• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Epic Reborn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muramasa

In the Observatory​

Daniel sat back in his leather chair behind a desk, over looking the final installments to Epic Reborn while sipping his coffee.

Before him, were a few workers seated around a circular desk, typing away on a monitor for bugs with a projected screen of the island dead center of the desk.

One of the workers gave Daniel a thumbs up signal, that Daniel couldn't help but be thrilled.

"Looks like things are finally ready to go" muttered Daniel, letting out a pleased note in his voice. You kids are in for quite a few surprises.

Adjusting his glasses, Daniel leaned forward, picking up the microphone and annouced loudly through it "Competitors are you ready to start Epic Reborn!? You have thirty minutes to sign in for a life changing experience! Good luck competeing and may luck be on your side!".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Reoccuring Memory

Luke having been working in the community garden earlier, went to take a break and pick some oranges for his grandmother when he fell asleep in the tree.

An old woman was rocking Luke back and forth in her rocking chair.

"I'm so sorry dear, I know you miss your mother".

Luke let out a few more sniffles and asked "Where did mama go?".

"I don't know dear, she'll come back someday" said the old woman.

Dream shifts, shows an older Luke with a look of determination on his face.

"I want to know the truth of what became of my parents".

"I think Luke is old enough to know now, dear" said his Grandpa, patting his wife's hand gently.

His Grandmother nodded sadly than said "Your mother was out in the rain during the night, holding a bundle in her arms as she ran through the streets. Your grandpa was taking care of what laundry we had inside before it got wet, when he saw her slip out of the corner of his eye and rushed out to help her".

Waiting for the old woman he come to care for as his own grandmother speak, Luke was surprised when his grandpa continued the story.

"The moment I rushed out to help her, I could tell she was in a hurry, her clothes weren't from these parts. I asked myself what would a woman like her be doing here, but didn't have time to ask it. She had fear in her eyes but the look on her face was a determined one. She asked me to keep you safe and that your name was Luke. After that I never saw her again".

"What became of her? Why didn't she come back?" asked Luke, softly. "We reckon she might have been in some sort of trouble, dear" said his Grandma. "We didn't want to trouble you more than you already are" said his Grandpa.

Nearby was a speaker on a pole a few feet away, that announced very loudly

"Competitors are you ready to start Epic Reborn!? You have thirty minutes to sign in for a life changing experience! Good luck competeing and may luck be on your side!".

Which startled Luke awake, making him fall out of the tree he was alseep in, onto the grassy floor beneath him. "Ow~! Did they have to announce the game that bloody loud!" said Luke, crossly while holding his head in pain.

Nearby Luke could hear some of the townsfolk talking nervously about the game. "Its starting, do we even stand a chance?". Letting out a huff, Luke ignored them and headed home to say goodbye to his grandparents.

I know they're against me competeing but I have to try and win that cash money. It will help us get by in the winter and for they're medicine. To learn the truth behind my mothers disappearance. I don't have a lot of time, so I'll have to make a few side stops before I sign up too. Better hurry home thought Luke, balling his hands into fist and taking off running.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
Within a bustling ghetto of the inner city that made up a small portion commoner's "share" of the world, the marketplace was alive with the newly announced deadline for Epic Reborn, a game designed to allow commoners a chance of glory and fortune. As far as Leon Terch was concerned, it was a means to escape from the life he lived in a High Ruler's world. Even then, he knew that the games were made for the entertainment of the upper class.

Sitting, sweat drenched in a lonely gym filled with old and outdated workout equipment and poorly mended training dummies that seemed to be better off broken tha repaired, the young man wiped his burning brow with a dirty gym towel and a scowl drew itself clean across his face. The announcer of the games sounded like he didn't have a care in world. In all honesty, he really didn't have a care in world. All that bastard has to do is keep us down while we die in the streets everyday praying that we can make it in games made to beat us down even further. He smelled his collar that crowned a worn down red sleevless training shirt and shivered.

"Jesus I reek!" he chuckled politely at his own jeer and stood up. After staring around and making his way out, Leon fitted a silver necklace adorned with a lion's head for its pendant and glanced back at a picture of a young coupled. On its right held a radiant dark-skinned woman with gentle eyes who's head rested on the broad chest of a brawny slightly ligther male who smiled proudly. The two embraced each other, clothed no more fashionably than the other. Leon closed his eyes and a sly smile erased his scrunched expression. Walking back to a makeshift wooden sword and shield he picked the two up and got into a defensive stance that bolstered hidden aggression.

He stepped forward to a stand alone dummy and visualized his opponent, a spoiled smug upper class leech and thrusted forward with a vindictive resolve. His opponent turned off the blow and retaliated with a high strike to his head. Raising the shield that rested on his left arm, he blocked the attack and sidestepped to the right. Completely open and without a chance to counterattack a wicked smirk curved his lips. Spinning clockwise towards his target, he struck with a vigor and conviction only native to a warrior style of fighting passed down through a single bloodline ever since the beginning of the games.

Daftly bashing his opponent's head with the butt of his sword and followed up with a powerful slash and stunned his opponent. With a near-deafening roar, his swung his shield with all his weight and knocked the object of his rage clean off his feet. His chest tensed as he raised his sword held tightly in both hands and brought it down on his incapacitated opponent with a thunderous vengeance. As splinters scattered on the floor, reality made its way back to Leon and he breathed like a man who has finally ended his tormentor's life.

Finally, a challenging grin came to his lips and he pointed wooden sword at the picture and spoke gallantly, "Let's see you top that one, dad!"

After cleaning up the mess he made and getting himself dressed in crude street clothes, the young man known as Leon made his way through the congested crowds and set course for the application center for Epic Reborn. His expression remained the same and a voice echoed in his mind and made his chest rise with pride.

With the throne now left to his rightful heir, the Golden King passes his legacy to a valorious Silver Prince.

