Ephemera's Chirithy - Harbringer Mastermind

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
With the recent update to Kingdom Hearts X, we're finally seeing heavy conflict form in regards to the inevitable Keyblade War... foretellers clashing, speaking heartless demanding Lux, Nightmare Chirithy, Daybreak Town is definitely in a frenzy.

However, there's one particular thing that I just came to realise. Whilst we were suddenly bombarded with the introduction of Skuld, there was not enough attention provided to the importance of the Nightmare Chirithy. Most people unanimously agree that Nightmare Chirithy is Ephemera's Chirithy. But this is where it gets interesting, whilst a lot of fans claim that Ephemera openly welcomed the darkness: I have an alternate approach of Ephemera's ambition to darkness.

In the world of Kingdom Hearts X, Chirithy are known as the players companions, their accomplices that guide them in the collection of lux and defeating anything that threatens the lux. However, despite their supposed "friendly" allegiance to the player Keyblade Wielder, they are not "personal" friends that share an "intimate" connection with the player character. There's several scenes in Kingdom Hearts X that demonstrates Chirithy grasping the very existence of friendship as it goes beyond their basic functionality as guardian companions.

So, what does this have to do with Ephemera? well, everything. You see how I previously stated that Chirithy are guides for their respective keyblade wielder? well, my theory is that Ephemera's Chirithy intentionally guided Ephemera into the darkness as it favoured darkness over the light, but unlike the player Chirithy, refused to accept Ephemera as a "friend" in the process thus making him susceptible to darkness. Bit drastic coming from a Chirithy right? until you start to consider the following points...

1) Ephemera is not bound to a Union yet he still has a Chirithy? why? Chirithy are associated with representing a Union as much as the player is.

2) Ephemera's Chirithy always acted antagonistic. Unlike Ephemera who was welcoming and curious, Ephemera's Chirithy placed that nightmare onto the player character with dark intentions...

3) The relationship between player and Chirithy. Sure, the Chirithy may call the player keyblade wielder words such as master, however, it's usually the Chirithy that tells the player what to do for objectives. Oxymoronic don't you think?

So in a nutshell, Ephemera's Chirithy is using Ephemera as a pawn to stabilise darkness into Daybreak Town.

Koopa Sensei

What I nice topic. It sure is a theory to consider.

The story just gets better and better, and the fact that this game still doesn't get a western release is upsetting and offensive.

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
What I nice topic. It sure is a theory to consider.

The story just gets better and better, and the fact that this game still doesn't get a western release is upsetting and offensive.
Oh wow, someone replied... I didn't expect this topic to be ignored this badly :'(

Yeah, I really find the Chirithy suspicious in general (even the Spirit Chirithy). They're so secretive and adamant when Keyblade wielders are curious to explore...

Koopa Sensei

Oh wow, someone replied... I didn't expect this topic to be ignored this badly :'(

Yeah, I really find the Chirithy suspicious in general (even the Spirit Chirithy). They're so secretive and adamant when Keyblade wielders are curious to explore...
The only thing that bothers me about Chirithy is that it's most likely a Dream Eater, and the origin of this type of creatures is yet to be explained. We know where did the Heartless, the Nobodies and the Unversed come from, but we know so little about the Dream Eaters.

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
The only thing that bothers me about Chirithy is that it's most likely a Dream Eater, and the origin of this type of creatures is yet to be explained. We know where did the Heartless, the Nobodies and the Unversed come from, but we know so little about the Dream Eaters.
Maybe the Chirithy were the very first Dream Eaters henceforth their importance. All we know about the Chirithy is that they were created by the Masters of Masters to guide Keyblade wielders... I think they're more sinister than they present themselves to be.