• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Encoded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Forescript:-: Well, this will be my first attempt at making a half decent fic here, so savor the moment. :p Soon as my other plans are out of the way, this fic will be adapted into an rp, seeing as it was originally made for that purpose, but I decided to try my hand at writing a story out of it. As most of you probably DON'T know, I won't toot any horns but I am an accomplished writer, having 6 of my poem works, and one of my stories published. The poems were in anthologies, and the book is called "The Longest Mile You've Ever Ran." **yes, the spelling error was made on purpose, symbolistc in the book** More to the point, here's the fic. Not much of a fan-based thing, but I've been reassured the name "fan fiction" for the forum was just a clarity and relevance term.

ENCODED

Chapter 1 ~ http://forums.khinsider.com/showpost.php?p=1329238&postcount=3
Chapter 2 ~ http://forums.khinsider.com/showpost.php?p=1441355&postcount=6
Chapter 3 ~ http://forums.khinsider.com/showpost.php?p=1667803&postcount=12

Last edited:

Alaude Drenxta

The sun was dying, slowly drifting beyond the horizon as dusk stretched its blackened claws of night over the endless land stretching before it. It would be no exaggeration to say this place had become a wasteland. Tattered and crumbled remains of once proud and mighty buildings, rising only feet from the ground, their dusted remains sweeping away with the wind. Fire and brim stone, the fate of humanity they say. Well, another fate had befallen them, one that was right before their eyes, yet they were unable to see. What little greenery that had held the earth in a single piece had been diminished to scorched and ravage brush.

It was a rare occasion to see life here on the surface. The earth's soil had become dry and cracked, even the rains wished not to touch this accursed place. Rocks had barred their way to the surface, jutting out around the building crumbles to show that something, anything at least, was still happening here. The wind whistled through the debris of a once proud city, reverberating like a whispering crescendo, announcing eternity's clutches had been tightened. Los Angelos...one of the mightiest metropolises the world had come to know, was reduced to nothing.

Today however, the rare occurrence of life had made its presence known. Something was stirring, some virile creature, approaching the tumult. A beating heart, blood rushing through its veins at the speed of a bullet train, pumping faster every second as the creature’s tension began to rise, and the adrenaline flooded its mind. Beneath the surface, the earth was shifting and shaking, something was moving rapidly through the crusted land, barreling its way toward the abandoned land above......

A small gopher's head popped up atop the landscape as it peered and peeked around, looking for a meal of some sort. Its tiny little forearms peaked over the hole's rim, and it was lifted up and out. The gopher scurried across the dried land till it reached some dried source of plant life, long dead, but still edible. Its eyes widened as it touched the plant, begging and pleading for its meat to quench his intense hunger. The heartbeat lifted again, a loud thumping echoing across the land as its arms slowly came closer towards the plant....

Thud. A large boot had come sailing down on top of the plant with a thud, crushing its deadened remains only moments before the creature could snatch it up. The gopher let out a hiss, the fur on its back rising as it reverted into attack position. Upon seeing the man as unyielding, its hostile stance changed once more and it scurried off, defeated and hungry.

The man approached one of the building's remains. The remnants of the building at its highest were about 4 feet, over in the far corner. He stepped overtop of the wall remains and onto the tattered rug. In that same far corner, a small threaded rug lay there. It seemed freshly woven, and made from the dead brush that littered the area. It stood out, but only to those whom were looking for it. The man crouched down by the rug, and peeked around in all directions. His eyes bulged a bit, staring hard as he could into the oncoming night. Seeing nothing but barren land, he reached into the corner, and pulled up the rug like a flap. Beneath it was a large, round, metal slate. It had a handle on the far side, and a hinge on the near. It was a hatch, resembling a submarine hatch, but planted into the ground. He reached out, grasping his hand around the handle latch, and heaved the hatch up.

Hopping around to the other side, he jumped foot first down into the hole. He shot down like a bullet from a barrel, but as he descended, he latched onto the ladder bars, and jerked to a sudden halt. His hair, which had been flailing about moments before, had matted down onto his head, as he slowly descended the endless ladder down into the very bowels of the earth.

Last edited:

Alaude Drenxta

The City That Was....

"Hey! Give it back, that's mine and you know it!!"

"Well, if you want it, you're going to have to climb for it, shrimp."

