• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Enter Galactic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
Sado, Japan Saturday, July 13th 2010

Changing Seasons

“And that’s that class. I guess I won’t see you all for a whole month, you all be safe now, and make sure to study your—“

The sound of a bell resounded through the halls of two floor, wooden school building. It was now seventh period—The final class before the students of Sado Middle were free for an entire month, the last class they had to sit through before summer break.

The old man sucked his teeth and smiled regretfully, looks like he wouldn’t be able to finish his sermon. With a sheepish grin he bent over his desk to grab his books, waving at the seated children as he made his way for the sliding doors. Most returned the old man’s wave, he wasn’t such a bad guy—at least he genuinely cared for them. There was one boy in particular who didn’t move an inch as the fellow made his reluctant exit. Instead, he was more fixated on the different scenes outside. They were on the second floor, and the way the classroom was positioned, right on the front wall of the school, a student with a window seat (such as he) could easily get lost in the hubbub going on below. –Not that little Sado had much going on anyway.

Normally, the last class before summer break tended to be a joke. Sit around, watch a movie and laugh with some friends. This boy, unlike his peers, was set on staring right outside of the window, watching as this spotted Dalmatian left its mark on a red fire hydrant that was conveniently placed inconspicuously, and not at all close to his direct field of vision. This boy had been fascinated by the ritual in which the puppy proceeded to relieve himself. First, it sniffed the red monument, developing a trust with it. Second, it circled the object, checking it for defects. Lastly, it stopped, right at the spot from which it began its circling around the thing in the first place; and finally…it let itself go.

Despite this enthralling saga unfolding before him, the student was pulled away from it by the unanimous silence among his classmates. The violet eyed, mocha skinned middle-schooler turned his head away from the window, and towards the front of the room, where all of the other student’s attention was also directed. It was then that he realized what they were all so startled about: it was a substitute.

The man was as tall as he was frightening looking, at least by the boy’s standards. He was built like a hero of myth, tall and muscular with dark skin, and a body covered by beige colored tattoos. The substitute’s hair was cut into a buzz, with platinum blonde hair, giant sideburns, and a goatee for facial hair. His eyes were an icy blue, and he dressed neatly in a dress-shirt [rolled up sleeves] and black vest, with matching slacks. He looked like he was about to rip out of the undershirt however.

With extreme prejudice the boy flipped his hood halfway over his head, just enough so that it covered the back end of his head, up to just past his ears, and not too much so that his bangs couldn’t flow freely [he liked it that way, especially when he felt threatened].

The newcomer gripped a single sheet of paper, looking over the article closely, he began to rifle off names of those in the class.

“Seto?” The students stared blankly at the giant of a man as read their names, his voice shaking the whole time. One by one, the students raised their hands to identify their presence. Finally, the man came to the name of our particular child. “Murakami?” He looked around frantically for the student’s hand, only to see nothing there. So with a shrug, he continued on, “Mochi—“

“He’s back there!” One of the girls pointed, prompting everyone in the class to turn their bodies towards the back of the class, directly in front the menu. Lo and behold, there was the boy, hood on his head, violet orbs staring dully into the distance, to his dismay, the dog was long gone, leaving only a dark puddle around the object of its previous obsession.

“Oh, there you are. Taaa-ro,” The man chuckled at his difficulty in pronouncing the name, however his amusement was not shared. “Well then, that’s everyone. So, let’s get on to the lesson today. Your teacher Ms. Satonaka left me a movie for you all to watch, but you all wouldn’t be interested in that, now would you?” A mumble traveled through the classroom. Just who was this guy? “Instead, I’m going to tell you all a story my parents passed down to me,” He grinned, “The story of the Goddess—by the way, you can call me Mr. Villiers.” ‘Mr. Villiers’ quickly turned around to the board, writing his name in some type of illegible chicken scratch of symbols.

Taro had heard a decent amount of the story of the Goddess, his caretaker Elizabeth had told him about it briefly when she mentioned her travels to Saturn. This fellow, Villiers, appeared to have held some serious respect for the Goddess as his eyes lit up with excitement as he relayed the story to the children, who were all devoid of any and all interest.

The Goddess

The Goddess is the source of all life and aspects of the galaxy, from the planets, to the air, to the rushing waters and the suns. The Goddess was the only thing in the galaxy, and from the sorrow of loneliness created the stars from her tears and the planets and people from her blood. Back then, everyone was a Genetic, and they all followed the Goddess. However, there was group of life forms that sought out to gain even more power, by killing the Goddess and being their own rulers.

That group, known now as the Humans cut down the Goddess. Their—our selfish deeds served to ignite a Galaxy wide war. Out numbered, the humans lost the battle and were banished to the far reaches of the Galaxy.

It is said, that before the Goddess passed on, she left us with this final message:

She warned of a time when the people had to repent for their bloodthirsty, selfish acts. A time when 'The Great Star' would fall, and all life in the Galaxy would be taken down in its wake. We don't know what the Great Star is, or when it is supposed to fall, but the Goddess said that her true descendants will be able to feel her cries as the time neared.

Changing Seasons

As Villiers finished his story, he leaned up against the wall, letting out a dreamy sigh as he did so. The man was so overcome with his recent flight on cloud nine that he failed to realize the trail of chalk on his back from this endeavor.

“So kids any questi—“

At that moment, the bell rang, dismissing the students to officially bask in their summer. A wave of joyous excitement rushed through the student body [in every room, all at once] and the halls erupted with chats about what to partake in over the summertime. As usual though, Taro was the last of the kids to leave out, but as he made his way for the door the odd Mr. Villiers called out to him.

“It’s Taro right? Murakami? You wouldn’t happen to know someone by the name of Elizabeth Gains do you?” The man’s shaky demeanor melted away, and his air immediately became much more calculating. The hooded boy turned slowly to the man with and with a sour look on his face nodded. “You don’t say…you reckon she’s in this town now? Or…” Taro watched Villiers blankly as he stroked his facial hair carefully.

“Y-yeah. Why?” Taro gulped, a bit put off by the man’s somewhat erratic behavior.

“Oh, no reason,” He grinned wide and chuckled, “Carry on then. Enjoy your summer Taro-kun!” The man even went so far as to put an honorific to his name. Taro did not like him. Should this man ever be his substitute teacher again…which he hoped he wouldn’t, Taro was sure to have an unpleasant experience. With a final wary gaze at the giant substitute, Taro exited the room, and quickly made his way out of the building—ready to head home.

“I wonder where that dog went…”

July 14th, 2010 – New York, New York – Time Square 11:00 P.M.

TANK!

He went this way!

Down this alleyway, hurry!

I see him!

A torrent of shots echoed down the three-way alley. The trio of soldiers all gritted their teeth in disappointment as they quickly realized their attacks hit no type of target. These weren’t ordinary, every day G.C. soldiers either, they weren’t just the regular, everyday ones dispatched to watch over the town, these were full blown-PiNG equipped soldiers, decked out in armor (albeit light) and helmets with flashlights turned on high to see in the dense of the night.

Not only did they have to contend with the darkness, which the target seemed to blend in with oh so well (even with his different clothing habit), they also had to discriminate their shots from the seemingly endless droves of citizens that clustered through the city streets [even in the alleys sometimes]. It was one hell of a job for these foot soldiers to partake in.

Which way do we go from here sir?

We’ll split up; he has to be down one of these streets!

Aye! Let’s move! We’ll catch the Genetic and bring him to the Brigadier General in time to get ready for the festival!

Hoorah!

The men all saluted to their invisible superior officer, and took off down their respective paths.

Meanwhile, a certain fellow stood above, on the rooftops, watching the scene with a devilish grin. As soon as he read that the close was clear, he let his feet dangle over the edge, letting himself lean back across the cool steel surface.
“That reminds me, I need to find a way to that island.” He twisted the green piercing in his left ear, attempting to come up with a plan. It wasn’t like he could simply hop onto one of the freights headed there [Many common folk in more of the major towns were being granted passage to the island, they couldn’t come inside, however they could partake in games outside], he had been branded long ago. The man lifted his left arm into the view of his hazel orbs, staring with contempt at the barcode brand on his wrist.

Any sight of the Genetic?

No, sir, perhaps he’s already long gone?

There’s still the scanner we could use, it detects the branded ones within a 100 mile—ack!

The soldier let out a muffled scream as his now limp body fell to the ground below. Crimson liquid seeping out from under his chest armor, he twitched involuntarily as the life quickly exited his person.

“Henderson, you—gah!”

In no time, a thin framed, well-dressed individual was hovering in front of one of the soldiers, he fumbled for his rifle, but to no avail, as the attacker was too quick. The man in the red glasses slipped out his tongue, and a green orb gathered around the tip.

There was flash, and what was left of the man was little than a heap of gray ash.

