• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English VA's...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

★SoRa★

for those of you who've played/seen japanese clips of KH2 and have seen the new VA interviews...

who agrees with me when i say

the eng VActing sounds realli corny and lame compared to the japanese?

your thoughts ^-^

revengematron3

Lazy Moron
Sort of. They're good. But to really like them as much as the Jap. Va's... I guess it's an aquired taste. Especially for those who have gotten really used to the Jap. Voices.

OmegaChosen

Calm and Collected Veteran
Awards
XIII Heartless said:
ur the only one who thinks so. we've already decided jesse did a really good job on roxas and that sora sounds better mature.
true, true.....
I personally find no difference with old sora and new sora
aerith was kind of bad though.....

The M.C.

JTTW
probably would sound different if you played the game in japanese and heard all the voices for a while.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you dont know Japanese, or how Japanese people talk, you couldnt really reason that "The english sounds corny but the japanese doesnt."

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Most of the cast sound fine. It's Sora's voice that's the problem. The Japanese Sora sounded awesome and fit the new Sora perfectly. Haley's portrayal of Sora on the other hand just doesn't seem to match the new image. I think if Haley talked like his regular self it would've been fine, but due to the fact he's TRYING too hard to sound like a youngster, it just doesn't sound right. If people start bashing Sora because of his voice, I'm just going let them because his voice really doesn't fit at all.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
How can they sound corny? Since you have the Jap version, you would know how the Jap voices sound like. But did you understand a WORD they said? More than likely you didn't. The Japanese dialouge could have been EXTREMELY corny, and you would have never known it. If you understand Japanese, you can judge it. But, If you don't, you can't possibly call the NA Voices corny, when you are comparing it to something you can't fathom. It is either that, or you are to absorbed into hearing the Japanese version, and think the English version is odd(Kinda like the "Passion/Sanctuary" thing) We couldn't understand a word of Passion and liked it more than Sanctuary, even though we COULD understand it. So I am betting the Japanese voices are the 'orginals' to you. Not so much that you thought they were corny. They just grew on you.

ShadoWanderer

i understand japanese
i don't have the japanese one, but i watched some of the cutscenes from it, and the lines aren't that corny. there are some lines in it that sort of are, but most of them are really not that corny.

D

Deleted member 5341

I THINK THEY ROCK!!! ^_^
Yeah i understand Japanese, but i overall like the NA version better...

E

Eclipse

look dude the japanese VA's were corny and horrible

sora did NOT sound 15 he sounded like a 5 year old in puberty..it was horrible. in fact roxas too. All of the japanese VA's sounded like little girls..the only one that sounded like a man was DiZ.

at least in kh2 they have the same VA from kh1...and he sounds mature this time, and roxas--rocks ass!!! hayden did well and so did david gallagher so i can't agree with you the japanese ones are the ones that suck.

what the hell is donald saying? does anybody know? i don't even think the japanese understand what he says

and what's IMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back