A rush of wind and air picking up and crashing into one another encompassed a small, plastic frisbee. As it ascended, the sound of plastic panging onto metal stopped it's movement, and the frisbee was caught ontop of a large steel girder. Far below, a young boy, looking perhaps seven in age, stared up angrily at his frisbee which was halfway poking out. The vibrant yellow of the frisbee stuck out like a sore thumb against the grey hue of the steel, and his eyes quickly descended. He was scanning, something. His eyes traced the lining of the massive structure, he was placing a route up the side of the dome.

The massive girders went up from the base of the area, up into a large dome shape, and the outside of the dome were plated with thick titanium steel plates. They were cased inside of a massive protective dome, for you see, this community, the size of a small metropolitean city, is underground. Miles below the Earth's surface, some hundreds of cities worldwide rest in peace from the desolate wasteland above, and this town; dubbed Los Angelos Scape; is one of them. The boy moved quickly, latching into the girders, and began to climb up towards the top.

His young dog, still but a pup, stared down from the ground in earnest, It's eyes were wide and scared, his tongue wagging out rapildy panting. It let out a loud yip, calling for his master to come back down, but the boy waved it off and continued to climb. His face was determined and earnest, the look of someone who'd not give up at any length. This boy had a history of being picked on, the bullies of the area liked to take advantage of his miniscule height, hardly 4 foot tall. His dog, now wimpering, walked over to the wall and sat down, pawing at it sadly as his master climbed higher and higher. His arms were growing weaker, and his body was becoming stiff. He felt his fingers go numb, and his heart rate was ready to burst in his chest.