“You monster! Damn Genetic I’ll—“

“Relax! I just wanted some alone time, I think you and I could work out an interesting agreement…you see, my name’s not on the guest list for that little shindig…”

July 15th, 2010 – Gaea – Ballroom 4:37 P.M.

Space Cowboys

Everything from the gold adorned floors the wood of the island’s boardwalk was glistening. The men and women of the Global Conglomerate were having one hell of a time making sure things were in order. Food had to be made, booths had to be sturdy, checkpoints had to be secured, docks had to be monitored, and all ‘classified’ documents had to be safely tucked away. It was a military base after all, but when the boys and girls of the GC came together it looked more like a resort.

Each and every General of each and every branch was in attendance, not to mention a number of the branch Presidents. No expense, whether it be in defense or aesthetics, was spared today. After all; today was The Festival of First Contact! The fiftieth anniversary of humanity’s first encounter with alien life. The space-ports were prepped for the extreme influx of alien and interplanetary visitors, as were the island it self’s docks.

A special ‘party-planning’ committee was put together for this occasion alone. Headed by General Xavier Wallace of the American Branch and his men. The group’s job was to take care of defenses, planning, and over-all operation of the event. Officially, Wallace’s Branch was chosen as the head because it acted as a ‘Beacon of Light’ for the Conglomerate. Really though, they were selected because the American Branch held some of the toughest mothers the planet had ever seen.

Soldiers from all over were specially selected by their superiors to make up Wallace’s crack team. For the first time the branches mixed their soldiers to create a universal unit. This was seen by some as an experiment for future operations.

Regardless. General Wallace was working any and every soldier under his command to the bone. For some, it was a considerable change to grow accustomed too, but for one soldier in particular, this was what he had been used to for years.

That soldier was Colonel Demetri Maverick.

With a Rolling 7’s Cigarette in his mouth, the soldier kicked his feet up on a single wooden crate. He was hidden amongst a number of crates that had just arrived to the Main Complex [which held the ballroom where the main party was to be held]. Golden headphones fastened tightly over his dome, he drowned out any and everything happening around him. He was dressed in a tight white V-neck and khaki’s, non-regulation of course. Thankfully, uniform wasn’t required for the simple task all Soldiers on deck were given. That task was tend to ANY unfinished preparations.

The party was set to begin at eight sharp, and the GC boys and gals had a lot to do before then…

Last edited:

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
There is this grand, two floor house, lavishly decorated, yet simple. Holding four bedrooms, two baths, a garage and a basement and attic, it was lovely. Inside this house, in one of the bedrooms, was Lily Gardenia, fast asleep on her bed. She had just gotten home from school, having been tired, deciding to take a nap. She looked peaceful. At the moment.

"Why are you calling me?" She suddenly spoke, opening her eyes as she felt herself sink. She sat up rather quickly, and noticed that she was getting deeper and deeper into the bed. "NO!" She screamed, falling through the bed and floor. It was a rush as she fell, her hands desperately trying to grab anything, but finally, she hit the floor hard, enticing a yelp of pain as she turned on her side.

It happened again.

Panting as her heart raced, Lily looked up at the ceiling. She had fallen quite a way, which only frusterated her more. First, she would have the dream, then wake up asking the same thing, then fall through the floor and land really, really hard onto the first floor.

What in the world was going on?!

Lily slowly sat up, touching her knees, shoulders, and the floor. They were all solid. Pushing herself off the floor, she climbed the stairs and zipped back to her room, touching the bed. Solid. She had gone through it. There was no doubt in her mind; somehow she was going through her bed everytime she slept. It happened two nights ago, and kept happening.

Tying to calm herself down, Lily sat down, getting a grip. Once calm, she walked up to her door. It couldn't be involuntary. She had to control it...somehow. With a deep breath, she stepped towards the door, her foot passing through it, until she completely passed her body through the door.

"Oh my goddess..." She gasped, turning back to the door, her hand touching it. How was this possible?

"Oh, hey." Aster's voice nearly scared her to death, as she twirled around.

"Aster! You scared me!" Lily gasped, smacking his arm.

He gave a laugh, shaking his head. Kids these days...no wonder people think they're always guilty; they usually act like it! He prodded Lily, asking, "What're you hiding?"

"Nothing, I just didn't hear you come in." Lily replied, following her older brother to his bedroom. "I'm surprised you came back early."

"Camille insisted. Said she'd catch up once she was finished." Aster winked. "Hard work pays off, you know!"

Lily smiled, watching her brother pick out clothes. She was still in her uniform, but her own clothes were layed out on her desk. She frowned to herself, feeling compelled to tell him about what was going on with her. But what if it was something bad? Aster was usually good to her; Camille was the one who always went hard, yelling and punishing and giving no mercy.

She had to ask.

"Say, Aster, the Mana Drive gives you super strength, right?" She asked as he pulled out a blue vest.

"Hm? Yeah." He replied, looking for a shirt.

"What happens if you have a power, but don't have a Mana Drive?"

Aster stopped looking through the closet, frowning. Why would she ask something like that? Getting a little concerned, Aster sat on the bed, gently pulling Lily to sit next to him. He looked her in the eye, giving a stern look. If it was what he though it was, it was serious. Genetics were threats. "Lily, that's a Genetic. Is there someone you know that's like that?"

Lily quickly shook her head. "N-No, I was wondering...I mean, what's so bad about them?"

"Well...they're a threat to us. A lot of the time, we find them trashing some place or hurting people." Aster admitted. "I mean, it'd be one thing if they were harmless, but really...are you sure you don't know something I don't?"

She gave a small smile. Boy do I... "I promise. It just came up in class, that's all."

Beaming at the fact that his little sister paid attention in class, Aster clapped her shoulder. "Good job. Why don't you start getting ready, I'm sure Cam'll be here soon, and you know she takes a literal minute to get dressed."

Lily nodded, trotting off to her own room. However, as she reached her door, she looked at her own hands. Is that what she was? A Genetic? But if she was one, why weren't Camille or Aster one? Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with blood? She was a threat to society...but she hadn't done anything wrong. Right?

Suddenly feeling uneasy, Lily quickly entered her room, closing the door behind her. They couldn't know about this. She needed to get it under her control and hide it. Camille would kill her, and maybe Aster would too...she knew he loved her, but he, like Cam, was part of the military. It was his job to track down people like her.

And the dreams of someone calling out to her...it was too much. It was too weird. She thought she was normal her whole life--why would it come up now? Was that normal for a Genetic? Did it usually happen this way? She couldn't take it; she slunk down onto her bed, head in her hands.

One thing was for certain; no one could know.

_____

"Don't slack off, Fuji, we need to get this done."

The command had come from a stern woman, arms crossed against her chest, telekinetically lifting things as she walked. She was doing the work of three people, having decided that she needed to partake in the preparations because, to put it simply, if you wanted things done, you had to do it yourself. It was a lot, but they had made a lot of progress. Everyone was actually getting along fine; even Camille Gardenia, Colonel of the Japanese Branch, was moderately less cold than usual.

Feeling a sudden rush of dizziness, Camille stopped in her tracks, holding a hand to her head. After a little bit, she was alright; maybe she was overdoing it. Deciding to take a small break, Camille pulled up a crate and sat down, taking deep breaths. No use in killing yourself over a committee, not to mention having done most of the work. She let herself rest for a bit, which was an oddity for her. It was just a lazy day. Running a hand through her bangs, Camille took out her phone, dialing Aster's number.

"Hey, you on your way yet?" Aster's voice rung loud and clear.

"Almost. I'll be there soon. Make sure Lily's ready." She spoke.

"Yes mom. Anything else?"

His sarcasm irritated her to no end. "Lily's classes ended today, check her grades."

"They're fine, Cam, straight A's as always. That's what you promised. Straight A's equals a trip to the festival."

It was weird. Camille had never offered a reward in her life, and yet when she saw the extra ticket she had, she couldn't help but use it to motivate her sister. It had worked; Lily behaved, got good grades, did things on time. Aster said it was because Camille had offered it, showing that she didn't hate Lily. Of course she didn't hate her sister, that was a ridiculous accusation. She was working so Lily could get a proper education, using two Mana Drives and killing herself for Lily's sake, why on earth would she hate her?

Because you're so distant. That was Aster's response.

With a sigh, Camille licked her lips. "Alright. See you soon, Lieutenant."

"Aye aye, captain."

_____

Finally, all was good int he world. His little sister was doing good in school, his older getting more sociable. And soon, they would be going to a festival, doing something together for the first time in years. Aster Gardenia was a happy guy. After hopping into the shower, he had pulled on a green, long sleeved shirt and paired it with some long khakis. He preferred jeans, but knew Camille would start on him if he didn't dress nice. Leaving his green curls to dry on their own, he washed his face properly, putting on some cologne. He had gotten ready faster than he thought.

Aster wandered over to his sister's room, giving a gentle knock. "Lil? You ready?"