His pace kick up and he broke into a brisk jog, "Come and get some!"

Taim

Ryan opened the door to Daniel's office un anounced.
"Was my avatar tailored the way I told you to?" He asked Daniel.
The abrupt question after stroming in may have seemed rude it didn't matter to Ryan, it wasn't like he was going to get fired. The thought made him laugh inside. He was the greatest gamer in the world and the only person capable of playing the role of executioner correctly except for mabey the "High Ruler" himself.
"Even if they did screw up tell me they at least made him quick."

Awards
The sun shone bright on the child as she stopped to meander in the beauty of the day. The wind felt so nice, and the sky was almost completely clear. In the few clouds the girl spotted, she tried to make out shapes of some sort. "Evan," Emily called, pointing to the largest cloud in the sky. "Do you see it? A bunny!"

She laughed and smiled at her brother, using her hand to move her dark hair, which the wind kept blowing into her face. "You see it, right? It's huge! I think she's pregnant! Imagine if we come back outside and there are lots of little bunny clouds! Do you think we'll see a rabbit in the games, bro?"

Evan stopped and looked back at his sister, remaining hidden in the shadows. Emily crossed her arms and squinted to see if there was any emotion on his face. No, he was as blank as always. Emily sighed, upset that her attempt to break the tension had gone practically unnoticed. "Evan," she started, running to his side. "There's nothing to be worried about. We will be fine. I have your back, you have mine. That already gives us an advantage against the other players, right? Don't worry so much!"

Evan stared down at his little sister, frowning. She was so confident, so radiant- so ignorant. It was hard to believe how little she knew. He clenched his fists and took a breath before he finally decided to speak. "You don't seem to realize what you're getting yourself into," he finally said before turning around and continuing on his way to the center. Emily followed after him and took his hand in hers, still smiling.

"You don't know what I'm capable of!" Emily retorted, sticking her tongue out at her brother.

"Quiet," Evan whispered, pulling her with him behind a dumpster as someone passed by.

"We're not doing anything bad, though? Why hide?!" Emily hissed. She didn't receive an answer, though, as her brother just pulled her along silently, still too cautious for her tastes. He was so scared, of everything it seemed. And it was only because she was there, too, she bet. He was so sure that she couldn't do anything, wasn't he? She would show him. After these games, he would see that she wasn't a baby. That she could take care of herself.

That Evan was free to live a life that didn't revolve around her. She hated feeling like she was always holding him back from living a happy, full life, like she was so sure he wanted.

"Emily." Evan shook his sister gently.

Emily snapped out of her thoughts. She hadn't been paying attention at all, but she looked around now. It was a dusty library, with dilapidated shelves and books falling apart from age. But they weren't here to check the newest addition of The Missing. They were here to log on. "Over here, it looks pretty deserted in this corner," her brother whispered as he led her to a couple of empty computers. Neither were in excellent condition, but Emily was still amazed. "So the wealthy people installed those just so people like us could join their game?"

Evan scoffed. This was a show to them, not the game his sister seemed so convinced that it was. But he had tried and failed to disillusion her, so here they were. He turned hers on for her and then sat down at his own. "Are you ready?" he asked, flashing a rare smile at his sister.

She grinned and nodded. "Bring it on! You won't even recognize me in there, I bet!" She joined the game without another word.

Evan shook his head, still anxious about this. Did Emily even consider the possibility of not having each other's backs? Of being pitted against each other for the noble's entertainment? All for a stupid game! But there was no going back now. Not after she was already in it.

So he joined, too.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
The walk to his local library took only three miles, nothing new to him. With years worth of training, he had gotten himself into peak fitness for the games. Unknown to most people, the games had an added characteristic that made them so dangerous...at least for the commoners. Epic Reborn doesn't necessarily function like other simple video games. The game actually hooks up into the player's CNS or Central Nervous System.

Every action done in the game is the direct result of the players thoughts. While this is extremely intuitive, this adds an even more intense environment. Everything that the player does within the game is felt by the player as if he or she was actually inside it. Things like breathing, fatigue, and even pressure are felt on the human body...even pain. Leon knew a whole hell of a lot about that when he had lost his first time playing in Epic Reborn.

While his father had trained him before his passing away, Leon was still at a mediocre stage in his understanding of the game. He didn't think that the High Rulers would take such extreme measures to stop common players from winning. He had experienced that when his character had become assailed by a swarm of blades out of nowhere. What made them worse is that they were tipped with poison. He remembered clearly as fire swam throughout his entire body. He was in so much pain that he almost screamed. Luckily for him and other players alike, the game monitored the player's brain. If there was too much brain activity (usually the cause of stress and pain), they would be logged out automatically. Surprisingly enough, Leon dealt with the pai n before he was logged out and woke up in a hospital after three days. Then...the thought of what it would take to kill him hit him like a ton of bricks.

It was after such an experience that Leon took massive strides to improve his physical fortitude. Now he was certain that he wouldn't have any issues within the game when dealing with its obstacles. He had to be far more vigilant than before. This time...any mistake may actually cost him more than a few days of being awake.

As he walked around with his designated headset, he looked for a computer to sit at in the fairly crowded library. His avatar had been saved from the last time he logged in. On the bright side, the player's avatar took on the physical characteristics of the player him/herself. Therefore, he would continue to grow with his old equipment than starting over again with the crappy default gear provided per class. Almost every computer in the library was filled except for an isolated corner. He generally preferred to play where nobody else was around but in this case, it would have to make due. Aside from two additional computers, two people sat next to each other. Because of they seemed to resemble, Leon assumed they were brother and sister. From the way they both sat, the sister seemed a bit more lively than the brother. Probably the first time she's ever played, he thought, Everyone acts the same way the first time.

He decided to follow suit with the two adjacent players. He would eventually run into them in the game. It would be nice to play with others instead of playing by himself. He smiled ad he put the headset on and typed in his username and password. The screen on his headset blinked and went black. In white text, words danced in his vision.

