• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English BbS Trailer + Game Play Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pestilence

Awards
Re: E3 English BbS Trailer

Connections and bonds are important themes of the game, and I really don't like it how (at least in the trailer) the word "tsunagaru" (which means connected//bonded/bound together sort of thing) has been translated to simply connection :/ I really thing bonded/entwined or something would have fit it better...
I know what you mean but I really dont see that big gap between the meaning of those words. Cant say much before playing the game but i'm confident they will do just fine job translating. Also I think a big part of the reason why the trailer was so bland is because trailer lacked sound effect and was 1:1 ripoff from previous japanese trailer without any though that english voices would sound any good cut like that. I think the new gameplay videos show that the voice work is at least decent and I really love Vens voice work. Jesse has gotten better since KH2 and even then he was ok. MX sounded just PERFECT for me. I guess thats because I havent grown on the japanese voice work.

OT: Your the GolliM from FFFin forums?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Voices are mixed for me. Some lines had good delivery (the scene with Terra and Master Xehanort, both were okay, most of the scenes with Ven, Aqua talking about Terra not being weak, Master Eraqus sounds good (fck yeah Mark Hamill), etc), some lines were horribad (Terra trying to cheer up Cinderella, Aqua talking about the paopu fruit).

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I know man she had no emotion, a plain ass voice....firetrucking retarded

Okay the only line that sounded bad was the first 30 seconds but in other cutscenes and gameplay, she sounded good.
See you're acting like she's being Minu Suvari. Trust me, even the first 30 seconds aren't anywhere near as bad as Minu Suvari.

See the big problem here is that the sound effects were missing from the trailer. And when sound effects aren't there, they really effect how we hear voices. Ever try listening to battle grunts without battle music or battle sounds? They sound like a retard when they do those. But with the battle music and sound effects, it sounds natural.

And I actually thought the delivery with Terra talking with MX was delivered well actually.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Aqua's was OK but Willa has a lot to work on if she ever plans on voicing Aqua again. And I still don't like MX's english voice but eh.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: e3 english trailer

XD how can i think of MX as a badass with that voice?
T^T what have they done to aqua........

s1elleface stitch.

o.0 WTF? a hooded guy?!

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

I hope Haley will sound better in KH3.

Sora: And then, we can go see SANTA!!!

Chris211

I agree, Aqua sounded horrible in the beginning part, Ven sounded alright, Terra was ok at some parts. ME sounded bad-ass I probably like his voice the most out of anyone else heard in the trailer, and MX still sounds too much like Yoda ;/

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

Ahahaha fuck you Square-Enix of America, I'm getting the Japanese version.

Way to royally crap up two of the main characters.
The voices absolutely do not match the facial expressions with Aqua and Terra. Emotionless is probably the wrong term, they just completely missed it.

What a disappointment. :l

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Well, if this version of BBS gets cracked and with CFW, there could be an undub patch that makes it english menus and dialogue with JP voices, like Dissidia

So you could buy the game to support SE, wait around and see if they make an undub patch, and play that instead

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

The big problem I have with the trailer is that it was poorly edited. No background/soundeffects whatsoever. =/ To me, it's like the editing team TRIED to f*ck up the trailer. The soundeffects were in the TGS2009 trailer, so why not here, since it's all the same cutscenes? D:

And I like Willa Holland's performance as Aqua. Listen to this gameplay/cutscene video that also came out yesterday. She sounds great here. Not as great as Vanitas or Hamill!Eraqus, but I'm satisfied with her performance shown so far.

Chris211

Well, if this version of BBS gets cracked and with CFW, there could be an undub patch that makes it english menus and dialogue with JP voices, like Dissidia

So you could buy the game to support SE, wait around and see if they make an undub patch, and play that instead

Now that'd be a BBS worth playing.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

C'mon guys. Aqua's VA wasn't that bad. I do think that particular scene at the beginning could have been played better, but other then that, Willa Holland did a fair job with Aqua. She might not be the best, but she isn't horrible. Just compare her to Arieth in KH2, then come complain about Aqua's VA if that didn't change your mind. Also, about Aqua fighting the Xemnas-like boss, that could mean one of two things:
  1. Nomura is using this Xemnas-like boss as symbolism for something that might explain Nomura's comment on Xemnas in the Ultimania (not telling you what it was to avoid spoilers).
  2. The secret boss might be the "core protagonist" Nomura was talking about.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

C'mon guys. Aqua's VA wasn't that bad. I do think that particular scene at the beginning could have been played better, but other then that, Willa Holland did a fair job with Aqua. She might not be the best, but she isn't horrible. Just compare her to Arieth in KH2, then come complain about Aqua's VA if that didn't change your mind. Also, about Aqua fighting the Xemnas-like boss, that could mean one of two things:
  1. Nomura is using this Xemnas-like boss as symbolism for something that might explain Nomura's comment on Xemnas in the Ultimania (not telling you what it was to avoid spoilers).
  2. The secret boss might be the "core protagonist" Nomura was talking about.

It's not that their VA's are terrifically bad.

It's that the voice work they've presented here is far below Square-Enix's standards and expectations set up by previous titles.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I agree, Aqua sounded horrible in the beginning part, Ven sounded alright, Terra was ok at some parts. ME sounded bad-ass I probably like his voice the most out of anyone else heard in the trailer, and MX still sounds too much like Yoda ;/

I swear, I still don't hear Yoda. I hear Leonard freakin' Nimoy but I don't hear Yoda at all.

Horizon's Knight said:
C'mon guys. Aqua's VA wasn't that bad. I do think that particular scene at the beginning could have been played better, but other then that, Willa Holland did a fair job with Aqua. She might not be the best, but she isn't horrible. Just compare her to Arieth in KH2, then come complain about Aqua's VA if that didn't change your mind.

THIS by the power of 9000!

Really, people are only disappointed because the VAs don't sound like the Japanese version. But then again, they never have from the start of this franchise! And again, what's happening here with Willa Holland is the same thing that happened to Jesse McCartney. After a month or two of the game's release everyone will love her as Aqua, same thing for the rest of the cast.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Yoda didn't come to mind either, Nimoy's voice is too deep

Chris211

I swear, I still don't hear Yoda. I hear Leonard freakin' Nimoy but I don't hear Yoda at all.

THIS by the power of 9000!

Really, people are only disappointed because the VAs don't sound like the Japanese version. But then again, they never have from the start of this franchise! And again, what's happening here with Willa Holland is the same thing that happened to Jesse McCartney. After a month or two of the game's release everyone will love her as Aqua, same thing for the rest of the cast.

It might just be me since it stands out for me, I'm not used to hearing his voice and Yoda is what sticks out the most. Yeah I see what you mean about the Jesse McCartney thing, pretty sure people bitched about him playing Roxas in KH2, but we got used to it after awhile and he sounds pretty good as Ven

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

It seems like every woman in anime and japanese video games need to sound like 9 year olds or else theyr ''manly'' ;).

I think Aqua will sound lot better with proper music, sound effects and no trailer cutting in her scenes. For example the ''look out'' scene sound redicilous without the sound effects of keyblade and unversed deaths.

Aqua looks really feminine. Many of her lines are shared with Kairi, in order to draw parallels. I'm not saying she should sound the same as Kairi, but she shouldn't be that deep. It throws me off seeing that voice come out of that body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back