"Ah, wait, Camille's here?! No, wait, I need my shoes!" She wailed, to which Aster laughed.

"It's okay, she isn't here yet." He assured her. Lily had such a high opinion of her older sister, trying to please her whenever she could. She always looked to Cam for approval.

Lily opened the door shortly after, revealing a brown dress with a pink, long shirt hanging off her shoulders and some black modestly shorts poking out below the dress, accompanied by thigh highs and Mary Janes. "How do I look?"

"Nice." He grinned, though he noticed something. "Oh, your bow..."

She shook her head. "I want Cam to put it on for me, I like the way she ties it."

"What? I can't do it? Lils, I'm hurt." He feigned a sad look, though the two broke into laughter soon after.

Yes, today was a good day.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Syrn Hazold is one of the many officers getting reduced to the level of a grunt. It can't be helped due to the large number of generals and other high ranking officials. There's that and the fact that the squad he was put in charge of was nothing but a group of lazy humans not fit to be soldiers. This serious lack of enthusiasm is one thing that makes the Lieutenant wonder what the academy is teaching the new recruits lately. Still, that does not excuse the lack of work from his men. That is why he had them sent off to one of the few training facilities located on the base that was not filled with something shiny and expensive.

Those idiots must be begging for me to come save them by now.

With that in his mind he sets the large crate down and takes a quick inventory sweep. He notices nothing out of place and pulls out a small round device. He pushes a button and looks at that statistics and a video image of the men and women he was put in charge of. Somehow three out of the twenty are still running while the rest seem to have collapsed from exhaustion. Syrn smiles at this and deactivates the device before walking out of the room. He looks at his own watch and tries to remember what time the party is to take place.

After several minutes he walks into the area where his squad is currently running sprints and calls for everyone to gather around him. The one still running stops immediately and stands before her commanding officer while the others drag themselves in place. This pleases Syrn in a twisted way because he feels that he's finally gotten through to everyone, except for the one still running. She's actually the only one that's a part of his regular squad. He finally sets himself to looking over the group and nods in approval. They were sure to be obedient now.

"Alright, listen up! We have a short time to finish the preparations! If you plan to mess around, stay here and run sprints for another hour! Everyone else, get to the other warehouses and run checks on all of the ammunition containers! I don't want a single electron escaping those fields! Do I make myself clear!?"

The group answers in unison, just as it should be, and runs off to do the task they were given. Syrn himself follows the group to the ammunition storehouse and watches as the group begins their initial check. After a little while the teams start to stand before him ready for inspection and that's when the officer begins his job. Evidently the academy taught the recruits well in certain aspects. When he first began, he couldn't do their job as efficiently as them. This brings a smile to Syrn's face and fear into the minds of those not accustomed to the way that Syrn works.

"Alright. Everything checks out. Now go and see if anyone else needs help. I have to make a report to the General. Dismissed!"

Zeph

imp of the perverse
It was a warm day, and sunlight beat down on the mass of bodies exiting the train. The majority of people were either in couples or small groups, but a few loners were in the crowd as well. One such person was a particular young woman of average height, who was perhaps remarkable in the fact that she was so unremarkable. She had long ago mastered the art of blending in, and as she allowed herself to be shuffled along with the crowd, glanced now and then at the brochure in her hand describing the day’s events and listing a few of the available activities. A few held her interest, to be sure, but what she found to be the most intriguing was the promise of alien cuisine. She wondered what it would be like…

“—iss… Miss!”

Large violet eyes shot upwards, taking in the sight of an obviously annoyed gatekeeper who was waiting for her to show her ticket. This was great; she hadn’t even exited the train station and was already drawing attention to herself. One hand unconsciously tightened around the doll sitting in the crook of her arm, while the other fumbled for her ticket. Apologizing awkwardly, she handed the piece of paper to the man, shooting quick glances this way and that. And then she was free. The man nodded, and she was shuffled along with the rest of the crowd. Her heart was hammering wildly, though she knew she had no real reason to be afraid; she was a Genetic, yes, but she hadn’t been branded. All the military had on her was her photo from five years ago, and in a crowd like this, the chances of her being recognized were extremely slim. Besides, today she was going to see her big brother for the first time in two years—she shouldn’t have any room in her heart to worry, he would take care of her. He wouldn’t have told her to come if she would be in an extreme amount of danger. Where was she supposed to meet him again…? Oh right, he had said he would meet her at the gate. Eyes shining with expectation, Emilie turned her head this way and that, biting her lower lip to keep from beaming as she scanned the crowd for her brother.
There. There he was! He was wearing a dark blue dress shirt tucked into jeans, and a black tie; his sleeves were rolled up to just under his elbows. He had seen her too, and was walking towards her with a large grin on his face, waving. Emilie found she couldn’t help herself, and beamed back—she missed her big brother. She held Shimeji tighter up against her, surprised that, after so long, she was actually a bit nervous. What if he didn’t like her hair, or the way she was dressed, or—

“Emilie!” All of the young woman’s doubts were silenced by the bear-hug Johnis enveloped her in, lifting her and swinging her around once like he had done when they were children. Back when everything had been all right.

“Johnis!” She looked up at her brother, scrutinizing him the way he was doing her. He had gotten taller again, that much was obvious. But other than that, not much else was changed. He was darker than she was—he always had been—and his wavy, dark hair was still cropped in shaggy layers. His eyes were still the same color as hers, and just as soft as she remembered them. “You’ve gotten taller!”

One large hand found resting place on the top of her head. His eyes were sparkling, but he couldn’t completely conceal the worry in their depths. “You’ve gotten thinner.” Silence reigned for a second or two, and Emilie looked to the ground. “Ahhh, I’m sorry sis,” he apologized, sighing. “You know I worry—you should eat more!” The hand on top of her head ruffled her hair, and again she looked up at her brother. “Anyways,” he said, changing the subject and sinking to one knee, “How’s Shimeji doing? And the rest?”

Emilie smiled once more and held up the doll that had been nestled in her arm. It was an exceptionally pretty doll; a shaggy blond wig topped a pretty face belonging to a young boy with green eyes, and tucked behind the left ear was a long portion of hair that fell to his wrists. Below the left eye, painted side by side and following the shape of the eye, were four purple tear-drops. Draped over his shoulders was an intricate and rather complicated cloak. A lush feather boa lined the neck of the black velvet, and trimming the front were wide strips of leopard-print. A faux leopard head under the chin acted in place of a broach or tie, and kept the cloak together. Underneath of the cloak was a prince-like, ruffled shirt that no one could see very much of at all, and below that were a pair of black trousers and black platform shoes.

Johnis let out a low whistle. “You do all this yourself, sis? You have way too much time on your hands.”

“Wh-what!”

Emilie’s brother laughed, and heaved himself to his feet before good-naturedly knocking his sister upside the head. “Let’s get going.”

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

Footsteps echoed throughout the empty corridor. Due to the festivals being held throughout the universe, the majority of personnel in every line of work were being given the whole, or part of the day off. Ephraim’s only reason for being here was that he needed to head for Earth, and his GEAR was kept here in the hangar. Yes, he knew the majority of people were absent today, but he was nevertheless surprised that there were so few people attending the hangar—he counted only two. As he climbed the ladder to board his GEAR, another pair of footsteps could be heard running down the hallway. Ephraim paid no mind, however, until a female voice rang out some feet below him, nearly lost in the whistle of the wind as the roof opened to allow his GEAR passage into space.

“Sir! Please wait for me sir!”

He sighed. He thought had already been over this with his secretary. Letting the safety belt retract back into the mechanism, Ephraim slowly poked his head out of the cockpit and looked down at the woman straightening her glasses at the foot of the ladder. “We’ve already been over this, Lorentia. I am perfectly capable of looking after my own schedule for one day.” All this time he had been looking forward to going to the Earthling’s festival for no other reason than that he would be without escort. And then today they tell him that his subordinate was to accompany him. It was ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

“But sir, the Commander—”

“Please give Commander Gagin my regards.”

“But sir!”

Ephraim heard nothing else, for as soon as he spoke, he had pressed a button on the left-center console and closed the open hatch. Flipping another switch, he sighed and relaxed as he felt the familiar, slight rumble of the power coursing through the machine around him. One moment later, he and his GEAR rocketed into the Eldarian atmosphere, leaving poor Lorentia to suffer the wrath of Commander Gagin.
Or not.
As soon as he was a reasonable distance from Eldar, Ephraim pressed a button and opened a link to the Commander. The man was incensed, as he had expected. However, as a child he had been exposed to so many of these important people that he knew well how to pacify them; and pacify him he did. Now…on to Earth! It would be the first time he had ever set foot on the small planet of blue and green, and he was looking forward to it with rapid increase. Finally, he would be able to test out his language skills on actual natives—not to mention being able to witness their technological capabilities firsthand! He was nearly giddy with excitement. Flipping a switch here and a switch there, he leaned his silvery head back as he entered into warp drive. It would only be an hour or two, now, until he reached Earth.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Na, na na, nanana na, nanana na, Hey Jude~

And the crowd went wild. Closing with an old favourite was always good for pumping up the crowd. And it was always best to close with a long song, because he never did encores anyways. Even better if the crowd can get into it.

