• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English cast for The World Ends With You - The Animation revealed, to start streaming Friday

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sign I guess we've really got to pray for a TWEWY 3, then, and that Neku's involved in it somehow, even if it's just a small way. I'd be okay with him and Shiki being shop owners together or something.

Or if we got more TWEWY cameos in Kingdom Hearts. We're still waiting on that "See you in Shibuya" thing. And that could be a way to get more people into TWEWY right now, perhaps. -fingers crossed-

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
@Sign I guess we've really got to pray for a TWEWY 3, then, and that Neku's involved in it somehow, even if it's just a small way. I'd be okay with him and Shiki being shop owners together or something.

Or if we got more TWEWY cameos in Kingdom Hearts. We're still waiting on that "See you in Shibuya" thing. And that could be a way to get more people into TWEWY right now, perhaps. -fingers crossed-
Unfortunately Kando has said that the story, including that of the characters from the original TWEWY, is done. Not only that, but in the event we are fortunate enough to get a third game, Nomura wants to set it in a different location.

PikaPal

Awards
Super late as I always am but it kinda stinks that FUNi pulled a Danganronpa on this one and got only Andrew Kishino back. Even more so since I think Jesse David Corti even said he was willing to reprise if called up.

Still I can't go moping about the cast entirely since there are some talented folks invovled and Ben Balmaceda is a decent enough casting choice for Neku.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sign Yeah, I remembered Nomura saying that he'd want the game to take place in another city. And I honestly think that would be for the best, too. I guess I was just hoping that maybe we could still get a Neku and Shiki cameo, since Shiki's work might take her everywhere. Or that maybe the threat would be so huge, that maybe they need to bring everyone back in a surprise cameo in the end. But I know that's wishful thinking. Oh well.

If anything, we might get cameos from the Wicked Twisters in a TWEWY3, and I'm more than fine with that:)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Just watching episode 4 of the dub and I now know who our Joshua is. It’s Clifford Chapin, best known for roles such as Katsuki Bakugo in My Hero Academia, Cabba in DragonBall Super, Connie Springer in Attack on Titan and Kaworu Nagisa in the Amazon dub of the Evangelion Rebuild movies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just watching episode 4 of the dub and I now know who our Joshua is. It’s Clifford Chapin, best known for roles such as Katsuki Bakugo in My Hero Academia, Cabba in DragonBall Super, Connie Springer in Attack on Titan and Kaworu Nagisa in the Amazon dub of the Evangelion Rebuild movies.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha they got a Kaworu VA to voice Joshua I’m still not over this hahahahahahahahaha

2 quid is good

Awards
God I can't say he sounds bad but it just does NOT fit Joshua at all... So far from Aaron Spanns portrayal

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I don’t dig it. They went with a voice that was closer to the original Japanese voice which is fine but this whole show rubs me wrong. The dubbing is good and the cast is giving it their all and I admire that, but it just does not sound the same at all so I’m not really interested in it.

I really wish Funimation wasn’t so weird about using union-only actors. Like, how is a company owned by Sony so damn stingy about that? Makes no sense.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
the dub is only on episode 5, so if you’re waiting on the dub, you’ll be waiting a few more weeks
Did they confirm that the English dub is coming to HULU? I only see the subbed version on there. Is there a release date for the English dub on HULU?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Did they confirm that the English dub is coming to HULU? I only see the subbed version on there. Is there a release date for the English dub on HULU?
It will only go up once they finish dubbing the whole show. It’s just a thing Funimation does for their dubbed series vs their subbed shows where they go up same day.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Got a question for y’all — haven’t had a chance to play NEO yet but hoping to start it up this week. Thing is, I never played Another Day or a New Day. Are they covered in the anime? / are they important to NEO’s story at all? If the answers to both those questions are yes I may wait till the anime is fully dubbed before starting NEO

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Got a question for y’all — haven’t had a chance to play NEO yet but hoping to start it up this week. Thing is, I never played Another Day or a New Day. Are they covered in the anime? / are they important to NEO’s story at all? If the answers to both those questions are yes I may wait till the anime is fully dubbed before starting NEO
Another Day isn’t really necessary beyond helping you maybe understand a bit of NTWEWY’s Another Day (like minor background info for one small plot point), but A New Day absolutely is necessary.

These days are not covered in the anime so you will have to go watch it on YT.

Back