• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ephemera Name Meanings?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AurisFlown

Awards
We know that Names have Meanings, So I decided to Search on what Ephemera Means.

So far, I have found out that on Google, Ephemera is "things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time." And Merriam-Webster "something of no lasting significance"

By going Further, I've found similar words that are related to Ephemera.

Ephemeral : Lasting only one day or Lasting a very short amount of time.

Ephemeris : Dairy, Journal.

Apparently the Words are based on the Ancient Greek Language.

Its quite possible Ephemera has a Relationship with the Book of Prophecies but we wont know until we get the new updates.

Dumblescored

Awards
My sanctuary, where fears and lies melt away
Well his quest line did last a short time, according to his Wiki page, before he disappeared so the name might be referencing that. I doubt that that is his real name, since his quest is about a mysterious figure and he wears the Men's version of Cool_Black and wields the default key showing that he could have just not tried too hard at making a disguise.

I also believe that the noun Ephemeris (diary, Journal) is just a coincidence.

Keyblade Meister

When I see Ephemera in any fan art the only foreteller they draw him with is the Vulpus union. Is this significant in any way?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
When I see Ephemera in any fan art the only foreteller they draw him with is the Vulpus union. Is this significant in any way?

Not really because the Vulpeus Foreteller is so far the only Foreteller who has actual personal contact with Ephemera (and the Player character) as well as showing something resembling an actual personality.

The other four Foretellers are so far only cardboard-cutouts of characters with no actual focus on their characters and they also have close to zero meaningful interactions with the Player character or Ephemera.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sound pretty suspicious. What is she hiding by not hiding.
*he* Ephemera's a guy.

I get the feeling that his name may be referring to his dandelion motif, how he just up and disappears in a cloud of fluff and breeze. What's more temporary than that?

And, depending on how the story ends up going, it may be chosen for its irony. The fact that he HAS a personality to speak of and solid interactions with other characters all suggest that he's got a much more significant role to play, unlike what his name (which can mean "something of no lasting significance") would suggest.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
*he* Ephemera's a guy.

I get the feeling that his name may be referring to his dandelion motif, how he just up and disappears in a cloud of fluff and breeze. What's more temporary than that?

And, depending on how the story ends up going, it may be chosen for its irony. The fact that he HAS a personality to speak of and solid interactions with other characters all suggest that he's got a much more significant role to play, unlike what his name (which can mean "something of no lasting significance") would suggest.

He's probably talking about Vulpeus/Ava instead of flowerboy...;P

Ephemera in general can mean also something "fleeting", which does fit splendidly with his dandelion/flower motif but it may also refer to him being a "free" child that isn't bound to any of the unions.
Nonetheless though, not being bound to something can also mean that it is all to easy to sweep this loose "flower" away without much resistance, leading to the possibility that while Ephemera's role may indeed be significant, it may also be short in the overall picture.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
We know that Names have Meanings, So I decided to Search on what Ephemera Means.

So far, I have found out that on Google, Ephemera is "things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time." And Merriam-Webster "something of no lasting significance"

Its quite possible Ephemera has a Relationship with the Book of Prophecies but we wont know until we get the new updates.

Wait is ephemera another cope/replica/clone/shadow archetype deals
Mabey some kind pf projected form of the book of prophecies taken conciousness

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wait is ephemera another cope/replica/clone/shadow archetype deals
Mabey some kind pf projected form of the book of prophecies taken conciousness

I'm of the opinion that somehow Ephemera is going to be Xehanort. Somehow. The silver hair is too obvious. Of course, that could be Nomura's plan to lure us into thinking that, only to pull a bait and switch, and Skuld ends up being Xehanort.

Or...

What if...

The player character is Xehanort?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm of the opinion that somehow Ephemera is going to be Xehanort. Somehow. The silver hair is too obvious. Of course, that could be Nomura's plan to lure us into thinking that, only to pull a bait and switch, and Skuld ends up being Xehanort.

Or...

What if...

The player character is Xehanort?
Well, those three haven't been confirmed to be Sora yet, so I guess...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

ephemera the milk man. how could we have been so blind?

also, i'm in the boat that the player character isn't even real. just a projection or avatar for whatever character who is reading, i'm leaning towards the theory that sora must access data that ansem the wise planted inside him by entering the RoS.

we know the old bastard has been in the RoD and lost his memories twice now, so who knows how long he's been around. he might even be a foreteller, his DiZ persona even dresses like one.

a hella twist would be he was the betrayer, and felt guilty that he took the book into the RoD with him for millennia so nobody could misuse it.

after escaping and being born anew, planted the book inside sora, the hero who wasn't in the book whom he tortured, giving his faith that he would set things right.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

That's quite a literal meaning for this character, after the recent events in Chi, maybe he was indeed temporary... but in what context? a temporary friend? a temporary being? a temporary Keyblade wielder of Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back