• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Encanto (2021)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The film centers on a family named the Madrigals living in the Colombian mountains. Each child but one has been granted a magical ability such as strength and healing. That child is Mirabel who will have to save the magic when it is under threat. Trailer came out today

November 21st

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think it looks cute, although I was much more excited about Raya. They have surprised me sometimes though (I didn't expect to like Frozen or Zootopia before I saw them, and ended up loving the former and really enjoying the latter). Actually, now I think of it, Frozen 2 and Raya were probably the first films since TP&TF all those years ago that I had looked forward to pre-release.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Wonder if Mirabel will discover a latent magical power or not by the end of the film? I kind of prefer it if she didn't

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's going to be interesting to see how this movie gets incorporated into Kingdom Hearts, we may get a Frozen situation where minor characters end up being the party members.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's going to be interesting to see how this movie gets incorporated into Kingdom Hearts, we may get a Frozen situation where minor characters end up being the party members.
If that happens then the Madrigal girl with super strength or the son who can control animals would be my picks for party members

Soldier

Awards
If that happens then the Madrigal girl with super strength or the son who can control animals would be my picks for party members
He can't CONTROL animals, he can communicate with them (the correct term is Zoolingualism) , and honestly, I'm hoping for him at least to be the party member. Given the region it's set in, there's PLENTY to work with in terms of wildlife that'd be good in a fight. Coatamundi's for ranged attacks, jaguars for physical attacks, Macaws for aerial support.
Honestly, I'm just impressed by the way they've gotten around to adapting to how various animals locomote, not only do they look like their real world counterparts, they also move as they would to (to an extent, barring cartoonish shenanigans).
And I doubt the powerless girl will get every power, it'll probably fall into the cliche "Strength in union" message where her power is bringing everyone together and balancing things out.

Barrett

Awards
I think that now that we know enough of what the film is like even before it comes out, we'll most likely have Mirabel be the party member since the film involves her going on a grand journey.

Zackarix

Awards
Just saw this movie and it's great! It has amazing music and metaphorical storytelling.

What are the chances that Mirabel ends up being a Princess of Heart if the film ever ends up being a world in KH? It wouldn't exactly fit with the story's themes, but I could still see it happening.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone think that this world can work in KH? Unless they make the jungle/mountain areas expanded with original locations (maybe leading to the river), I don't think it can work solely with the house and town. Although, the house has those specialized rooms for each family member (and Bruno's hidden wall space), but I'm not sure if there's enough world for KH IV.

I wouldn't mind Mirabel being a New Heart and just being in Radiant Garden or something.

Zackarix

Awards
Does anyone think that this world can work in KH? Unless they make the jungle/mountain areas expanded with original locations (maybe leading to the river), I don't think it can work solely with the house and town. Although, the house has those specialized rooms for each family member (and Bruno's hidden wall space), but I'm not sure if there's enough world for KH IV.
Just the house and town would be fine. I'd rather have an engaging world then a large one. Just properly flesh out the areas you have instead of having them as glorified hallways and it will be fine.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't have a problem to expanding or adding areas like jungles or mountains. Especially if its post movie like some of the worlds in KH3.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I posted about it in the worlds thread, but I don't think anybody else had seen the movie yet at that point. I did see it the first day it was in theaters, lol.

I can imagine a story where the Heartless infect the candle / house and cause the doors to become portals to dangerous areas you have to traverse to, say, rescue one of the family members inside or something like that. I think it would be a lot of fun to have Mirabel as a party member.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Just the house and town would be fine. I'd rather have an engaging world then a large one. Just properly flesh out the areas you have instead of having them as glorified hallways and it will be fine.
The river is an important part of the story though. I think we should be able to go there. It's also an actual place in Colombia.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
So I saw this movie a few weeks ago and really liked it. The visuals were incredible, the music was amazing and the story really strong. I really liked how it explored family dynamics and how expectations can effect the whole family and how perspectives can differ within the family. I've been listening to the music a lot in the past weeks both the english and spanish versions. My biggest complaint is that it probably would have been better as a series, seeing we don't get as much time with all the family members as I wanted. I really liked Tia Pepa's side of the family but they're not focused upon as much as Julietta's kids.

As for a KH level I think Casita could easily be the whole world, but ideally we'd also get some of the town.
I can easily see all the rooms making for a very interesting and diverse world. We'd have rocky terrain with Luisa's room, Floral fields in Isabella's room, rainforest in Antonio's room and Bruno's room would be a dessert, this would really make for an interesting setting and we still have rooms that we don't know what they'd be like.
I'd prefer for the visit to take place after the movie seeing I don't see how SDG really could fit into the family drama of the Madrigals. I wouldn't mind Mirabell being one of the New Lights, she'd also make for a fun companion. However part of me would prefer her sisters as party members seeing their powers are the most RPG suited, maybe there's something threatening her and her sisters join Sora to save her.

Zackarix

Awards
A suggestion I saw on Reddit was to have Mirabel be convinced that Isabella is the Princess of Heart but it turns out to be her. A twist players would be able to see coming from a mile away, but could still work as a story. But I'm still not sure how well it would work with the movie's themes.

Soldier

Awards
Perhaps it would be good to incorporate the plot of the movie, but have the heartless interfering with it. Maybe have some Soldier heartless (not the classic Soldier, ones that look like conquistadors) jaguars and toucans attacking the house.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Eh, not really. It would be big enough for a KH1/2/BBS world, but nowadays would be too small even with the Tardis effect. & the movie's conflict is a family squabble that no KH MC has any business sticking their nose in.

MAYBE, if it was a quasi-sequel premise with Maleficent or whoever else feels like taking the Xaldin role wanting to take the magic for themselves, I guess. Still sounds flimsy.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
A suggestion I saw on Reddit was to have Mirabel be convinced that Isabella is the Princess of Heart but it turns out to be her. A twist players would be able to see coming from a mile away, but could still work as a story. But I'm still not sure how well it would work with the movie's themes.
I think it would work well. Maybe not even have Sora thinking about finding a Princess of Heart, then it turns out that Mirabel is one. He can keep that to himself maybe. It would be kinda cool that the family was given all this magic, but Mirabel was given a gift beyond just that world.
Eh, not really. It would be big enough for a KH1/2/BBS world, but nowadays would be too small even with the Tardis effect. & the movie's conflict is a family squabble that no KH MC has any business sticking their nose in.

MAYBE, if it was a quasi-sequel premise with Maleficent or whoever else feels like taking the Xaldin role wanting to take the magic for themselves, I guess. Still sounds flimsy.
I think they could maybe re-work the world's plot like the first visit to Halloween Town/Atlantica? Instead of it being the generational trauma of Alma being the cause of the magic loss, they can swap it over to an original character investigating the world to figure out the source of the magic and use it for themselves. The story can still have the grandmother question why the magic is failing and have them lose the magic, but have it as a mixture of the miracle dying (the sense of community fading) as well as giving that a face in some original villain character attacking the world.

I would actually love to see it end with Sora and Mirabel fighting the original villain and beating them. Then Mirabel rallying everyone - Sora, Donald and Goofy included - to help rebuild the town even though it looks like there's too much damage. Maybe she can even say something about how she may not have the miracle's magic or a keyblade, but she cares about her family and community, and will find a way to help them. The story could also have Sora and Mirabel bond over not being "chosen" and the whole idea of the keyblade choosing people (which they can explore further with Mirabel being inquisitive).

Back