"It's been a great pleasure!" He spoke into the mic as he walked off the stage, a few moments after his band had. Walking off the stage, he thought to himself on how many seats he had filled in the massive arena. He was happy with himself.

He'd sold out.

This was a great venture on his part, he figured. The fans were predictable, and would listen to whatever random shit he managed to create. It was fantastic, if not challenging.

Walking through the halls of the stadium, he finally reached his dressing room. He ordered one specifically separate from his band. They were, after all, only hired help. Speaking of that, he was hoping to fire his drummer after the tour. He had this idea that he should emulate the drummer for some British band's (He would never say who) manic, out-there style, when he wanted something a bit more... mechanical sounding, that wouldn't distract from his voice. Or make mistakes.

The dressing room was ridiculously bland, with very little of any interest past a wardrobe and a few mirrors. He had asked not to be fed, so no food had been provided. He was regretting this decision heavily now, so he decided to go and steal some food from his band.

He couldn't help but notice that this place conformed to boring ideas as much as possible. The halls were totally empty of anything of note. There wasn't nearly enough to think about, or entertain himself with, on the short walk to the dressing room. That was bureaucracy for you... boring, and predictable, so long as you knew what was what. Luckily for him, he reached the room very quickly, as it... well, to tell the truth, it was about seven rooms away.

"Yo, Apollo! I'm glad to see you 'round for once!" Called a member of his band, the aforementioned drummer, wearing a ridiculous grin, and holding a bottle of... what looked to be wine. He seemed to have been 'chugging' it. This was one more reason he didn't want to keep this man around. He was costly.
"So what brings you out here?" Asked another of his, the bassist. He had always liked him a bit. Quiet.
"I asked them not to bring food. I changed my mind." Replied our fearless hero, sitting down on a chair next to where the food platter had been left out. His band was, luckily, far more excited about the alcoholic beverages they had been given than the food that had been supplied. It was nothing special, a salad with some croutons. There had been one set out for each inhabitant of the room. He didn't know who's he was taking, or particularly care. Deciding that he wouldn't be able to stand having to eat in the presence of such drunkards as his band, he got up, holding his newly acquired meal.

"Aww, come on, man! Lighten up a bit! Stick around, broski!" Called his drummer. He would remember to write this down somewhere to use against him at a later date.
"I'm hungry, and I don't want to eat in a room that will be filled with drunk, violent, vomiting backing musicians such as yourselves. I'm going to leave now, and I'd prefer if you didn't bother me for the rest of the night. Obviously."

His band, used to this kind of treatment, just sat back and decided to get extra drunk to make up for his not being there.

Upon reaching his room, our hero indulged in his meal. It wasn't very filling, and obviously wasn't made by anyone who had an inkling of an idea of how to make a good salad. He reached the decision that he should walk out of his room, and straight to his manager's, and complain quite angrily. Of course, as he opened the door, his manager coincidentally happened to be right outside, about to knock on said door himself.
"Hello." Our hero said to him, taking note of the fact that his manager was actually dressed formally, which contradicted the man's usual 'casual is best' attitiude.
"How fortunate. I was about to look for you."
"Well, that's wonderful. And so was the show tonight. Great job as always." Said his manager, Clyde D. Bones.
"It was alright... but the drumming needed a bit of work." Spoke our intrepid hero.
Bones gave his typical, somewhat nervous reply. "Yes, that's wonderful... yes, wonderful... but, umm... I have something far, umm... better." He handed our glorious hero a small piece of paper. On it was emblazoned the logo of the GC, that was typical of all its formal documents.

Reading it over, a smile, quite rare for our godlike hero, slipped onto said hero's lips. This was perfect. Unexpected, certainly. But, more than anything, perfect. This was exactly what he needed, not what he desired, but still perfect enough. His mind was getting jumbled so he took a few moments to take in the information and sort himself out. Just as soon as he finished processing what he had just seen, Bones spoke out.
"Looks like it'll be a glorious day for Holland Shields, and, of course, his good friend Clyde."
Holland debated whether Bones had actually received a ticket, but decided to ask at a later time. He was still seriously hungry, and he had to make a few preparations.

Last edited:

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com

“Relax! I just wanted some alone time, I think you and I could work out an interesting agreement…you see, my name’s not on the guest list for that little shindig…” Aston had his sheathed blade gripped in his left hand, while his hazel eyes pulled themselves away from the pile of ash that was his last target, to face the last of the men, who had his rifle pointed dead at the Genetic’s skull.

“You G-G-Genetic bastard! You…” He pulled down on the trigger, sending a steady spray of bullets the young Roux’s way. To his horror though, the soldier watched as this ‘monster’s body flickered away, and reappeared just a foot in front of him.

The blade was drawn now, and Susanoo’s silver blade, which was beaming in the moonlight, was pointed dead at the soldier’s throat. With the force that Aston would surely exert when he would shove the blade into him, the man was certain that he was staring down the Grim Reaper himself. The branded fugitive giggled with delight at the sound of the once boisterous soiling himself.

“If that is any indication, I trust you’ll have no problem hearing me out?” He smirked, the soldier grunted, the Genetic couldn’t see his prey’s face, but he was almost certain he was sending him seriously dirty looks.

“I’ll never work with a Genetic—“ Aston extended his arm, just a bit further, now pressing it ever so gently up against the man’s neck. “F-fine! I’ll hear you out, that’s all!”

“That’s all I can ask for. Now then, I hear there’s a festival to be held in ‘Gaea’ tomorrow? I want to be there. I’ll need passage, and a ticket to the place where the real party will be. Not just where the riff raff is.” He smiled playfully, even going so far as to rest his free arm on the soldier’s shoulder, taking care not to move Susanoo from his atoms apple of course.

“Tch, like I’ll ever—“ Aston increased the pressure of the blade.

“These aren’t negations. I believe they call it…extortion?” The Genetic flashed a toothy grin at him. “Come on, it’s not too much to ask, I’m sure-“ He whipped his tongue out, once again gathering that same green energy orb around it. Aston was sure he could make out a ‘tinkle’ sound coming from somewhere below him, before he quickly retracted it. “Not too much to ask in exchange for a life right?” The man with the scarf giggled yet again, wickedly amused at how quickly one changes their tune when death is involved.

“Fine! Just leave me alone ok? There’s a cargo ship, leaving at midnight. I’m working as a guard on there, I’ll…I’ll sneak you on there, and you can have my ticket to the inside…alright?” The man was struggling to catch his breath after the freight.

“How generous of you! Right then. Let’s head for the ship shall we?” Aston was going to slap the man on the back in a teasing manner—however, that was before he remembered the duo of bodily functions the chap partook in moments ago.

“You…better get cleaned up first. It’s a long way to Gaea.”

Tick, Tock [Everyone’s on the clock]

Aston and Joob, Joob was the name of the soldier Aston had ‘persuaded’ into helping him get onto Gaea, sat atop a rooftop of a skyscraper directly across from the Ceremonial Hall. Stowing away on a cargo ship, sneaking past armed GC guards, and duking it out with hunger were just some of the many hardships the dynamic duo faced getting here. Joob was a tall man, at least, way taller than Aston, brown of skin. He had a pair of bright blue eyes, and platinum blonde hair [with a set of exaggerated side burns]. He had a number of whimsical beige tattoos tatted on his body, and dressed in a jean-jacket, and baggy camouflage pants. His chest was covered by a set of thick chainmail.

The Ceremonial Hall, the grandiose tower of which the men were so intently studying at this moment truly was a testament to how powerful the Conglomerate had become. Well over one hundred stories in height, it seemed to shoot past the heavens themselves, and end in the stars. Golden glass crafted in a fashion that resembled a tulip was abstract, but not so much that you felt wary of entering. When light hit the skyscraper just right, it looked as if the Hall itself was on fire.

Under the cover of the night sky, bathing in the silver blanket of the moon, they prepared to make their move, like hunters stalking their prey. Their eyes didn’t budge a bit from their respective targets. Joob was watching a single window on the complex, a plain office he believed it was. While the room that the window sat inside was of no importance, its position certainly was. See, should a person, or persons perhaps, wish to say, zip-line, across from a rooftop that was oh, directly across from the Hall, that window would be in just the perfect position for them to break through. Allegedly of course.

The pale skinned Genetic was keeping a bird’s eye on the crowd below. From all directions, people grasping small pieces of parchment, darted towards the near endless line that extended from the large double doors of the Hall. Aston smirked as he listened to their joyous cries, he wondered if the humans cheered the same way when the cut the Goddess down.

