• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English VA's...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
TwilightSoulKey said:
look dude the japanese VA's were corny and horrible

sora did NOT sound 15 he sounded like a 5 year old in puberty..it was horrible. in fact roxas too. All of the japanese VA's sounded like little girls..the only one that sounded like a man was DiZ.

at least in kh2 they have the same VA from kh1...and he sounds mature this time, and roxas--rocks ass!!! hayden did well and so did david gallagher so i can't agree with you the japanese ones are the ones that suck.

what the hell is donald saying? does anybody know? i don't even think the japanese understand what he says

and what's IMO?

THANK YOU! EXACTLY! People should shut up about the NA version because the JP version has its faults as well.

BTW:
In
My
Opinion

T

TwilightBlitz7

could somone close this thread people r so stupid they keep bitchin about the NA VAs when they dont even have the game yet and seen all the cut scenes

E

Eclipse

well it's an opinionated thread.....it's for people to say what they want so basically it's gonna stay open because people are gonna keep saying what they want

REala728

Website
www.myspace.com
yeah i think the Na voices are good the only problem i have is tifa and arith (too high) but w/e i gotta get used to it cause of all the spinoffs... but non final fantasy i think all the english voices i've heard so far were great

onyxrhapsody87

I didn't really have a problem with even Tifa's VA... from what I've heard it was pretty good... Nothing to get mad about... People do have their rights to opinions but as far as the japanese VA's, I think you can judge them based on their acting abilities... even if you don't understand what they are saying, it's pretty easy to feel what the actor's feelings they're trying to project on to they're listeners... It's like watching a spanish soap opera... (I know... but I couldn't really think of another example...)
That all being said, I think the Japanese did a great job with KH... simply with the feel... I also think it's way too early to judge anyone... those could have been still in production or something... Basically, we'll see when we get the game...

E

Eclipse

i just let them do whatever they want i really don't care i just want the game. whichever way it goes i just want it

Ansem/Sephy

Sora's new voice is kinda . . . yeaaaaahhhhh. I liked Hades, and Riku was OK. Roxas was, once again, just OK. Kairi was pretty much the same. I hated Aerith's. Mandy Moore was a perfect match and now I'm just p.o.'d. Cloud was the same. Namine is pretty good but not great. Tifa didn't quite match but her actress definitely has talent and I'll get over that because Tifa rocks and she's still pretty good too. I think that Christopher Lee will be perfect for DiZ and I'm praying that Epcar only does Xehanort (poor Xehanort) and not Xemnas too. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice find, but who can compare to Zane? Maybe Billy Zane will do Xemnas. I hope.

I liked most of the Japanese V/A better, and frankly, they pull off corny better. Not to mention, I love the accent. But as for the North American version, I hope there's time to redo one or two scenes and I'll be satisfied.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I like Sora's, Riku's, Roxas',Tifa voices.
I think Namine and Aeris can do better
I didn't see Kairi's.

I don't like how they pronounce Roxas....they say Rock-sas. But in the Japanese version it's Roek-sas. And I got used to that pronounciation....meh.....I hope the finalized game thing is better than what I've seen.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I think we can all say that Sora's voice sucks so far. Why couldn't they just use Haley's regular voice? Sora would've sounded perfect if Haley spoke like himself.

And something tells me that Sephiroth isn't going to sound right either.

Awards
Honestly, I don't really care about the NA or Japanese VA's. I actually like the Japanese a little more than the VA though (no matter how "girly" they sound, T.S.K. ...) . What really pisses me off is how they PRONOUNCE the NAMES in the NA version, especially Namine's name. But w/e, that's my opinion.

Also, I don't really like how Haley sounds when he gets all enthusiastic about meeting Santa Claus in the NMBC world, kinda fweaky... then again, I still actually leave cookies for santa... *sigh*

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^Yeah, I didn't really like how he delivered it either. I think he could've said it in his normal voice. But you know what's funny, for some odd reason that line about Santa Claus is becoming Sora's most popular line. It's cheesy, but surprisingly a lot people are liking that Santa Claus line.

wingedKnightTx

I like Aerith's voice for one reason, I hate it! Yes, I was one of those few people who laughed when Seph put his sword through her. Her NA VA has the voice I would imagne her to have, the voice of a worthless sap who deserves(deserrved) to die a hillarious death. Tifa could have a little more *umph* behind her voice, but I like it, and I hate Jessy McCarthny, but that's my personal opinion...

Oh, yeah. Mandy Moore was a good VA. She actually made me like Aerith for once, too bad she didn't have that many lines in KH1

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
I like all da VA for KH2............I think they all sound good, nothin corny about it at all.........................

Neo Nobody

Keyblade Knight
I think the hjo did a great job watch the interview over again and listen to how he talks normal then think about how he talks as sora he tryed his best to do better it is not his fault that he grew up and think about how many people would be pissed if se got another actor to play the part of sora i think tifa is fine because she never had a voice before arieth now i think is better in this game than in the first becaus mandy moore sound like she was afraid to talk i you played FF7 and read her lines when she spoke she was very sneaky alot like a normal person but mandy moore sounds to shyas for every on else they did ok so far but i hope billy zane comes back as some one because it would not be the same as for jack sparrow he sounds like the prince or persa and i guess i could get used to if the va wanted to be more successful he should sound like keith richards because that was who jd based jack sparrow from but it could be worse you can't jude the voice acting because the were just giving examples of what their charaters will sound like it was not when they were really recording the voice overs so stay open to anything.

Last edited:

Ansem/Sephy

^two words . . . punctuation . . .

I don't like how they pronounce Roxas....they say Rock-sas. But in the Japanese version it's Roek-sas. And I got used to that pronounciation....meh.....I hope the finalized game thing is better than what I've seen.

I LOVE the Japanese pronounciations!! I refuse to use the N/A prons. Oh, and to whoever said they hated the N/A pronc. of Namine, it is said just like in Japan.

Here are some Japanese pronounciations:

Roxas-- ROOK-sas

Xaldin-- Zal-DEEN

Xemnas-- ZIM-nes

Xehanort(i may be a little off on this one)-- Zay-an-ORT

Luxord--LOOK-sord

Saix--Sikes

Namine`-- nom-i-nay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back