weight of his actions! Open his eyes! Didn't he understand? If anything, one who is revered by his fellow defective as "The Brain" should be able to cognitively understand the consequences.

"Truth is Dustin, I only showed up to see if you're worthy of a job that until this day I wasn't ready for. Apparently the third member I wanted to be here is light."

A stomp from Absolon's foot created a small fissure in the glass below the pair. What was he doing? His eyes and hands began brimming with electricity. Dustin had began to put the pieces together.

All too late however.

"Wait! Absolo-"

"Show me why you're The Mapper. Right. Now."

Electricity bursted from The Brain, shattering a hole in the glass ground beneath Dustin. So it's come to this...As Dustin fell toward the mall below, he pushed the lower portion of his trench coat to the side and in one fluid motion, detached the gauntlet at his waist from it's holster. He set the machine on his arm, as pressurized steam vented while the multiple bolts quickly holstered down, piercing through Dustin's arm. It was quite painful, a pain he had grown accustomed to. His barcode lit up and fed him a HUD through his Locator Eye of the remaining solar power output inside the machine. The neon barcode flickered to life.The Talon was activated. Using the Grapplers on The Talon, he has attached himself toward a pillar,and pulled his way over there. He was a small distance from Absolon and below him by a level on the mall. The adrenaline that rushed through Dustin's body had already began biologically altering him to maximize his fight or flight potential. He dug The Talon into the pillar and used the momentum as leighway to push him upward and began running up the side of the pillar. Jumping off he turned, and aimed the gauntlet at the remaining glass. The whine of the power could be heard as he released a quick concussive blast to eliminate the glass under Absolon.

"Absolon! We don't have to do this!" Dustin pleaded. He didn't want to fight his friend. He wanted to punch him earlier, yes, but that didn't mean he wanted to get in large scale conflict with him. It didn't mean he wanted to give up on him. It didn't mean he wanted....this.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"Figures." Dustin had showed no sign of fear, even as he fell, both eyes had been focused on his surroundings, the eye shining as it transferred all types of information directly into the brain of The Mapper. He'd reacted accordingly and made use of the talon, making the claw on the techno-gauntlet to fasten onto a giant pillar in the center of the food quart. This pillar was quite large, it extended from the 1st floor all the way up through the roof on the 7th floor to support the 'Food Court Plaza' sign. Within a very short period of time Dustin had ran more than half way up the pillar from where he'd fallen.

Absolon stood looking out across the broken glass as Dustin got closer. "What the hell is he doing??" A quick shot from the gauntlet shattered the glass from beneath Absolon's feet, scattering it in different directions, from the force of the blast Dustin had used. Absolon floated there in the same spot, levitation being an ability he was able to sustain effortlessly. "How can you say that?? You're blasting the roof from under my feet but saying you don't want to do this...LIAR!!!"

Normally a scream wouldn't produce a lot of force coming from one person's mouth as the sound escaped but this wasn't a normal situation. Absolon could produce varying types of energy from his body, sound included. A bang sounded after Absolon yelled, smashing a shock-wave of force created by an intense frequency produced by The Brain. "I don't understand how you are saying we don't need to do this and yet you attack me in response??" Absolon ran along the side of another pillar, then jumped off to land on a level area of the mall where the arcade was located. The entire floor was an arcade, all kinds of machinery were scattered about the area. Most of the clutter as from the obvious evacuation that had already taken place.

"Come on Dustin. You don't think that I'm out to kill you right?? This is just a way to see how far we have come and where we will go in the future." Absolon let more electricity streak from his fingertips in Dustin's direction. "Don't be all scared about it..."

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
"How can you say that?? You're blasting the roof from under my feet but saying you don't want to do this...LIAR!!!"

Unsurprisingly, Absolon had evaded Dustin's maneuver by simply floating above the space that had now shattered into numerous shards of glass. However, the attack was not to harm, but to shock. With that scream, The Mapper's colleague produced a shockwave of immense properties. By just screaming, Dustin was sent crashing into what remains of an arcade in the mall, knocking over a game station as he was hurled through the former attraction.
"I don't understand how you are saying we don't need to do this and yet you attack me in response??"

Because they didn't have to. What good would this battle do? In Dustin's opinion it wouldn't get them anywhere. Now on top of the fact the The Brain was a traitor...He couldn't make sense of anything right now.

"Come on Dustin. You don't think that I'm out to kill you right?? This is just a way to see how far we have come and where we will go in the future.
Don't be all scared about it..."

Laughter could be heard from within the arcade. It was a joyous echo that absolutely contrasted with the horrific tone of the building. It echoed throughout the empty, ravished mall.

"Come on, friend," He began, as he looked up from his current kneeled state, recovering from Absolon's last attack. "You know as well as I do...I don't scare so EASILY!" He shouted. If Absolon wanted a fight, so be it. Optimistic and naiive as always, but Dustin was going to hopefully show Absolon the error of his ways through usage of his fists. His body began to convert to metal, as he began changing his biological make up. He could feel his body becoming cold, and hardened. Reaching down, he effortlessly grabbed the station he had knocked over with one hand, clenching down on the machine, bending it to sustain his grip. Taking a step of momentum, he hurled the entire machine at his cohort and then ran after it, sliding under the machine as it flew at The Brain he began charging up a thermal blast from The Talon, intending to assault his comrade from all sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back