*Don't look down....don't look down....please...*

Slowly, his eyes began to wander, his focus failing him, and his attention spasmed. He gazed down, and saw the ground some hundred feet below. His view started to blur, everything was getting dizzy. The pressure was pushing him to his limit, and he looked back. The yelow frisbee was blurred and spinning, and slowly but surely.....he felt his fingers.....start to slip..........

~~~

"Damnit, climbing these steps gets more and more annoying everytime. Why is it always ME that has to climb up and scan the surface? It's not like it hasn't been six months since they sent up squad 9, lucky bastards. "Local patrol SWAT" my ass, anybody could do that. My team dies everytime I go up there. Surrounding me with incompetence isn't going to help me get any work done. Next time, I'll just go alone...."

The man had finally reached a second hatch. However, this one opened downward. Using his foot, he pushed a small panel on the inside of the hatch, and it swung downward and open, revealing the town below. Ah, home, what a joy it was to be back where the air is fresh and clear, life is abound, and people are more....hospitable....except for today. Slowly, the man dropped the long ladder's secondary arm down into the city below, and continued to climb down. Just as he was exiting the hatch however, he saw it. The boy, one he'd seen in the city before. His body as shaking, and the man could scarcely hear a dog barking from down below. He was about a mile up, the boy was roughly half that. The man yelled loudly, hoping to get the boy's attention, but to his dismay, the boy gave no response but more shaking and dizziness. The pressure was getting to him, his body wouldn't hold much longer. He coudl hear the dog's wimperings far below, and his pulse began to throb madly in his body, his neck bulging.

That's when it happened. Like a gun, it all blasted out at once. The boy's left hand dropped, and his right soon followed. He tipped backwards, and plunged into the city from a height of almost 2500 feet. He smashed the air like a flyswatter against a table, and the man watching from above dived. He plunged down, a falling drop of water, and came flying down upon the boy. They were closing into the ground fast, there wasn't much time. Tucking his arms in closer to his sides, he came crashing down beside the boy, and all at once they both stopped. The man has grabbed onto a girder, his other hand clasped tightly around the child's arm. For a millisecond, everything was still. Then, there was a snap....

The boy's arm, from the shoulder down, had completely disconnected from his tiny body, and what remained of his now unconscious form smacked into the ground below, right beside the wimpering dog, from a height of about 500 feet.......

The man climbed down slowly, knowing he'd failed. As he touched the ground and looked over at the boy, he noticed the three other boys there staring at him with shock and disbeleif. That was when the man looked up, and saw the frisbee. His eyes welled up with fire and rage, an emblazened fury swelling inside him, he was ready to explode. Looking down once more, the three boys fled like banshees into the city before he could so much as utter a single word. He crouched down, and lifted the boy up into his arms. He'd need to find the child's family, tell them what happened.......and return their dog. He reached out with his hand and clutched onto the dog's tag. Reading it carefully, he nabbed an address.

"705 Wantin Way. So, your name is Macro eh? Well, call me Lance. So Macro, can you show me where home is?"

He stared down at the dog earnestly, and from beneath it's yelping whimper, the dog moaned, and slowly turned away, heading for home. Lance lifted the boy up into his arms, and followed slowly, still clutching onto the child's arm.

Last edited:

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
OOOO Nice teh arm getting disconnected poor kid he reminds of my own little bro *starts reminicing* maybe i should go back home.... Right back to commenting nice chappy BP....

Alaude Drenxta

Death and Regret

People often find that life, even among the young, is often short-lived, perhaps too much so sometimes. Death is a prospect that no man is truly brave enough to face down, then again once dead you've nothing to worry about, eh? The truth is, death does not only hold the living prisoner. Every falls and dies at some point in time, and all too often things just seem to fall apart. Everything from the smallest peasant, to the grandest kingdom can not avoid the clutches of time. People die, plants will, and empires fall; however it is the hope the future brings that drive people to live on, in spite of the impending doom we ALL know is coming. Life has a way of a showing the good in death, rewarding us for our eternal sacrifices. Every life is meaningful, and every death is a fresh beggining. Nthing truly dies, until it is forgotten.......

Lance shifted the boy in his arms, feeling his arms start to grow weak, the circulation cutting off at a rapid pace, he felt his arms falling asleep. However he could not stop and rest, for the dog was leading him through the thickened thoroughfare of downtown, travelling through the heart of the city. Lance dreaded the expression on this child's mother's face as he pushed open the door with her dead son in his arms.

A slow and cool breeze wafted through the city, the product of large artificial wind systems; fueled by the lava's movement and heat some hundreds of miles below. A fake sun pummeled him with vivid incandescent light, heatless; a half-assed simulation to tell the truth, but done in an effort for convenience. The buildings in this area of the city were massive and towering, an averaged 150 stories each. This was a hosuing district, and the homes were stacked atop one another to save space. It was by no means a rich neighbourhood, but it was far better than the slums.

The hustle and bustle of life goes on, all knowing that their artificial world is but a farce of what their ancestors had created in the world above. Cars buzzed about across the paved roads, fueled by a newly discovered energy source, the contents of which Lance did not know. However he DID know they called the substance "Exxol", a sort of pun on the name of an ancient fuel company, and a blend of the contents. Supposedly this substance extracted carbon dioxide and fused it with numerous other elements at just the right moment, to create an energy burst, directly injected into the engine. Environmentally sound and completely non-pollutant. It was in fact the very opposite.