Verifying player information.....
System update Loading...
>
>
>
Download complete...
File Extraction....
System Loading...Complete...Signing in...
Welcome Silver Prince (Reon)
Player-Avatar Uplink...
Execution...

A grin drew upon Leon's lips as the blackness of his visor turned into a surging series of white light as he felt his consciousness slip from his body. Time and space seemed to weave into one as Leon slowly and surely beamed down in a pillar of energy and became...Reon, the Silver Prince.

luna008

"Forget about your charter!" Amelia said as she entered the room, "Mine better be done the way i ordered it Danial!" Amelia stamped her foot. When she wanted, she got it, even if she was demanding it from someone of her class. But it shouldn't matter, Danial had been her friend since they were kids so he should have been used to it. So she smirked and said, "Well? Dont leave me hanging."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vivi walked carefully through the crowd in the liberary, which was both hard and easy with her small frail frame. She was one of the lucky few that got to play the game. It was a chance for her to be like everyone else so she wasn't going to give it up for the world. She found her seat, and one of the managers of the game helped get her connected. When he was done helping her, she pulled down the visor and she was no longer weak feeble Vivi, but strong abled Florence.

Muramasa

Daniel having been messing around with a pencil on his desk, heard his door open up behind him. "Was my avatar tailored the way I told you to?".

Feeling a corner of his mouth lift into a smirk, Daniel's knew exactly who it was that came in unannounced. Dropping his pencil on his desk, Daniel turned around in his chair and said brightly "Why of course! We wouldn't want our very own executioner failing us, now would we?".

Right behind him appeared Amelia, scowling at Ryan. "Mine better be done the way i ordered it Danial!" Daniel drew a hand over his face thinking What do you two take me for? Honestly! Daniel addressed Ryan first but was cut off by his comment.

"Even if they did screw up tell me they at least made him quick." Daniel felt his eye twitch at the comment but decided to laugh it off instead. Amelia had that smirk on her face that looked eager despite her demand and said "Well? Dont leave me hanging."

"So little confidence you two have in us" he said before pointing casually to the stairs. "Just head down those stairs over there and see for yourselves". Daniel kept the smile on his face but his eyes betrayed his irritation. Ryan may be our executioner and Amelia a good friend of mine, but honestly how dare they address me this way. Implying their avatars aren't cut out for them done to their specifications.

"Seeing how your both so eager to start, your avatars are at it's finest and ready to go" he added in as an afterthought. I shouldn't judge them too harshly, after all they pay us to participate and they're eager to play. Just like children he thought, chuckling quietly in amusement. "Next time, try knocking the door if you don't mind" said Daniel, turning back around to face his desk.

Maybe I need to hire an assistant afterall to take my calls or annouce my visitors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke came to a stop in an alley way before he glanced around, making sure no one was in sight before heading into an old warehouse that only he knew about. I've been lucky so far, had the high ups catch whiff of this, I could be in serious trouble thought Luke, walking into the old dusty warehouse. Inside everything was as it should be, nearby was some gadgets Luke had been messing around with. High ups think we're idiots, wait until I use this to hack into the game thought Luke, with a smile. "You won't even see it coming" he said softly, before tucking a small chip into his pocket. Luke remembered fondly of all the times he spent in here by himself, tinkering with the old technology the government thought was useless or junk.

Letting out a whistle, Luke glanced at the clock hanging on a wall. "By now the library's gonna be crowded" said Luke, scowling slightly. Exiting out of the ware house, Luke hurried on home where his grandparents were already waiting for him. Standing on their porch, Luke knew it was painful for them to see the day had finally come for him to sign up for the game, but told himself it was worth it.

"Luke, you don't have to do this for us" said his Grandpa, hugging his wife close to his side. "We love you, you remember that Luke" said his Grandma. Luke gave the both of them a smile before hugging them each and said "I will".

"I have to go" he said, pulling away and hurrying off. But not before giving them a wave and running through the gathering crowds in the street. Luke felt somewhat guilty for always keeping that warehouse a secret but told himself it was better they didn't know. If they knew that I've been messing around with that stuff, I could endanger them both. It's consider a treason against the government but I don't care. As long as they don't know, they're safe and that's all that matters.

Pushing past a few groups of people, Luke let out a happy sigh to see there were a few seats still left open. I've been waiting for this day forever and I'm more than ready to take these guys on! Luke could feel eyes on his back along with a few whispers, but paid no attention to it. Looks like I'm not the only one here thought Luke, seeing three people sitting at the computers and hooked up to play the game.

Taking a seat across the room, Luke placed the head set on and logged himself in. A wave of vertigo washed through Luke but he managed to stay clear headed and his last thoughts were before the screen went black. Everyone here is either too afraid to play the game or desperate enough to chance it. Wonder which one those other three players fall under.

His vision returned and found himself standing by a huge boulder over looking a lake. "Wow" he said breathlessly, completely in awe of his surroundings.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Kael sits at one of the many tables in the library scanning over a thick book. Even now it amazes him how he prefers the old paper books over electronic books, but that's quickly cast out of his mind. It's when the voice of a man sounds through the area saying that it's time for everyone to log in that he realizes just what needs to be done. So with that he thinks things over and realizes that since he is in a public place, chances are everything will fill up quickly. With that thought he closes the book over the properties of light and carries it back to one of the old shelves. He quickly finds its original location and slides it between the books over similar sujects. He then walks back to his own stuff and takes up his bag before making his way into the room where the computers are being held.

He takes a quick look around and notices that most of the places are taken and four of the occupants seem to be playing the game. He just smiles at the thought of possibly teaming up with the group before making his way over one of the few computers open. He slides into the seat, sets the program up to run and slides the visor over his head and onto his eyes. At first nothing appears, but he knows that it just takes a little time for his own system to be recognized. During this time he makes a few small adjustments to get everything into a comfortable position and listens as a computerized voice fills his ears.