“Hey, Genetic. Tell me something—“ The visor-wearing soldier pulled away from his watch in order to face the Genetic.

“We don’t have time to engage in conversation,” Aston stated sharply. Joob however, only continued.

“I can’t follow you if I don’t know what you’re doing, can I?” He heaved himself up from the ledge and stared down at the bespectacled enigma.

“You’ve followed me so far, haven’t you?” He didn’t move an inch as he spoke.

“I didn’t have much of a choice. Now, why are you—a Genetic—trying to sneak into the heart of the Global Conglomerate…? The organization out to kill you people?” Part of him already knew what the answer was, but he needed some confirmation.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m more curious as to why a private is still following a Genetic Terrorist around, you could have turned me in ages ago,” The man stood up as well, now staring down [more like up] Joob. It was reminiscent of a face off, but instead of drawing his gun, the soldier simply laughed.

“Well, you see…”

The ballroom of the Ceremonial Hall was gigantic, as was common practice on Gaea. Golden floors, marble turquoise pillars lined both the eastern and western walls. The ceiling of the place was the best part though…a mural of the entire galaxy spanned across it, whats more, was that when the chandeliers were flicked off, the stars all lit up. It was a great place for a part indeed.

Demetri sat in the box above the dance floor, which was sectioned off for officers in attendance to the First Contact Festival. It was long, and spanned the entire length of the eastern most wall. The Colonel, who was sitting next to his giant of a foster father General Xavier Wallace on the left, and his trusted private Ceon on the right, was biting his nails from an extreme fit of anxiety.

It wasn’t enough that he was in this amazingly uncomfortable gray tuxedo. It wasn’t enough that he wasasked to wear his dreads in a ponytail because they looked a lot neater that way. It wasn’t enough that the staff came dangerously close to getting hit with bolts of lightning when they tried to cover up the tattoo underneath his eye. And it certainly wasn’t enough that he hadn’t heard from the circus GEARs all day, nor was it enough that Apollo’s band was just now setting up to play.

Nah…

The true source of Colonel Maverick’s recent fidgety up taking was the fact he had the nagging sensation that something was amiss. He didn’t know what it was. Nor was he even sure at all that he had a real reason to be nervous.

Maybe it was that rumor going around about the ‘Genetic Terrorists’?

He wasn’t sure.

Taro and Elizabeth were in the back of the line. Not like, the general back, the back as in they were seriously the last two in the line. The woman had a habit of changing several times before she went to any event, even if that even was Parent-Teacher-Night at Taro’s school [she was normally the one who attended those]. This time, she was in rare form. Changing a whopping amount of ten times, only to pick the little black dress she had originally planned to wear.

She even made Taro get dressed up for this event, to see the boy in a classic black tux was quite the sight. He looked just like a penguin. A penguin with one hell of a scowl on his face albeit. The violet eyed child was squirming around like he had ants in his pants, but it was really his shoes. –Elizabeth had bought them two sizes too big, he was swimming in them, and he felt like a clown. He let out a sigh, crossing his arms this was about as fun as a…. as fun as a Spacer attack—that was it.

“Heh…hey…it looks like the lines starting to move again!” The yellow eyed woman laughed awkwardly, feeling her companion’s icy glare cutting deep into her. She hadn’t made eye contact with him all night. “Taroooooo! Come on! How was I supposed to know you’re feet were so…” The youth’s brows twitched.

“So…?”

“Uhm, youthful?” Taro sighed. At least she didn’t say the ‘L’ word. Little.

“…I’m fourteen Elizabeth…I’m not gonna be wearing a size twelve.” He muttered as he crossed his arms and faced the front, his vision hindered by a number of [to him] towering backsides. Taro just whipped out his PSP and began to play a round of Super GEAR Showdown. He loved playing as the hero GEAR Pilot X. He had his special blade called ‘Justice’; it cut the enemy GEAR in HALF! Then again, the button combo for the move was ridiculous. He had to rotate the entire handheld twice to pull it off.

“Tch…”

Demetri’s pocket watch finally struck 8. The towering doors of the Hall swung open, and people were beginning to be allowed into the festivities, provided they’re letters were all in order.

“Where is Ad Infinitum, Colonel?” General Wallace, a giant of a man whispered to Demetri, clearly concealing his level of fury to keep appearances. General Xavier Wallace of the American Branch was a giant of a man with muscles upon muscles, a baldhead, and a sharp, prickle beard that covered the entire bottom of his face. The man’s most striking feature though was the cybernetic contraption that took place of right eye. It was gray metal, with a red iris in the shape of a crucifix—it was rather eerie really. The story behind how the soldier lost it was a pretty checkered tale, with different versions and variations all around. The most believable one was that he just lost it in battle.

The dread-locked soldier in a tux broke into a cold sweat—where the hell were they?

“Ah…uhm…”

He gulped and turned towards Ceon. “Take care of my ferret for me, aight Private?”

Fateful Hour

Ad Infinitum ~ Showtime

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the Intergalactic Wandering Caravan, here solely for your entertainment, Ad Infinitum!

Colonel Maverick’s entire body joined his vocals in a sigh of immense relief. That was one thing off his back. Now he was only sad about not being able to see the show himself.

“Lucky break soldier.” The General nodded, turning his attention back towards the doors. “Now let’s see how your band does. I’m curious to see if the levitating stage you prepared works…” The gilded doors were open, and the people started flowing in droves. The party had officially begun…

Taro’s mouth dropped as a line of GEARs rolled in on giant mechanical beach balls. The GEARs were just like clowns in steel bodies, and were only a few feet taller than your tallest human. They were purely recreational items, but they too invoked a serious excitement in him.

The cybernetic jesters twirled about as they rolled down a path beside the line, spitting streams of multi-colored flames into the air. Overhead, to unbeknownst to many outside, a pack of the same clowns took to the sky, swirling around to create a myriad of shapes against the backdrop of the stars.

A line of unsuited [as in not in a GEAR] men and women played an infectious and haunting tune the entire time as they followed they’re much more interesting leaders.

The crowd went into a dazzled uproar, hooping and hollering with glee as Ad Infinitum performed.

Above it all, Aston and Joob prepared to make an entrance of their own. While the soldier watched with a child’s grin as the flying jesters began to shoot fireworks into the sky, the Genetic was untying a certain white article from his belt loop. His father’s white mask.

Adopting a solemn [more solemn than before at least] visage, he fastened the shroud to his face.

Joob knitted his brow, rather confused by Aston’s recent change in wardrobe, “Ah, you’ve got a strange taste in fashion don’t you? Is that thing crying a tear of blood?” He chuckled, pointing mockingly at the mask.

“This is the mask my father wore as he carried out his sermons back on the Sanctum [The highest church on Saturn]. I’d appreciate it if you did not poke fun at it.” Aston swatted the air, as if knocking away Joob’s ignorance, “You all take enjoyment in artificial stars? How strange.”

“They’re fireworks man. Sheesh, what the hell did you do back on yer rock? They’re fun, just look at em’ how could you not smile when you watch em?” The tan-skin man pointed hard at the spectacle. “See that one there, its Earth. They’re gonna do the whole Sol System.” Joob laughed cheerfully, “It’s always great, no matter how many times I see it.” His voice slowly softened to a tone of dreamy nostalgia.

“Come, if what you told me was true, then we don’t have that much time until midnight, I have to get to the Heads quickly.” Aston grabbed the black rope that was sitting tangled up behind them, with a sour look at the mess.

“Right. Forty-five minutes. An hour tops, depending on how it goes. –The Heads though are all going to be on the top floor. There’s a secret meeting going on.” As he explained the plan, Aston couldn’t help but smirk behind his mask.

“How could anyone truly believe you to be an average Private? You know way too much.” He was busy untangling the rope, making sure to voice his serious disapproval of its previous owner’s handling.

“Me too. But I guess that’s what made my job so easy.” Joob sighed, “That reminds me, why the hell did you need the letter they gave me in the first place?” He shrugged, “Not that it matters anymore anyway.” The ‘soldier’ was waving the article haphazardly.

“If I happen to run into anyone eying me, I’ll just show them that. Then again, that’s assuming that they somehow overlook the glaring tattoo on my left wrist.” Aston grimaced at his branding, such a disgrace for it to be placed upon on of his blood.

“Makes sense. Alright then, let’s move.”

“Right, I’d rather not waste anymore time here.”

Demetri and the General nodded at each other. The Colonel dug into the breast pocket of his tux, and pulled out a small white earpiece, the green lights on the side of it were flashing.