A traffic light flashed red, causing all movement on the thoroughfare to halt, and Lance bolted over the crosswalk, coming to a slower walk just on the other side, merely moments before the light turned, and a rush of 60 mile an hour traffic was sent cascading down the highway. The joys of inner city life.....what a hell hole. He could smell the unappealling aroma of garbage, peering around the corner as he saw the dog barking and yapping at two trash men, who stood dumfounded yet defiant, searchng for the owner of the dog. Lance shook his head calmly and placed his hand over the boy's shoulder, to hide the break. Walking up calmly he nudged the dog's ribs with his foot and nodded his head down the road. Quickly the dog took the hint and continued walking.

"Heh, sorry about that, dumb dog.....the kid here fell asleep, and now the dog thinks he can get away with whatever he wants, heh....."Flashing an obviously fake smile, he turned and fell silent once more, tagging along for the ride.

How far did this kid live anyway? It seemed that he'd travelled the entire district looking for this child's home, hopefully the dog wasn't lost, that would definitely piss him off. However, as luck would have it, peering upwards maybe ten feet, the dog sat down at a building entryway, wagging his tail and hanging his head low. This was definitely it......

Looking up, Lance scaled the side of the building with his eyes, seeing it to be one of the tallest buildings in the city, touching the sky at it's very peak. It must be one of the new buildings, from the development rezoning project, the city was being expanded and living districts were growing immensely. Just another way the people were getting the short end of the stick, packed into the city like sardines. Space, was definitely limited. He pushed the button and a scanner appeared, asking for retinal scan verification. This was a new security system built into all living quarters, to verify inhabitants, or guests who have received clearance. Lance titled the boy slightly, and pulled open his eyelids. The child's eyes swivelled to the front his head, his pupils fading. The scanner emitted a laser grid light show, a bit over the top but it got the job done. There was a low hissing sound, and the door jarred open. He could hear the automatic tumblers falling from inside the walls and a large bar shifted out of the way of the door, allowing entry. The dog slipped right in, and using his foot Lance pulled it open a bit more to enter.

Immediately the animal darted for the stairs, and Lance released a heavy audible groan. He'd have to carry this 98 pound carcass all the way up the stairs who knows HOW far. He was definitely not looking forward to it, but he'd already made it this far, he couldn't stop now.

Ascending the staircase and trying to keep up with the dog, he began to think whether or not he could handle the mother's stress, and formulated an idea to handle the situation. A woman passing by looked down at him and smiled, looking at the child "asleep" in his arms. Apparently she must have thought Lance was his father or something of the sort. But if it WAS his kid and was asleep, he'd woken him up to walk himself long ago. The dog shot off into a side door, 27 flights up, luck was with him today. Down the hallway a few doors, he planted himself in front of the door. Lance knelt over beside the dog, and placed the boy sitting against the wall beside the door. He tore off both his sleeves, and used them to cover the wound on his shoulder, and the snapped arm. Placing the arm on the boy's lap, he watched as the boy's crushed bones gave way and he slumped into an almost puddle on the floor. Cringing, he knocked hard on the door twice, and rang the bell.......

A few moments later the door creaked open, and the shocked and horrified stare of the mother was peering down at her morbid son, dead. She fainted, a loud thud reverberating down the hall. The dog walked over, licking at her face sternly and started to wake up. But how did her son get there, and why is he dead? Staring down the hallway for some sign of his delivery boy, the hall was empty.....

14 floors down from there now, in a quickly moving elevator, Lance sat against the side of the elevator sighing. This was definitely not turning out to be a good day. He'd lost his recon team, as well as the supplies, and he just had to carry a dead young boy up to his mother's doorstep, without the courage to stay and comfort her. Yep, as close to hell as they all lived one would expect no one would fear it. Truth be told, Lance didn't fear it, he knew damn well he was going there someday.

Alaude Drenxta

As this forum has become my peaceful quiet place, a place where my creativity spawns the best; I'll stop by in this thread to update my story from time to time.

Desecrated Pulse

The story in itself is very interesting, though it does leave me wondering if we've been given the main story plot yet, or was it simply alluded to. At any rate, perhaps you should hurry with the next chapter, so the watchers aren't just left hanging. You have some exquisite detail, even though at times I'd think that it would be better explained in a more direct approach; that would make it a bit more mundane though.

In the last chapter, correct me if I'm wrong, but the man left the child on the doorstep, and you moved quickly onto the next transition chapter. Was that an attempt to sever the reader's emotional connection from the characters? Or, perhaps just a way for you to finish up without heightening emotions, just to drop them like a rock?

Alaude Drenxta

Personal Vindictive

WHAM!

“I’ll not stand for this ANYMORE I tell you. Either we follow through with it today, or we have no right to continue the operation any further!”

“Anya, sit down this instance. Such brutish and outlandish insolence in this court will NOT be tolerated. I do not care who your father is.”

“Well then, if you refuse to act, then by all means, I’ll just excuse myself, and do my duty to my people elsewhere.”

The room was dark and dimly lit. A thin arid taste hung in the air. Not so much because of bad quality, but due to the tension and heightened worry of the room’s inhabitants. The overhead lights were off during the discussion, and the only sources of light in the room were a single pen light latched onto an elderly man’s glasses rim, and a small holo-projector stationed in the center of the their circle. This holo-projector was emitting a 3-D topographical map of the surface world, exhibiting the wasteland-ish remnants of a long dead world….the remains of the United States of America. This fallen nation was now a destitute and barren desert all across its surface, any sources of life had been drained long ago. Just beneath the surface level of the map, it revealed a second level. This was beneath the earth’s crust, and as the map showed, the Earth was riddled with massive expanding pits and burrows under its surface. This was what the human race had been reduced to….