Recognized: Kael Lanore
>
>
>
Retrieving Character Data.
>
>
>
Data Found.
>
>
>
Welcome Back, Acliamor Obsidian Prince

With that Kael watches as the screen buzzes to life with only a flash of white light. His eyes quickly adjust to it though until he finds himself standing on top of a large rock with one person near him already. But he pays that person no mind. Instead he focuses on the world around him. He takes in a deep breat and thinks about how accurate the scent of the artificial air is. "These guys really did their research. But nothing can replace the original thing."

Taim

"Why of course! We wouldn't want our very own executioner failing us, now would we?" When Daniel said it his eye made a slight twitch.

Of course Ryan knew that Daniel would have made sure the Executioner was made correctly but It made him feel good to irritate the "High ruler". Although he had a great deal of respect for Daniel he also felt a strong sence of rivalry. The truth was Daniel was the only person Ryan considered his superior and he liked to be the best and in total control so it made him feel good when he saw Daniel's eye twitch.

"Well good I'll go get to know the game let me know when you need the first execution."

Ryan headed down the stairs into the game room and began to clip into the game.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
A moderate sun gave off waves of lukewarm air over a lush sub-tropic landscape. Aside from a dense forest that screamed with the life of its wildlife, a series of streams, ponds, and conservative waterfalls blotched themselves here and there. A fairly clouded grey sky blanketed the land and the air remained stagnant, as if waiting for something to finally stir its neutral alignment. Within a small clearing within the dense forest, full of vibrant colorful plants and soft brown dirt a beam of silver light crashed into the center of the clearing. Strangely-shaped birds and lowly insects scattered in a frenzy as a small crater made its impression on the molding earth. Choked plums of smoke rose from the crater and inside it knelt a silver-armored boy no older than eighteen. The boy stood up and flicked bits and pieces of gravel and crumbling earth. On his back rested a shield and sheathed on his left hip was a sword. The boy bent backwards and stretched, yawning. He scracthed his nose and traced a scar that rested on the left side of his face.

He looked down and raised his hands to face and clenched them. A grin drew itself on his lips and he spoke to himself in the third person, "Looks like Reon just came back home." He chuckled and looked around his surroundings. Every seemed impartial to him and he began walking. Eventually, something would prompt him as to where he was supposed to be going so doing a quick reconaissance wouldn't hurt at all.

He wandered inside the forest, pushing his way through lowered palm fronds and tall grass. He was lost for quite some time and decided to head for the stream. Not too many people are here...maybe they changed the spawning points for commoners...As the noise of the stream grew closer, he heard something snap behind him. He had only caught the noise in the nick of time and paused in place. He didn't necessarily know what it was but he had some kind of hunch. Since the game was totally free in its environment, players could attack other players for no real reason. It was an easy way of leveling the play field. Unfortunately, it was usually the commoners that fought amongst each other. He continued moving closer to the stream and knelt down, placing an armored hand in the stream. From plain sight he seemed offguard, clumsy, vulnerable and above all, completely inexperienced. He remained in place, making arbituary movements of the head and hands and continued to listen as much a possible.

When he heard a series of soft bounding noises, he turned counterclockwise, drawing his sword and shield. He nearly staggered when he saw what had confronted him. A large creature stalked from side to side in front of Reon. It resembled an extremely large jaguar of some sorts but instead had wild cream-colored fur that looked like spines. Its entire frame gave off a lean bulkiness perfect for a predatory animal of its calibur. The animal in fact was larger than him in length. If it had the ability to stand, it would definitely tower him by at least two feet. Pearl white fangs dribbled as the creatured uttered an aggressive rattling growl. They really stepped things up this time. As the two circled each other, Reon's sharp brown eyes locked with piercing emerald green eyes. When the creature's flank finally faced the stream, Reon stopped and held his ground, poised in a defensive stance. He took note of the dagger-like claws and slim tail perfect for whipping that adorned the creature. The creature lowered itself and rumbled a vicious growl. Reon's gaze remained unchanged: focused, alert, and convicting. As the creature took a pouncing stance, scenarios flashed before Reon's eyes.

Side step right, cross forward, overending blow, high parry, low parry, shield bash, rising left knee to the throat, thrust towards the left front leg, backstep to spinning pummel strike...

Option after option opened itself to him as he continued to eye the beast. As dirt kicked up and the beast soared towards him, Reon held up his shield and charged forward.

Awards
The wind blew through Delilah’s hair as she ran excitedly, exploring the new settings she found herself in. A lush forest spread around her, with flowers here and there and little animals scampering away before she even came close to them. She danced the way she once saw a gypsie girl dance, trying to make her movements fluid, playful, maybe even a little seductive.

The cloth around her arms and legs felt wonderful as they swayed in the breeze so freely while the beads and flowers added on her costume as decoration swayed and spun along with her. Delilah felt so happy, so unrestricted, that she found herself humming a little song. She suddenly stopped, her grin as wide as before as she looked closely over her avatar’s body.

She was now well-endowed and curvier, with skin a less sickly color and hair that was her favorite color: an almost minty sort of green. She laughed as she felt the wind caressing her bare midriff and shoulders, shaking her hips to watch the decorations sway again.

“Hey, Evan, I told you that you wouldn’t even recognize me! See, I’m so pretty, now! Remember that gypsy we saw o–” she stopped immediately and looked around, a sudden realization dawning on her. She wasn’t with her brother! Knowing him, his avatar would look just like the real him –what was the fun in that, honestly? –but he wasn’t there with her. It wouldn’t take him this long to just log in, considering how much time Delilah had just wasted. Unless… Oh, no, they couldn’t be separated! Delilah shook involuntarily as she realized that she had never been away from home without her brother watching her. She was so brave because he was the muscle she needed to back her up. But…she was different here! She could handle herself fine! She had her magic, and, and… The girl fumbled around as she pulled out her knifes.