“Alright, get three men on every floor, I want five guarding the Generals as they head to the top—make sure they’re in plain clothes though. Can’t risk spooking any guests.” A ‘roger’ sounded over the other end, and the connection ended. With another nod shared between them, the General rose up from his seat, accompanied by several other men, who all shared that same kind of ‘air of importance’ as Wallace did. Climbing the three steps at the end of their aisles they exited the box to go God knows where.

“Wonder what the meeting’s about…” He exclaimed to Ceon. Demetri shook his head, “Whatever, not my place to question,” He flicked the knob on the side of his earpiece, switching channels over to the band down below. The light flashed, indicating the connection was successful, “There’s a button on the center of the stage, hit that to activate the Levitation Mana-Drive, be careful not to fall off once it starts to levitate. You’ll be falling from the ceiling.” Whether everyone was ready or not, it was Showtime.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Emilie could hardly believe that she was actually here—in the heart of the Global Conglomerate, of all places! It was beyond absurd… When she had received the letter from Johnis a month or two ago, she had agreed to attend the festival only once he had told her they would be able to spend the day together. What he hadn’t told her was that he had already gotten clearance for her to attend the real party; and he hadn’t told her until just a few hours ago. The young woman sighed, and cast her brother a slightly annoyed, sidelong glance at the remembrance of the ‘event’.

“I—I don’t think that’s a very good idea…” she had finally managed to stutter after being left completely speechless when her brother had ‘popped the question’. She knew Johnis was quite capable of arranging for her to attend the festival without being noticed, but throwing herself into the middle of the biggest shindig in years? That was a bit too much. So when he asked her why she didn’t want to go, she had remained silent, merely staring at him. Johnis, guessing the meaning of her silence, had laughed.

“Come on, sis. If you don’t come, everyone’s going to think I got stood up by the girlfriend I promised to show them tonight.”

She turned her eyes back to the stage, where the musicians were currently performing—in midair. She didn’t know how exactly she had allowed herself to be conned into participating, but it wasn’t as if she and her brother were in an awkward position. They had always been close, so it wasn’t anything new for him to kiss her cheek, have his arm around her, or hold her hand. But…she couldn’t relax, even with her brother’s hand swallowing hers. She had this odd, unsettled feeling in the pit of her stomach, and she had had it for quite a while now. It didn’t even disappear in her dreams; if anything, it got heavier. It was terrifying—even with Johnis right next to her, she was nearly immobilized with fear. “Johnis, I—”

“Johnis!”

From amidst the crowds of rather well-dressed people that were clustered throughout the building for this exclusive event, making their way through the mass of bodies came three men. From the way they grinned at Johnis and eyeballed her, Emilie could guess easily enough that they were ‘everyone’. What kind of people was her beloved brother hanging out with in his spare time!? She didn’t like the looks of these men at all, and little by little shrank behind her brother, clutching Shimeji tightly against her chest when one of them—a taller one with deep reddish-brown skin, high cheekbones and long, pin-straight black hair remarked on her.

“Looks like she’s shy, bro!” he laughed, his black eyes twinkling with a merry light as he slipped behind Johnis and elbowed Emilie, who then proceeded to jump nearly a foot into the air—much to the amusement of the men. Johnis laughed as well, much to the detriment of his sister’s confidence, and as he pulled her in front of him slipped his arms around her shoulders in a casual embrace. It was time for introductions. The tall one who had elbowed her was introduced as Kannon—she wasn’t entirely sure, but she may have misjudged him…a bit—he came from Native American descent, and his eyes were friendly. The other two didn’t really leave much of an impression on Emilie, they were both of average height with sandy brown hair and light green eyes, they were brothers and hailed from a Kentucky horse ranch; it was them that she didn’t like the looks of—something in the expression of their eyes didn’t seem quite right. But nevertheless, she smiled a timid smile and greeted the men her brother called his friends.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"I can't believe this!" Lily stormed off, clearly infuriated as she ran away. The girl was frusterated, hurt, and just plain angry. If she had known things would turn out like this, she would never had come. She had been decieved. Lied to. And she was an idiot to think Cam actually wanted to spend time with her.

"Wait--Damn it, Lily! GET BACK HERE!" Camille screamed across the hallway, looking like she was just about ready to deck someone in the face. She couldn't believe the nerve of that girl--teenagers! Always so damn difficult! Steamed, Camille grinded her teeth, her body literally shaking from the anger. After all the crap she went through, this was how she got thanked?!

"Lily! Wait--please! Damn it, Cam! You said you wouldn't do this!" Aster turned on his sister, also quite angry. Seeing as how this guy was always so calm and gentle, it was quite the sight to see him so riled up.

Now, you'd probably like to know what exactly is the problem here, wouldn't you?

You see, after arriving at the festival together, Camille had to go to her shift of protecting the Commander. Aster and Lily were not aware of this--Aster because Camille told them they would spend the entire festival together, and Lily because, well, she simply did not know. Aster was angry at being lied to, Lily was angry because she felt betrayed, and Camille was angry at how ungrateful Lily was acting.

Quite a scene. Good thing this was away from the festivities.

"You said we'd be together!" Lily yelled out, clearly raising her voice as loud as she could. It was a bad habit of hers; whenever she was really mad, she'd simply scream and yell. It was something she never quite outgrew, unfortunately... "You LIED to me!"

"How else do you think I got these tickets?!" Camille hollered back, her face contorted with pure rage. She simply couldn't believe this. How the hell could that girl be so selfish?! Here she and Aster were, breaking their backs so she could have a damn good time, and then she had the damn nerve to go and just start whining like a little girl. It was infuriating! "Damn it, Lily, you can have fun by yourself!"

"You don't get it, you stupid liar!"

"WHAT?!"

"STOP IT!" Aster himself got into the shouting match, putting himself between the two as Camille advanced on her younger sister. "Damn it, Cam, you said you wouldn't do this!" Having only slightly calmed down, he was trying to get the situation under control. After all, Camille and Lily had fought so much, this was almost a daily thing. Or at least, it had been. "I specifically asked if you would do anything--"

"How would it look if I didn't work?! All the other units are participating, I'm not going to go and get my repuation messed up just because of this!" Camille let her voice get lower, feeling a painful headache coming on. Though whether it was a result of the Mana Drives or her siblings, not even science could tell.

"Then why would you bring me here?! Just to leave me alone?!" Lily cried, finally letting the waterworks out. "You NEVER spend any time with me, it's like I don't even matter!"

"You DO matter, you idiot! Why else would I bring you?!"

The three kept arguing for some time, the aura of their fighting one that was tense. Fortunately, it would end soon--unfortunately, how it ended wasn't so good:

Finally managing to shove Aster out of the way telekinetically, Camille rounded on Lily. "Stop acting like a damned spoiled brat!"

Lily bit her lip, determined to stop crying, as much as she couldn't hold them back. Camille did hate her. She did! She had to! "You...I...I...!" She couldn't even manage to muster up the words, sobbing as she tried to talk. She was hurt.

"Stop acting like such a crybaby! You think that's how adults act?!"

"Cut it out!" Aster managed to intervene. "Damn it, Cam, she's still a kid--"

"No! I have had enough of this, Aster!" Camille rubbed her temples as she tried to calm herself down, but her blood boiled, and she couldn't stop herself. "Ever since she'd been living with me, it's been the same crap everytime!"

"Cam--"

"NO! I am SICK of this! I do EVERYTHING for you, and you act like a spoiled little girl EVERY TIME!" Camille started yelling again, much to Aster's dismay. "I wish you had burned in that fire with Mom and Dad!"

That had done it.

The room went completely silent, the three siblings looking at one another. Camille couldn't believe what she had just said; how could she have said something like that? Immediately regretting it, Camille tried to apologize to the shocked Lily. "Lily, I...I didn't mean that..."

Shaking her head, Lily stared at the ground. She knew it. She was right all along. "I knew you hated me...I just knew it..." She muttered, feeling the tears come to her eyes again.

"Lily, I--"

Before either of the two could do anything, Lily pushed Aster aside, running straight to the door. Her greatest fear was realized--Camille hated her.

And nothing in the world is worse than your big sister hating you.

Pushing the door open, Lily ran out, passing by several people, ignoring all of them. She didn't know where she was going, or where she was. She just wanted to get away from them, away from everything. Her heart hurt too much, and she kept running until she tripped. As she got up, she looked to see the festivities going on. Crawling over to the wall, she rested against it, brought her knees to her chest, and cried.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
OOC: Short post

IC: Staring at the ceiling, Ceon didn't get why he wasnt on perimeter control with the rest of the privates. Ceon was a rookie to the fullest extend but, he had much adequate training under Demetri. He could swear that sometimes that man wanted him to end up dying during the training but at the same time he had grown in skill. The hardwork put forward had brought him to grasp his powers as a genetic much more easily then many would think. Not to mention he was a much better pilot but, things were weird with him, considering he was a Star King which was rare within genetic.

“Take care of my ferret for me, aight Private?”