As the door slammed behind her, Anya, a well dressed woman of about 20 years, her long auburn rustling behind her in her hasty exit, haughtily stormed out of the room into the more properly lit hallways outside. Almost as if on cue, a familiar face had come trundling into the complex, obviously late and shaken. She at first recognized him due to his outlandish, long silver hair, however upon taking a second look, it was his all-natured emotionless expression that assured her it was the one whom she’d heard so much about. Certainly, he was a bit different than the chairman had depicted him as. He seemed much less rugged and hardy than she’d imagined him, and he presence certainly did not exude this superiority he’d been so heralded with. Hell, at any rate he was late.

“Lance, I’d assume. If I’m correct, you’re far late for the meeting. The board has already convened, and after…recent…occurrences, they may not be too friendly to interruption.”

He turned to her and stopped, standing only feet from her and looked her placidly in the eye. He certainly was stoic that much they’d not exaggerated. Under the lights, his bright blue eyes glistened into her view, that quintessential gaze that he was famous for, and she was entrapped.

“Is that so? Well, I guess I can assume the outburst was on your part then? Even so, I doubt they’d turn me away, not with the news I’ve gathered, eh? Perhaps, if you’re interested, you should return with me and we can look over it. Or, I could just brief you later, in private.” His shrewd and blank gaze went soft almost instantaneously, and before she could catch herself, she sputtered out a short sentence and fled down the hall.

“Fine, after the meeting in 34C, my office.”

He cocked his eyebrow and fought back a smirk as he turned into the building complex. His presence highly alerted the men, who seemed nearly blinded in this dark room upon the presence of the lights. Closing the door behind him, and without another word, Lance sat down quietly at the table. A few moments of silence passed as the 9 men seated around the holo-table stared at him gaudily. Unsure if he should just spill his story, or wait till one of them said something, he gave the table a swift kick and the lot of them pounced in their seats. He tried to stifle a laugh, but couldn’t help but snicker. Lifting his finger, he pointed to a small area on the holo-map, and immediately it zoomed in on the spot……………….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 Years before
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Planet Earth, the year is 2028. This was back before it all even started, back when the planet seemed safe, and all the life seemed to be going exactly how humanity had envisioned it. The fuel crisis of the nations had begun to subside, and it had seemed that many miracles had been advanced upon in the past 20 years. Cancer had been cured, fuel cost efficiency was dropped nearly to ten cents to the gallon, and the greenhouse effect was working full throttle in reverse. However, it was these very advances that would eventually lead to the downfall of the human race, and all mankind, for none could have foreseen the future that had awaited them all…

This “wonder machine” a technological marvel that was invented in Australia by a man by the name of Brian Start, was a device that was for better or worse, multi-purpose. This machine used DNA encoding calibrations to extract the singular genetic sequence that strictly defined the human’s IQ interceptor point. Using this 144 letter encoding script, it translated this code into a chemical quotient, detecting all natural elements needed to cause the specific reaction, and injected a number of artificially constructed enzymes, that by using a specific denaturing process, could interlock with the RNA codes. To be put into simpler terms; he had invented a way to build a human intelligence unit of limitless intelligence out of nothing but natural chemicals and human DNA.

However, this was the catch. In order to process this limitless capacity for knowledge, intellectual reasoning, and the innate growth pattern of a living organism; Brian needed to devise a NON-living shell to house this intellect. Throughout history, people have feared science, and what their increasingly intelligent capabilities can do. Over-stepping the judgment of numerous rights activists, he instilled a cybernetic mesh with this intelligence producing drone, and imbued it with boundless information and knowledge. He called this core capacitor, AE. Alpha-Endo. He named is after the Endo project, used, which was the project in which he made his discovery, and this was his very first masterpiece. Through the immense logical reasoning capabilities that the AE exhibited, the Earth’s problems were pin-pointed and solved within a year of the AE’s inception. Its intelligence multiplied exponentially over time, and within 15 years; it developed the highest intellectual property thought to limit human potential. This was where it spiraled out of control. Its increasing intelligence, while not capable of self-awareness, had stumbled a form of biological re-construction, the ability to procreate life. The research was astounding, and from the very start it seemed the worth of the experiment was boundless. However, two years after the inception of the “human AE”, the trouble had already spawned itself. There was one small error in the schematics of the artificial life form. It was mentally unchallenged, and had received, due to human error, an artificial gene structure sequence that had been denatured in a lab. This error spanned the globe in every creation center, and the fate of humanity had been sealed.

The error was a faulty genetic encoding sequence. It was a virus, a singular cell that infects the entire body, and alters the physical properties and moral, ethical, and reasoning capabilities of the host. Over time, the infection spread across the globe in girth, and thousands of years spent developing civilized life and human society were dashed within a year. The humans that had been infected ravaged and devoured all things in their path, and those who remained untouched, fled. They raced down beneath the Earth’s surface, and hid below its crust, in the hopes that the beastly and Neanderthal-ish heathens above were not intelligent enough to find them. Up until now, they’d been right. However, times change, and soon they feared their near utopian societies would fall as had their last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the map zoomed in upon the spot, it spiraled downward, plummeting upon but a single standing building, the remains of oddly sound structure amid the chaos surrounding it. Immediately, as with a push of a button, a broad heat scan lens swapped over the holo-map, and thousands of deformed creatures were shown in droves in the building’s interior.

“Well, as you can see…..we have a problem.”

||((This Chapter was a bit vague and seemingly half-baked. It kinda was, and was kinda planned out this way, as a cliff-hanger. I didn't want to divulge ALL the details yet.))||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back