As she held her weapon to the sunlight and let its rays reflect from it, she saw the barely visible sliver of the poison she had on her knives. Nothing strong enough to kill or entirely paralyze, but it slowed the body’s reactions. Messed up the nervous system, if she remembered correctly. She forced a smile back on her face as she warily continued walking, suddenly not sure what sounds to trust. She was here to prove to her brother she could make it without it, so first she had to find him to make him watch her getting along fine without him, obviously.

“Who’s there?” She called as she recognized a figure up ahead to be another person. No, wait, she was being silly again, that was just some animal by a river. She hid behind a tree and peeked out to see what it was. A person was there! Cornering the beast against the river?

She smiled brightly and ran to join the person against this beast- they’d surely appreciate her help, right? And she could use a companion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caine hit his hand against the trunk of a tree, almost ready to collapse after search so long for his sister in vain. She was surely trying to… make friends with poor company or something, he guessed. If she expected this to make him believe she was any more capable to doing anything but getting herself into trouble, she was sorely mistaken.
She was sure to find trouble…maybe she already had. Trouble that he would have to save her from, and fast. She was the last thing he had left, here. His parents had entrusted her to him. She was his only friend, his only sister. He wouldn’t let any harm come her way… that what he had convinced himself as he came here with her, at least. He kind of needed to be with her for this to work, though. He silently prayed that she was at least alone, that she wasn’t trapped by some beast or in a fight with some other player.

Caine noticed a flash of white from his peripheral vision and swiftly drew his blade, glaring at the direction her saw it from. It was hair, but his sister would never have her hair be that white as the avatar. At least, he didn’t think she would. Would she?
Seeing the gothic style dress as he silently stalked towards this person was indication enough that this was not his sister. She would be wearing something a lot easier to move around in.

“I am looking for someone,” he announced, glowering at the girl as he stepped out of hiding, pointing his blade at her. “Who have you seen?” Asking for specifics was useless- he had no idea what exactly his sister would design her avatar as. Just that this was certainly not her.

An enemy, then. Hopefully they wouldn't be too pugnacious; he was in no mood to fight until he at least knew where the person he came to fight for was.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
A moderate sun gave off waves of lukewarm air over a lush sub-tropic landscape. Aside from a dense forest that screamed with the life of its wildlife, a series of streams, ponds, and conservative waterfalls blotched themselves here and there. A fairly clouded grey sky blanketed the land and the air remained stagnant, as if waiting for something to finally stir its neutral alignment. Within a small clearing within the dense forest, full of vibrant colorful plants and soft brown dirt a beam of silver light crashed into the center of the clearing. Strangely-shaped birds and lowly insects scattered in a frenzy as a small crater made its impression on the molding earth. Choked plums of smoke rose from the crater and inside it knelt a silver-armored boy no older than eighteen. The boy stood up and flicked bits and pieces of gravel and crumbling earth. On his back rested a shield and sheathed on his left hip was a sword. The boy bent backwards and stretched, yawning. He scracthed his nose and traced a scar that rested on the left side of his face.

He looked down and raised his hands to face and clenched them. A grin drew itself on his lips and he spoke to himself in the third person, "Looks like Reon just came back home." He chuckled and looked around his surroundings. Every seemed impartial to him and he began walking. Eventually, something would prompt him as to where he was supposed to be going so doing a quick reconaissance wouldn't hurt at all.

He wandered inside the forest, pushing his way through lowered palm fronds and tall grass. He was lost for quite some time and decided to head for the stream. Not too many people are here...maybe they changed the spawning points for commoners...As the noise of the stream grew closer, he heard something snap behind him. He had only caught the noise in the nick of time and paused in place. He didn't necessarily know what it was but he had some kind of hunch. Since the game was totally free in its environment, players could attack other players for no real reason. It was an easy way of leveling the play field. Unfortunately, it was usually the commoners that fought amongst each other. He continued moving closer to the stream and knelt down, placing an armored hand in the stream. From plain sight he seemed offguard, clumsy, vulnerable and above all, completely inexperienced. He remained in place, making arbituary movements of the head and hands and continued to listen as much a possible.

When he heard a series of soft bounding noises, he turned counterclockwise, drawing his sword and shield. He nearly staggered when he saw what had confronted him. A large creature stalked from side to side in front of Reon. It resembled an extremely large jaguar of some sorts but instead had wild cream-colored fur that looked like spines. Its entire frame gave off a lean bulkiness perfect for a predatory animal of its calibur. The animal in fact was larger than him in length. If it had the ability to stand, it would definitely tower him by at least two feet. Pearl white fangs dribbled as the creatured uttered an aggressive rattling growl. They really stepped things up this time. As the two circled each other, Reon's sharp brown eyes locked with piercing emerald green eyes. When the creature's flank finally faced the stream, Reon stopped and held his ground, poised in a defensive stance. He took note of the dagger-like claws and slim tail perfect for whipping that adorned the creature. The creature lowered itself and rumbled a vicious growl. Reon's gaze remained unchanged: focused, alert, and convicting. As the creature took a pouncing stance, scenarios flashed before Reon's eyes.

Side step right, cross forward, overending blow, high parry, low parry, shield bash, rising left knee to the throat, thrust towards the left front leg, backstep to spinning pummel strike...

