• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English BbS Trailer + Game Play Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
i really dont like aquas voice. it sounds too boring and unintrested. especially in the beggining.
terras was all right but it should be deeper.
i think jesse mccartney did way better on ven in this game. "excuse me mam, you dropped this" i dont know why but i love this line.
vanitas was great and i saw no flaw at all.
I HATE MX!!!! he sounds like a freaking smoker.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I agree i think Mater Eraqus had the best voice. I think it wasnt the final copy though, you couldnt hear any sound effects during the cut scenes, like when they summoned their keyblade you didnt hear the ding kind of sound. I just hope Aqua doesnt sound like that for the whole game....Vanitas sounds good, Terra sounds good and Ven sounds great. Still mad that MX sounds like Yoda, they should of got someone with less gruff in their voice.
MX's voice fits his old man demenor.

Millenious

anyone else notice that its only voiced, and aside from gameplay there is no sound effects?

edit: Ok ya someone said that, but still whats up with that?

everydaygamer

its hard to tell how the VA's are based on this one trailer. hopefully the gamescon trailer will be better.

X

Xepher88

While the voices for Terra, Xehanort, and Aqua aren't terrible, I know that there are people whose voices are better suited for the characters. From what I saw in the Japanese version of BBS, the cutscenes have many emotional moments, and thus require voice actors to convey those emotions through their voices. That is the not the impression I got from the E3 trailer, at least not from those three characters. The Japanese voice actors did a terrific job. When I saw the trailers for the Japanese version, the voices fit the characters perfectly, although I do hold my doubts about Mickey. But I will wait until the game comes out, and hopefully I'll be proven wrong once I see additional cutscenes.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Terra: I'm proud of for SE actually not going by based on appearance, but what his actual age is of (18-24 I believe?), that and I was actually/possibly one of the few dissapointed by his original voice for being so deep.

Yeah, picking a voice actor to fit the character's age is underrated (and that goes for Aqua, too - I'm rather pleased that they picked a 19 year old voice actress for her). Though I've never really understood how people see Terra as older than that, anyway. He's huge, but he's got a young face, his size makes sense considering his training, and he tends to come off as pretty awkward in his own body due to his posture.

Her "He's not as weak as you think" was actually quite good; there was a subtle anger underneath it that I really liked.

Yeah, there was a lot to that one line that gives me hope that Holland can do Aqua's dramatic lines justice. I actually heard several different emotions going on at the same time, without anything seeming overstated.

And I suspect that's what Squenix's intention is in choosing someone with little voice acting experience to play a lead role - American voice work tends towards exaggeration, so they bring in live action actors who aren't conditioned to avoid subtlety. It just seems to take a bit of time for the actors to adapt. =/

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Re: E3 English BbS Trailer

I liked them all but Aqua's. She just sounds... off.
Eraqus and MX sounded Badass
Terra was.. okay.
Ven sounded like an older Roxas. We all knew that from the beginning. It fits.
Vanitas sounded off a little. I was hoping for Haley Joel Osment to try an evil voice. Now when he's unmasked, the face and voice will just not match
The Evil Queen in Dwarf Woodland sounded like Maleficent. Are they the same VA?
How would it not match? Vanitas sound much more sinister than Sora and that the point.

Awards
I dont understand why people continue to complain and argue about their voices. It's not like your opinions matter. Sorry to be so harsh, but it's true. Yeah, maybe SE made some mistakes with the voices, but complaing and arguing aren't gonna make them change anything. You should just be praising the fact that you're now seeing footage from the english version that you've waited so long for. If you don't like something about it, that's totally okay, but don't make it into such a huge deal, because nothing is gonna be done about it. So, go ahead and flame me all you want, but I know I'm right about this.

αsiя

space coke
I dont understand why people continue to complain and argue about their voices. It's not like your opinions matter. Sorry to be so harsh, but it's true. Yeah, maybe SE made some mistakes with the voices, but complaing and arguing aren't gonna make them change anything. You should just be praising the fact that you're now seeing footage from the english version that you've waited so long for. If you don't like something about it, that's totally okay, but don't make it into such a huge deal, because nothing is gonna be done about it. So, go ahead and flame me all you want, but I know I'm right about this.
Then why are you talking?

Awards
αsiя;5106088 said:
Then I can voice my opinion :O No matter if they can't hear us.

I didnt say u coudnt voice ur opinion. Ur not one who is making it seem like a huge deal. Its just that I see people like SERIOUSLY complaning like its the worst thing in the world, and some people are arguing over if a voice is good or not.

I guess I worded it wrong. I didnt mean not to voice ur opinion, i meant that people shouldnt be so dramatic and completely serious about it like its gonna ruin the whole game.

αsiя

space coke
I didnt say u coudnt voice ur opinion. Ur not one who is making it seem like a huge deal. Its just that I see people like SERIOUSLY complaning like its the worst thing in the world, and some people are arguing over if a voice is good or not.

That's because they can and want to.

Hmm if my memory serves me right, people have never said that the VA's voices will ruin the game for them, I remember people saying the VA's suck but that doesn't compare to the story and gameplay which nobody has been connecting to from the discussion of VA's.

Omegataco

Awards
αsiя;5106097 said:

Hmm if my memory serves me right, people have never said that the VA's voices will ruin the game for them, I remember people saying the VA's suck but that doesn't compare to the story and gameplay which nobody has been connecting to from the discussion of VA's.

Saw someone on Gametrailers forums who said the VA for aqua was so bad to them that they were just going to use the English patch for the JP version instead. Thats how big a deal people are making it. Its not horrible, it sounds pretty good in some scenes.

Seriously though, people need to calm down and realize that it is only one persons voice, and you have only heard tiny bits of it. Just get over it. If people keep crying about something so trivial as this, then they're are only going to end up ruining the game that they have been waiting on for so long for themselves, like the douchebag from the GT forums mentioned above.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
αsiя;5106097 said:

Someone on another thread threw a total bitchfit about the whole cast and said they would just get the Japanese patch to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back