• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English BbS Trailer + Game Play Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I actually found that line to be somewhat different than what terra normally sounded like from the gameplay, Olympus Coliseum short scenes, and trailer. That, and his "WANT SOME?" line just sounded off key with me.

I disagree on the "What is it I failed to learn?" line, I thought that was great. But I do agree with the "WANT SOME?" line sounding off.

Hopefully we'll get an English version of the 2010 Jump Fiesta trailer and we can get a better idea on the voices. Especially Vanitas' laugh.

Omegataco

Awards
seriously!? I know that everyone is saying that they hate aqua's VA, but thats just a few scenes where she's bad, its not like thats going to ruin everything abou kh bbs, we just need some getting used to.

And you know what else? The only scene where she doesnt sound to good is at the very beginning of the game. Heck, I bet it is the first scene with dialogue from her also.

Key

Exile
Awards
And you know what else? The only scene where she doesnt sound to good is at the very beginning of the game. Heck, I bet it is the first scene with dialogue from her also.

that IS the first time she speaks in the game. if they recorded the voices in chronological order, then it'd make sense for her to be more "meh" at the beginning than farther in.

besides, she doesn't sound bad, not at all. just a teensy bit monotone. :p

One thing is gonna nag me for a while though. Fever Pitch =/= Speed Rave T^T

bryanbryan

Well... Neither Aqua's nor Master Xehanort's voice match their persona.
Thinking outloud.
The game looks dope though.
:D
If only it came out sooner,
instead of practically Autumn.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
You know I kinda like the name Fire Blazer more instead of Fire Storm, though I found out they possibly wanna make the name another reference to FF, which is FFX, where Fire Storm is one of Rikku's Mix Overdrive, just like Diamond Dust.

I understand about the Fever Pitch part but I still not getting use to the new name Sky Climber, originally Air Rider.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
to me, FireStorm is better because it fits the other two styles with no 'er' at the end. and also with SpeedRave. FeverPitch really does sound like a status ailment lol. but i agree with you on the latter. heck SkyClimber? wth is that.

Chris211

You know I kinda like the name Fire Blazer more instead of Fire Storm, though I found out they possibly wanna make the name another reference to FF, which is FFX, where Fire Storm is one of Rikku's Mix Overdrive, just like Diamond Dust.

I understand about the Fever Pitch part but I still not getting use to the new name Sky Climber, originally Air Rider.
They really changed Air Rider to Sky Climber? Man..I wish you could select which versions of the style(japanese or english) that you want to see while you play..

Jakek9

lol, people bitching about the moves being changed. Truthfully, that doesn't bother me at all. after all, it's still the same move right? So who gives a damn? lol,

I cannot wait for this game! Aqua sounds allright, I actually like Master Xehanorts now. Truthfully, I want to hear Braig's voice and Lea's and Isa's!

Chris211

lol, people bitching about the moves being changed. Truthfully, that doesn't bother me at all. after all, it's still the same move right? So who gives a damn? lol,

I cannot wait for this game! Aqua sounds allright, I actually like Master Xehanorts now. Truthfully, I want to hear Braig's voice and Lea's and Isa's!
Because the style names are part of the game we have the right to critique it as gamers. We're not bitching we're stating our opinion on the names..If you wanna be so anal about it, your bitching about not being able to here Braigs, Leas and Isas voice in your last statement but I digress. Anyone its besides the point their the same, its the fact that it was change when one can still get the same meaning from the older style name.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I don't really care about the names to be honest. That isn't what i'm going ot be looking at when i'm in a style change, I'd rather be looking at any unversed or w/e else i'm fighting. My point is, whatever they call the new styles doesn't really matter that much :/

manmark

Awards
Because the style names are part of the game we have the right to critique it as gamers. We're not bitching we're stating our opinion on the names..If you wanna be so anal about it, your bitching about not being able to here Braigs, Leas and Isas voice in your last statement but I digress. Anyone its besides the point their the same, its the fact that it was change when one can still get the same meaning from the older style name.
now come on.i actually prefer the new names

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Anyone its besides the point their the same, its the fact that it was change when one can still get the same meaning from the older style name.

I don't think the name changes have anything to do with the meaning, or even to do with grammatical correctness.

What it seems to me is that the translators decided that, to match the "exotic" feel of using English words for the Japanese version, they'd make the fairly-generic English names purpler (which is something they've been doing since FFVI, when they changed Tina's name to Terra).

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Some people just need to complain about something.

Just this time, all the complaints are rather trivial about name changes. So no one wants to complain about the inconsistent difficulty? Because surely it needs to be tinkered. I'm all for challenge, but it's a cheap challenge if the next boss decides to be cheap and kill you JUST AS THE BATTLE STARTS.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You don't know what bitching means if you call him being excited and wanting to hear more characters' voices "bitching" :\

Back to whatever we were talking about, no I don't care about the name changes. I'm just interested in seeing what they change them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back