Option after option opened itself to him as he continued to eye the beast. As dirt kicked up and the beast soared towards him, Reon held up his shield and charged forward.
Encounter
A powerful clawed paw fell towards Reon's jugular. The speed of the attack was nearly untraceable for someone without a keen eye. Seeing the incoming blow, Reon stepped into the attack and raised his right arm to it. Sparks danced off the silver armor as the beast roared in annoyance. The two passed through each other and Reon ended up with his back to the stream again. He ran forward to the beast, taking quick hops left and right as he closed the distance. The creature veered back and rotated violently and a lashing tail swung at Reon's face. Ducking low, Reon dodged the attack and jumped with his right leg drawn back and executed a devastating kick to the left side of the creature's head. The impact stunned the beast and Reon finished with a vicious shield bash that made the beast stumble a bit to the side.

Upon completing the attack, Reon bounced back and made a significant space between the two. He shallowed and felt the adrenaline in his body pump fiercly. It had been a while since he had actually fought and he was feeling far too anxious. He took a more open stance as the monster shook off the blows and hissed vengefully at him. The monster charged at him again and Reon stood firm, ready to bob and weave from another pounce. But the moment Reon began to lean to the right, the creature darted in his path and swiped at him fiercly. Its faster than it looks, he thought as his shielded left arm barely had enough time to block. The force of the quick strikes bounced firmly off the shield with loud thumps. After the attempted attack fail the creature followed up with a powerful right swipe. While the strike was fast, it had a wide arc.

In that moment, Reon dashed forward, thrusting towards the monster's elbow. His intention, however, wasn't to actually attack the joint, but rather to intercept the attack. The blade clashed with the claw and rended the beast's entire paw. As the monster's mouth opened wide in a painful snarl, Reon drew back his left arm and bashed the monster's face again with the shield. This time, he stepped into the attack and exposed the monster's neck. Pivoting off his left foot, he raised his weapon high and brought it down, slashing the monster's neck. As warm blood spilled from the wound, the blade swung back up diagonally and made another slash. The monster sighed angrily and Reon finished his assault by stabbing into the beast's neck.

The monster's muscle's quaked and became limp, leaving all resistance behind. Heaving with nearly all his strength, Reon herded the monster into a nearby tree. The two slammed against it and the thin leaves trickled down from the impact. Reon breathed out with vindictive HAH! and pressed forward, shinking the blade into the monster up to its hilt. The wound gave out a muffled crunch and the monster gave out a chocked cough and maroon blood splashed on the green grass. It gave out a final hiss and became limp.

Reon huffed and drew out the blade, releasing another splash of blood from the wound that stained his armor and dotted his face. Wiping the blade off on the monster's fur he sheathed both sword and shield and tilted his neck to the side, making a loud crackling sound. He turned around and sighed, rotating his left arm in a windmill and felt the base of joint loosen up. He sniffed the air heavy with blood and squinted vaguely in front of him, "If that's the kind of thing that they bust out with in the first half hour I'd better keep a look out."

Hopping over the stream, Reon broke into a light jog and pressed on.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Well he was done with his inspection of the updates made to the game, so Acliamor looks down to the man standing at the bottom of the boulder, but he decides not to bother the person. For all he knew, the guy could be one of those that got their kicks of killing new players. But boy would he be surprised if he attempted to attack the Eladrin. But regardless, Acliamor leaps from the rock and starts to sprint through the field at a speed that many would not consider human. He takes the feeling of the sprint to heart and leaps towards one of the trees with all of his might. He promptly kicks off this tree and continues to travel through the forest this way until he feels that he has many of his movements back in his system. Now for something a little more complicated.

This time he aims himself directly at another tree and concentrates just a little. In that moment he feels himself come into contact with nature much more that usual and appears to vanish before his body hits the tree. At that very instant he appears roughly fifteen feet behind the tree and kicking off another. He has his emergency skill memorized now so he decides to explore a few things. But then something catches his attention. He sees a familiar gleam of armour off in the distance where a very large cat is possibly eying its next meal. With a vague idea of who the shiner is, Acliamor starts to jump from tree to tree until he sees two people and a monster. He automatically recognizes the style of the man, but the woman moves with the ability of a new character. Things could get ugly so he decides to act.

He vanishes once more, and this time appears in front of the woman with his back facing her. He prepares his body for pain because he knows that his body is not designed for strength. If anything, he would do better to just avoid the woman entirely, but he had to stop her before she got herself killed. I mean, even he could tell that the monster was too powerful for a new person, but just powerful enough for someone like himself or even the man fighting the creature. So with that he shifts his head to where he can see the approaching woman out of his peripheral vision and says, "Hold, you one."

luna008

Amelia smiled somewhat wickedly when she heard that her avatar was ready to go. It was time to do her favorite thing in the whole world. Crush people.

"Thanks Daniel!" She said as she walked out of the room, following Ryan to the computer room. She sat down in one of the chairs and put the viser and logged in. A few things about stuff being downloaded flashed acorss the skin, then everything went black. Fai's virtual eyes opened to reveil a dark forest. But thanks to her vampire eyes, everything was as clear as day. Her now sensitive ears heard the snap of twigs as new players emerged. It was time to have a little fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Florence turned around when she heard someone ask her a question, using the spell book that had came with her as a physical sheild.

"I-I just got here...But if I can help you I will." Flourence said when she realized the boy that was talking to her wasn't going to hurt her. She begin flipping through the spell book, "Hmmm...Oh, I'm Flourence by the way. But you can call me Rence if you like. Well, it dosen't look like i have a finding spell at the moment, but I can help you look for her the old fashion way if you like. And who knows, once my level raises, I might be able to to obtain a finding spell!"

Muramasa

"Well good I'll go get to know the game let me know when you need the first execution."