Snapping him back to reality, it had been several minutes since he heard though. He didn't like being some animal babysitter. He was a soldier now so, that didn't sit well with him but, he liked the ferret so, he would take the order happily. Petting it, he heard the Colonel speak again. Hitting the button hesitantly, Ceon was afraid to move a muscles. His eyes opened wide as the machines began to activate and he was lifted up. "I hope things go fine." Ceon commented with a cheery voice.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Bright lavender eyes beheld with wonder and amazement the festivities taking place all around him. Never before in his life had he seen such a carefree display of…of abandonment! Everywhere, people were laughing and completely disregarding any worries they may have possessed. It was completely beyond any Eldarian celebrations and whatever he had been used to in the past. On Eldar, celebrations were formal affairs; sure there was laughter and gaiety, but these were usually expressed in a reserved manner. Here, on the other hand, Ephraim could hardly hear his own thoughts for all the noise! With every quickened pulse of his heart, adrenaline coursed through his veins and filled his head with excitement. All day he had been floating on a cloud (figuratively speaking, of course), attending the different events and trying out the different earthling foods. His favorite activity had been the exhibitions featuring various GEARs—these earthling pilots really weren’t half bad! He had watched, starry-eyed, as the latest technology was demonstrated to the masses…perhaps that had been his favorite, after all. Throughout the day he had seen at least one representative of many different ‘alien’ races. Many of them he knew by appearance but was not acquainted with on a personal level, so apart from a handful of polite conversations with the few he had been acquainted with, Ephraim spent the majority of the day on his own. This was, to be honest, completely ideal; and now he stood, letter of invitation in hand, waiting to gain admittance to the exclusive party being hosted by the Global Conglomerate. On his arm, or rather, standing uncomfortably close next to him, was his assistant, whom he previously thought he had left behind on Eldar.

About half an hour ago, he had been surprised when, at a tap to his arm, he had turned around to see none other than his secretary, Lorentia. She had immediately pried him away from the display he had been examining and forcefully hauled him back to his GEAR, where she then proceeded to shove a tuxedo into his arms. As shocked as he had been to suddenly find Lorentia at his side, he had been even more surprised at her apparel when he had exited the GEAR, fully decked out in an Earthling-style black tux. Indeed, if not for her signature glasses and straight, shoulder-length midnight blue hair he would not have recognized her. She had traded her sensible and functional uniform for a rather ultra full-length gown of deep-blue silk with a severely plunging neckline that highlighted a rather curvaceous figure that had heretofore gone unnoticed by Ephraim; and as his shoes had been replaced by patent leather dress shoes, Lorentia’s stilettos placed her head a good five or six inches taller than his.

Casting an annoyed, sidelong glance at the woman next to him, Ephraim finally spoke. “Tell me again, Lorentia, why, exactly, you’re here?”

To this, the woman giggled. “Because, sir, if I hadn’t come when I did, you would still be gaping at all the displays!” Despite the fact that Ephraim was her superior in rank, Lorentia was three years older and saw him as the younger brother she never had. She was rather fond of him and was, perhaps, the person who knew him best.

