• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ending game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Ending game (Axel)

I adore Lea and I was quiet happy to see him make a return.
Makes me even happier that he gets a keyblade, and a part of me is guessing that maybe in KH3 he's going to try to unlock Isa's heart or free it from Xehanort's hold.

I'm sure we'll see more about Lea and Isa's past in KH3, some flashbacks about what really happened between the two.
Still curious what they were doing when Isa asked, "are you ready?" in BbS...

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

I consider Axel/Lea the most interesting character in the series, but I wasn't super happy to see him back. His sacrifice, while not done very well in KH2 imo, was still really touching, and I didn't want it marred by him returning. But oh well, we all knew he would be back, and he is a total show stealer in terms of awesome dialogue so I'll enjoy it.

But him getting a Keyblade felt like complete fanservice. Yes, there needs to be 7 lights, but there are a lot better candidates than him. I liked that he was one of the only characters left that didn't need a Keyblade to kick butt and protect his friends.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

I consider Axel/Lea the most interesting character in the series, but I wasn't super happy to see him back. His sacrifice, while not done very well in KH2 imo, was still really touching, and I didn't want it marred by him returning. But oh well, we all knew he would be back, and he is a total show stealer in terms of awesome dialogue so I'll enjoy it.

But him getting a Keyblade felt like complete fanservice. Yes, there needs to be 7 lights, but there are a lot better candidates than him. I liked that he was one of the only characters left that didn't need a Keyblade to kick butt and protect his friends.

Sorry for the late post.

I do agree with you on the keyblade fanservice thing.... I felt some others could have been but not him, but really most of the other choice would have been also fanservice too if you think about it.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

What better candidates?

Stars

リク
It is pretty interesting to see Axel wield a keyblade at the end of game and it seem like he got an important role in saving his friends in the future...

Decrith

To be honest, I do believe that Lea/Axel is the best candidate to get the keyblade. I mean who else is there? Goofy? Donald? If one or both of them get a Keyblade, people would start comparing them to Mickey, and I'm pretty sure that I can't take them seriously with it (I just can't imagine them holding one).

As for Lea, come on, he wants to bring Roxas back, he wants to bring Isa back, and to an extent even Xion (probably subconsciously).

Crystal

Silver Member

It's not really that complicated for Pete's sake. Either Mickey or Yen Sid performed the ceremony with Lea and that's how he gets the ability to wield.
Lea's heart is strong enough, but his own Keyblade simply didn't choose him until the end of DDD.

You mean Yen Sid or Mickey perform the ceremony with Lea,so he get the ability to wield the keyblade ?
If he does, why did Yen Sid looks shocked when Lea summon the keyblade?

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

You mean Yen Sid or Mickey perform the ceremony with Lea,so he get the ability to wield the keyblade ?
If he does, why did Yen Sid looks shocked when Lea summon the keyblade?

Because Yen Sid probably didn't believe Lea's heart and will would be strong enough to become a wielder. Doing a Rite of Succession doesn't guarantee a Keyblade, it just creates the possibility of wielding one. There are other necessary factors, such as a very strong heart and the approval of the Keyblade itself. I don't think Yen Sid believed Lea had the required attributes and was thus shocked to be proven wrong.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I loved Lea in KH3D but I'm actually not a big fan of him having a keyblade.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yen Sid looked shocked because he didn't expect a Keyblade finally choosing Lea that fast. He explained to Mickey in one of the scenes that continued training in the "time chamber" will eventually enable Lea to at least wield a keyblade, but he was not expecting it to happen this fast.

There stands the rumor in the room though that Lea might have been slighty "qualified" even before as in the Ultimania it is speculated that Lea gaining a Keyblade might have something to do with Roxas.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yen Sid looked shocked because he didn't expect a Keyblade finally choosing Lea that fast. He explained to Mickey in one of the scenes that continued training in the "time chamber" will eventually enable Lea to at least wield a keyblade, but he was not expecting it to happen this fast.

There stands the rumor in the room though that Lea might have been slighty "qualified" even before as in the Ultimania it is speculated that Lea gaining a Keyblade might have something to do with Roxas.

The KH3D Ultimania? I didn't read that because I was avoiding spoilers, but I'd interpret that to mean Roxas was the reason Lea's heart was strong enough to summon a keyblade not that Roxas gave Lea the ability to wield one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The KH3D Ultimania? I didn't read that because I was avoiding spoilers, but I'd interpret that to mean Roxas was the reason Lea's heart was strong enough to summon a keyblade not that Roxas gave Lea the ability to wield one.

I have posted the bit in post #16 in this thread. It is formulated as a question.
Lea got the ability from either Yen Sid or Mickey, that's clear. Roxas isn't at Master Level and I also can't remember Axel ever touching Roxas' Keyblade at the same time as he did (requirement for the ceremony), so that can be ruled out.

Nomura however also spoke about that Lea wants to regain a lot and wants to bring back several people (Isa and Roxas most likely at the forefront, Xion more subconsciously cuz he doesn't remember her).
For that reason, Nomura thought that Lea would need some kind of additional power. That was revealed in the Famitsu interview about the Ultimania.

Nomura on Lea's Keyblade in Famitsu May 2012 said:
— Lea (Axel) ended up playing an unexpected role. I was wondering what was running through your mind when you thought to make him a Keyblade wielder.
Nomura: I figured since he had returned to being human, he wouldn’t have much luck bringing back the people he wanted without some sort of power. Throwing his chakrams doesn’t really count. (Laughs.)

Make of that what you want, lol, it's a typical Nomura.
I'm also certainly wondering why Lea would have to play such an important role if it is Sora who has has to do the saving and bringing back the lost ones, also in the light that Ansem the Wise implied that Sora is the only one who can grant Roxas an own existence.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I think he's just fanservice. But he saved Sora, so I like him for that.

I'm pretty sure he evolved from fanservice a whil ago since kh2 he now a support protaganist for the rest of kh's life

Decrith

I quite enjoy how Lea is evolving, at first I thought he was just going to be that guy that will turn Sora into a heartless just to get Roxas back. But after playing all the game, its evident that he's more than a supporting character, he has an actual and relevant goal within the series, and it would be a shame if they had let him die on KH2.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I have posted the bit in post #16 in this thread. It is formulated as a question.
Lea got the ability from either Yen Sid or Mickey, that's clear. Roxas isn't at Master Level and I also can't remember Axel ever touching Roxas' Keyblade at the same time as he did (requirement for the ceremony), so that can be ruled out.
Yeah, to me it looks like how I initially interpreted it. Lea sought the keyblade solely to fight for his friends.

Nomura however also spoke about that Lea wants to regain a lot and wants to bring back several people (Isa and Roxas most likely at the forefront, Xion more subconsciously cuz he doesn't remember her).
For that reason, Nomura thought that Lea would need some kind of additional power. That was revealed in the Famitsu interview about the Ultimania.
I hope there's more Saix/Lea interaction in the next title. Their dynamic is interesting.

Make of that what you want, lol, it's a typical Nomura.
I'm also certainly wondering why Lea would have to play such an important role if it is Sora who has has to do the saving and bringing back the lost ones, also in the light that Ansem the Wise implied that Sora is the only one who can grant Roxas an own existence.
Lea probably got an important role just by being a fan favorite.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
we're all forgetting that a keyblade can choose it's own wielder. Sora clearly got his after Riku sank into darkness and you can even say he was destined for it since the Dive, so Axel getting chosen by one without a master is not all that far-fetched.

Now the real question is "will he ever be able to perform an awesome supecombo with both his keyblade and his chakrams?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back