Daniel nodded in acknowledgement, before looking upon the screen below him, where more players were becoming visible. "Have a little fun while your at it" Daniel called after him, grinning from ear to ear. Don't worry, we'll let you know soon enough. So far it has only just begun, we'll see how well they can handle everything thrown at them. Looking at his watch, it wasn't even a minute after when he heard Amelia's footsteps tapping against the tile floor after Ryan. "Thanks Daniel!" she says before exiting through a door and out of sight. A pleasure thought Daniel, watching her show up on the screen as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke now known as Rain, gazed down at himself and takes a hold of the sword hanging from his hip. "This is incredible!" he exclaims, excitedly. Gripping the sword in both hands, Rain gives it a few practice swings to get used to the feeling of holding it. "It feels so real" he says quietly, before hearing something above him move. Looking up in alarm, Rain sees a shadow of a person take off in the opposite direction. Letting out a small curse, Rain mentally kicks at himself for letting his guard down so soon. If I'm not more careful, I'll be taken out of the game before I've even begun!

Placing the sword back at his hip, Rain climbs atop of the boulder to get a better view of his surroundings. Whoever was here a moment ago let a perfect opportunity go to waste. Must be my lucky day. To my left is the forest, to my right everything looks a bit more rocky passed those trees. Judging from those clouds in the southwest looks like something interesting. Seeing how my mystery non attacker went left, I'll go right.

Rain jumped off the boulder casually before walking around the lake to the right. Taking ahold of his sword, Rain pushed past the trees before making a close call. Having taken a few too many steps, Rain had dislodge a rock that went flying down beneath him and taking him along with it. Luckily he grabbed hold of a nearby branch that saved him from plummeting down into the rocky terrain below.

"This is going to be a lot harder than I thought" he said aloud, before pulling himself up against the rocky wall with one hand on the branch, while the other still held onto the sword firmly. Swinging his legs up onto the edge above him, Rain let out a relieved breath before rolling onto back out of harms way before letting go of the branch. Not five feet away was a mountain lion, stalking for predators before taking notice of him. "I take that back, I was wrong" he said aloud, as the mountain lion roar and charged his way.

Last edited:

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
It had been another lifetime's worth of wondering when Reon had heared the distinguishable roar of what probably seemed to be a large mountain lion. What had really seemed strange to him was why that would happen in a place like this. Well...it is a game after all. Maybe encounters are based off the player's level. Regardless, it sounded like it was fairly weak considering the encounters Reon had gotten himself into so someone must be in some kind of danger. It was about time Reon exercised his old skill, "Lion's Stride." He crouched himself low like an olympic athlete and prepped himself for one hell of a run. He had make it in time to assist any new players if needed, especially if they were a fellow commoner.

The earth beneath his grieves pushed in, molding to its shape. With a final breath, Reon launched his feet forward and bounded off. He wasn't really the speedy type but this was just fine he was moving pretty damn fast. Taking long leaps above rocks and overgrowing vines he saw the edge of another stream and jumped. He grinned as his chest began to give off a warmth that he had felt the first time he started to actually to exist in this world. After a rough landing followed by an equally rough roll, Reon found what he was looking for, a common player, obviously new from his armor and weaponry being harassed by a low level beast. He gave out a daft roar and charged the beast from its flank with his shoulder.

Awards
Dlilah slowed down as she saw that the man obviously didn’t need her help with that thing- and that that thing could probably take her down really quickly without her brother around. No, she could have done something, been a little useful; he just obviously didn’t want it. He was plenty occupied –after all, he hadn’t even noticed her yet! She wasn’t helping because he wasn’t a guy who wanted help. Before she could slide back behind a tree for cover, though, she noticed a man appear in front of her, as if out of thin air!

Delilah tilted her head, staring at him curiously, before remembering her situation. He was… trying to protect her? Why? She’d just met him –not even met him, he just poofed up! The man shifted his head so he could see Delilah woman out of his peripheral vision and said, "Hold, you one."

Delilah had no idea what he was trying to say -Hold on?- but she barely paid attention to his words. Was he with the other guy? It didn’t seem like it. Delilah peeked at the other guy beyond this one before she felt a shiver down her back. Wait, this guy just teleported in front of her, that guy was fighting a beast like it was nothing at all, and…and… What was she doing?

Hiding. That’s what she should be doing at least. She could practically hear her brother’s warning, telling her to always stay hidden and don’t run into any trouble… And she’d always disregarded him. She was sure she was strong enough to handle herself.

And, if these guys could do all this, then maybe she was! She had just appeared here, too. She was an avatar, and she knew some magic and had weapons. She’d just need practice to match up to these guys, no sweat!

“I don’t think we want that guy to see us, right?” she whispered to the man in front of her warily. She just hoped he was someone she could trust. She’d have no way to beat him, if it came to that, after all. “Then let’s run.” She tugged on his clothes and then turned to run, hoping he’d follow her. In all truth, she was less scared of any treachery that may come from him than of being alone any longer.

“I’m Delilah, by the way. Have you seen anyone else around here? A boy?”
Caine watched the girl warily. She had a spell book in her hand. She was magician, huh? They’re always hiding something, aren’t they? Still, she was trying to use the thing as a shield, so she at least was no threat to him, at the moment, at least.

"I-I just got here...But if I can help you I will."

He sheathed his sword and forced a smile at the girl. “Thanks,” he said, almost through clenched teeth. This was his only lead? He was doomed. His sister might have been dead by now, so he could not stand here wasting time. Go where? I could keep running around forever, but how will I know if I’ll run into her?, he admitted.

He crossed his arms as he watched the girl flip through her spell book. Maybe she would have a spell that could find her?

"Hmmm...Oh, I'm Flourence by the way. But you can call me Rence if you like.”

Caine nodded. “Caine,” he said curtly, not taking his eyes off of her.

“Well, it dosen't look like i have a finding spell at the moment, but I can help you look for her the old fashion way if you like. And who knows, once my level raises, I might be able to to obtain a finding spell!"