“I already told you that I was about to leave when you suddenly accosted me and—” he got no further, for their turn had come to show their letters and enter the building.

~~~

A little while later, Ephraim was suffocating. He really wasn’t suited at all to these over-the-top celebrations, and he had a massive headache. So after thinking of some sort of excuse, he quietly slipped away from his assistant/mother hen and set to looking for a quiet place to rest. It was amazing how insulated the walls in these buildings were against sound. He had only passed a few rooms when the music of the main hall became mere background music. Breathing a sigh of relief, the young Eldarian slowed his pace and leaned against a wall with his fingers pressed to his temples in an attempt to alleviate some of the pressure; he suspected that someone had spiked the punch. It was while he was in this position that he heard another noise, not coming from the main hall along with the music and chatter, but coming instead from the area right next to him. It was a foreign sound to the young man, but not one that was totally unfamiliar with; it was the sound of someone crying. He sighed again, and this time a note of disdain tinged the small breath; of course, of all the places in the building, he had found the one that housed the only grieving soul in the entire area. But why was that one soul grieved?

Curiosity (or so Ephraim told himself) prompted him to tilt his head slightly to the side and shift his gaze downwards to see what, exactly, the problem was. But he saw no problem—just a girl. He couldn’t make an accurate judgment because the young lady seemed to be terribly distressed, but she appeared to be quite young indeed. Well…younger than he was, at least. In passing, Ephraim wondered when it was that he had begun thinking of himself as a middle-aged man; but just as quickly as that thought came, it was gone and he found that he was becoming flustered himself—he could actually feel heat rising to his face; how terribly awkward! But somehow he found himself speaking. “Ah…miss..? Are you…quite all right?” His thoughts exploded. Ephraim Baalie Aquarelle, what an absurd question! Anyone can plainly see that this girl is clearly not all right!

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
It was hard to imagine. Very, very, hard. For most people, that is. However, for people like Holland... well, they lived the nightmare far, far too often.

Absolute boredom.

All he could see was women dressed in idiotic, overblown dresses... and men wearing the exact same suit. All of them. Even him. How was he supposed to figure out who was worth talking to, if they were all making attempts to blend into his head? He supposed that it probably didn't matter, seeing as he was supposed to perform, soon. And, he was very worried about what the reception for his chosen setlist might be. It was almost exclusively slow songs, with one hard rocker as his closer, and a few uptempo pop songs. It was mostly his work, too... so he couldn't rely on familiarity... He was quickly regretting having accepted this.

Initially, he had thought that he was just being invited to the party... so, of course, he had accepted. But what a pain this was turning out to be. He was going to be forced to stand up in front of a bunch of slutty, idiotic government types and sing songs about things he knew nothing about. Truly a much harder crowd than his usual teenage-to-young-adult ones. Luckily, his roadies were shit, so he had a good while before they were finished setting up. His band was all still getting dressed, because they were even less tolerant than he was for fancy dress.

However, in the meantime, he was still quite desperate. He was truly, and completely, and totally, absolutely bored. As a matter of fact, he was quite certain that he would have been fine if anything happened. Hell, earth could be attacked for all he cared, he needed a way to pass the time!

But, life just wasn't like that. Lucky or not, entertainment never decided to just show up. Things just didn't happen in that way. Everyone knew that. So, he figured himself totally insane for wishing so... but still. He would give anything to see some entertainment just fall right out of the sky.

Because, like I said.

Absolute boredom.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
“Hey! Stop!”

“Aaaaaaah!”

Making a b-line through the crowd like he was in the final moments of the Superbowl, a young black and white colored streak was making his was through the crowd. The youthful charlatan bobbed and weaved in and out of bodies, sliding under dinner carts, and ducking behind roundtables. His pursuers tried their best to keep up, but with their burly bodies, and a crowd as dense as it was it was near impossible to do so.

Why, oh why did he let Elizabeth talk him in to this?

“Hey Taro, look!” The yellow eyed woman pointed towards a small cut around the side of the skyscraper. She shoved Taro until he eventually reluctantly looked. He squinted to see a small group of men entering through a door on that side. They must have been workers—they didn’t look like soldiers. “We might be able to get in over there…”
Elizabeth smirked, plotting her devious endeavor.

Taro scowled at her. “We can’t. We’ll get caught—this is a military island! They’ll shoot us!” What the hell was wrong with her? Elizabeth groaned.

“Taro! Look at this line!” She gestured towards the enormous trail of bodies before them. “I don’t know about you…but I wanna get inside the party. So I’m going—you can follow if you want.” The woman flipped her hair, stuck her nose in the air, and slowly sauntered for the door.

Meanwhile, the violet eyed boy sighed. She wouldn’t leave him…would she? He watched in disbelief as she got further, and further away from him. No, he couldn’t! He’d be shot on sight for sneaking into a government complex! But…he did want to see inside…

Taro looked up to the fireworks overhead—they wouldn’t last much longer…and what then? He’d be left. At the end of a line—by himself. Outside the party of the millennium—by himself. Playing a low battery PSP—by himself.

The boy roared.

“Wait!” He came running after his caretaker. Who winked to herself in satisfaction at a perfectly laid out plan.

“Waaaaah!”

Taro spotted a crowd of men, well, actually, there was a girl among them. She was really thin, with eyes the same color as his, and for some reason, she was clinching a doll. Oh well-he didn’t have time to think. Quickly, he dove into the circle, colliding with the girl. The two of them crashed onto the tile with a loud THUD.

Above it all, Demetri and Ceon were antsy—well Demetri was at least. Ceon was more or less his usual self.

“I hope things go fine.” The Private said.

“You’re tellin’ me. Shit…” He rubbed his neck, looking for any other officers in the box. There was supposed to be a Camille Gardenia here, lady Colonel of the Japan branch. He had heard from a transfer that she was a looker. Sadly, she wasn’t here for him to see with his own eyes. Pity.

Just then, a call came in to his earpiece.

“Colonel! Two people tried to sneak through the service entrance!”

The Colonel sighed. Sounds about right. He was just surprised it was only two.

“Did you get em’ soldier?” Maverick hopped up from his seat. With his right hand held up to the device in his ear, he rested the left on the cool brass guardrail while his eyes scanned the crowd for any disturbances. The man on the other side of the transmission gulped.

“Uhm…no…Colonel sir. The woman disappeared, and we lost the boy in the crowd…”

Demetri sucked his teeth.

“Sir?”

“….Meh. It’s only two. Call the search off. We’ve got more important things to worry about than a couple of intruders.” The dread-locked officer shrugged. The man on the other end gasped. “Let em’ enjoy the party.”

“But Colonel! You can’t—“

The transmission was ended.

- -

With a loud ding, the silver doors of an elevator slid open, revealing the scene inside. Two men, leaned up against the furthest wall, one, wearing an eerie white mask juggled a short weapon in his left hand. In a corner of the room sat a large pile of ash, a small collection of military medals and tags scattered in the wreck.

“Hundredth floor, this is where the meeting is…” Joob said as he pushed himself off of the wall and exited the room.

“Indeed. We have one hour to do this, let’s not waste any more time.” Aston said as his now sheathed weapon disappeared into a mass of gold flecks. With his hands shoved in his pockets, he exited the elevator, allowing its doors to slam shut behind them.

“Right. At twelve this whole place is going to hell, I need to join the others then.” The soldier checked the silver watch on his wrist with a grimace.

“And I plan to make my escape amongst all of the confusion.” The masked Genetic nodded to himself. “To think, a terrorist group undercover at the home of the GC! And one of their members made it all the way into the ranks!
...says a lot about their background checks.” He giggled.

“We’re not a terrorist group. We’re employed by the Goddess herself.” Joob said sharply correcting the man.

“We both use the Goddess as justification for our actions, in the end though, all that anyone on the other side will see are murderers.” Aston pointed out rather, cynically.

- -

Demetri started for the stairs in the back of the balcony. Waving for Ceon he grinned. He was still worried, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t enjoy the party before him.

“Come on Private, let’s go mingle!”

The time was 11:14.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
It was all so STUPID! The entire thing! Worst part was, she was at her job, actually supposed to be doing something. And of course, she let her temper get the best of her. Her face buried in her hands, Camille was pulling at her braid, looking ready to explode at any given time. The fight was completely unneeded, unneccesary, pointless, stupid, and...just stupid. The headache that had been coming on turned into a full-blown migrane, though a few pills solved that problem easy.

It was the other problem that was driving her mad.

Camille took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She couldn't believe what she had said--no, she couldn't believe what had just happened. Now she definitely looked like the bad guy. With another groan, Camille felt another headache come up, the room suddenly spinning. By the time she got a hold of herself, she had ended up on her knees.

Tsk, as if things weren't bad enough. I need better medication... The Colonel rolled her eyes as she got to her feet, dusting herself off. The dress she was wearing didn't make things any easier; she was so used to her uniform that her 'civilian' clothes were completely foreign. It was a sad, sad thing...'Specially because this was her mother's favorite cocktail dress. Not too long, not too short, stoppi around three quarters of her thigh. She felt semi-humiliated, but alas, she had more things to worry about. Where was I going...Oh, right.

She approached the door to her destination, giving an irritated sigh. How am I supposed to explain myself...? She pondered, scratching her chin as she tried to make up an excuse to explain herself to the General. ...To hell with it, I'll just tell the truth...

"Pardon me, General." She spoke as she entered, clearing her throat. Ugh, I am in so much trouble...

_____

"Lily! Lily, where'd you go?!" Aster called as he roamed the hallways, looking around. He had hoped they'd be able to go at least a day without something happening, but sadly, he had been wrong. Very wrong. So wrong that if bets had been placed he'd have lost all his money. "Aw, come on, Lils! Answer me!"

It was hopeless; he had no idea where in the heck he had went, nor did he see the direction in which she had ran. Cam had gone back to her post, leaving Aster in charge of Lily. As usual.

The man came to a halt, feeling hopeless. She was so small, she could've slipped anywhere. Could've jumped out the window. Could've been kidnapped. Could've been manhandled by a group of thugs who liked to mess around with defenseless little sisters while their big brothers looked desperately from them--

AHHH! Don't think like that!!!! Aster was horrified at his own thinking, comically pulling his own hair. Just--stop thinking and look! More frantic than ever, Aster began running around, calling Lily's name.

_____

Lily gave a small hiccup of a response, immediately wiping her eyes. She disliked when anyone, even strangers, saw her cry. A moment of weakness was not attractive. Still, she managed to get to her feet, putting on a small, embarressed smile. "I-I'm okay." She assurred the man, not wanting to cause any trouble.

She laughed a little bit as she wiped her cheeks, giving another hiccup. "I just...I just had a fight...with my sister." She explained quietly as she sniffled. "It's not new...we fight a lot..."

Last edited:

Zeph

imp of the perverse
“A-Auwaah!”

One minute she had been sighing with relief when Johnis’s friends had finally announced that they needed to be heading off for some sort of duty, and the next moment something like a small boulder sent her sprawling to the ground, face-first. Dazed, Emilie rubbed her elbow as she slowly raised herself to a sitting position, wondering just what the force was that had knocked her to the ground. Or, to be more exact, who had knocked her to the ground; because she and the person in question were currently a tangled mass of legs and clothes. A momentary twinge of panic shot through her mind accompanied by the usual prickling sensation all over her skin—what if she had been discovered!? Those fears were dispelled, however, when her wide violet eyes met another pair of eyes of a very similar shade. The other pair of eyes belonged to a young boy; a young boy that was currently trying to wrench himself free of the large amount of fabric from the bow on the back of her shirt in which he had become entangled. “I-I’m sor—” she began, reaching out to help un-tangle the boy.

Halfway through her apology though, Emilie gasped and went mute with the sudden realization that Shimeji was no longer safely cradled in her arms. Alarm blasted through her veins as she turned this way and that, her eyes desperately searching for her beloved friend and confidant. “Shi-Shim…” It was then that her eyes finally fell on her favorite doll. A rather tall woman in a long, deep blue dress with hair to match, had just scooped the doll up from the floor at her feet and was now straightening his wig. “Ah…” She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing other than a small breath of air escaped her lips.

Johnis, seeing the object of her attention, laid a hand on her head before going off to retrieve the doll—leaving his sister to handle herself. Emilie, satisfied now that Shimeji was safe, stood and brushed herself off, reaching out her hand to help the boy to his feet, as well. “Are you hurt?” she asked quietly, calmly brushing off the shoulders of his tux as if it were the most natural thing in the world. She would have to commission Johnis to re-tie the bow on the back of her shirt.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

The young Eldarian nodded awkwardly when the tearful girl assured him that she was alright. However proficient with technology he may have been, Ephraim’s competence was severely lacking when it came to crying women. Though his intuition whispered to him that she was merely trying to ‘save face’ as they said, she insisted that she was alright so that was where his responsibility towards her ended—not that he actually possessed any responsibility towards the young woman in the first place. She seemed embarrassed, and the tone of her laugh betrayed that as she attempted to remove the tears from her face. Not that he could blame her, the situation in and of itself was completely uncomfortable; she should have chosen a more private quarter to shed tears. An awkward silence ensued for a few seconds, and Ephraim began to turn and find another solitary space, when the girl hiccupped once more.

"I just...I just had a fight...with my sister." She explained quietly as she sniffled. "It's not new...we fight a lot..."

Ephraim was at a loss for words; clearly he had gotten in over his head. What was he to say? How should he respond? These were only two of the many questions bombarding his overwhelmed mind. But…she had seemed so sorrowful as she said that; she seemed like a nice girl, what possible reason could there be for she and her sibling to clash? Subconsciously wanting to express words of consolation to the girl, but unsure of what to say, Ephraim nodded stupidly for the second time. Then suddenly remembering his manners, he quickly plucked the handkerchief from the breast-pocket of his suit and held it out for the girl to use in aid of drying her face. “Please forgive my rudeness,” he finally said, baffled as to why he hadn’t thought of the courtesy earlier. If Lorentia were here, she’d have hit him by now for his thoughtlessness. As an Eldarian, Ephraim had no knowledge of familial bonds; the ‘family unit’ was replaced with the entire Eldarian race—this did not lead to tremendous affection for any particular relations, because there were none. As a result, he was really quite perplexed as to what to say to this girl who was grieving over a quarrel with her sister…and his ineptitude in this situation only served to exasperate him.

And so, for a lack of any better ideas, Ephraim inelegantly scratched the back of his head before bowing slightly. “I suppose that my intrusion warrants an introduction. I am Ephraim.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back