• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Enjoying Chain of Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rau Le Creuset

Hello!

The last time I played Chain of Memories was a while ago, and now that I've got KH 1.5 I'm replaying it. The first time I played it I wasn't that into the card based game play, but this time I'm really enjoying it. I love having to think about my moves rather than just wailing the melee buttons, I just went through KH 1.5 on proud and found it a bit too straight forward. CoM Proud mode is going very well so far unlike my first proud play through many years ago, It still retains some difficulty while keeping the game fair.

I don't know guys.. I'm just really enjoying my chain of memories. I never got this the first time I played. Anyone else feel this way? I know It's just a bunch of rehashed worlds and all that junk, but the system makes it worth it.

Alecs27

The battle system is interesting only against bosses, when you fight normal heartless is boring after a while.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I enjoy the card battle system, actually. It only gets annoying when you get to the last 3 or 4 worlds, where the regular Heartless have huge HP bars which take forever to deplete.

Besides that, I love CoM.

Rau Le Creuset

"The battle system is interesting but only when you fight bosses"

Can't that be true for every KH game? The difference here is that you have to think rather than simply mashing the x button. I totally understand how that can get tedious though. That's why they give you the escape option I guess. I found the bosses In chain of memories harder than most other bosses in the series the first time I played. Anyone else had some trouble with Larxene's second fight the first time? I swear she was so hard, I guess I'll find out soon.

Btw.. how'd my avatar get so small?

Elysium

Awards
If I had to rank how hard the bosses are by each game, I'd put this game at the top of the list, personally, followed by KH, then DDD, then Days and BbS.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
KHCOM battle hard true but because of card's battle system but bbs bosses like 1-MF 2-no heart 3-armor of the master 4-vanitas sentiment and mirage arena bosses those the hard one true in bbs storyline bosses are easy no doubt but KHCOM not the hardest game you can break there attack's with 0 card that's easy tops are
kh2 for the secret bosses
kh1
khbbs
khdays
khDDD
khcom
khcoded
khxchi

Rau Le Creuset

Xehanort, of course grinding levels and cards makes the game easier. Just wondering, you seem to have played every game, did you complete them all on the highest difficulty yet? I still have to do DDD on the unlocked difficulty.

Tartarus, what makes KH #2 on your list? No offence intended, just curious.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've always found the system enjoyable or at least tolerable I do think though it gets tedious going from room to room.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Chain of Memories is one of those games that espouses the game design of "you get out what you put in."

Many of the people who deride CoM do so because of its combat, and I feel like those people tried to play CoM as they play other KH games. I know that's what I did for the longest time.

Stacking your deck with 9s and 0s and just whaling on enemies is both slow and tedious.
But when you really get into planning out your deck, using Sleights and enemy cards and toying with Keyblade combos and enemy weaknesses, suddenly the combat is much more involved--almost a completely different system.

CoM is great, but not a lot of people give it a fair shake I feel.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
CoM was my very first KH game, and I never beat it when I was little. When I got more into the series around KH2, I was pretty excited to be getting Re:CoM. The gameplay is fun to me. It really follows the theme of Castle Oblivion. I mean, using sleights is an excellent way to advance through a battle or turn it around, but you have to sacrifice. If you're reckless, you eventually lose everything, and you REALLY notice it.

CoM is my second favorite KH game after 3D. I love to hate it. It's fun to be frustrated at my stupid decisions, but it DOES get tedious. I'm the type to battle everything that comes at me, and it gets stale. But this way I find the strengths and faults in my deck BEFORE I fight the boss.

Alecs27

If I had to rank how hard the bosses are by each game, I'd put this game at the top of the list, personally, followed by KH, then DDD, then Days and BbS.
Nah, CoM bosses are not that difficult even in Proud Mode, only Vexen in both fights was pretty strong. I think that Dream Drop Distance is far more difficult, I got stuck even with normal enemies in TWTNW and the last fights (Xemnas, Ansem II) were pretty hard obv I'm talking about Proud mode. Don't remember BbS actually, but I bet it's not difficult as DDD.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
Nah, CoM bosses are not that difficult even in Proud Mode, only Vexen in both fights was pretty strong. I think that Dream Drop Distance is far more difficult, I got stuck even with normal enemies in TWTNW and the last fights (Xemnas, Ansem II) were pretty hard obv I'm talking about Proud mode. Don't remember BbS actually, but I bet it's not difficult as DDD.
KHDDD bosses weren't that hard for me in proud xemnas was not hard but ASOD super hard O.O and bbs bosses harder i mean the secret bosses no heart armor of the master vanitas sentiment MF and mirage arena bosses try in proud mode

EDIT: but i didn't finish DDD in proud i wasn't onto it

Last edited:

Rau Le Creuset

It's all different. I found CoM to be so hard the first time I played it, but like the other gentleman said, I was playing it like any other KH game. On the other hand I didn't find DDD so hard, I just really didn't like the game.

Elysium

Awards
Tartarus, what makes KH #2 on your list? No offence intended, just curious.
I rank the games more by how hard they are on the greatest difficulty (usually Proud, Critical in some cases) without overleveling. The first game is still challenging; it only goes down when you've memorized everything about how all the enemies work, but that's what happens for any game. Most of the bosses and the regular enemies are still challenging. I don't judge by the secret bosses.

Rau Le Creuset

For sure. I'm just remembering my first KH run. I did it on proud and don't even remember how many times I died to Ursula. Until I thought of equipping those thundaga bands..

My CoM progress is going well, I died to Marluxias final form like an idiot, but other than that it's all good.

I have another incoming curiosity. What is Marluxias power? I remember it saying Flowers somewhere, but I don't know if you can classify "Flower" as power, unless you're a hippy and love flower power. I always connected it with the analogy of the rose, Looks pretty to hide the thorns. Marluxia pretends to work with the organization only to be one of it's biggest traitors. Marluxia has a copy of himself running around doing battles for him. And he hides Namine and uses her to get Sora to take down Axel. So it kind of seems that by "flowers" they could have meant deceit. I don't know, anyone got other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back