Sighing, Caine shook his head in disappointment. Typical, of course others were of no help to him. He would do just fine alone then. Before he started to leave, though, he considered how well finding Emily had worked for him before. Maybe he would accept her help. He was making no headway alone, after all. “Thanks,” he said, smiling at her again before walking to continue his search. “Any ideas?” he called back while he looked for the slightest resemblance to someone Emily might like to be. She had to be somewhere around here.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
For the time being inside the game, RuinT had no need to interact with anybody that was around as all he needed to do was walk in the directions around where they had moved and check out just how well they were all doing without being noticed. So far there had been a few skirmishes, people fighting this or that monster and exerting whatever they needed to come out top. It was whatever for RuinT, as long as he was able to get all the data for his transfer...something that would be rather easy, he didn't mind exploring and mingling with other people as their avatars.

"Looks to me like we need some more entertainment around here, I should do something about that huh??" Of course, RuinT spoke to nobody other than himself. A few yards ahead though, there was a girl and another man that looked to be promising, so RuinT set into motion his plan right then. Rather than walk, his avatar floated right by the two and then turned back to glance at them. The first was an obvious magician, he didn't even need to read her stats to see that. The other avatar was an obvious vampire, he had glowing red eyes and the whole nine yards.

RuinT snickered, "Oh my, what are you guys up to?? Enjoying the game so far are we..." In the distance, you could see some type of animal approaching. as it got closer and closer it had the appearance of something like a kitten, but had an odd red fur color, much deeper than even the fur that was on RuinT's avatar. As the kitten stopped moving, it hissed at first the girl and then RuinT. He looked down at it and rolled his eyes, and pulled his sword the Data Breaker out of thin air.

"You little piece of shit." he plunged he sword into it and pulled it out, and instantly the kitten exploded, in its place another creature had spawned instead. "Whoa, that was unexpected." The tiger demon roared and snarled, then proceeded to charge at the girl...

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Acliamor goes to tell the girl that it's perfectly fine to trust the man standing not too far away, but he finds that the woman has started to run already. He just smiles at this little fact and starts to chase her down, first at a little walk and then at a brisk run allowing him to easily catch up with her. But once he does this he slows himself so as not to lose the girl until she asks him another question. With that question out he simply says, "I'm almost certain that he didn't stay in that spot for long. But to answer your earlier question, that guy back there is fine to be around. He's a bit like a Knight in Shining Armor, or so the rumors say."

But his thoughts are quickly cut off when he feels something tromping through the forest trees. He slides to a halt and quickly looks up as he feels his eyes adjusting to the shadows of the area around him. To a normal person they would only see a few odd shapes, but he could make everything out perfectly. But that's not to say that he sees things in color. In truth he sees everything in various shades of black, white and gray. "Wait here for a moment. I need to check something out." With that he appears to vanish, but this time he just runs up the nearest trees and launches himself into the shadows of the branches. There he sees his target. The creature stares at the warrior standing before him and slams his club into the nearest tree trunk with a roar.

"..."

Acliamor gets his mind set to fight as he forms his own weapon in his left hand. He spins the crimsom weapon several times before he launches himself towards the monster, but this one is built for high agility. As a result the creature vanishes higher into the trees only to attempt to slam Acliamor with it's club. But the young man is too fast for this creature too. Acliamor simply sidesteps to avoid the attack and leaps onto the base of the club with his weapon still spinning. In that moment Acliamor flips backwards while holding out the weapon to avoid being cut by his own blade and feels the blades slice through the creature's body, the eyes from the feel of the force. The creature lets out a howl of pain, but Acliamor doesn't give it time to regain any strength. He simply crouches before launching himself at the creature. But before he comes into contact with the body, the man appears behind the creature with his weapon poised to strike. At that point slices down the spine of the creature and lets his own body fall back to his original spot as the monster dissolves from having several critical hits.

Acliamor lets the weapon vanish in his hands as he looks to the girl. "Sorry about that, Delilah. Also, sorry for not introducing myself earlier. In here I'm known as Acliamor, the Obsidian Prince. Now, what's say we find this boy for you? He must be important if you were willing to attack that creature back there. And if you agree, maybe we should form a party. Any monsters that appear might be too powerful for you. If I take care of them, you might gain quite a few levels. ...If this game still uses those levels. I don't quite remember."

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"Yea I know it starts today, but that never mattered we've been in there for months you know what it is..."

Epic Reborn, it really was just a case of cat and mouse half the time, the players got so into the game for money but they were nearly always at a loss. it was Homer's job to make sure that he got his fair share of the profits, even if the methods he used to do so were unorthodox by most standards. So long as everything went as planned there was no reason not to have fun and get as many new dirty situations as possible. He said nothing more to the contact on the other end of the call and hung up.

Homer only had a few more blocks and turned left, backing into a parking spot and proceeding inside he and Tobias' home; for the time being anyway. "Heyy are you here?? I saw this amazingly cute guy at the gallery a few minutes ago. He said he was totally interested in..." Homer could see that he was either being ignored or Tobias wasn't home. "The hell??"

In the next room Homer saw Tobias laid back on the bed with what looked like nothing more than a pair of jeans and a glowing t-shirt. In actuality it was obvious to Homer than Tobias was playing Epic Reborn. The shirt was for vitals and streaming data and the contacts that weren't noticeable. "Cool, he started without me then, kayy."

Within the next five minutes, Homer was ready too. "Hell yea. This is gonna be freaking sweet." After the expected tunnel vision had worn off, the boring plains of Epic Reborn's world were before Absolution, what Homer became inside the game. This expanse of the game was riddled with several forests that we all nearby and as usual, the large plain area that was beyond and in-between each forest area. "Might as well kick things up in here."

There was a cracking sound as what looked to be panels and pixels in front of Absolution breaking. He'd produced his blade the Binary Flaw and ripped asunder the fabric of the game. Seconds later, monsters began popping up everywhere on the plains. They came in many different sizes and shapes but every single one of them had the same marking, which was a horn made of blue gemstone..

"Wicked, see what these guys do about these things. They're a lot stronger than the normal monsters around here but they drop sweet items and experience." This was the first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back